Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
So I guess the new PS2 balancing plan is "Get Higby drunk and do as he says"

He's also threatening promising to make it so MBT's need 3 C4 to destroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

rip "infantryside"

Also:

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/556207163421372416

Lancer suspiciously absent but I expect it to be within the 250m effective render distance

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fans posted:

Nows a good time to let higby read all my posts. I think the disaster of H1Z1 is causing shake ups which is why PS2 is going into overdrive. Maybe with the disaster of PS2 on PS4 we will actually see full time development!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fans posted:

Not sure I like that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

rip "infantryside"

Also:

Lancer suspiciously absent but I expect it to be within the 250m effective render distance

If this happens then the Lancer needs to do at least double it's current damage.

Fans posted:

So LA's are getting a suit slot to carry more C4 then right?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Vehicleside is upon us. Time to dust off my Liberator. And learn to fly a Liberator.

JuancitoEfectivo
Sep 3, 2011
buff the HP of vehicles but remove their AI main weapons. the gunner can have an AI gun if he likes. ppl camping bases with vehicles should be autobanned.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Make sunderers invincible but each spawn taxes the driver's nanites.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sitchelin posted:

Make sunderers invincible but each spawn taxes the driver's nanites.

Finally a reason for premium

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm conflicted about the c4, but the health changes sound awesome

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

sitchelin posted:

Vehicleside is upon us. Time to dust off my Liberator. And learn to fly a Liberator.

Finally that real money I spent on a Zepher and a Dalton and a Tankbuster will pay off!

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I hope they at least try the C4 changes on live. Quite the uproar over that one.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

rip "infantryside"

Also:

I wonder if they will touch the lancer and if they do whether they buff it or just nerf it to poo poo and throw it to the side like ZOE. They would have to increase its damage which would cause all sorts of problems because if they dont its a rocket launcher that you have to charge but if they increased its damage or DPS you now have a super fast projectile that will 1 shot ESF's or chew through armor.

I'm all for leaving the magrider as the worst AV tank and letting VS forever keep the lancer haha. VS carries a MBT in their pocket, it needs 2 people to work.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Arghy posted:

I wonder if they will touch the lancer and if they do whether they buff it or just nerf it to poo poo and throw it to the side like ZOE.

They're going to bring it to be on par with the recently buffed Striker! Don't worry it's going to be great!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fans posted:

They're going to bring it to be on par with the recently buffed Striker! Don't worry it's going to be great!

So the Phoenix is going to be reduced to 200m and do like 1/2 it's current damage right?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

So, no more C4 Faerie for Light Assault?

Well I guess they can just be used to flank unaware enemies... wait sensor dongs and AI turrets anywhere.

Well, I guess they can still hurt sunderers... wait Deployment Shield.

They might as well remove Light Assault at this rate.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fans posted:

Striker is actually amazing vs air if they did something cool and unique with the lancer i'd take it. Like i said before higby make the lancer the same as the lasher but make it do AV damage. Charge up the lancer to do a rocket launchers worth of damage with AV splash or change fire modes and use it as a reg lasher with AV damage.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Arghy posted:

Striker is actually amazing vs air

Arghy posted:

if they did something cool and unique with the lancer i'd take it.

Arghy posted:

higby make the lancer the same as the lasher but make it do AV damage.

:psyduck: When the robots rise to overthrow us we should just send Arghy to talk with them and they'll all self-destruct trying to understand him.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Striker is so good against air that doesn't move.

Then again so is a decimator, so I'm not really sure what the benefit is.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Oh boy 6 basilisk shots per 5 second reload don't spoil me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dallan Invictus posted:

:psyduck: When the robots rise to overthrow us we should just send Arghy to talk with them and they'll all self-destruct trying to understand him.
We could just mail transcript of your post history.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fans posted:

The Striker is so good against air that doesn't move.

Then again so is a decimator, so I'm not really sure what the benefit is.

Your not using it right, you cant do poo poo about the striker when your in the air so you just spam shots at ESF's and watch as they drift right into your line and get loving owned owned owned owned. Its ground coyotes--you aren't supposed to use it against other targets but you can. You can loving destroy all air with 3-4 of them and some coordination.

New AV lasher(formally known as the lancer) animation, when you charge up 3 glowing rocks lift from your gun that then arc energy into a giant glowing orb in front of you that you release for decimator damage when it hits.

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007
Imagine three glowing rocks on the edge of a cliff- time works the same way.

The Zyborne Arghy

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

I love how NC teammates see you shooting and just think "I'd like to shove the back of my head into that".

Also getting my first hate tells playing as heavy. Why did I wait until BR 90.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Xae posted:

So, no more C4 Faerie for Light Assault?

Well I guess they can just be used to flank unaware enemies... wait sensor dongs and AI turrets anywhere.

Well, I guess they can still hurt sunderers... wait Deployment Shield.

They might as well remove Light Assault at this rate.

Think of the poor Prowler driver! If only there were some weapon he could use to defend himself against us overpowered infantry...

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Man its becoming exceedingly obvious they have no idea how to balance this game. 3 C4 to blow up a tank? Are they serious

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Man, these vehicle changes are so out of left field.

While I appreciate the fact that we won't be instantly dying to invisible tank mines as often, or instantly dying to drifter LAs dropping C4 from 50m above, I'm uh, I'm not sure this is balanced. Dying to c4 in a vehicle these days is an anomaly for me anyway, though I wouldn't mind if 2 c4 set MBTs on fire instead of outright blapping them.

Meh, let's all get drunk and balance videogames by throwing darts at newspapers.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

o muerte posted:

Dying to c4 in a vehicle these days is an anomaly for me anyway, though I wouldn't mind if 2 c4 set MBTs on fire instead of outright blapping them.

Nah, it's about the only reliable way to actually kill people while they're still in the vehicle. Just set them on fire and you can kiss that goodbye.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

fknlo posted:

Nah, it's about the only reliable way to actually kill people while they're still in the vehicle. Just set them on fire and you can kiss that goodbye.

Oh, I didn't say I thought that was actually balanced - I'd just pad my vehicle weapon K/D harder with it. About the only times I die in a tank right now anyway are invisible tank mines (RENDERING gently caress YEAH) or super laggy spike damage.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Fans posted:

Still very active and despite the nigh constant bitching the fights are still huge and fun too.

There's a bit of a learning curve because the tutorial isn't great, but nothing too deep. Roll with goons, shoot things, receive certs wear ugly camos

The one time I played it felt like a BF:2142/BF3 or BF4 mix with the campaign map style of say, WW2OL. Actually getting into an engagement somewhere is what sort of confused me.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dvsilverwing posted:

The one time I played it felt like a BF:2142/BF3 or BF4 mix with the campaign map style of say, WW2OL. Actually getting into an engagement somewhere is what sort of confused me.

It kind of reminds me of 2142. Not just the hover tanks either. I think I remember you being pretty good at BF games, I imagine you'd do more than fine in this too. Just join up with goons and shoot planet mans.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fans posted:

What do you like to drink Higby, I will buy a factory that produces it and hook an IV into you.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
I don't really care to join in all this balance discussion but I think magriders should be able to do a little hop when you hit jump. All the other movement keys are basically the same as infantry, why not make it complete?

edit: also crouching

rarbatrol fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 17, 2015

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

rarbatrol posted:

I don't really care to join in all this balance discussion but I think magriders should be able to do a little hop when you hit jump. All the other movement keys are basically the same as infantry, why not make it complete?

edit: also crouching

I agree with this post and also hope one day Prowlers will be swag as gently caress, with control options that work the hydraulics while anchored. So I might bump it to phat beats while whoring kills and not listening to platoon or proxy voice chat.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Holy poo poo, connery players either don't know or just don't shoot through vehicle shields :psyduck:

EDIT:

Seriously they just stand there and don't even react if shot

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 17, 2015

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Fans posted:

This is the best news I've heard for awhile. It's a BATTLE tank, some peasant on the ground should not be a threat to it. I will love this both as a tank driver and as a full-time Engineer that always has a AV turret ready to set up. Though just to poo poo on LAs I'll bring a Spitfire with me to swat them out of the air while I'm locked-down. I also type this as somebody that hasn't used C4 for any thing other then team-killing people in over four months...I repaired that base turret and you dare to jump in it *boom*

I'll never understand people that like the new Striker, thing used to clear the skies of ESFs faster then a lockdown Burster MAX and now you have to spray shots randomly into the air and hope one of your rockets decides to chase something.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

o muerte posted:

Man, these vehicle changes are so out of left field.

While I appreciate the fact that we won't be instantly dying to invisible tank mines as often, or instantly dying to drifter LAs dropping C4 from 50m above, I'm uh, I'm not sure this is balanced. Dying to c4 in a vehicle these days is an anomaly for me anyway, though I wouldn't mind if 2 c4 set MBTs on fire instead of outright blapping them.

Meh, let's all get drunk and balance videogames by throwing darts at newspapers.

My thoughts as a c4 fairy is that if you sit still long enough for me to drop both c4 and you still don't manage to kill me while I'm waiting to push that button, you deserved to die. It takes quite a bit of effort to kill your dumb tank, effort that is easily undone by moving slightly.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

To be fair you really can't kill a tank with 2 C4 currently either, because the hit reg on C4 is awful and the server thinks your C4 that is stuck to the tank is somewhere else.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Westy543 posted:

To be fair you really can't kill a tank with 2 C4 currently either, because the hit reg on C4 is awful and the server thinks your C4 that is stuck to the tank is somewhere else.

That is the best part about the proposed C4 change.

Because of sync issues it doesn't work on moving vehicles. Meaning that :airquote: moving :airquote: is a hardcounter to C4 Faeries.

I'm all for giving tanks more HP. But they should still die to 2 C4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Xae posted:

That is the best part about the proposed C4 change.

Because of sync issues it doesn't work on moving vehicles. Meaning that :airquote: moving :airquote: is a hardcounter to C4 Faeries.

I'm all for giving tanks more HP. But they should still die to 2 C4.

Even tanks sitting still survive half the time. :soe:

• Locked thread