Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004

Eonwe posted:

basically this game is bad,

Gonna have to agree with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Why do peoples' names float above their heads? :psyduck:

Is that something you can turn off selectively, so that other people can't see your name? Is that a cashshop thing? Are there any plans to remove it?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MrBims posted:

Why do peoples' names float above their heads? :psyduck:

Is that something you can turn off selectively, so that other people can't see your name? Is that a cashshop thing? Are there any plans to remove it?

Elementary MrBims...

It's a bad game.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Today I almost bought this game. Not today SoE, not today.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Why is this the top seller on Steam right now? When are people going to learn that these games are broken piles of rear end?

Star Citizen isn't the scam. It's this entire genre. All of it. Alllllll of it.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Haha Rust jsut had a major update to its game, to include functioning air drops again, this is in the patch notes:

"The package also has higher value loot than can be found in the other loot spots, and you don’t have to pay for it."

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hobo Siege posted:

Star Citizen isn't the scam. It's this entire genre. All of it. Alllllll of it.

Woah, hold the gently caress up. Whatever H1Z1 is, you cannot say that about SC.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think we can all call it a job well done if we haven't bought into star citizen

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Orv posted:

Woah, hold the gently caress up. Whatever H1Z1 is, you cannot say that about SC.

except that you can play H1Z1, however lovely it is

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Swear to god, one day someone's gonna trace every single one of these zombie sandbox shitfests to a single organized crime ring.

IT'S A CONSPIRASCAM.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Eonwe posted:

like the "p2w" airdrop thing, its a big loud as gently caress plane that drops green smoke that everyone on the server will be able to see and go toward

if you manage to get to the airdrop before someone else does and takes your stuff, before you get killed, before a loving bear kills you, or whatever else you might get a gun/guns, you might get like some loving water or whatever

apparently they are going to make guns rarer drops in the crates and also make the drop zone a lot bigger, meaning good loving luck getting your crate

its not so much p2w as an RNG slotmachine with zombies and KOS assholes standing next to you waiting for you to pull the lever so they can steal whatever coins drop out of the machine

I heard about 50 planes last night and only saw ONE of them. You need max render distance to see most, and even that, I can't see them. What the gently caress graphic options make my sky anything other than a giant gray piece of poo poo? It's hard to contest planes when it's raining/cloudy 24/7.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

except that you can play H1Z1, however lovely it is

:shrug: Better than Standalone. Though that's a bar you couldn't even trip over.

Hobo Siege posted:

Swear to god, one day someone's gonna trace every single one of these zombie sandbox shitfests to a single organized crime ring.

IT'S A CONSPIRASCAM.

Smedley is a crime against PR, so who knows.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

buying this game wasn't even my worst decision last night

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

ethanol posted:

buying this game wasn't even my worst decision last night

Don't worry. I'm sure a penicillin shot will clear it right up.

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
This thread is going to end up going the way of the two WarZ threads isn't it?

Anyhow I think we had some fun setting up our little hobo goon fuckshack last night.

Until I got trapped in the dewcatcher.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Shadefyre posted:

Same game, same thread.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone getting disconnected constantly?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Knifegrab has 17 posts in this thread so far.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Shadefyre posted:

Ignore the shitposters. It's not difficult.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

If anyone here is still seriously thinking about buying this "game", my PayPal is open for donations, because at least giving your cash to me gives you the satisfaction of having done something good with your money.

Keep in mind, most of the people in this fact are drawn to the fact they can use this game to take money from people.

Also, according to the Smedmaster General himself .5% of people have requested a refund, there sure is a lot more than .5% of the playerbase complaining... the hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Shadefyre posted:

God I can only hope so :allears:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
on one hand, i can see smed lieing about number of refund requests. on the other, its likely just reddit's vocal minority pitching a fit and making GBS threads it's collective diaper so vOv

i dont really gaf if loads of people get refunded though cause the game is fun when it works.

e:i didnt play warz or dayz so idk how those threads went. are we on the same course itt?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Maybe this will be the first zombie survival early access game to pull itself out of the trenches.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 17, 2015

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

It horribly buggy and featureless right now, but it doesn't seem unsalvageable.

The fact that it's from Sony is what worries me and ultimately makes me think I should have just went outside and given a hobo the :10bux: :10bux:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I'm pretty sure H1Z1 is crashing the login and forums servers for other :soe: games.

So grats on H1Z1 for griefing players in completely different games.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Is there any game SoE has done that they haven't eventually hosed up and run into the ground?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tracula posted:

Is there any game SoE has done that they haven't eventually hosed up and run into the ground?

No.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tracula posted:

Did they do something bad to Planetside 2? I played a lot of that game and only stopped because you can only pour so many hundreds of hours into the same shooter.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have no desire to play this game. But... who would be a good streamer to watch while I figgure how hosed this game is?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

I have no desire to play this game. But... who would be a good streamer to watch while I figgure how hosed this game is?

if you go into steam's broadcast beta thing, you can watch people broadcast them being poo poo at the game. if you must watch twitch, idk man. find one that doesn't have an annoying voice?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The Duggler posted:

It horribly buggy and featureless right now, but it doesn't seem unsalvageable.

The fact that it's from Sony is what worries me and ultimately makes me think I should have just went outside and given a hobo the :10bux: :10bux:

Ive played 3 sony mmos, everquest planetside and planetside 2 and they were all cool

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

Ive played 3 sony mmos, everquest planetside and planetside 2 and they were all cool

im sure someone will be along shortly to tell you why you didnt have fun :jerkbag:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Logged in for the first time, spawned next to a 12 year old with a mic. Watched him beat someone to death after he gave me a can of chicken. GOTY 2015.

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Republicans posted:

Anyone getting disconnected constantly?

Yeah, I can't get more than ten minutes at a time, I'd say.

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Ignore the shitposters. It's not difficult.

I just meant that it's eventually going to get locked when the people who bought it and the people who didn't keep taking digs at each other.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Got to play for the first time tonight. It's super rough, but there's more of a game in place than there was in pretty much the entire first six months of DayZ standalone.

Good:
Melee combat seems alright(I didn't get a gun). The servers were bugging a big, so it was laggy at times.
The crafting system makes sense and works pretty well.
It looks alright.

Bad:
The servers are too crowded.
The map sucks currently.
Barely any loot.
Lots of kill on sight.

I probably would have had a more lovely time if I hadn't run across a fuckoff huge group of friendlies, but I think the game will be okay with time.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
walked up to a sign with a map on it

some girl with a super annoying voice told me not to be "that guy and kill me because im a girl"

i told her that using the gender card triggered me and to check her cis privilege and then shot her in the head with an arrow

10/10

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Eonwe posted:

walked up to a sign with a map on it

some girl with a super annoying voice told me not to be "that guy and kill me because im a girl"

i told her that using the gender card triggered me and to check her cis privilege and then shot her in the head with an arrow

10/10

Will arrow headshots kill players in one hit? I nailed a guy with one earlier but two seconds later I was disconnected.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Republicans posted:

Will arrow headshots kill players in one hit? I nailed a guy with one earlier but two seconds later I was disconnected.

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Goon police force successfully patrolled Pleasant Valley and engaged in police brutality maintained the peace.

E: SOE is claiming they increased loot at some point today.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 17, 2015

• Locked thread