Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

snipermonkey posted:

I wouldn't call over double the price of moto X 2013 the same price as a Moto G.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Universal-Unlocked-Black/dp/B00K0NRZSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421460944&sr=8-1&keywords=moto+g+lte

$200

vs

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-XT1058-16GB-Unlocked/dp/B00F3XUAJ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421460965&sr=8-1&keywords=moto+x+2013

$230

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Note the X doesn't have an SD card slot, but that is what :yayclod: is for. It's a very nice phone and worth the extra cash.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
X everyday twice on sunday

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

monster on a stick posted:

Note the X doesn't have an SD card slot, but that is what :yayclod: is for. It's a very nice phone and worth the extra cash.

If you ever need more than 16GB of music or videos on your phone please kill yourself.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

If you ever need more than 16GB of music or videos on your phone please kill yourself.
Bonus points if you choke on an SD card.

snipermonkey
Jun 30, 2010
That is an awesome price, unfortunately I live in Europe and can't find one at the same price. The only reason I wanted a phone with an SD card slot, was because I already have a SD card that I would still like to use. Otherwise not really that important.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

snipermonkey posted:

That is an awesome price, unfortunately I live in Europe and can't find one at the same price. The only reason I wanted a phone with an SD card slot, was because I already have a SD card that I would still like to use. Otherwise not really that important.

The Moto X is also a crapshoot when it comes to compatibility with European LTE bands, to say the least.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Should it even be physically possible for a device doing literally nothing to lose 22% battery per day? This is a Sprint Moto X on airplane mode with wifi off during deep sleep (not my primary device), and only Nova Launcher installed. I literally only use this device to listen to music in the shower once in a while.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Should it even be physically possible for a device doing literally nothing to lose 22% battery per day? This is a Sprint Moto X on airplane mode with wifi off during deep sleep (not my primary device), and only Nova Launcher installed. I literally only use this device to listen to music in the shower once in a while.

My galaxy s which burnt through its battery in eight hours normally managed to get five days life per charge when I was holidaying in America and had all data off (except when on hotel WiFi). And that was with taking photos with it on a regular basis (took about five hundred or so).

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Jesus, my Verizon X does the same thing. No sim card, on airplane mode, dedicated spotify player for running. Loses like 30% a day. I don't get it.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Droid Turbo:

Google voice search says it "can't access microphone" when I try to train it to work from any screen. Is that because it's superseded by Moto Voice (which I've already set up) or is it a problem?

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Sorry. Bad Wi-Fi connection.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
HTC ONE m7

Everything sucks and I regret buying this lovely phone. i put cynagoen mod on because with stock OS I pocket-dialed 911 multiple times. I used the cm official installer and my boot screen says something like "do not redistribute this HTC proprietary software, internal use only" and all the apps i use crash all the time

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Flat Daddy posted:

HTC ONE m7

Everything sucks and I regret buying this lovely phone. i put cynagoen mod on because with stock OS I pocket-dialed 911 multiple times. I used the cm official installer and my boot screen says something like "do not redistribute this HTC proprietary software, internal use only" and all the apps i use crash all the time

Pack it up boys, we have a new android.txt on our hands.

Edit for content. Check the root thread as mentioned below. Or, if you are up to it, XDA is usually willing to bail people out. Basically you are going to have to reformat it with a stock OS image. Godspeed.

hotsauce fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 17, 2015

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Flat Daddy posted:

HTC ONE m7

And now you know what you're getting in bed with when you use CyanogenMod. At least learn how to CJ your phone yourself. The Rooted thread can help.

Alternately, get something with a stock ROM that's bearable, like a Nexus, Moto, Sony, or at least something that isn't years old. The time you save not CJing is worth more than the money you saved on that phone. You can even still root it if you want. Probably.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Flat Daddy posted:

HTC ONE m7

Congratulations, you've gotten yourself into more hours of fixing your device because you didn't read. Perhaps consult a guide or forum thread before modifying device firmware.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
Just flash the GPE software and be done with it.

It's still stock so shouldn't crash, and you won't be annoyed by HTC's lovely dialler.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

B-b-b-b-but if you can't think of more 32 GB of things to put on your phone, you shouldn't even have a phone!

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

snipermonkey posted:

I wouldn't call over double the price of moto X 2013 the same price as a Moto G.
You can get an unlocked Developer Edition 2013 Moto X for $200 off of eBay. Since you're the in the UK, I don't know if that device will work for you or if it's available for you to buy.

Edit: Holy poo poo, a page I didn't know existed! Oh well, to make this worthwhile:

Rusty! posted:

Just flash the GPE software and be done with it.

It's still stock so shouldn't crash, and you won't be annoyed by HTC's lovely dialler.
This was going to be my suggestion too.

vvv

CLAM DOWN posted:

That makes sense.
How do you miss the pun "That makes Sense." ?

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jan 17, 2015

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Flat Daddy posted:

i put cynagoen mod on because with stock OS I pocket-dialed 911 multiple times

That makes sense.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Hoping someone can confirm what I think i already know

Galaxy S3, 2years1mo old, stock no root.

Randomly reset itself last week (which I assume at this point was the auto upgrade to 4.3 but did not realise at the time)
Sat at black screen for an hour, I reset it and it booted to a fresh factory reset.
Updated to 4.3 fine, but a lot of apps where crashing and poo poo. Factory reset it again.. and again to no change.

At this point google.keyboard and google.com apps crash constantly (and the keyboard is slow to use) and apps I own off the app store are coming up with error -24. If they DO install it will tell me that there are "conflicting uid's" and should stop stealing apps or something and it will uninstall them on me.
All this sucks and all, but it seems to run fine except audio is skippy as gently caress, in multiple apps.

She hosed?

And.... is the Sony Z3 compact prone to problems? People on local forums are complaining about problems with them just ceasing to work overnight, and having sony australia not replacing anything and sending them to repairers even if they arrive broken?
I'll buy it through a carrier so I wont have to deal with sony at all atleast.

Is there a decent hard/shock case for it?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Flat Daddy posted:

HTC ONE m7

loving lol

The M7 owns you should just convert it to a GPE and keep using it.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

CLAM DOWN posted:

That makes sense.

Seriously, what the gently caress is he even talking about? I can't fathom how those three things fit anywhere in a chain of events.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm going to replace the battery on my Nexus 4 today. For anyone who's done this, would it be better to point the hairdryer at the back of the phone or the screen to loosen the glue?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dubs posted:

She hosed?
Can't you just flash the stock image?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="440351692"]
Seriously, what the gently caress is he even talking about? I can't fathom how those three things fit anywhere in a chain of events.

Sense has knock to wake and I guess he has his phone go straight to dialer or something.

I'm dubious of the veracity of the 911 thing, but he could have just disabled knocking or enabled lockscreen security so his thigh didn't unlock his phone.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

mango sentinel posted:

Sense has knock to wake and I guess he has his phone go straight to dialer or something.

I'm dubious of the veracity of the 911 thing, but he could have just disabled knocking or enabled lockscreen security so his thigh didn't unlock his phone.

My M7 doesn't have that. Are you sure it does? And even if it did, it would be easily disabled.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="440356201"]
My M7 doesn't have that. Are you sure it does? And even if it did, it would be easily disabled.

I have an m8 so it may be exclusive to that, I just thought it was a sense ui thing.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Replaced the battery on my Nexus 4 just now. That's not something I ever want to do again:

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

bull3964 posted:

So, Google may be trying to acquire the payment system formally known as Isis (Softcard).

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-reportedly-talks-acquire-mobile-payments-company-softcard

So, after all that war, it goes out with a whimper. Really though, this is just a tacit acknowledgment that Apple Pay has won.

A year ago, ISIS and Amex were offering to pay you up to $100 in statement credits to use their service. It was clearly dead on the vine even then, 9 months before Apple Pay.

If the service was actually going to make people's lives easier, you wouldn't have to pay them a C-note to induce them to use it.

It was a service that was built to serve the carriers and credit card issuers first, users and merchants second. So clearly it's a no brainer that users and merchants wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Two days in a row now my WiFi and cellular data on my T-Mobile LG G3have just shat out on me requiring a device reset. Any ideas what could cause that?
Also, lol Android, knew the honeymoon wouldn't last forever.

Fake edit: its also unrooted or any of that poo poo.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Starting to see reports of the back cover of the Nexus 6 coming off because of weak glue or expanding batteries. Then I checked mine which I got on Wednesday and the cover on the left side edge is slightly higher than on the right (which is flush with the frame), HOW PARANOID SHOULD I BE?!?!?!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cacator posted:

Starting to see reports of the back cover of the Nexus 6 coming off because of weak glue or expanding batteries. Then I checked mine which I got on Wednesday and the cover on the left side edge is slightly higher than on the right (which is flush with the frame), HOW PARANOID SHOULD I BE?!?!?!

It's literally going to explode in your pocket tomorrow.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

It's literally going to explode in your pocket tomorrow.

Pre-emptive RIP.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Cacator posted:

I'm just happy now that I didn't get the N6.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Logikv9 posted:

I'm just happy now that I didn't get the N6.

Because you get scared easily by click bait bullshit?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Is there really not a way to my have my facebook calendar show up as a calendar with stock android (5.01 if that matters), the facebook app installed and the google calendar app? (really I just want Google Now to tell me when to drive to people stupid birthday parties in lovely Seattle traffic).

I don't see anything useful in the facebook app, calendar app or the accounts section, and googling it just leads me to people manually exporting poo poo into the google calendar or 3rd party apps.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Yep Facebook and Google are engaged in some sort of dispute about how sync should be handled so nothing Facebook related syncs at all on Nexus devices.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
This 2013 Moto X is my favorite phone I've ever owned and smarter than the newest iPhone. It's still a little tiny compared to my S3, but I'm quite fond of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Just found out my Moto X has hella feedback with certain earbuds, which is a huge bummer.