Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I swear SerB was laughing his rear end off when he wrote some of the quest requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I had a mission to do 1k damage to a heavy tank in arty. So I decide to load up the batchat sine I can be an rear end in a top hat and possibly get it. Looking around for anything when suddenly an is7 gets too far ahead of his team and then backs up taking minimal damage. So I lob a shell at him after he backed up and kind of put his front sort of towards me. Apparently the shell landed on his hitting for 1100 damage. I was happy. Secondary was to kill a heavy, and that is-7 revealed himself later to be finished by me as well. Our team lost though because a pair of e-100s refused to group up and tag team an enemy e-100 that wasn't really side scrapping.

Only mission I haven't completed with honors in the arty mission so far has been the killing of two tanks of equal or high tier. I took the lefh out for that one, got my two kills, but my team lost in a horrible way.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You can go back and do the mission again to get honors (and the extra credits)

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Strobe posted:

You can go back and do the mission again to get honors (and the extra credits)

oh, I plan to. Just saying, these missions are easy so far in arty for me. Way too easy. Though, I'm approaching those silly platooning ones which will be interesting to set up. Dandy, you know what we must do soon.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

loving finally.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1534565#malinovka-axetrain-m41_walker_bulldog

The elusive Bulldog ace.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Matchmaker, working as intended, in every way!

We won easily!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

I had to walk away for a few hours after my bulldog ace. Getting ace on that thing is a major achievement it feels like.

Also, I need to record my little fun with the bat 155 58 earlier today. It was a loss, but I had some comedy time before I died while being the last person. Barged to the enemy base and shotgunned both of their arty before one of the two remaining wte-100s got back to deal with me. I found it hilarious as hell.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I had that kept on tracking me and got me killed as he believed tracking an ally still counts for his mission :negative:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Using an SU-85b for the TD missions is just outright cheating, and its amazing.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm using a Matilda for the medium tank missions, an M6 for the Heavy tank missions, and a Wolverine for the TD missions. It's a trifecta of ownage.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

OSad posted:

You never appreciate how hard it is to set someone on fire, until you get a mission to do it.

I've been trying all day and I just got a game where I finished off where I thought a T29's fuel tanks were. Didn't think anything of it, but when I check the after battle report, I *did* destroy his fuel tanks.

But it was the last shot he had the HP for, and so the fire didn't get a chance to tick, so the mission didn't goddamn count. gently caress.

Shoot the back sides of a KV5, catches on fire every time (at least when I shoot it with my Rhym).

I'm having an impossible time killing a light tank with my t69 :/

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
rossmum. I have found your game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsHjGX8pq54

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Zanziabar posted:

Game is practically unplayable at the moment. I've never, ever seen more yellow & green players charge into enemy fire before.

Start broadcasting that the first five players have already 'won,' and at this point they're just gunning to be ten random entries in a larger pool, and the list of tanks available to said winners will not be the same list that the "Top 5" are getting. Sure, this won't stop them from playing like loving imbeciles (or saying that you're lying because I'd fathom only about 1% of the community actually ever reads anything on the forums that doesn't pertain to free gold), but the message needs to be boosted that the 'free Type 59/ubertank of your choice' boat has sailed.

Oh, and the winners? From first to fifth: 58.82%, 61.33%, 56.75%, 56.42%, 56.68%. Not a tomato amongst them.

Update 1/16/2015:

1st Place: ChuckN0rris

2nd-5th Place: CanadianGuitar, T3hIce, Johnson753, Zequill

I honestly hope the Type 59G is on that list simply because it would make the entire game go insane.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 17, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thylacine posted:

I'm having an impossible time killing a light tank with my t69 :/

Try driving a tier 4 medium, that low you're more likely to see more light tanks to shoot at

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Carried my team kicking and screaming to a win. Our FV304 and ELC were stupid enough to talk back to me - the FV304 said I'd waste my tank going to B8. The ELC wanted me to stop typing. gently caress them all.

I thought I hit pubbie gold, but it petered out at the end there. He may have noticed he was slightly outclassed and ran away with his tail between his legs. Notice how he tried to claim it was the Type 64 that tried to tell me to stop typing?

Yeah gently caress pubbies I'll do it all myself. Though the E-25 did thank me for the win so at least somebody is thankful for me forcing them to win.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

CitizenKain posted:

Using an SU-85b for the TD missions is just outright cheating, and its amazing.

Just a reminder...this is true, but come 8.6, TD view range is getting nerfed more heavily than other tanks, so try to get the TD missions done before then.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just a reminder...this is true, but come 8.6, TD view range is getting nerfed more heavily than other tanks, so try to get the TD missions done before then.

The T30's view range isn't getting nerfed :getin:

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Start broadcasting that the first five players have already 'won,' and at this point they're just gunning to be ten random entries in a larger pool, and the list of tanks available to said winners will not be the same list that the "Top 5" are getting. Sure, this won't stop them from playing like loving imbeciles (or saying that you're lying because I'd fathom only about 1% of the community actually ever reads anything on the forums that doesn't pertain to free gold), but the message needs to be boosted that the 'free Type 59/ubertank of your choice' boat has sailed.

Oh, and the winners? From first to fifth: 58.82%, 61.33%, 56.75%, 56.42%, 56.68%. Not a tomato amongst them.

Update 1/16/2015:

1st Place: ChuckN0rris

2nd-5th Place: CanadianGuitar, T3hIce, Johnson753, Zequill

I honestly hope the Type 59G is on that list simply because it would make the entire game go insane.

That is ridiculously fast, holy poo poo. I was expecting a couple weeks or something.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yep, abusing this while I can. Even with that view range hit, its still the meanest TD at tier, that gun is simply savage.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Looking over some old links, and I discover who these shitlers I've seen in game really are:

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/1000007672/

You should infiltrate them hellsau, making them implode would be an improvement. Just look at this fine example of an executive officer:
http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1000724601-mickey624/

This person was shared several years ago at being one of the worst players on the NA server. Since then, it seems others have taken the crown at being the worst.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Even though it will take a couple of weeks for the pubbies to catch on, I like the attitude now of "I'll just play tanks normally and if I do the mission that's great". Seems to be a lot more fun than grinding against stupidity for the chance for the stars to align. Especially when all the things you need to help that happen are rampant morons with their own agendas now.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

AlmightyPants posted:

Even though it will take a couple of weeks for the pubbies to catch on, I like the attitude now of "I'll just play tanks normally and if I do the mission that's great". Seems to be a lot more fun than grinding against stupidity for the chance for the stars to align. Especially when all the things you need to help that happen are rampant morons with their own agendas now.

I don't think they 'get' that these are the *easy* missions.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Must be a photoshop, I refuse to believe that the Bulldog even has a mastery badge to get :colbert:

On a side note the personal missions are just a way to get more silver for the Bulldog.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

They just need to turn off the ability to achieve missions on west, because the hopeless fucks in Minsk have found a new way to let the hopeless fucks on the US west coast take West into uncharted territory, well beyond the level of worst tanks server on the planet it was already at.

loving E-50 using the needle gun because it shoots faster so he can damage more targets, while sitting on the back map edge, gently caress off and stick your head in an oven.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

CitizenKain posted:

Yep, abusing this while I can. Even with that view range hit, its still the meanest TD at tier, that gun is simply savage.

But...but..my marder 38t is amazing. I burned through like 7 TD missions today (after the sun, moon and several previously undiscovered constellations aligned) with it.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Welp t54 proto aint going to have pref mm(assumed from ever body's favorite idiot blog). Makeway for the panther 88 fiasco.

E: words :hurr:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
why fiasco?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is the Patton in fact the best tier 9, superior to the T-54? Thoughts?

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Zanziabar posted:

But...but..my marder 38t is amazing. I burned through like 7 TD missions today (after the sun, moon and several previously undiscovered constellations aligned) with it.

T40 4 lyfe

brosef
Jan 19, 2009

PirateBob posted:

Is the Patton in fact the best tier 9, superior to the T-54? Thoughts?

The E-50 is the best tier 9, actually!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
A tip for people doing the TD missions, TD-12 says you have to do damage to an enemy tank before they damage your team. This is actually completely wrong. The real mission is do 1k damage and kill a heavy. Don't ask me how this got hosed up, but it did. Also, TD-13 says you both have to do most damage on team, and twice as much as the number 2 guy on team. You'd think that stating you have to do twice as much damage as the next guy would be enough right? Well apparently that part isn't supposed to be there at all. Had a 1700dmg loss in my Hellcat, dude in 2nd had 1200, mission completed!

Some of them have bad wording, some are straight up wrong.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Refried Noodle posted:

That is ridiculously fast, holy poo poo. I was expecting a couple weeks or something.

Eh, I'm actually surprised some poopsockers didn't manage to get it on the first day, l33tc4k3, Margaret_Thatcher_Futa (previously known as Chumbly) and I are already at like at least mission 12 for most branches, without particularly trying too hard (because we suck and we bring l33tc4k3 down, according to him).

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

They had the panther at 50 something $, wg realised no one bought the thing and brought the price down to 35$. If you wanted the money back you had to contact wg support Otherwise you got the gold difference. You had 3 days to do it.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

WitchFetish posted:

(because we suck and we bring l33tc4k3 down, according to him).

Agreed. :^)

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Valle posted:

Wargaming hosed up? No, surely not!

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Its not like you needed that kill tho, leetcake... or the second one

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Valle posted:

A tip for people doing the TD missions, TD-12 says you have to do damage to an enemy tank before they damage your team. This is actually completely wrong. The real mission is do 1k damage and kill a heavy. Don't ask me how this got hosed up, but it did. Also, TD-13 says you both have to do most damage on team, and twice as much as the number 2 guy on team. You'd think that stating you have to do twice as much damage as the next guy would be enough right? Well apparently that part isn't supposed to be there at all. Had a 1700dmg loss in my Hellcat, dude in 2nd had 1200, mission completed!

Have you done the SPG "Damage an enemy that remains unspotted by your team" mission?

So far counter battery on enemy SPGs doesn't seem to work, and the few unlucky sods I was able to blind fire in camping areas didn't count either. Maybe cause they were tier 3's.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 17, 2015

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
i like the spg-7 mission, says you need to kill an arty, but you have to kill a TD to finish mission :)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Descar posted:

i like the spg-7 mission, says you need to kill an arty, but you have to kill a TD to finish mission :)

You'd think that the translators would know the difference between an SPG and an AT-SPG by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

OSad posted:

You never appreciate how hard it is to set someone on fire, until you get a mission to do it.

I've been trying all day and I just got a game where I finished off where I thought a T29's fuel tanks were. Didn't think anything of it, but when I check the after battle report, I *did* destroy his fuel tanks.

But it was the last shot he had the HP for, and so the fire didn't get a chance to tick, so the mission didn't goddamn count. gently caress.

Just shoot 100% gold; premium shells purchased with actual gold have a greater chance to cause fires, and if you buy them using your Obamacare welfare checks they get a 100% chance to cause fires! :eng101: Also make sure to inform pubbies about this! :getin: