Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

drinkfist is indeed lazy for not fulling explaining he said it was a good idea and both people have two weapons as per his advice

he just is really lazy with words

Yeah I grabbed Assault Rifle's to support Hammer after he told me to. Now I'm being told that this was wrong and I was suppose to go mainly into Assault Rifles and not mainly into hammers. Just a shame I was told this well after reaching Blue Mountain.

We were also informed this game has no levels, but that's also been pretty wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Will fists/blade survive blue mountain?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it will be as long as you remember to just to check your inventory after picking up every quest so that if you run into a monster you can't damage you could probably use the item in your inventory the quest doesn't mention to use

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 16, 2015

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

drinkfist is indeed lazy for not fulling explaining he said it was a good idea and both people have two weapons as per his advice

he just is really lazy with words

I am going to go to sleep dreaming of drowning you in a toilet that I haven't flushed for weeks.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I am going to go to sleep dreaming of drowning you in a toilet that I haven't flushed for weeks.

Sweet dreams Drinkfist-sempai <3 <3 <3

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I need some of my old TSW goons back because Grithok and Boat are driving me loving nuts with this loving complaining.

They hit the Transition from Savage coast to Blue Mountain and are pissed at the game because a pure Blood Magic with no secondary weapons build isn't "Killing things fast enough" and Hammers don't play well with anything.

I suggested Assault Rifles to hammers and Elemental to Blood and these fucks said the game is poo poo and I am poo poo.

Listen here motherfuckers. If you use a walk though to clear the investigations and then tell me they are too easy then you can gently caress right off. If you don't want to put on a second weapon you can eat my dick.

The Secret World is a loving great game you shitlords. Someone get in this mumble to help me argue.

You gently caress now I'm downloading this and playing it too.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Hopped on last night to spend some fun points etc, killed a single pull in Tokyo and just felt like crap. What builds make Tokyo not a colossal chore with this Aegis crap? Currently AR/Blood.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'll be honest. I almost downloaded this just to make fun of boat. Then I realized all I need is mumble.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Killsion posted:

Hopped on last night to spend some fun points etc, killed a single pull in Tokyo and just felt like crap. What builds make Tokyo not a colossal chore with this Aegis crap? Currently AR/Blood.
Leeching is really poor against AEGIS enemies because you do very low damage in comparison to normal health bars so the leech heal is like 1/10 of what you're used to. I've found the 'press 1 a lot' sword-based focus attack build Hugh posted further back in the thread works pretty well I've found if you pair it with blood as your secondary so you can use bloodline for ranged pulling/attacks and that ridiculous blood heal thing if you gently caress up pulls in Tokyo (you will gently caress up pulls in Tokyo).

I greatly dislike the AEGIS mechanics and only got halfway through Issue 9 before deciding I wasn't having fun at all and stopped. I still haven't patched or logged in since Issue 10 dropped :(.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 16, 2015

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
There is no solo mode for dungeons, right?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Solo mode is called being in QL10 gear and maybe managing the first 3 dungeons, then getting owned in normal Ankh? I don't know how far you'd get TBH. But no there's no specific solo mode. That game could really use an auto-matchmaking tool though.

Also Drinkfist sucks, don't listen to him. Hammertime is fine.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Well, you can do the non-nightmare ones solo if you're in endgame gear and know what you're doing...

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I can only clear up to darkness war solo. Then I need some roles to be filled for the remaining dungeons but I can manage if I can go solid DPS.

I have been managing just fined in Tokyo with my Pistol Shotgun builds and Pistol Rifle builds. Just make sure you got two builders going in a spec so you can use secondary weapon Aigis attacks on poo poo. My critical poo poo is holding up fine with the heal procs. All I really need is for a handful of you fucks to come back so I can clear some trendy group scenarios.

Oh yeah and putting your skill points into Efficiency in Aigis really makes a world of difference. When you start following the main story quest they start dropping the Aigis gear on you and it just gets easier until it isn't even a problem at all. Most targets I am dealing with now I can knock out their shield in a single consumer or elite attack. The only ones that are dicey still are the named mobs that are drifting around Tokyo. Those guys do not gently caress around with the shielding. Probably should duo those guys.

As for Reggin(Grithok) and Boat(Fuckface).

I told them to grab whatever they liked at the start because Kingsmouth was a shoe in for easy and then they started this trend of actively resisting the game. They are literally trying their hardest to make builds that do not work and get gear that they don't loving need just to drive me up the loving wall. I swear to Christ I don't remember having to put effort into finding a loving toolkit or fighting in blue mountain with full hell dungeon gear.

What I do remember is that Blue Mountain is hard because of the QL jump and more punishing for not using sustaining builds. The loving Akab are rampant assholes and that some areas have some serious mob density. But you didn't see me break down into a full blown child just trying to get though there like these two fucks.

The answer is yes to anyone coming on mumble. They are doing this to piss me off. And yes it is working. Doesn't mean I am gonna stop yelling at them none the less. Even if it is pointless.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Even my very first terrible ele-something build was okay in BM, people need to harden up :smug:

Don't do scenarios, it's a trap.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

orcane posted:

Even my very first terrible ele-something build was okay in BM, people need to harden up :smug:

I sold my birds for 10 million each so now I can just buy the Augments. I told you fucks the Myan event bird would be big money down the road.

The only problem with the augments is that you loving need them and a pile of poo poo in order to spend you AP else you are wasting xp. I just want to keep some on hand to make sure I dont waste the AP because I don't have any of the Scenario items. Motherfuckers in Tokyo should drop the aug items too but they don't.

Ill need to get some heal pots are a build together just to make a real attempt at solo nightmares because that jump in difficulty from the elite solo is nuts. They expect a single player to handle way too much for that poo poo.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

orcane posted:

I was crazy and farmed the poo poo outta em to access tokyo. Cause I was dumb and didn't have enough credits to outright buy the pass. :downs:

Probably heading back this weekend to make more use of my ar/ele build. And unlock more of my wheel.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Drinkfist posted:

The only problem with the augments is that you loving need them and a pile of poo poo in order to spend you AP else you are wasting xp. I just want to keep some on hand to make sure I dont waste the AP because I don't have any of the Scenario items. Motherfuckers in Tokyo should drop the aug items too but they don't.

I've been doing the issue 5/6/7 quests every week to sell signets to make money for augments. It's not fun any more. :smithicide:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

prefect posted:

I've been doing the issue 5/6/7 quests every week to sell signets to make money for augments. It's not fun any more. :smithicide:

Have you tried farming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIqMjrbUceM

You know, the one thing that actually made me want to really reinstall was when they undid the nerf to Close Quarters. I bet I could farm a Purp Violence in no time with Augments.

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 16, 2015

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

I was doing this too for similar reasons. I couldn't bring myself to do it anymore during the xmas events and stopped. I think I will get back at it in a couple weeks. It's good to take breaks when it becomes a chore instead of a goal/fun.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

prefect posted:

How much do the blue signet bags sell for on the market? We used to sell the unopened bags on the AH and let the pubbies play with the lottery bags.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HughGRect posted:

How much do the blue signet bags sell for on the market? We used to sell the unopened bags on the AH and let the pubbies play with the lottery bags.

Don't know about the bag prices; I open them and sell the signets. I wonder if I'd make more money just selling bags.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

prefect posted:

Don't know about the bag prices; I open them and sell the signets. I wonder if I'd make more money just selling bags.

Before every event gave blue signet bags they would sell for over a mil pax.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i just have unfair.co shift tabbed constantly because gently caress investigative missions, im playing this game for its sick rear end combat system

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Also i never talk to people, skip dialogue and ignore lore because I wanted to play a video game, not watch a loving movie.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

subhuman filth posted:

Also i never talk to people, skip dialogue and ignore lore because I wanted to play a video game, not watch a loving movie.

True to his name gents.

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

Is it worth coming back to TSW? I bought it when it first came out and never got far, even on the occasional comeback. I think I got to, like, the second zone (I ended up quitting on comebacks because my build was such poo poo that I had to redo Solomon Island for, like, the fifth time, counting misguided alt attempts). I like the game and mostly am looking for some cheerleading to try again and get past my lovely old mistakes, is what I'm saying.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Your only mistake was making alts to "reroll". It's still easily worth playing through the normal zones, normal/elite dungeons and missions at least once. Scenarios are worthless and Tokyo is kinda iffy - nice for story developments but I think mechanically it's atrocious.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

erazure posted:

Is it worth coming back to TSW? I bought it when it first came out and never got far, even on the occasional comeback. I think I got to, like, the second zone (I ended up quitting on comebacks because my build was such poo poo that I had to redo Solomon Island for, like, the fifth time, counting misguided alt attempts). I like the game and mostly am looking for some cheerleading to try again and get past my lovely old mistakes, is what I'm saying.

Yes but its mostly still bugged to hell

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think I still have Transylvania to finish, I think already completed all the dungeons on elite difficulty cause they were pretty fun.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Drinkfist posted:

True to his name gents.

subhuman filth posted:

Wait a second...

filth posted:

:tinfoil:

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

you should leave. i'm not feeling very stable right now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You likely don't even know what the filth is! Also, could any Goon in the Templar cabal throw an invite my way? I'm curious how lively it is, since I know the Illumi cabal is dead and nobody's ever on it. My Templar character is named Clibanarya.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

subhuman filth posted:

you should leave. i'm not feeling very stable right now.

Oh, is that what that guy says. I could never make it out.

Spent a couple hours in Mumble yesterday listening to Grithok and Boat clear Solomon Island. Would've joined in, but didn't have a headset plugged in. Made me nostalgic for Age of Wushu and the dulcet tones of Grithok yelling at us all.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

You likely don't even know what the filth is! Also, could any Goon in the Templar cabal throw an invite my way? I'm curious how lively it is, since I know the Illumi cabal is dead and nobody's ever on it. My Templar character is named Clibanarya.

Believe me. Templar are dead too. Just get on Camping the Stairs Mumble and into "The Angry Dome" channel wayyyy at the bottom of the list of channels and shoot the poo poo with us while you are playing TSW. We are bad games crew down here so expect us to be playing all kinds of terrible games. This month just happened to land on revisiting The Secret World.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Drink, dat mumble wants a password

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

GEMorris posted:

Drink, dat mumble wants a password

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

HughGRect posted:

I would say 200-300k per on average. Sometimes I have poo poo days and get like 5 <40k blues and start drinking heavily, other times I luck out with multiple blues worth a million or more. I think some of the rare/coveted ones are worth 3m.

You just have to be careful taking a gamble selling them if you are one of the only people, as the price might be really jacked high and you'll likely never sell it. There's also market manipulators that will sink the price and buy up everything once it's sufficiently low and relist. I usually use the price of greens and purples to justify what I sell a blue at. A blue should in the neighborhood of 10x price for greens and 1/10 the price of a purple.

Edit: Missed the key word "bags" and answered the totally wrong question. That all applies to blue signets obviously :downswords:

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 17, 2015

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
Celebrating new avatar -- if you're somewhat new to this game and discovered Blue Mountain is more like Blue goddamn cliff wall, I will run you through Hell (QL5) a couple of times. If you're able to heal, I can do DW (QL6), ankh (QL8?), and (maybe) facility (QL10) too. Post here and/or look for Thuraya in game, but I don't log in outside of Thurs/Sun nights on my own.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
One of the best tips for a new person is save all those special token things you get for completing quests. Once you have like... 40? or 60? I forget. Anyway, make a beeline for the trailer park in Blue Mountain and buy yourself a QL6 blue weapon or two.

That makes everything in those starting zones super easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

One of the best tips for a new person is save all those special token things you get for completing quests. Once you have like... 40? or 60? I forget. Anyway, make a beeline for the trailer park in Blue Mountain and buy yourself a QL6 blue weapon or two.

That makes everything in those starting zones super easy.

This was good advice when I started two years ago and it still is. Also it was exciting to find the way to the trailer park when I had just moved from Kingsmouth to Savage Coast. The road was not as peaceful as it looked... :aaa:

• Locked thread