Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

New retainer ventures too. Getting the gatherers geared up is going to be painful this time.

I realize that the PS Move support looks kind of limited but... I kind of want to watch somebody Just Dance their way through some mudras now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:worship:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
With the patch notes being released, its time for another official forum safari!!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/214549-Trials-in-patch-2.5

Pubbie in that thread bitches about how SE should have made the minimum ilvl for the new stuff higher than Shiva EX. Yes, that includes the storyline duties.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

omg new pvp mode yessssssssss

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Unhappy Meal posted:

Looks like they forgot to ??? out the name of the trial in the autotranslate section at the bottom too.

They did? It's either since been removed or I'm not sure which one you think is the new trial.

Although while I'm making fun of patch note mistakes, Philosophy Tomestones are back:

quote:

Rewards
All players will receive PvP EXP and Wolf Marks, as well as Allagan tomestones of soldiery and Allagan tomestones of philosophy[emphasis mine] based on their performance.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

omg new pvp mode yessssssssss

With loving killstreaks. poo poo's gonna be rad.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

With loving killstreaks. poo poo's gonna be rad.

I would love to hear some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4VmVwd24c

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rift battlegrounds did something similar and it was :krad:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

not sure if it's been posted yet, but possible image of the kirin mount from fanfest, i believe.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

lol so it's just a reskin of the behemoth mount

here I was all excited

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

lol so it's just a reskin of the behemoth mount

here I was all excited

yea hoping not considering the amount of time i put into doing primals/selling primals/kill me but that's probably it lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm just stoked that light is going to accumulate faster so I don't have to grind as much.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm just stoked that light is going to accumulate faster so I don't have to grind as much.

god yes. that's an awesome change. i'm sure some babies are mad because they had to grind on the old rates and now new people get an easier time but boo hoo, less grind more fun!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
The thing I am most excited for.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Personally, i'm most looking forward to this quest.

How mysterious...

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
We'll finally be able to try on items from the chat log

Edit: Also they added support for the PlayStation move controller, weird

Ohtsam fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 16, 2015

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ohtsam posted:

Edit: Also they added support for the PlayStation move controller, weird

Obviously its so you can do the Most Gentlemanly Pose. :gitgud:

i don't know anything about the move controller

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

The text command for it is /hildibrand or /hildy.

I may or may not have clapped for the Enough Expository Banter achievement reference.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Xenoveritas posted:

They did? It's either since been removed or I'm not sure which one you think is the new trial.

Although while I'm making fun of patch note mistakes, Philosophy Tomestones are back:

Still sitting there at the bottom of the table, "Duty the void" going to take the fight straight to the Ascian club house.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

With the patch notes being released, its time for another official forum safari!!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/214549-Trials-in-patch-2.5

Pubbie in that thread bitches about how SE should have made the minimum ilvl for the new stuff higher than Shiva EX. Yes, that includes the storyline duties.

gently caress this person and anyone who cries that content is too casual.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Unhappy Meal posted:

Still sitting there at the bottom of the table, "Duty the void" going to take the fight straight to the Ascian club house.

I hope this means we're going to see another DGKK Lahabrea wipe.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Yoshi-P wants me to reinstall this game so bad.

Why Yoshi-P, why?!

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Why Yoshi-P, why?!

and you haven't because??????

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Why Yoshi-P, why?!

Come back Avelyn! And join our static, we cleared t9 finally :3

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I'm surprised no one has pointed out that you will be able to FINALLY try on items that are linked in chat. And for people looking for dress up inspiration the game is also going to finally tell you what dyes people use on their gear.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Meldonox posted:

I hope this means we're going to see another DGKK Lahabrea wipe.

Ok wait you have to go into details about this.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Everyone was naked.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Unhappy Meal posted:

I'm not convinced that's not just a weird classification thing since that's a more generic concept than anything else. Also it's not in all caps like every other duty title. Keep in mind that the World of Darkness also deals with that.

We'll find out Tuesday!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So what, if any, changes are being made to the relic grind?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

So what, if any, changes are being made to the relic grind?

Increased light for nexus.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Axle_Stukov posted:

Saigyouji posted:

Everyone was naked.

Pretty much just this, plus a little bad timing, like folks getting knocked back into AoE pools just in time for them to blow up. Still, "A few weeks ago I was in a group that wiped on Lahabrea" is great fun to drop in chat whenever main scenario roulette sticks you in Prae.

And I know we've moved on from it but the new dungeon sets look good as hell and the WoD sets suck. :colbert:

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
They're also upping the Alexandrite drop rate by who knows how much.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/fd0d1721017d05062533a48175b1035407211266
"Retainers can now be placed on estate grounds outside the hall."
Gonna be a clusterfuck of retainers at the FC house after 2.5 hits.

They also need to break up the low level/hard/expert duty roulettes better because there's a big difference between Amdapor Keep and Snowcloak plus the gap for fresh 50s being about to run the roulettes will only get worse. Maybe in 3.0 they're just going to say gently caress it and have all the level 50 stuff be a single roulette but ideally they'll add a few levels to the newer dungeons or something so that people can level through them a bit rather than hit 50 and have an absurd amount of poo poo to unlock all at once.

The Chairman posted:

I'm not sure what "Allagan catalyst" is since it's not an existing item name.

The item from Cloud of Darkness for the craftable weapon perhaps? It's also a bit surprising you only need i90 to enter the World of Darkness. Wonder how many White Wolf references there will be in the dungeon (if any).

Patch Notes posted:

・The rate at which soulglazed relic weapons achieve soul attunement has been increased.
The drop rate for Alexandrite when completing a FATE with a gold rating while equipped with an animus, novus, or nexus weapon has been increased.

So Novus and Nexus stages will go faster, but Animus is being left untouched?

Kwyndig posted:

Looks like they wanted people to go back and do Extreme Primals again...

I might actually think about going back and finally clearing Titan EX.

Blockhouse posted:

So mystery trial's gotta be that big-rear end dragon from the trailer, right?

It'll be Omega Weapon unless that's going to be the final battle in the very last patch before 3.0 hits.

Nipponophile posted:

THANK YOU!!!

The dev behind "A Highwind in Ishgard" still deserves to be bitchslapped repeatedly though. :colbert:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I've been waiting forever for that one catgirl hair style to be usable by other races

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Gizmo Chicken posted:

They're also upping the Alexandrite drop rate by who knows how much.

I'm really hoping they make it so that fates are a viable alternative for getting alex now. I'd like to be able to zone out and grind some fate parties in between maps and hunts. Regardless, with this and the light changes, I think I'm going to make a real push to max out a relic before Heavensward. I should finish my Animus books this weekend with a little effort, and I've got enough cash saved up for a good start on the materia grind. We'll see how it goes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Nipponophile posted:

I'm really hoping they make it so that fates are a viable alternative for getting alex now. I'd like to be able to zone out and grind some fate parties in between maps and hunts. Regardless, with this and the light changes, I think I'm going to make a real push to max out a relic before Heavensward. I should finish my Animus books this weekend with a little effort, and I've got enough cash saved up for a good start on the materia grind. We'll see how it goes.

Yeah, I'm on like Book 5. I'd really like to be able to take it to the end.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Yoshi-P switch Toto-rak to loving Garbage Roulette so I stop getting it for LLDR onegai

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I'm gonna have Novus just before 2.5 hits, so this should at least take the sting out of Nexus a little. I'm already sick of Levi and Ramuh.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The animus nerf is that their fates are being removed from the normal fate rotation and basically will be always up like the CT fates.

They turned back on ilevel sync for the hard mode dungeons though. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

huh. didn't even notice the retainer thing. i'm not sure what big a difference that makes though if you already have the bell, i guess just to have them stand around?

• Locked thread