Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My first rabbit destroyed every single Playstation 1 and 2 controller I had. Rabbits are bad at video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Dogs like the taste of headphone cords for some reason. I have to keep any pair of headphones I got hid or my dumbass dog will devour them like the idiot she is.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

My cat sits on the crook of my arm when I am playing anything and it's like come on dude this is inconvenient for me :mad:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/174230/5_tips_for_making_video_games_your_cat_wants_to_play.php

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kewpuh posted:

ya but mine like to be up on the current tree to look down upon me as if i am a piece of poo poo when i'm on the computer

So basically like any other time a cat is looking at a human.

Excels posted:

my life is great because i live next door to a crazy cat lady so if i prop my door open i am surrounded by cats all the time.

also, video games are really good

Oh, so can get the experience of being a crazy cat lady! How thoughtful :)

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Cats loving own and if you disagree that's ok I guess you piece of poo poo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

my kitten once tried to eat my mouse cord while I was playing Mount and Blade

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

So, spurred on by Giant Bomb's recent re-quicklook, I have installed and played a few hours of Warframe. It seems like a pretty fun timewaster, if I can get past wanting all the stuff as fast as possible. Their F2P model doesn't seem bad.

I went from using a lot of the bow in Far Cry 4 to the bow in Warframe and it feels great. I love games with a good, useful bow.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Cats loving own and if you disagree that's ok I guess you piece of poo poo

I agree but you are very hostile :(

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

codenameFANGIO posted:

I agree but you are very hostile :(

with some truths a very hard line stance must be taken and aggressively established

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
chief among them: cats do not care about you and would just as soon eat your face as purr at you so you should never trust cats even if you like them

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

YOSPOS

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Coolguye posted:

chief among them: cats do not care about you and would just as soon eat your face as purr at you so you should never trust cats even if you like them

counterpoint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBW5dfRoG7Q

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that cat just knew the best way to get more food was to beat up some punk-rear end dog

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Coolguye posted:

that cat just knew the best way to get more food was to beat up some punk-rear end dog

I will agree that was a punk-rear end dog, but I don't think cat's are capable of that level of thought, or if they were, that would be the logical conclusion.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

you don't need a ton of brain power to recognize that people have a lot of food and are willing to give it to you

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Coolguye posted:

you don't need a ton of brain power to recognize that people have a lot of food and are willing to give it to you

Yeah, but the family was already giving the cat food, and I don't see how the cat thought this would lead to more food.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

*cuts to a 2 year after shot, cat is now 70 lbs*

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cats are in fact capable of forming personal attachments. hosed up, but true.

Orv
May 4, 2011

chumbler posted:

Cats are in fact capable of forming personal attachments. hosed up, but true.

As the local human chattel to three cats, this is only barely true. Tolerance, sure.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a thread for the Slitherine hex games, particularly Armageddon?

Orv
May 4, 2011
If anyone has dug into it particularly deep it'll be the Grog Games thread.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
When I was about 7 there was this dude that used to horde cats on my street. He ended up dying of a heart attack and his cats ate him.

I'm pretty sure if I died my dog would eventually eat me but it would be very much an act of pure survival rather than just being an rear end in a top hat like cats are.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Is there a cat petting simulator

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ZenVulgarity posted:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

There is.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Ddraig posted:

When I was about 7 there was this dude that used to horde cats on my street. He ended up dying of a heart attack and his cats ate him.

I'm pretty sure if I died my dog would eventually eat me but it would be very much an act of pure survival rather than just being an rear end in a top hat like cats are.

That owns and is 100% what that guy would want.

And no your dog won't because dogs are loving stupid and would refuse to accept you died

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What about people who dress up like cats

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

What about people who dress up like cats

:yikes:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Orv posted:

As the local human chattel to three cats, this is only barely true. Tolerance, sure.

It depends on the cat, I have 3 cats and they're all pretty much as affectionate as any dog I've ever owned. One of them sits outside the door of any closed room I'm in and waits for me like a dog would.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
What are good dog games, like CoD: Ghost but you play as the dog would be perfect

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ahundredbux posted:

What are good dog games, like CoD: Ghost but you play as the dog would be perfect
Goat Simulator

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Ahundredbux posted:

Dog's life for the ps2

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Dog's life for the ps2

this game is pretty awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW2gKAQL7-w

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lol @ linking to game grumps

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

game grumps was good until jon left. although it was already getting bad by then. at some point arin got a lobotomy and stopped understanding basic game mechanics

but up to a certain point i really liked them

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

My favorite part of game grumps is when Shelton says "bazinga"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

My favorite part of game grumps is when Shelton says "bazinga"

well i don't like BBT but i do like unscripted chatter between two eccentric dudes.

Real hurthling! posted:

jontron is better on his own

i do not disagree.

Excels fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 17, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Excels posted:

game grumps was good until jon left. although it was already getting bad by then. at some point arin got a lobotomy and stopped understanding basic game mechanics

but up to a certain point i really liked them

jontron is better on his own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
I was playing something on the wii once with a dog on my lap and it chewed through the nunchuck cable whilst I was playing.

• Locked thread