Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lol if you don't know how to Linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

saints row 4 free weekend

gonna install+get bored within an hour

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

using linux over windows has many advantages such as

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

please dont underestimate the fully four or five hours of entertainment that game can give you

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Katana Gomai posted:

saints row 4 was a very fun game

the opening sequence alone is still amazing. the whole franchise has some really good comedy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sr4 is great, it's the real successor to crackdown since the official sequel was bad

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Katana Gomai posted:

pretty much what happened for me

LOL ZANY AND FUN

PURPLE BITCH

ok, delete, done

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the metal gear solid mission was really fun

the whole game is really fun

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

why would you ever want to

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
saving this amazing post from being lost

univbee posted:

pc

quote:

Users of Steam on GNU/Linux are reporting that attempting to move the Steam folder - something that the GNU/Linux Steam installer doesn't allow you to set at the time of installation - is leading to everything able to be deleted being deleted recursively from root. First entered as a bug report by the Github user keyvin, he explained how he tried to move the directory somewhere else and symlink it to the original location. In almost every use case under the Sun, this usually works without too many problems. Unfortunately for keyvin, however, a bug in Steam proceeded to delete everything it was able to on his computer - even the content on his 3TB external storage.

Another Github user, d00fy, mentioned how he had just lost his entire Home directory by just starting steam.sh with STEAM_DEBUG=1.

It tries to look for the Steam folder and when it can't do that, it just returns a forward slash - a forward slash would represent root. For those unfamiliar with the rm command when used with the -rf flags, it basically breaks down into 'remove all files, protected or otherwise, recursively and without asking for confirmation on each file.' Starting from the / directory, or root, it is the *nix equivalent of deleting your C: drive. It can't delete everything, but it does manage to delete a user's Home directory, Media, and similar - pretty much everything important.
james

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Valeyard posted:

the metal gear solid mission was really fun

the whole game is really fun

the best part is the romance button, especially using it on kinzie

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

i'm not hating on saints row it's just that i also own sr3 and i didn't get further than a few hours into that, either

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

sr4 was good because volition didn't have idiot thq managers making GBS threads everything up

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Katana Gomai posted:

i'm not hating on saints row it's just that i also own sr3 and i didn't get further than a few hours into that, either

sr4 is literally sr3 with an even more bananas plot and super powers. its not a bad game by any means but if youve played sr3 youve basically played sr4

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

the best part is the romance button, especially using it on kinzie

oh yeah i forgot about that

Katana Gomai posted:

this one has lots of fast movement and literal flying which is fun enough to just fly around everywhere, there are tons of abilities to unlock and yeah gently caress it really is a better sequel to crackdown

god they could have made this a standalone option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CWc9UJA22Y

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 16, 2015

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

gently caress the day 3 beldr fight

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

carry on then posted:

sr4 was good because volition didn't have idiot thq managers making GBS threads everything up

red faction armageddon :negative:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Valeyard posted:

oh yeah i forgot about that

this one has lots of fast movement and literal flying which is fun enough to just fly around everywhere, there are tons of abilities to unlock and yeah gently caress it really is a better sequel to crackdown

god they could have made this a standalone option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CWc9UJA22Y

that was done entirely using complicated filters which is really rad

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Katana Gomai posted:

is this the same with the beyond earth free weekend also going on?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

duckfarts posted:

is this the same with the beyond earth free weekend also going on?

beyond earth is fun just dont expect anything earth-shattering

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

beyond earth is somewhat ok, to be exact. it needs an expansion to become decent, and one more to become good

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 16, 2015

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

kalstrams posted:

betyond earth is somewhat to, to be exact. it needs and expansion to become decent, and one more to become good

so, civ v

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exactly
which would be perfectly ok if not for the fact that endless legend right know is at least as good as one could expect be to be after two nice expansions

e: asides form some dumb ai quirks, but devs swear to their mums that theyre onto it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yes

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
is endless legend worth it, dungeon of the endless is some td bullshit garbage

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kirk posted:

is endless legend worth it, dungeon of the endless is some td bullshit garbage

endless legend is fantastic and a very different game from dungeon of the endless

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yup, they have nothing common except lore

endless space is in that universe
endless legend is on planet in there
dungeon of the endless is underground of that planet

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

kalstrams posted:

yup, they have nothing common except lore

endless space is in that universe
endless legend is on planet in there
dungeon of the endless is underground of that planet

they also all have the fids system but how it works obviously changes between the games

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's league night at PAPA HQ. 500 loving pinball machines, all for meeee

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

Granbar posted:

going on a train ride with a mate

what are some good local multiplayer games for the iPad?

only thing i can think of is spaceteam, but that can get loud. you might not wanna play it on a train.

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]
o but spaceteam isn't pass-and-play or anything. is that what you meant? i don't know about that.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
endless space was some boring garbage and dungeon of the endless sucks, so idk about spending money on endless legend

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

As a Millennial I posted:

is what you mention some sort of competitive pinball?
pls dont laff, last time i played pinball was on dads work computer a bit more than decade ago

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kirk posted:

endless space was some boring garbage and dungeon of the endless sucks, so idk about spending money on endless legend
endless legend is amazing game. endless space isnt. dungeon of the endless is ok, but not for everyone
your game purchasing is like my friend entering the kitchen. he smashes open 6 bottles of beer with his foot and then rams his face into a shelf
that really implies that food is poo poo, but it isnt

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kirk posted:

go watch some youtube neckbeard play it i guess. its basically a better version of civ v in a fantasy setting with light homm elements thrown in and some really and truly unique factions. also it is goddamn gorgeous

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

As a Millennial I posted:

nice. i'm jelly

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Katana Gomai posted:

gently caress the day 3 beldr fight

don't fail the noob check

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Notorious QIG posted:

go watch some youtube neckbeard play it i guess. its basically a better version of civ v in a fantasy setting with light homm elements thrown in and some really and truly unique factions. also it is goddamn gorgeous

i can dig that, i loved AoW3

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
although it was fuckin broken as poo poo in mp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kirk posted:

although it was fuckin broken as poo poo in mp
do you reccommend getting aow3? havent played it, but i liked playing some other aow some 8 years ago, iirc

• Locked thread