Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

To me that fox looks kind of like it's terrified, what with its ears pinned back like that.

Edit: Content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA5TiF250M8

Neurion has a new favorite as of 05:45 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

"Like icebergs, only 1/10th of a seal remains above water..."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Quick, someone make :puggaming: :pcgaming:

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Oh my god. It's beautiful. :allears:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Haa, it looks like it's doing the Itchy Butt Dance

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Neurion posted:

To me that fox looks kind of like it's terrified, what with its ears pinned back like that.
Dogs and wolves also pull their ears back when they're really excited to see someone.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Cockatoo and a bottle:

https://vine.co/v/OpLF7Knp7wP

ding ding dingdingding ding

IMJack posted:

They're just perpetually smiling, it's great. Hard not to be cheerful with a sloth.

Just don't get them wet.

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.

Winklebottom posted:

Just don't get them wet.

But then you can hang dry them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1mAGQAw3Oc

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh my god there are not enough :3:s or :kimchi:s in the world

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
We may not have Hedgehogs or the cute kinds of possums, but North America does have some adorable critters!

Like Beavers!

Cute mouseys!

Prairie Dogs!

Bunnies!!

And Otters!!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Oh god, its a Firey from Labyrinth.

VVVVV Please use nsfw tags if you're going to post sealspin.gif in a thread tia.

Macdeo Lurjtux has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Jan 16, 2015

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

youspinmerightround.gif

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

IslamoNazi posted:

We have echidnas, they like to hide by burying their feet in the ground and tucking up a little bit in a ball. But they also don't quite care enough about doing this to stop peeking up at you while you hang out and go awww. I'll see if I can get a photo of one for the thread later today. There is usually one or two on my run most days of the week it never gets old seeing them, possums on the other hand are just large rats that keep you away running on your roof all night

ninja edit: Forgot to include a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmAzHXyXhU

double edit: Echidnas don't sound anywhere near as adorable as a porcupine.

Echidnas are the cutest things. There's a rescue centre in Tasmania where you can go interact with them. They're lovely. Apparently they try to escape in the luggage nets under prams all the time.

I'm always surprised they don't come up more in this thread, but last time I tried it was surprisingly hard to get good pictures of them. And none of mine from my trip to Australia really do them justice D: Pics of cute echidnas please, thread.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Tracula posted:

For me I can never find raccoons or possums cute. Having grown up on a farm and having dealt with them first hand many times I only see awful, evil snarling monsters

I live in Texas, and have a German cousin. One year he came to visit us and was staying in the backroom at the other end of the breezeway. One night he went out back to go to bed and started screaming. We found him on top of the outdoor freezer, hiding from a possum. To be fair, this was a possum about the size of a beagle or a raccoon, and it was about as pleased to see him as he was to see it. Still funny, though.

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
Just saw this video of a dog being rescued, and felt like it needed to be shared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWI5ZksmJ3k

Just the difference between when they first saw him to even when they're walking him out of the body shop is amazing.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Miniature Moose posted:

Just saw this video of a dog being rescued, and felt like it needed to be shared.

Just the difference between when they first saw him to even when they're walking him out of the body shop is amazing.

Hope for Paws is a GREAT organization. My friend recommended me to them when I was asking for recommendations for donation-worthy organizations. I've watched several of their videos and bawl like a baby every time. The difference between rescue and pre-adoption is nothing short of miraculous, and it's obvious that their rescuers really know how to handle feral dogs. That can be dangerous--even with little dogs--but they always seem to handle things masterfully.

If you've been feeling a little over-hydrated and need a good cry, check out hopeforpaws dot org (initially wrote dog org haha) and watch their rescue videos. I've never ugly-cried so hard in my life.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
In the same vein, Pitbulls and Parolees

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Miniature Moose posted:

The big problem with videos like this is you then watch a few more, then you start watching ones about puppy mill rescues. At least a dog that has run away and is scared or whatever getting rescued is a great story but puppy mill stories start with someone being horrible to animals.

In honour of not that have some pugs and puggles, puggles being baby versions of these prickly little guys

And a yeti rocking out on the beach with a bunch of rescue pugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKt3zSeDwSA

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?

Nordick posted:

Dogs and wolves also pull their ears back when they're really excited to see someone.

If a dog's doing the tight-lipped thing the fox is doing it's probably anxious (depends on the dog though) but for foxes all of the wiggling and nervous-looking behavior is excitement and affection. Fox behavior is pretty neat in how different it is from dogs & wolves. Foxes also can't snarl and make almost purring sounds when they're being pet. What weird little dudes. :3:

Here's another animal purring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rez-u39PKIg

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Don't lie to me; this is a baby version of that blue elephant guy in Jabba's palace, isn't it?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

DrBouvenstein posted:

Don't lie to me; this is a baby version of that blue elephant guy in Jabba's palace, isn't it?

You're half right. Puggles really are just the larval stage of a pug. Very hard to recognise that they grow up to be a pug with bug eyes and a flat face when the start out with such tiny eyes and a long nose. Pugs are the only known dog breed who gives birth to blind young and have a pouch for their children.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Hope for Paws is a GREAT organization. My friend recommended me to them when I was asking for recommendations for donation-worthy organizations. I've watched several of their videos and bawl like a baby every time. The difference between rescue and pre-adoption is nothing short of miraculous, and it's obvious that their rescuers really know how to handle feral dogs. That can be dangerous--even with little dogs--but they always seem to handle things masterfully.

If you've been feeling a little over-hydrated and need a good cry, check out hopeforpaws dot org (initially wrote dog org haha) and watch their rescue videos. I've never ugly-cried so hard in my life.

If pokemon were real, Eldad Hagar would have caught every single one.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

:iamafag::hf::kimchi:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I burst out into a fit of giggles the second I saw that otter.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

DrBouvenstein posted:

To be fair, the Americas got screwed when it comes to possums.

I just remembered! Up here we only have the Viriginia opossum, and we have a ton of them, but South and Central America have opossums out the rear end. They have so many, and they're generally cuter. They all make the same face, though.

Mouse opossums (there's some in southern Mexico, also)

Four-eyed opossums

Water opossums (they swim!)

Wooly opossums

Bushy-tailed opossums

Short-tailed opossums

White-eared opossums

Okay those last ones are basically the same as ours.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
A few pages ago, I mentioned that I was in a horrible car crash in which my femur broke through the back of my pelvis and broke the hip as well. As a result of that, my right leg was pretty much dead weight and I could barely move it.

Today was my first physical therapy session, and it went really well. I ACTUALLY WALKED. I can't walk without using a walker for support, but I still actually took proper steps.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Well done! It's a long road but you'll be so happy passing the milestones.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I've already worn myself out from doing the small bit of walking at therapy as well as walking around the house.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Miz Kriss posted:

A few pages ago, I mentioned that I was in a horrible car crash in which my femur broke through the back of my pelvis and broke the hip as well. As a result of that, my right leg was pretty much dead weight and I could barely move it.

Today was my first physical therapy session, and it went really well. I ACTUALLY WALKED. I can't walk without using a walker for support, but I still actually took proper steps.

Yay for you! I'm really happy you're making a recovery.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Miz Kriss posted:

As someone who's suffered through more than one car accident, this is GREAT news :) for those that are keeping up, this is 60 days out from the day of the accident. Medicine and science are loving awesome.

To contribute: goats on a wobbly...metal...thing!
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=715706088452453

E: Neil DeGrasse Tyson being awesome with a little kid :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwQ9jBuoFA

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 01:01 on Jan 17, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Service (cat) Means Citizenship!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

I love pangolins. :kimchi:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

"The poo poo I put up with."

Lywinis
Nov 5, 2007

I can bench more than you.

Someone decided to take a nap, and really, I couldn't argue with him. So I joined him.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Miz Kriss posted:

Awesome! I broke my femur when I was 5, though not as badly as you, and broke both bones in my ankle when I was 18. It can be a long road sometimes, but I'm glad you're on the mend.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Stolen from the meme thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWAK0J8Uhzk

Driving dogs! :kimchi:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Service (cat) Means Citizenship!

Kittizenship :pseudo: