Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I forgot as it's been awhile but shouldn't Mallow have the Cymbals before Kero Sewers? I remember him only punching for Croco and Mack but thought he had something by the time that dungeon was around.

Nah the first weapon he gets is the Stick from Grandpa but to get that you have to take the frog coin back to the shop in Mushroom Kingdom Town and then bring the item you get all the way to the tadpole pond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

Why does Pat have a hatred of goons? He'd fit right in here! This site loves people who bitch about everything except for the few things that they're incredibly passionate about. :haw:

He mentioned disliking Lowtax in one podcast but I think that was it

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think it was in reference to his boxing match.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think I remember that, they were talking about Uwe Boll and then one of the guys brought up Lowtax and Pat was just like yeah I hate that guy and that was the end of it. But Pat hates everybody so maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Oh I remember him saying more than that. I think maybe there was a reader question asking something to the effect of what website you'd like to wipe off the internet and Pat said Something Awful?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, to be fair though...

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

Oh I remember him saying more than that. I think maybe there was a reader question asking something to the effect of what website you'd like to wipe off the internet and Pat said Something Awful?

Nope, just listened to that one today actually haha. It was 28, he said he'd wipe off 4chan to make all those shitheads have to go to other places like reddit and somethingawful

E: to clarify he said he liked 4chan lol, but just wanted to see all those people having to go to other forums and ruin them.

goldblums eyes fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 17, 2015

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Man, all the talk about Pat and Liam doing more RPGs and listing off all of them and god I really want them to LP Fallout: New Vegas.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
More SNES RPGs. Secret of Mana. Lufia 2. Final Fantasy 6(haha this would never happen because they'd die before finishing the loving thing)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ApeHawk posted:

Man, all the talk about Pat and Liam doing more RPGs and listing off all of them and god I really want them to LP Fallout: New Vegas.

That would be pretty goddamn rough IMO

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

That is a Good idea, i Agree.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

GUTTER TRASH

edit: The peacock costume is perfect for Poison because only male peafowl have the colorful plumage, peahens are mostly brown and boring :ssh:

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 17, 2015

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

More SNES RPGs. Secret of Mana. Lufia 2. Final Fantasy 6(haha this would never happen because they'd die before finishing the loving thing)

Secret of Evermore. Earthbounds. Live A Live. Any sort of these would be great, within a reasonable finishing time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Has anyone in the crew not played earthbound yet, matt?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Has anyone in the crew not played earthbound yet, matt?

This makes me think, I'm semi-new to this, but has there ever been a Zaibatsu LP? Not just a one off? Because it'd be really cool to see them all play A Cool Game together.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The group should totally play though Mother 3 :colbert:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm still waiting on them finishing the Let's Watch MGS4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

goldblums eyes posted:

This makes me think, I'm semi-new to this, but has there ever been a Zaibatsu LP? Not just a one off? Because it'd be really cool to see them all play A Cool Game together.

A cool game like earthbound? Because earthbound is a cool game.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

A cool game like earthbound? Because earthbound is a cool game.

Exactly.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Pat having a chip on his shoulder about SomethingAwful is ironic since from all I have read in Games since being registered here, he seems like the one that would fit in the most of the Super Best Friends. He seemed to get along fine with Slowbeef in one of his previous podcasts. Does Pat know Slowbeef is a member here and has a heavy presence in the Let's Play subforum?

Matt and Pat both posting here would be awesome, but on the other hand, Matt has the free space here to vent about Pat here.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Charles Martel posted:

Pat having a chip on his shoulder about SomethingAwful is ironic since from all I have read in Games since being registered here, he seems like the one that would fit in the most of the Super Best Friends. He seemed to get along fine with Slowbeef in one of his previous podcasts. Does Pat know Slowbeef is a member here and has a heavy presence in the Let's Play subforum?

Matt and Pat both posting here would be awesome, but on the other hand, Matt has the free space here to vent about Pat here.

I'm pretty sure that was Woolie not Pat who chilled out with Slowbeef a couple of times.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

OneDeadman posted:

I'm pretty sure that was Woolie not Pat who chilled out with Slowbeef a couple of times.

Both Woolie and Pat were on episodes of the Retsucast

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This forum being full of people just like Pat is probably exactly why he hates us.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Misery loves company, man. Especially if that company is also miserable.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, the combination of The Father Of Let's Play and two of the people who push Let's Play to the max every day must have been killer!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If they play a Mother it should really just be 3, because that's the one you NEED to play.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tbh those episodes are the only reason I got into SBF and gave them a chance beyond just assuming they were just your standard idiot, yell-y YouTube LPers.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

Tbh those episodes are the only reason I got into SBF and gave them a chance beyond just assuming they were just your standard idiot, yell-y YouTube LPers.

Same here; in fact, because I didn't have a handle on face-to-name I originally assumed Woolie was the original Best Friend of all Best Friends. Or at least their producer.

Next-Jin Engine fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 17, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I found out about them via Machinima and was delighted to find out they did full let's plays. I believe the video that caused me to look at the TheSw1tcher channel was the one where they spontaneously erupted into I... STAND ALOOONEEEE... INSIIIIIDEEE, cannot remember which one specifically but there are probably multiple videos where that happens either way.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My first exposure was a friend of mines and I was watching Grandma's boy and I always wondered if that Predator game was real. My friend said go look up Best Friends let's play of Concrete Jungle.

And I was hooked. :allears:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wow, the combination of The Father Of Let's Play and two of the people who push Let's Play to the max every day must have been killer!

Actually, this one is with Pat alone with Diabetus and Slowbeef:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJVLnA5MBAM

...and this one is with Woolie and Slowbeef shooting the poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vBtIstuv80

I thought for some reason Woolie, Pat, and Slowbeef all did a video together, but I guess not. Whoops. I think it was the video with Pat that I found out about the DSP video where he "unboxes" Lightning Returns, but just spends 15 minutes bitching about his apartment or whatever and never even opens the case. That video was surreal.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

My first experience was actually Fighterpedia, because it was linked on a FGC webside, Shoryuken I think. When I saw they made Machinima videos, I by chanced started with the Dark Souls video, and once the Snake Eater theme came on, I knew I was home.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I...think my first video was the Watch MK9, and was really into a bunch of guys that were really into the MK lore like they wrote it. After that was the sadness trilogy.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rodyle posted:

If they play a Mother it should really just be 3, because that's the one you NEED to play.

Mother 3's also a lot more structured and LP-friendly, while EarthBound has way more wandering around and talking to random people.

Of course, that's part of why I love EB more because all the dialogue is weird and amazing but both are really great games.

I found the Best Friends from chip/ironicus making fun of them but I actually laughed at their dumb bullshit and I've been a fan ever since. I mostly loved whenever they put aside the bickering to focus on laughing at How Dumb And/Or Great This Bullshit Is, which is why I'm so glad the channel moved that way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait, how/why did C&I make fun of them? Seems like something out of sorts for Chip to do.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait, how/why did C&I make fun of them? Seems like something out of sorts for Chip to do.

You do know Chip and Ironicus have done the whole Retsupurae thing along side their LPs for basically ever now, right? Hell the last few LP's had themes for that, Terrible BlipTV shows and Awful Anime.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yinlock posted:

I found the Best Friends from chip/ironicus making fun of them but I actually laughed at their dumb bullshit and I've been a fan ever since.

When did that happen? I have not touched up on my Chip and Ironicus lore in a while.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm going to assume this was years before Chip became forums mod, and before Best Friends started doing full Let's Plays, back when Chip LP threads were at max capacity and LP tensions ran high.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You do know Chip and Ironicus have done the whole Retsupurae thing along side their LPs for basically ever now, right? Hell the last few LP's had themes for that, Terrible BlipTV shows and Awful Anime.

Hmmm, no, you don't need to do the "how could you not know!!" thing just because I don't know the full history of some let's players. I've watched C&I's MGR and W101 playthroughs and that's it, I have read like...3 threads in Let's Play, ever. Are retsupuraes when someone commentates over someone else's playthrough videos because I watched a few of the...slowbeef ones I think and found them intensely unfunny so I stopped watching them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

I thought for some reason Woolie, Pat, and Slowbeef all did a video together, but I guess not. Whoops.
Slowbeef and Woolie did a video of Alien Soldier together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZskKA6jL9I8