Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why is the character animation such rear end? Even in their trailer on Steam it just looks loving awful. If I was a game developer that would be the first thing I made sure was on point - it makes the game look amateurish and clunky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bardeh posted:

Why is the character animation such rear end? Even in their trailer on Steam it just looks loving awful. If I was a game developer that would be the first thing I made sure was on point - it makes the game look amateurish and clunky.

This is what has puzzled me more than anything. SOE has, our had, some really great mocap technology 10 years ago. What happened to it?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tide posted:

This is what has puzzled me more than anything. SOE has, our had, some really great mocap technology 10 years ago. What happened to it?

I'd love to find out how many people are actually on this project full time.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Republicans posted:

I'd love to find out how many people are actually on this project full time.

Not very many, I don't think. I want to say probably less than 15, at least a few of which are pure "level designers" and "balancers."

pioneermax
May 25, 2003
Remember, you are not a salmon
Its better than Dayz was when they let people in, the crafting system is fun, the melee combat is fairly responsive.

There are some aspects that are so entirely ahead of dayz its laughable I mean working vehicles off the bat and a proper crafting system, while there are some clear issues with loot/size of the map and stuff I can instantly see more potential with this than Dayz. They are both so similar though that the replay value will be vastly diminished because there isn't much here that you wont have done in Dayz (kill on sight stuff) or Rust (crafting stuff).

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Not very many, I don't think. I want to say probably less than 15, at least a few of which are pure "level designers" and "balancers."

If it was more than that I'd be shocked.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Eonwe posted:

walked up to a sign with a map on it

some girl with a super annoying voice told me not to be "that guy and kill me because im a girl"

i told her that using the gender card triggered me and to check her cis privilege and then shot her in the head with an arrow

10/10

The only girl I've found in-game protected me against a bandit and killed a bear with arrows. She was pretty badass imo.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Akumos posted:

The only girl I've found in-game protected me against a bandit and killed a bear with arrows. She was pretty badass imo.

Did you wife her?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have no intentions of ever playing a lovely zombie/monster survival game. But I have every intention of following this thread as well as the Day Z thread. Please make sure to share as much of this bullshit as you can. That's why I'm here. Thank you.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I have no intentions of ever playing a lovely zombie/monster survival game. But I have every intention of following this thread as well as the Day Z thread. Please make sure to share as much of this bullshit as you can. That's why I'm here. Thank you.

See, that's the fun kind of broken I like to see in video games.

Anyway, finally got to play for a substantial amount of time. Shooting zombies (and people) in the head with arrows is probably the most satisfying gameplay mechanic I've experienced in this game, DayZ or WarZ. Two dudes with pistols attacked me at that cabin lodge near the big lake and I managed to kill one and wound the other before I died. I just logged out inside what appears to be a nuclear waste storage facility and thankfully radiation isn't in the game yet. Tomorrow I plan on spreading the gospel of bows to every non-hostile I encounter.

Hopefully the patch supposedly going up in about half an hour will fix that annoying stutter when you press the interact button.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
downloaded this game, logged in and wandered around for a bit, found some goons in a town and was immediately run over by opti.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
double post

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

They should just remake Infantry Zone

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
We've got quite the goon swarm/goon camp going. A lot of solid progress for one evening.

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

This was pretty fun I killed around 10 people tonight. A few were allegedly goons?

Orv
May 4, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

We've got quite the goon swarm/goon camp going. A lot of solid progress for one evening.

Did you abandon the previous shitshacks near Taquito Burrito?

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
Hey guys if you bought this and want your money back you can just go to your steam account details (via the little arrow next to your steam name at the top right of the steam website) then go to store transactions and there's a refund button now. If you spent any steam wallet money you get it all back as steam wallet money though.

I watched a live stream earlier where they called in a crate and inside was about 50 zombies, and an assault rifle with 90 rounds, and then watched the live streamer herd away the zombies, and come back to the crate to find some Russian guy running away with the gun, laughing.

DiabloStarCraft fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 17, 2015

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/eFtZFVv.jpg

Here is a better map that I saw posted elsewhere.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
So there are about 10'ish or more goons setup on requiem, and it's a lot of fun running into town from :gooncamp: with empty packs and running home with pubbie loot. I have to start shadowplaying this crap and making clips for you guys. People say/do the funniest stuff when confronted by 4-8 well armed goons.

Get in mumble and roll with us, nerds.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Blazing Zero posted:

So there are about 10'ish or more goons setup on requiem, and it's a lot of fun running into town from :gooncamp: with empty packs and running home with pubbie loot. I have to start shadowplaying this crap and making clips for you guys. People say/do the funniest stuff when confronted by 4-8 well armed goons.

Get in mumble and roll with us, nerds.

I think at one point we had around 14 goons crawling around that trailer park. Good times.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DiabloStarCraft posted:

I watched a live stream earlier where they called in a crate and inside was about 50 zombies, and an assault rifle with 90 rounds, and then watched the live streamer herd away the zombies, and come back to the crate to find some Russian guy running away with the gun, laughing.

That's why I keep buying these stupid games. I wanna be that Russian guy so bad.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeSsdF6kZmQ

I haven't bought this game but that video almost makes me want to.

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014

Periphery posted:

On a side note after watching that video I'm going to start using heezy too rather than the awkward H-ONE-ZED-ONE.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Well it looks a lot better made than I:SS which sadly is an achievement for survival games.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 17, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't know where the gently caress they found all those guns, sure as poo poo not this game.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Orv posted:

I don't know where the gently caress they found all those guns, sure as poo poo not this game.

Servers are vastly different it seems, why did we decide on Requiem anyway? I imagine some other servers aren't as heavily looted as quickly.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

We found shitloads of guns when we raided the town earlier. So many that we were leaving them laying around because we just had no use for them. Ammo is scarce but not so scarce that we didn't shoot any pubbie we saw.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I must just always be in the wrong part of the map at the wrong time. :shrug:

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

There are 200 dudes sprinting around the map grabbing anything they can find. That's probably why loot seems so scarce sometimes.

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
I think we made pretty good progress tonight from hobo shitshack to metal goonfort.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
welp this game is hosed already

http://www.tmcheats.com/forums/f97/tm-h1z1-cheats-57019/

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder

Periphery posted:

Jesus Christ why does this game look so terrible?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Is the sky always gray and foggy in this thing? looks like the drawing distance is absolutely miserable.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
FYI: They changed some items and crafting last patch. Blackberry Water is 50 weight instead of 100 for one, and you can't just craft arrows/sticks etc without "a sharp tool" whatever that means. I have a fireaxe and that didn't count..

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Wrong thread.

- Still have a question. How's the goon group doing? I know we have a metal base now, but does anyone have any decent stories to make me want to buy this thing?

Kevlar Beard fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 17, 2015

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Akumos posted:

FYI: They changed some items and crafting last patch. Blackberry Water is 50 weight instead of 100 for one, and you can't just craft arrows/sticks etc without "a sharp tool" whatever that means. I have a fireaxe and that didn't count..

Probably a good change, being able to make a bow and 40 arrows within a minute of spawning was a little much. I did enjoy it while it lasted though.

Also DAT BERRYWATER. The Goonbase is in the middle of 6 berry fields, we have enough berries to keep 30 of us going if we really needed to.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Ninja fetus posted:

Jesus Christ why does this game look so terrible?

If it's anything like Planetside 2 it'll be so that it can actually run on peoples computers without causing them to burst into flames. This will have less people, explosions and random poo poo happening in the one area but the environments look much more detailed than PS2.

I'd be interested to see what the useroptions.ini for this looks like since in the early days of PS2 you could access display settings in that that weren't in the game menus.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
You guys are going to love me for this one. The most annoying thing about this game, by far, is having to manually type /loc constantly to find where you're at to meet up with people. Well, instead of whining about it, I've made a program that will automatically type /loc into chat for you! Well, it's actually just a AHK script I converted to .exe so you don't have to gently caress with it. You run it, and you use your side mouse buttons(you have them in 2015, right?) to active it. Depending on the mouse it could be either of the big ones, but probably the lower one. By activate it, I mean you push the mouse button to get your location, it's not just going to keep spamming it. If you want a customized keybind for it, let me know what key you need and I'll make you one.. maybe. It's not bannable, it's just sending key strokes.

https://mega.co.nz/#!6EojBaaZ!AMhquMKkrlcIoTWFgpwWClRnY38-tvlLgA-j4Pe3usY

This stupid utility is going to save me a lot of headache in this game, and will probably save you from being sniped or smacked by a zombie/wild animal at some point while typing like a retard. You don't want to be a big retard we make fun of for dying while typing, right?

Akumos fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 17, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
Or, and I know this is radical, learn things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Orv posted:

Or, and I know this is radical, learn things.

Yeah, let me just learn the 100 similar forest/mountain areas my 2nd day playing. We all use /loc, no reason not to make it easier. We had to keep spamming it to find our way back to base earlier. You're not forced to use it, but lol if people don't see the value in having a keybind for it. The most annoying thing is constantly changing which way you are facing to make sure you're heading in the right direction, it's MUCH easier to figure out when you can just spam it on a keybind and see the numbers ticking quickly.

• Locked thread