Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Like clockwork.

On the plus side, you don't have to think "i wonder what happened, and wonder what it will cost me"

because you know exactly what happened, and what it will take to fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

You're a donkey. I like that.
I am truly sorry for your (coolant) loss.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Make sure you have something to dilute out the coolant on the ground. I'd hate to see any animals get sick :ohdear:

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
My e61 has trouble with the power lift tail gate. It randomly stops raising and then when you get it up, it won't lower itself.
It isn't designed to move without power, so its horribly annoying when we are trying to get a stroller out of the back at every stop.

Any suggestions?

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

MrChips posted:

Only when I used those poo poo-tier Bosch wiper blades.

Mine are supposedly premium wipers.. Bloody things.

Anywhere in the UK I could find a replacement spring for the arm? Wondering if that's the issue..

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Whatever the flat ones in halfords are are fully sick for e46s. They only cost about a tenner with a trade card too.

In other m3 related news I'm giving my car to Geoff steel racing and considering just daily diving a full blown race car.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So some black kids decided to "put em in a coffin" all over my e46 wagon. Any tips for fixing a crumpled up hood and roof?

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Make sure you have something to dilute out the coolant on the ground. I'd hate to see any animals get sick :ohdear:

I can confirm the OEM blue stuff contains a bitterant so animals won't drink it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

So some black kids decided to "put em in a coffin" all over my e46 wagon. Any tips for fixing a crumpled up hood and roof?

You can only fix the hood by the eradication of racism and many other serious socio economic issues.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

SlapActionJackson posted:

I can confirm the OEM blue stuff contains a bitterant so animals won't drink it.

Good. That always makes me nervous when I spill coolant on the ground, so I always dilute the poo poo out of it. I hate my neighbors dog but I don't want to kill it, I mostly blame the idiot owners.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bape Culture posted:

You can only fix the hood by the eradication of racism and many other serious socio economic issues.

Yeah... pretty bad when a5h's post isn't the worst and/or straight wrong.

Anyway, if you've had bodies dumped on your hood and roof, PDR probably won't do it. Panel replacement is the only thing to do in that case... pictures?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What do you mean?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

What that means?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bape Culture posted:

What do you mean?

I was saying you made a good post, and that kinda disappointed me.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

meatpimp posted:

I was saying you made a good post, and that kinda disappointed me.

I'm a consistently good poster. Where are the moderators?!

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

juche mane posted:

What that means?
it means to do this http://youtu.be/FSCnJ6bP73I

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Holy poo poo, what the gently caress is wrong with people?

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I managed to snag a set of factory low-miles springs, shocks, and struts from a 1998 M3 for a song. The struts and shocks on my 1995 318i are toast, and I'm trying to figure out if I can swap these over. Can I make it work? It looks like the front springs are a different diameter, and as such the spring perches and hat are smaller as well, so I'm guessing I will have to use the M3 springs as well. Is this going to cause any issues? Also, they didn't come with strut mounts, and I'm trying to figure out which ones I'd need...'95 non-M or '98 M3?

Googling is just bringing up a bunch of bmw forum results, which are terrible.

edit: This is infuriating. It seems like the only difference between the M and non-M struts/springs (besides the sway bar mounts on the M struts) is the spring diameter and rate, so as long as you use either non-M, -'95 M, or 96+ M, they will bolt in to any car with any strut mount, but I can't find anywhere to confirm this.

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 17, 2015

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

People are so loving stupid

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Shogunner posted:

People are so loving stupid

Then this'll make you really mad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApMNHafD9bI

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

Ya that's what I watched. I'm so glad this dumb destructive trend poo poo doesn't happen where I live.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I like the part where half of them can't even jump and they hurt themselves being stupid.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I killed my E30 because I can't see traffic or something and I'm really loving sad right now

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

rscott posted:

I killed my E30 because I can't see traffic or something and I'm really loving sad right now

drat, bad day for the AI BMW thread... what happened?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
pulled out of a grocery parking lot to turn left and got t boned by a focus doing about 40, cop was nice and only wrote me a careless driving ticket

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
http://wichita.craigslist.org/ctd/4850089391.html

how hard is the heater core on an e23

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

A whore comes to mind. http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/6940

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
yeah, I found that after I made that post

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

IuniusBrutus posted:

I managed to snag a set of factory low-miles springs, shocks, and struts from a 1998 M3 for a song. The struts and shocks on my 1995 318i are toast, and I'm trying to figure out if I can swap these over. Can I make it work? It looks like the front springs are a different diameter, and as such the spring perches and hat are smaller as well, so I'm guessing I will have to use the M3 springs as well. Is this going to cause any issues? Also, they didn't come with strut mounts, and I'm trying to figure out which ones I'd need...'95 non-M or '98 M3?

Googling is just bringing up a bunch of bmw forum results, which are terrible.

edit: This is infuriating. It seems like the only difference between the M and non-M struts/springs (besides the sway bar mounts on the M struts) is the spring diameter and rate, so as long as you use either non-M, -'95 M, or 96+ M, they will bolt in to any car with any strut mount, but I can't find anywhere to confirm this.
You want 96-99 M3 strut mounts, and then swap them side to side to increase camber. http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1904269-M3-front-strut-mounts-on-non-m&p=25232358#post25232358

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...0@Strut%20Mount

$136 for the pair.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

rscott posted:

yeah, I found that after I made that post

You should do it. Its a brick of a motor but it will out last cockroaches if its maintained even remotely decent.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
My wife's 2006 530xi is rattling on accelleration. Im hoping thats what vanos rattle is, but have no idea. It seems to get worse as the car heats up, and after driving for an hour its pretty noticible when taking off from a stop.
I guess the other noise it could be making is DISA valves? Though that probably wont change as much with engine temp.

It also could be pinging, which it what I would call it in a toyota or something. There seems to be no other symptoms though.

Anything else I should look for in an N52? Its probably going into the shop, but to know if I should be looking to sell organs or something to pay for it would be nice.

blindjoe fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 19, 2015

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Finally got around to finishing the 30 up this weekend. This was, of course, obligatory. Jump to 14 seconds in if you don't want to hear my friends and I belligerently yelling incoherently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DUD2E_OCZA

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Local news came and did a story on my BMW being damaged:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/viral-prank-causes-damage-to-local-mans-vehicle/30792588

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

That sucks man. Really sucks.
But why did they sit you next to a doll house...?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You know it's a goon because of the neckbeard.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Haha, the doll house was going to be my first comment, too.

Sorry Return Of JimmyJars, that hood's probably a goner. It hit both the flat section and the curved section, and even if it didn't crack the paint, PDR would be super-tough because of the hood support structure underneath. If you find a wizard, maybe he could fix it, but it's probably a remove and replace job. :(

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

i am harry posted:

That sucks man. Really sucks.
But why did they sit you next to a doll house...?

Bro this isn't a regular doll house, did you see the dinosaurs? Anyway the roof is all dented too but they didn't show that because it was "hard to get on camera". I'm tempted to just drive it like it is since gently caress it it's a daily driver but I also like to keep my things nice. My WRX got hosed too but at least it's only the hood there.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Isn't that a comprehensive claim ?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

That is a serious shot to the nuts man. I really get feeling :corsair: when I look at the generation younger than us and think that there is little to no hope for the future. We are supposed to be hiring these kinds of people and pay them money while they are busy snap-chatting dickpics all while they feel superior and entitled? What does the rising generation even have to offer society in general?

reading all those words again requires that I again post :corsair: and :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That is a serious shot to the nuts man. I really get feeling :corsair: when I look at the generation younger than us and think that there is little to no hope for the future. We are supposed to be hiring these kinds of people and pay them money while they are busy snap-chatting dickpics all while they feel superior and entitled? What does the rising generation even have to offer society in general?

reading all those words again requires that I again post :corsair: and :bahgawd:

Your parents thought this same thing about your generation.

you old