Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I do find something amusing about people looking forward to spending 20 bucks in order to grief people who spend 5 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

facialimpediment posted:

This game sounds a lot like a Chris Rock joke. Make guns plentiful but ammo scarce so nobody shoots each other :v:

I want a zombie game where you use guns exclusively as melee weapons. No bullets, no indication that these complex machines were ever capable of shooting bullets, no crosshair or aim down sights - just hold an M16 by the barrel and whack people with it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think what we can all agree on is that we are all, in our own special way, terrible people

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

I do find something amusing about people looking forward to spending 20 bucks once in order to grief people who spend 5 bucks n times.

the goal is to make n > 4

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So I watched a few streamers playing this turd in the hopes of getting at least a half chub. Trip report: :flaccid:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stanley Pain posted:

So I watched a few streamers playing this turd in the hopes of getting at least a half chub. Trip report: :flaccid:

so what you are saying is you are a shower, not a grower

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Watching Lirik play this game for about an hour is loving hilarious, poo poo's filled with insane bugs.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

If you die by an exploding supply drop you paid for, it should play "You cant always get what you want" from the rolling stones at your death screen

I would give Sony all the money.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Well, I found a gun. Shot a guy with a bow and machete with a backpack. His body disappeared in about 5 seconds before I could loot it. Then I encountered another guy with a wood stick in his hand. I shot him twice in the body, and twice in the head. He just stood there, then hit me once, and I died.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
This is a lot of entertainment I've gotten by not spending any money

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Tide posted:

Its like that Ren and Stimpy episode..."Who knows whats in it? Maaaaaybe something good? Maaaaaybe something bad!"

Yeah but we'll all be pushing the SHINY CANDY LIKE RED BUTTON

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
I made a bow and some arrows, but I can't figure out for the life of me what I'm supposed to do with the arrows to make them available as ammo. Anyone know?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ICMB posted:

I made a bow and some arrows, but I can't figure out for the life of me what I'm supposed to do with the arrows to make them available as ammo. Anyone know?

They should just work. You are holding right click to nock the bow first right?

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Eonwe posted:

They should just work. You are holding right click to nock the bow first right?

Nope, because it just showed "0/10 arrows" in the HUD so I figured they needed to be in a place. I'll see if I can get back in.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ICMB posted:

Nope, because it just showed "0/10 arrows" in the HUD so I figured they needed to be in a place. I'll see if I can get back in.

yea bows do some weird stuff in general

if you don't have an arrow, but you hold right click it'll pull the string back and display an arrow even, just won't let you shoot

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Haven't spent a dime and I'm already getting my money worth. :munch:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Watching the subreddit for this meltdown has been quite the experience. I don't know why anyone would expect better of SoE at this point.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
A friend of mine gifted me this game, should I log in? I wont lie, even though the game sounds lovely at the minute, the concept of griefing the p2w crowd excites me.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

I dunno, spending 5 dollars to get completely loving pranked by a nuclear explosion that spawns zombies is worth every penny

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Eonwe posted:

yes, the police station has lots of guns, and its the only place I've found ammo at

In the back of gas stations and in warehouses there are brown wooden boxes that you can break (they also respawn pretty often compared to actual loot containers). They have ammo in them every once in awhile, alongside purified water and canned food.

ICMB posted:

When you nock the arrow with RMB it'll show as 1/9, it was displaying properly. You had no arrow in the bow, and 10 in your inventory.

Edit: Also arrows travel at like 10 feet per second.

Makeup Vanity Set
Nov 13, 2012

Sour D's got me touchin' the moon, rollin' up blunts the size of a fuckin' cocoon. Wolves roll together like some family raccoons, tellin' you to eat an ass like a fuckin' baboon.
Smed graced me with the ability to play for a small amount of time today which allowed me to find a bus stop floating above a curb. Shortly after I was murdered by a speedhacking bear. Good job, boys.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Just hacked a guy with an axe 10 times only to have him punch me to death at full health. Respawned, wolf killed me. I love this game. Gonna go buy some exploding airdrops.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Makeup Vanity Set posted:

Smed graced me with the ability to play for a small amount of time today which allowed me to find a bus stop floating above a curb. Shortly after I was murdered by a speedhacking bear. Good job, boys.

I think you're just underestimating the speed of a bear!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
What's worse, people who bought this expecting a good game and got a bad one or people who bought this expecting a bad game?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Makeup Vanity Set posted:

bears run fast as gently caress and hit hard

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Knifegrab posted:

What's worse, people who bought this expecting a good game and got a bad one or people who bought this expecting a bad game?
I'm more worried about the mental health of the latter

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
It's nice to have someone care about you on the internet. Thank you, Anime Schoolgirl.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

snodig posted:

It's nice to have someone care about you on the internet. Thank you, Anime Schoolgirl.
That's literally just a step away from buying every 50 cent game on Steam and unironically enjoying every single one of them

Basically it's the opposite disease of buying a bunch of games and never playing them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

That's literally just a step away from buying every 50 cent game on Steam and unironically enjoying every single one of them

Basically it's the opposite disease of buying a bunch of games and never playing them

I have a weird compulsion to buy bad games and find the fun in them

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Game is pretty fun. It's like a better WarZ, which is all I wanted. DayZ is not fun. I spent $40 on this to kill pubbies with tree branches.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is ok to enjoy bad things since you expect them to be bad. You get what you want.

You really have to be dense to think this game is going to be good, or have not heard much about SOE for the last forever years, or not even read the op.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
basically this game is bad, but do you like making your own fun? this might be an ok game for you

do you have an intrepid group of friends/idiots who you can play with? also might be an ok game for you

is it a highly polished fun game with lots of content and good game mechanics?

gently caress noooooooo

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Eonwe posted:

basically this game is bad, but do you like making your own fun? this might be an ok game for you

Hey, it worked in DayZ! (For about three months.)

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The first time I got into a fist fight I was wondering why Niko Bellic was in the game

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

This was the greatest tragedy to every happen in an H1Z1 stream.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Shadowlz posted:

This was the greatest tragedy to every happen in an H1Z1 stream.

i feel for that man

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Third World Reggin posted:

It is ok to enjoy bad things since you expect them to be bad. You get what you want.

You really have to be dense to think this game is going to be good, or have not heard much about SOE for the last forever years, or not even read the op.

Yep. If you read the OP, read the thread, and then bought the game and are upset with anyone other than yourself... vertical line vertical line vertical line vertical line

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Eonwe posted:

do you have an intrepid group of friends/idiots who you can play with? also might be an ok game for you

is it a highly polished fun game with lots of content and good game mechanics?

gently caress noooooooo

Have you heard of ball in a cup? Game mechanics are pretty simple but you might have a blast with it! (Of course I'm one to talk, I played seven days to die for weeks).

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
Update: killed a motionless wolf with arrows, gathered 300 lbs of blackberryies, came upon two pubbies fighting and beat the winner to death with a branch.

Interestingly, two times that I've tried to access car inventory my system has bluescreened. (Which basically never happens....I'm almost impressed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
If anyone here is still seriously thinking about buying this "game", my PayPal is open for donations, because at least giving your cash to me gives you the satisfaction of having done something good with your money.

• Locked thread