Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Rad Valtar posted:

Lots of really upset NFL guys calling Cardale selfish:http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-are...dium=socialflow

His response:

http://youtu.be/bvNyVtHj4Fo

oh hey, new page, better include a quote

Halah fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I picture the journalists at Cardale's press conference looking like the Eagles fans after Donovan McNabb was drafted.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I can't really be mad at Cardale, dude seems pretty rad.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Do you think Cardale plays Clash of Clans, Game of War, or both?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Groucho Marxist posted:

urban meyer makes rad college qbs which is way cooler and more important

It's true I would consider anyone on OSU's depth chart to be must-see

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Do you think Cardale plays Clash of Clans, Game of War, or both?

Which has the mascot with the bigger boobs?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

He probably crushes candy after crushing ducks

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Rad Valtar posted:

Lots of really upset NFL guys calling Cardale selfish:http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-are...dium=socialflow

Mike Florio posted:

It was Jones that made it a big deal. It was Jones that made it an unnecessary distraction and attention grab. And it will be Jones who'll have to live this one down.

Lol yeah Florio, nobody in the country was speculating if Cardale would go pro or not. It was no big deal at all prior to Cardale scheduling a press conference.

The media is just pissed because the "Cardale stays in school" narrative isn't as sexy and can't be played out through the NFL draft. Now they'll have to find some other bullshit to write about.

Butthead fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 16, 2015

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
This just shows how college athletes as amateurs is a sham, not because of the press conference, but because everyone was pissed that he didn't go pro.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Butthead posted:

Lol yeah Florio, nobody in the country was speculating if Cardale would go pro or not. It was no big deal at all prior to Cardale scheduling a press conference.

The media is just pissed because the "Cardale stays in school" narrative isn't as sexy and can't be played out through the NFL draft. Now they'll have to find some other bullshit to write about.

Blaming the media is a cop out. QB of national title winning team announces sudden press conference to make life changing decision *blasts Drake* oh my stars and bars can't the media just tone it down on stuff like this?

Meanwhile Mariota releases a statement on Oregon's website.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Cardale's next announcement will be that he's transferring to Michigan. That'd be the greatest troll move of all time, and also a great career move.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Well not all football players can be as classy/loving boring as Marcus Mariota.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

What a surprise, Mariota did the boring thing.

Lots of players have had press conferences, this was not some new thing. And the music and tweets just set up the troll to make it funny. Some media found it funny, some are just old white men. Oh well, they will be able to get their revenge in the future with some hit pieces.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Cardale's next announcement will be that he's transferring to Michigan. That'd be the greatest troll move of all time, and also a great career move.
He'd have to sit a year if he transferred in conference so actually no

I think he'd have to sit a year if he transferred anywhere, actually, considering he hasn't completed his undergrad.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

JT Jag posted:

He'd have to sit a year if he transferred in conference so actually no

I think he'd have to sit a year if he transferred anywhere, actually, considering he hasn't completed his undergrad.
He'd have to sit a year unless he transferred to the FCS.

It'd be a great career move because Harbaugh is the Quarterback Whisperer, not because he'd be able to start next season.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

It'd be a great career move because Harbaugh is the Quarterback Whisperer, not because he'd be able to start next season.

Yeah delaying his career earnings by ANOTHER year would be a great move. :rolleyes:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Eltoasto posted:

What a surprise, Mariota did the boring thing.

Lots of players have had press conferences, this was not some new thing. And the music and tweets just set up the troll to make it funny. Some media found it funny, some are just old white men. Oh well, they will be able to get their revenge in the future with some hit pieces.

What a surprise, Mariota isn't a jerkoff. How boring of him.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

This, but unironically.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Why are you being such a little bitch about a kid deciding to troll the media while simultaneously bringing some positive attention to a school in east Cleveland for at-risk youths?

Eat a dick or loving change your Depends you crotchety old gently caress.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

He's already 22. He'd be a 24-year-old redshirt senior with one full year starting (if that) if he transferred anywhere. Great career move.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Honestly, how mad can you actual be at the media with Jones bringing this entirely on himself.

It wasn't "Cardale Jones press conference 4PM" it was "Cardale Jones' Super Terrific Happy Hour Lifetime Decision Making Funtime Tour WUB WUB WUB WUB". He decided to be a troll, he trolled, some people decided not to like it.

Don't misinterpret what I said about Mariota for meaning you can't call a press conference to announce a return, that's not the point.

Mahoning posted:

Why are you being such a little bitch about a kid deciding to troll the media while simultaneously bringing some positive attention to a school in east Cleveland for at-risk youths?

Eat a dick or loving change your Depends you crotchety old gently caress.

What kind of sad life are you living where you need to validate being hip with being all "LOL YEA gently caress DA MEDIA GET TROLLED human being".

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

It was like a ten minute press conference dude, chill the gently caress out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

What kind of sad life are you living where you need to validate being hip with being all "LOL YEA gently caress DA MEDIA GET TROLLED human being".

Uhhhhh what?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Cardale transferred to Michigan he couldn't be under scholarship so that's not happening in a million years.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Cardale Jones trolling the media was utterly fantastic, and I'm surprised more big-name college players don't do something similar.

If I'm the star QB of Michigan, and I can basically hold a press conference that dominates ESPN right before recruiting starts up again, where I can talk about how great my school is....why wouldn't more guys do that? It's recruiting gold, that no one else can touch until it becomes routine.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
A press conference only has credence if people care about the press conference. I'll hold a press conference tomorrow about what job I'm going to take and see if the media shows up.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Given how ridiculous the NFL media types were about the Harbaugh situation, I am not surprised that they are huge babies.

And I wish Jones went pro because gently caress Ohio State, but this is still funny.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

JT Jag posted:

He's already 22. He'd be a 24-year-old redshirt senior with one full year starting (if that) if he transferred anywhere. Great career move.
I thought he was younger than that. Oh well.

Still would be a hilarious troll move.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Honestly, how mad can you actual be at the media with Jones bringing this entirely on himself.

It wasn't "Cardale Jones press conference 4PM" it was "Cardale Jones' Super Terrific Happy Hour Lifetime Decision Making Funtime Tour WUB WUB WUB WUB". He decided to be a troll, he trolled, some people decided not to like it.

Don't misinterpret what I said about Mariota for meaning you can't call a press conference to announce a return, that's not the point.

Getting real mad about a ten minute press conference you probably didn't watch.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

And him transferring to NDSU and leading the Bison to a 5th championship would have been the greatest.

Then again we have this Wentz guy who is pretty good.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
If they want to be mad at anyone, be mad at LeBron. It was his influence that led to this.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Or don't be mad at all because it's a real weird thing to get mad about.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Butthead posted:

If they want to be mad at anyone, be mad at LeBron. It was his influence that led to this.

Except no one would have been that mad if LeBron held a 10 minute press conference. That situation was a bit different.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

wandler20 posted:

And him transferring to NDSU and leading the Bison to a 5th championship would have been the greatest.

Then again we have this Wentz guy who is pretty good.
I'm pretty sure Cardale Jones could transfer to whoever NDSU plays next year and NDSU would still win. Cardale magic can't beat NDSU.

NDSU is going to win every FCS championship from now until the end of time.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 16, 2015

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
He's mad because VT has to play Cardale now after he makes Barrett sit on the bench because he's Barrett's father.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

seriously, if you're mad about a 10 minute press conference run by a college kid, then you need to reevaluate things

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The Fulmer Cup has officially started. A player at Tulsa got booted off for drug and gun possession and an Iowa State player for DUI

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Raku posted:

He's mad because VT has to play Cardale now after he makes Barrett sit on the bench because he's Barrett's father.

Whatevs we'll line up in crazy looks and bring corners and make him run for his life and they'll prb beat us on like 3 70 yard bombs because he's got that Vick arm.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Raku posted:

Fine with me. We only beat OSU this year because we ran some kind of weird 5-2 in our front seven and brought pressure in ways Barrett hadn't seen before, and even Urban Meyer said he couldn't figure it out until it was too late.

We'll just do the same thing to Cardale, only this time we'll lose because of regression to the mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

The Fulmer Cup has officially started. A player at Tulsa got booted off for drug and gun possession and an Iowa State player for DUI

Wasted no time on that one, he got it like an hour after the game was over.

• Locked thread