Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I'm going to spend money causing chaos on every server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Hi folks,

If you feel like the airdrops are an issue for you, you may immediately request a refund to bwilcox@soe.sony.com - this offer applies till Monday and it applies only to people that have purchased the game as of 10:30am Pacific today 1/16/2015 -

Please note that this is going through us, not Steam. Which means it's a little more work so please be patient with the actual refund (it may take a day or two).

Smed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea I think the thing its most analogous to is tf2 gifts

you can buy one and it goes to a random person on the server

except now everyone kills each other to get it

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I don't know why the airdrops thing is overshadowing the fact that this is just a bad stupid idiot zombie game.

Get your refund while you have the chance.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but i bought it knowing it was a bad stupid idiot zombie game tho

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Same

Looking forward to seeing someone try to get 50 people to let him take his item crate

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

Eonwe posted:

but i bought it knowing it was a bad stupid idiot zombie game tho

same. i'm a sucker for stupid idiot zombie games. i'm really looking forward to rust being out of early access at some point.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Got Haggis? posted:

same. i'm a sucker for stupid idiot zombie games. i'm really looking forward to rust being out of early access at some point.

Good one.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

And here I've been thinking if I'm ever in a live or die situation, rain water was generally a safe bet for drinking. Oh how wrong I was.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dvsilverwing posted:

And here I've been thinking if I'm ever in a live or die situation, rain water was generally a safe bet for drinking. Oh how wrong I was.

yep, 10 HP off unless you put it in a campfire, rip

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Eonwe posted:

yep, 10 HP off unless you put it in a campfire, rip

That does not even make any loving sense.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

That does not even make any loving sense.

Its "dirty water", and you make purified water at a campfire

but yea it doesn't really

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MrBims posted:

I don't know why the airdrops thing is overshadowing the fact that this is just a bad stupid idiot zombie game.

Get your refund while you have the chance.

EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING. YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO RANDOM INTERNET GUY ON WHAT YOU SHOULD CHOOSE TO LIKE AND SPEND YOUR OWN MONEY ON. ANYTHING ELSE IS A DIRE MISTAKE THAT YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET AND NOT FORGET ABOUT IN A WEEK.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Haroshia posted:

Honestly I think if the game was just :10bux: :10bux: pay to play there would be a lot less rage about it. Smedley is already on thin ice with a lot of people because of SWG and Planetside 2 Implant bullshit. Regardless of how they ultimately decide to tweak the air drops, it was a massive PR fuckup. Smedley still seems like a glue sniffing idiot, and their game has made an awful first impression.

Wait.

Did they gently caress up PS2 even more?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also I think I read that saline & a bandage will make a first aid kit, which will theoretically heal you a lot more than a bandage

saline requires purified water & salt (you'll find salt in loot containers)

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Wait.

Did they gently caress up PS2 even more?

They've just been loving it up so continuously is my point.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I managed to get zombie blood last night. I couldn't find anyone to use it on or don't even know if I can. I can stab someone with the syringe, right?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

I managed to get zombie blood last night. I couldn't find anyone to use it on or don't even know if I can. I can stab someone with the syringe, right?

yeah you can give someone the zombie herpes but its not actually implemented in game yet

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Haroshia posted:

They've just been loving it up so continuously is my point.

It was meh for a good year, and then for about 6 months it was fun, then I don't remember what they did but it made me uninstall the game and not play it anymore.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Has anybody managed to find a gun in a building yet?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

yes, the police station has lots of guns, and its the only place I've found ammo at

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

ethanol posted:

I've found several hunting rifles and pistols in buildings. Never any ammo though.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Ammo is the main problem not the guns. If we can figure out if crafting ammo is a thing then that would be swell.

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Can someone explain why a shipping container that is full of supplies explodes upon gently making contact with the ground. Also why is a supply drop full of zombies.

I know this isn't meant to be a realistic game, but I'm having a hard time understanding the "why" of this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWNrJJ---g&t=208s

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Foodchain posted:

Can someone explain why a shipping container that is full of supplies explodes making contact with the ground. Also why is a supply drop full of zombies.

I know this isn't meant to be a realistic game, but I'm having a hard time understanding the "why" of this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWNrJJ---g&t=208s

Ahahahahahaha are there joker crates? Yessss....

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that fuckin owns, lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.h1z1crafting.com/#/

best recipe list ive seenso far

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Ahahahahahaha are there joker crates? Yessss....

As far as I've seen, every drop is like that.

It just seems like something that would totally own a new player and make them lose money. It's like some really misguided dev's effort to make the game seem "hardcore". Like "Heh, you gotta be careful in this game, you never know what will kill you!". Which is fine, if you do in some logical way, like igniting a can of gas causing an explosion.. However, it doesn't make any sense that a shipping container would just explode and contain zombies when it's supposed to be a supply drop.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Foodchain posted:

Can someone explain why a shipping container that is full of supplies explodes upon gently making contact with the ground. Also why is a supply drop full of zombies.

Because it's loving hilarious?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Actually tried playing this now. Despite every other lovely thing about the game the five seconds of lag between when I press a button and something happens moves it from absolute poo poo to unplayable poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

Actually tried playing this now. Despite every other lovely thing about the game the five seconds of lag between when I press a button and something happens moves it from absolute poo poo to unplayable poo poo.

that sucks, I actually haven't had any lag at all, its the one shining star of the game release for me

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Because it's loving hilarious?

I don't know, to me that seems as funny as some 14 year old gaining admin powers on a counter-strike server and then killing random people.

I know it's really zany that it explodes and contains zombies, but even the most basic games don't kill the player by some really nonsensical way. Standing under the drop and getting squished? Sure. Having the drop randomly explode doesn't make sense.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is there any idea when the game will go F2P? i can't figure out what incentive SOE has to take it out of EA if that is where they'll make the majority of their money and after that the game is sustained on air drops

edit: i suppose it should be out of EA by the PS4 release which would cost money BUTSTILL

Tweak fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 16, 2015

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Foodchain posted:

I don't know, to me that seems as funny as some 14 year old gaining admin powers on a counter-strike server and then killing random people.

I know it's really zany that it explodes and contains zombies, but even the most basic games don't kill the player by some really nonsensical way. Standing under the drop and getting squished? Sure. Having the drop randomly explode doesn't make sense.

I'm pretty sure you're in the minority here, exploding crates sounds awesome.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

That guy spent $5 to get exploded. This is already the best lovely zombie survival game.

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

The Duggler posted:

You say this, but I feel like if you paid money for a drop only to have it kill you, you'd be irked. Then again, maybe people who bought this game don't mind the idea of wasting money. I think I finally have the answer to my original question of why this is a thing. Thanks all.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

ethanol posted:

I found a shotgun thismorning leaning behind the counter at a gas station. No ammo though.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This game sounds a lot like a Chris Rock joke. Make guns plentiful but ammo scarce so nobody shoots each other :v:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Foodchain posted:

You say this, but I feel like if you paid money

Gonna stop you right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The Duggler posted:

Its like that Ren and Stimpy episode..."Who knows whats in it? Maaaaaybe something good? Maaaaaybe something bad!"

• Locked thread