Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

On Olivia's website it says it is burnt out on STO and taking time off.

Maybe the CEO didnt respond to its letter.

Shaking angrily at a computer screen due to "trolls" must have been physically and emotionally draining for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tunicate posted:

They're removing No Win Scenario.

Oh, and some bosses are getting more HP.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

They're removing No Win Scenario.

Oh, and some bosses are getting more HP.

I wonder how much more content they'll strip out or otherwise gently caress up by years end :marc:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Watch it all get added back as premium content available only to gold members.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Acer Pilot posted:

Watch it all get added back as premium content available only to gold members.

Finally this lifetime account pays off (heavy sarcasm)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

events.jpg

This is what the bank of all my mains are pretty much like now. I've never actually gotten around to using most of 'em.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 16, 2015

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

MikeJF posted:

events.jpg

This is what the bank of all my mains are pretty much like now. I've never actually gotten around to using most of 'em.

Wait for a dil event and convert them all into ore. Then you won't have to farm for the rest of the year or more.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
If you guys want to make alts to eat contraband so you can do contraband->dil on a meaningful scale, now is the time.

With the exp event on, you can get a new kdf toon up to lvl 11 in 15 mins or less.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

MikeJF posted:

events.jpg

ballin.jpg

Edit:

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 16, 2015

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Hey folks. Got bored and did some sperging today. I posted my results on the wiki. You should read this if you're thinking about chasing quality upgrades.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

Hey folks. Got bored and did some sperging today. I posted my results on the wiki. You should read this if you're thinking about chasing quality upgrades.

That's some major league sperg.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Pretty much what I'd expect for Cryptic maths though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Granted things are a bit less "haha oh you wacky cryptic" when the systems that are wonky and counter intuitive are also the ones that are intended to be massive real-money cash sinks. The whole system is designed to be as obtuse as possible and obfuscate the costs as much as possible to people underestimate the buy-in required and get burned by sunk cost fallacy impulse buys. And it didn't need be.

Basically, gently caress PWE. :geno:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So... at this point in time, which STFs should I actually bother doing with my okay-but-not-fully-XIV'd guy? BHE, ISA/CSA/KASA, Breach... A? What else?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Transdimensional whateveritscalled elite, the Nukara boss fight queue, takes like three minutes tops and is pretty piss easy. Slightly higher chance of failure than BHE since the add waves can spiral out of control quick if the teammates don't prioritize the portals, but it's so quick and simple it doesn't matter. Of course the boss in it is getting a HP buff next patch... :geno:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Just x up whenever we're doing STFs in the channel. We usually power through them without much effort.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Asimo posted:

Transdimensional whateveritscalled elite, the Nukara boss fight queue, takes like three minutes tops and is pretty piss easy. Slightly higher chance of failure than BHE since the add waves can spiral out of control quick if the teammates don't prioritize the portals, but it's so quick and simple it doesn't matter. Of course the boss in it is getting a HP buff next patch... :geno:

hp buff is equal to the amount of xp you need to get from 50 to 60

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

BombermanX posted:

hp buff is equal to the amount of xp you need to get from 50 to 60
Speaking of that, someone on the STO forums with way more patience than I'll ever have decided to find out how long it takes to level by playing the actual content instead of grinding argala over and over again. The number are depressing to say the least. 36 hours to get from level 10 to 50. 76 more hours to get to level 59.

Edit: It takes me about 2 hours to get a spec point by very casually grinding Gerren while watching TV on another screen. I could probably cut that time in half if I was actually grinding, and not letting AHK do the work while glancing over every few minutes to see if I needed to chase down a straggler. Which would mean that it takes 76+ hours to get from 50-60 by playing actual story content, or around 10 hours if all you do is needlessly grind a single patrol mission over and over.

I don't get it. With most of the horrible changes lately I can see how it prioritizes spending money over anything else. But I can't see how making DR patrols the most effective way to level (by almost an order of magnitude) encourages people to spend money. It's just dumb.

g0del fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 16, 2015

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Yo goons, do the -speed & turn effects from [Snare] stack?

I can't find a yes or no answer through google and I have a boarding party build I want to try out that kind of hinges on if I can slow the other guy to a crawl or not.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah honestly just adding in like 10k-20k xp to the queue rewards would help immensely in terms of both making leveling not a terrible grind and getting people back into the queues.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah honestly just adding in like 10k-20k xp to the queue rewards would help immensely in terms of both making leveling not a terrible grind and getting people back into the queues.

Yeah this is the most baffling thing. Why haven't they done this? Just make queues actually give decent xp and people will actually play them and this game won't feel like a ghost town.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Because for reasons that are unfathomable PWE wishes to impose an arbitrary time sink on content.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Ok, so I wanted to do some space pew pew but I hear the game is ruined? Can someone give me a short rundown? There doesn't seem to be one in the op.

Names for TNG:
Sol'eh@Serah
Serah@Serah

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Season 10 is so bad we had to close it's thread and come back to the Season 9 thread.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

Because for reasons that are unfathomable PWE wishes to impose an arbitrary time sink on content.
But that's what's so confusing. It's almost 10 times faster to level by mindlessly grinding patrols in the delta quadrant. Cryptic has to know about this, since people grinding patrols is why we all got called exploiters and had levels taken away. If they didn't want people levelling fast, they'd nerf DR patrols like they did in Japori. But they didn't - in fact they increased their completion XP when they 're-balanced' XP rewards recently.

The only theory I can come up with is that someone is trying to tweak the metrics to show that DR is really popular, as you can obviously see because everyone spends all their time in the delta quadrant, not playing old busted STFs like they used to.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

g0del posted:

The only theory I can come up with is that someone is trying to tweak the metrics to show that DR is really popular, as you can obviously see because everyone spends all their time in the delta quadrant, not playing old busted STFs like they used to.

There's that old saying about not attributing to malice what can be explained by stupidity.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm sorry I missed the Wesley Christmas; poo me for not checking the thread. Between a new puppy, work, and playing tanks, I forgot about the cashgrab grindfest best expansion ever.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I've been getting spammed with PWE password recovery mails the past few days. Whichever one of you *points to pubbies lurking SA* are trying to "hack" into my super wealthy account, no doubt trying to get at my bank full of bugships....you are failing. Now I'm going to delete everything in my bank just for fun.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
What makes you think it's them over a proper gold seller?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

someone trying to break into my account is actually what made me start playing this terrible game again. well, there's my story

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Xean's trying to expand his fleet again. Highlights include begging fleets with PvPers and T5 starbases to ally with him and yelling at his own fleet for not having a completed starbase.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Kylra posted:

Ok, so I wanted to do some space pew pew but I hear the game is ruined? Can someone give me a short rundown? There doesn't seem to be one in the op.

Names for TNG:
Sol'eh@Serah
Serah@Serah

You're in.

Digital Fingers posted:

Yo goons, do the -speed & turn effects from [Snare] stack?

I can't find a yes or no answer through google and I have a boarding party build I want to try out that kind of hinges on if I can slow the other guy to a crawl or not.

Last I checked [snare] was bugged and added the slow to you, not your target. :downs:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

Unguided posted:

Xean's trying to expand his fleet again. Highlights include begging fleets with PvPers and T5 starbases to ally with him and yelling at his own fleet for not having a completed starbase.

Lol. So his fleet, which he named after himself, totally does not want to be renamed.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Korgan posted:

Last I checked [snare] was bugged and added the slow to you, not your target. :downs:

It's bugged, yeah. It applies to both you and your target. Near as I can tell, it won't stack on the target when used, but it will stack on you when you shoot multiple ships, such as, say, in the middle of mirror with a FAW boat. So yeah, snare is pointless, avoid it.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

I can't believe those chucklefucks don't even have their embassy finished. Making donating while Dental a kickable offense probably isn't helping them though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dental Charity Hologram is still at the top of the Embassy leaderboard.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Acer Pilot posted:

Lol. So his fleet, which he named after himself, totally does not want to be renamed.

I think they're afraid to ask, afraid they will get kicked.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Mysteriously, my main has now been badnamed without explanation, and I can't change it back to its original name. I'm not sure what's offensive about "Adamus Faber," but I've submitted a ticket to find out!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You broke the rule of playing the game as a goon while a GM was watching. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

eh, give them a break. they're going to be losing their jobs soon enough.

• Locked thread