Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Yuriy posted:

some party

Academia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tyson's spoken word thing was actually pretty good and entertaining.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
mike tyson mysteries is pretty okay too

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Mike Tyson is the greatest living poet and I can't fathom what anyone who wastes their time getting mad about him hopes to achieve

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJ-hLWoPQk

mike tyson owns

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

"What are you gunna do about it"

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

The Sphinxster posted:

Tyson's spoken word thing was actually pretty good and entertaining.

There was a Tyson documentary a few years back and if anyone hasn't seen it, I'd strongly recommend it. There is a real cool part that I'll never forget where he is like "I knew from that moment on that no one would ever gently caress with me again. Because if they did, I would loving kill them." and he is extremely sincere and terrifying but I can still empathize with him.

Yuriy posted:

mike tyson mysteries is pretty okay too

Yeah I think so too

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He's an interesting blend of the kind of macho you have to be to be a pro face puncher and what appears to be sincere humility.

Plus I lived in AZ for a few years and I loved pointing out the intersection in Tempe where he got pulled over doing blow off his dashboard.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfJCYZ06IGI

Yuriy posted:

mike tyson owns

Also even if he's bad there's no way he'll be near as bad as Kimbo was commentating the GP a few years ago.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Tyson did a lot of lovely things in his life but he also is completely and totally forthcoming both about all the lovely things he did and how lovely they were. It's hard not to feel at least a little sympathetic to someone who appears to be trying as best he can to live a better life, long after the point where most people would care.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

Tyson did a lot of lovely things in his life but he also is completely and totally forthcoming both about all the lovely things he did and how lovely they were. It's hard not to feel at least a little sympathetic to someone who appears to be trying as best he can to live a better life, long after the point where most people would care.

:agreed:

He was also, in a number of ways, abused and exploited in ways that would gently caress up even an initially very psychologically stable individual.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@patmiletich 6h6 hours ago
Legacy kickboxing debuts tonight on @AXSTV I'm pumped. They even brought back the yellow card. In my best japanese refs voice....ACTION!!!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I was gonna try to go to the Glory show in February when I saw it was in Virginia. I assumed the town they listed would be in the greater DC area but it's in the rear end end south east of the state near Virginia Beach. That turns the trip from not so bad into gently caress it. Why is Glory running in weird markets like southern VA and Oklahoma and not sticking to LA, Chicago, NY, Denver and other big markets like they were doing before?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Also one of the funniest SA articles ever was written where by Parsons in which Mike Tyson gives a tour about how you can rent his abandoned mansion. I'll link directly to the page where he talks about "Ghost Mode."

Can Ghost Mode become a thing around here please?

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/sybaris-mike-tyson/7/

Edit : "It is filled with all of the luxuries I would lavish on a woman I was wooing in 1988. All of the pleasures. Have you ever thrown a hammer through drywall at a woman standing in the room next to you? I did that once and I missed her but only because of cocaine."

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 17, 2015

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I'm still sad that we never got to see Mike Tyson fight Fujita on a barge in international waters.

quote:

Tyson was a huge MMA fan from the very beginning. He had even worn a Vitor Belfort t-shirt at a meeting with reporters. One drawback, as we have seen most recently, an accomplished boxer could not go into the PRIDE ring solely with one skill, for the competition pool was very deep at this time. Two other major draw backs were the fact he had his license suspended by the NSAC and Japan frowned upon allowing convicted felons to fight in their country.

This is where the idea of a “world tour” came into Sakakibara’s mind. His matches would be boxing matches, first with Mirko Crocop, and eventually with Fedor Emelianenko, two strikers that had a chance at boxing with Tyson in the PRIDE ring. The plans were for these fights to be held in Russia, China, and other venues in Europe.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Is Tyson too over the hill to get in shape and have some low level "punch only no wrestle" type freakshow fights? I'd love to see that.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Seltzer posted:

I was gonna try to go to the Glory show in February when I saw it was in Virginia. I assumed the town they listed would be in the greater DC area but it's in the rear end end south east of the state near Virginia Beach. That turns the trip from not so bad into gently caress it. Why is Glory running in weird markets like southern VA and Oklahoma and not sticking to LA, Chicago, NY, Denver and other big markets like they were doing before?

Because venues in big markets cost actual money

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Is Tyson too over the hill to get in shape and have some low level "punch only no wrestle" type freakshow fights? I'd love to see that.

Yes.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Physically it's certainly possible. Mentally, there is no way. He's said many times that his last fights were purely to pay off his debts, he hates the idea of fighting again and hasn't trained seriously in nearly ten years. In addition to that he spent the last decade on loads of drugs (and not the kind that make you better at fighting) and although it's easy to forget because he comes across as pretty together now in his public appearances, he's still actively in rehab (and has relapsed many times) and therapy. Honestly the guy is very fragile (and as someone who grew up in the 80's it feels insanely weird to say that about Iron Mike) and a ring is the absolute last place he needs to be right now. Frankly just being around the kind of people that run Glory makes me a little nervous for the guy.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
About what time do I get to see Pat Berry get ko'd?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@badboygarcia 12s12 seconds ago
Watching @legacyfighting kickboxing rethinking retirement hmmmmm! @duanebangcom

lol

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
My kru Michael Corley is fighting right now. Go Houston Muay thai! Go Michael!

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 17, 2015

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Kickboxing is so loving brutal.

Pat's up next.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ninja PD posted:

Kickboxing is so loving brutal.

Pat's up next.

is there a stream for this poo poo? can i ask for this? is it televised? my country isn't a real one.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pat is walking out to old Nine Inch Nails, didn't strike me as a NIN fan

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Marching Powder posted:

is there a stream for this poo poo? can i ask for this? is it televised? my country isn't a real one.

same
firstrow has so many ads, I can hear the announcers, but can't watch.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

If you have a fightcreature account, it's on there or here's the source which should work for anyone

http://tv.fightcreature.com/stream/stream2.html

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I'm on http://firstrowsport.eu/watch.php?id=93363&link=1&name=Legacy+Kickboxing but vipleague.se might work for others.

This guy has unreal tits.

"Does Pat have trouble breathing? His lips seem to be blue"

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 17, 2015

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

same
firstrow has so many ads, I can hear the announcers, but can't watch.

Ninja PD posted:

I'm on http://firstrowsport.eu/watch.php?id=93363&link=1&name=Legacy+Kickboxing but vipleague.se might work for others.

This guy has unreal tits.

Use my link and never use firstrow, it got really, really lovely at some point so stick to vipleague or wiziwig

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Yuriy posted:

If you have a fightcreature account, it's on there or here's the source which should work for anyone

http://tv.fightcreature.com/stream/stream2.html

thanks this is 'working' but it's jerky as poo poo. better than nothing i suppose

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Yuriy posted:

Use my link and never use firstrow, it got really, really lovely at some point so stick to vipleague or wiziwig

Thank you, I don't know what I was expecting, but there is a lot of jiggling in this fight.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

thanks this is 'working' but it's jerky as poo poo. better than nothing i suppose

If you check fightcreature from time to time, you can reg and use the private stream instead of the public one but from what I hear registration is rarely open and super annoying

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

That was awful and fat and I don't wanna see Pat Barry fight again win or lose

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yuriy posted:

That was awful and fat and I don't wanna see Pat Barry fight again win or lose

it wasn't a bad fight in that it was competitive but it was still pat barry looking 'not terrible' against a fat guy i've never seen before

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahahahah 'i've got a story to tell but not right now tonight i'm just gonna.... sit down'

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pat says he has 3-4 left in him, offered to fight anyone in the building at the next Legacy card

"As long as you don't work at it, let's just be chubby and fight"

God bless Pat Barry

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Pat Barry for president.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Captain Log posted:

Pat Barry for president.

Rose for president, Pat Barry will make a cool first gentleman.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
we don't need a child president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Jack of Hearts posted:

Rose for president, Pat Barry will make a cool first gentleman.

First Laddie