Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Yeah -if she doesn't call it internet tanks like my wife used to also call eve internet spaceships guess what?

Someone is definitely on track to being single. :v: No worries meso, plenty of fish nazis in the sea/on SEA.

Gaming negotiations with SOs who don't like em or don't play what you do need to be well agreed upon or you are not going to be having fun,for sure.

Or you could be adults and recognize that both partners need some relaxation time to use as they please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Or you could be adults and recognize that both partners need some relaxation time to use as they please.

You're on Something Awful bro.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Man how the gently caress do you light tank? I'd given up until these goddamned missions and it's just making me remember why I hate playing them. I'm terrible at it and it drives me crazy. Anyone have any really, really comprehensive guides I can try to get my footing with?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Magres posted:

Man how the gently caress do you light tank? I'd given up until these goddamned missions and it's just making me remember why I hate playing them. I'm terrible at it and it drives me crazy. Anyone have any really, really comprehensive guides I can try to get my footing with?

Play like a grimy piece of poo poo. Take pot shots and never expose yourself for a long period of time. If you light is fast enough you can be a brave little boy and active spot. If your light is not a fastest, you can passive scout in a bush close to the front lines. Just remember: DON'T loving PANIC. If you are lit, you are hosed anyway.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
So play like I play my Batchat when I'm not playing like a shitter? I play that thing as loving sleazy as I can, always

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Magres posted:

Drive around, hide in bushes, take potshots, be cheeky, have fun.

Remember that in some maps, you don't have to scout at all at the beginning of the match if you don't want to, in city maps or condensed maps like Fjords, Cliff or Airfield. Usually on these, the mediums and heavies can spot for themselves and the TD's, leaving you sort as a pocket-medium, free to snipe, flank or pounce on someone.

*take it with a grain of salt, I'm not the best player out there by a long stretch

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I am convinced there is a conspiracy to not let me win today, pubs just flat out refusing to shoot the enemy even when lightly armored tanks are just sitting in front of them.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Just discovered there is an "Improve Result" button that lets you go back and try to complete a mission and get the secondary objective. I'm okay with this.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Soulfucker posted:

That's a great game, I don't suppose you have a replay handy?

Unrelated: holy balls the T-34-85M owns

http://wotreplays.com/site/1533600#sacred_valley-wordbearer9th-tiger_i

I just got the T-34-85M today, love it :allears:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

You're on Something Awful bro.

I think what I'm getting out of this is that Parsnip is a Tomato when it comes to relationships?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
What do you T-34 85M lovers like about it? Rossmum hated it pretty hard.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

maev posted:

I just got the T-34-85M today, love it :allears:

Yeah.

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=81890

e: What do I love about it? The armor is very bouncy with few obvious weak spots, its gun is perfectly fine if you shoot gold, and it's very nimble despite being slow. This makes it a great brawler if you know how to handle it. Also, it turns turns a huge profit win or lose and is a great crew trainer that supports my my Russian medium addiction.

Here, have my other ace replay

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=81896

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 16, 2015

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children
Basically its an iconic tank which feels good to play, I like having the 'proper' tanks and its a great excuse to play it. Specifically I can't say much for it other than I enjoy its slightly brawler-esque armour and rate of fire while being a medium tank.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's official, like we expected any different, the 4202 is a straight swap for the Action X Centurion with no freebie

quote:

The vehicle according to video has following characteristics:

Weight: 44,75 tons
Engine: 510 hp
Power-to-weight: 11,39 hp/t
Hull traverse: 40 deg/s
Maximum speed: 35 km/h

Hitpoints: 1400
Hull armor: 50/50/31
Turret frontal armor: 170mm
Viewrange: 390m

Gun: 20pdr
Penetration: 226/258/102
Damage: 230/230/?
Aimtime: 2,6s
Accuracy: 0,35
Elevation: -10/+20
Turret traverse: 36 deg/s

Not that you'd want it with stats like that

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It looks like it could be fun if the gun soft stats are excellent and you can play it like a slow Pershing, but yeah it looks kind of lovely

E: Trip Report - play lights like you play the Batchat. Be a scummy fucker and throw your teammates under the bus whenever necessary to scoop up damage and kills without getting hurt. I think I'm going to enjoy Lights now that I realize what you gotta do to do well in them, I love playing scummy

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 16, 2015

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Is there a tanks IRC so I can get some platoon missions done?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

thylacine posted:

Is there a tanks IRC so I can get some platoon missions done?

Check PGS, we have a channel

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
For the new missions, does one have to do all of them to get the ~free~ tank will just completing lights or mediums or whatever suffice?

Also, is it a good assumption that this guy is a reroll? One type and one country his whole career?

He was giving me crap for ramming my Luchs into an arty with both of us dying in the process. (I got the eye for eye award for it too).

Although I'm not even over 1000 battles and I suck, I tend to like the T-34-85. I seem to be able to pen well, even shooting regular AP and it's not too uncommon for me to break 1000 in damage with it. It seems to have the right balance of mobility, pen, and dpm. Armor and gun depression isn't great, but the turret will bounce some stuff, and I'm still learning the maps anyhow.

One thing I've been doing is just waiting for a couple of minutes to see where people go and how the match develops.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
not a reroll, just bad at tanks

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Defeat
Battle: Stalingrad
Vehicle: Centurion Mk. 7/1
Experience received: 1,920
Credits received: 73,080
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "I Class"

So glad you got your survival mission bonus at the expense of an easily winnable game I did 5.5k damage in, Lorraine, you piece of loving selfish garbage.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Bishop's second gun is soooo good. I managed to carry a whole game with it. :swoon:

I picked up some vents and a net for it, is it worth buying something else for the third slot?

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 16, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Magres posted:

[E: Trip Report - play lights like you play the Batchat. Be a scummy fucker and throw your teammates under the bus whenever necessary to scoop up damage and kills without getting hurt

This is pretty accurate for tanks in general now.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That's fair, if I had said without getting shot at it'd be more light/batchat specific

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

It's official, like we expected any different, the 4202 is a straight swap for the Action X Centurion with no freebie

Not that you'd want it with stats like that

Are you kidding?

-10 depression, if the turret is at all bouncy, Itll be great.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Magres posted:

Check PGS, we have a channel

is the US or EU?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Axetrain posted:

Make sure to let everyone know in chat that your rich black girlfriend is paying for all your gold rounds.

Ooooh good one! I would also add 'rich off swindling the gubment claiming fitteen kids we don't have bitchezzz'...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Saint Celestine posted:

Are you kidding?

-10 depression, if the turret is at all bouncy, Itll be great.

It'll still be the FV4202 without the unhistorically buffed armor. Expect worse turret armor than the FCM.

E: no google autocorrect I did not mean 'in historically'.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 16, 2015

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Magres posted:

It looks like it could be fun if the gun soft stats are excellent and you can play it like a slow Pershing, but yeah it looks kind of lovely

Umm, unless I'm missing something here, you are comparing a t10 medium with a t8 medium.. you know that, right? a t10 medium with the 20pdr is very much no.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

JuffoWup posted:

Umm, unless I'm missing something here, you are comparing a t10 medium with a t8 medium.. you know that, right? a t10 medium with the 20pdr is very much no.

No, it just doesn't look like a particularly great tank at Tier 8, because the thing is so slow. 11 hp/t on a Medium is pretty bad.

E: gently caress E-25s. I'm so sick of them being everywhere, it's completely absurd that they get preferential MM.

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 16, 2015

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.com/site/1534185#highway-axetrain-is-6

Second mark in my IS-6 makes me feel warm inside. I know alot of you unicums have 3 in everything but I only have 2 on 4-5 different tanks. Also my replay folder refers to the IS-6 as the Obj.252 :confused:.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

demonR6 posted:

Ooooh good one! I would also add 'rich off swindling the gubment claiming fitteen kids we don't have bitchezzz'...

"Kids may be hungry, but my win rate is higher then ever! Thanks, Obama!"

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Keep away from children

Axetrain posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1534185#highway-axetrain-is-6

Second mark in my IS-6 makes me feel warm inside. I know alot of you unicums have 3 in everything but I only have 2 on 4-5 different tanks. Also my replay folder refers to the IS-6 as the Obj.252 :confused:.

How do you get these marks? Last time i played they didn't exist, I get that you have to have a certain amount of average damage but will it backdate my games or do i have to play X amount to achieve them from this point? If so how many?

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Poil posted:

The Bishop's second gun is soooo good. I managed to carry a whole game with it. :swoon:

I picked up some vents and a net for it, is it worth buying something else for the third slot?

Isn't it? That gun really makes the tank, and it's good practice for the FV304, which is the only reason I'm playing this line.

Gun rammer and gun laying device, mandatory for any arty. Drop the net, the Bishop moves so often due to the tiny gun traverse that you'll barely get any use out of it. Actually, even if you had massive traverse, the rammer and GLD would take priority, the Bishop is just an especially poor candidate for a camo net on top of that.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 17, 2015

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

maev posted:

How do you get these marks? Last time i played they didn't exist, I get that you have to have a certain amount of average damage but will it backdate my games or do i have to play X amount to achieve them from this point? If so how many?

You get them by doing more damage in the last 100 games than 65%/85%/95% of everyone else in the tank.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
Game is practically unplayable at the moment. I've never, ever seen more yellow & green players charge into enemy fire before.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

E: gently caress E-25s. I'm so sick of them being everywhere, it's completely absurd that they get preferential MM.

Be afraid because motherfuckers like me get sick air and will land on your tank with mad skills. TLDR look at the gif I posted of that DFA I did yesterday morning.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Huh, my tank experience has gone up a lot. Probably all the pubbies playing worse puts the average skill below mine instead of above. :v:

rockopete posted:

Isn't it? That gun really makes the tank, and it's good practice for the FV304, which is the only reason I'm playing this line.

Gun rammer and gun laying device, mandatory for any arty. Drop the net, the Bishop moves so often due to the tiny gun traverse that you'll barely get any use out of it. Actually, even if you had massive traverse, the rammer and GLD would take priority, the Bishop is just an especially poor candidate for a camo net on top of that.
I see, thanks. But it would be a little too expensive to put both on it. The net was just because I had one lying around I wasn't using.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Poil posted:

Huh, my tank experience has gone up a lot. Probably all the pubbies playing worse puts the average skill below mine instead of above. :v:

I see, thanks. But it would be a little too expensive to put both on it. The net was just because I had one lying around I wasn't using.

You know how godawfully long it takes to aim in on arty? GLD helps with that. And rammer makes the ridiculous reload shorter. There was just a half-price sale on these things....might want to stock up next time there is one! Or you could just not play arty, thus evading this black stain on your soul!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Valle posted:

You know how godawfully long it takes to aim in on arty? GLD helps with that. And rammer makes the ridiculous reload shorter. There was just a half-price sale on these things....might want to stock up next time there is one! Or you could just not play arty, thus evading this black stain on your soul!
The arty I've played the most is the S-51 so anything that aims and reloads faster than that is ok (maybe I should get rammer and lay a drive on it). I don't have enough money lying around to stock up on such things. My soul will remain black and stained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
You never appreciate how hard it is to set someone on fire, until you get a mission to do it.

I've been trying all day and I just got a game where I finished off where I thought a T29's fuel tanks were. Didn't think anything of it, but when I check the after battle report, I *did* destroy his fuel tanks.

But it was the last shot he had the HP for, and so the fire didn't get a chance to tick, so the mission didn't goddamn count. gently caress.