Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

You realize that, if he runs, we're going to get Willard Mitt Romney debating Rand on whose strain is more pure. :allears:
But are hu-mon tragedies really tragedies, when you think about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Mitt's happening.

Romney 2016: Mitt Happens

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

You realize that, if he runs, we're going to get Willard Mitt Romney debating Rand on whose strain is more pure. :allears:

I was just watching CNN and there was some Romney "communications advisor" saying that he was going to run on the following:

- mitt will focus on income inequality (he cares about the poor, you see)
- mitt will focus on foreign policty
- the upcoming campaign will focus more on his mormon faith

I can't possibly see what goes wrong!

Also Joe you missed this quote:

quote:

As the Romneys walked to their SUV to leave the aircraft carrier, a few fans asked Mitt to autograph a few baseballs.

"Look at this," he said with a smile and a chuckle. "Isn't that nice to get the chance to sign a baseball again?"

He signed a few, but then told them, "One more. I don't want to flood the market with these -- might drop the price below 50 cents again."
I'm not going to lie, I missed his humour :allears: :mitt:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So it's really happening. We're going to get an entire Republican primary talking about Income Inequality. I don't know if I'm ready for the amazing circus of bootstraps, regulatory easing and tax cuts said straight faced. If only Newt were in it to push for child labor. The solution to income inequality is so obviously that the poor should stop being so lazy and criminal while giving up their parasitic relationship with government.

Dr. Ben Carson is going to spend the entire primary as exhibit A of the Republican bootstrap prescription, isn't he?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gyges posted:

Dr. Ben Carson is going to spend the entire primary as exhibit A of the Republican bootstrap prescription, isn't he?

Not as long as he's running, at least outside of his campaign.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gyges posted:

So it's really happening. We're going to get an entire Republican primary talking about Income Inequality. I don't know if I'm ready for the amazing circus of bootstraps, regulatory easing and tax cuts said straight faced. If only Newt were in it to push for child labor. The solution to income inequality is so obviously that the poor should stop being so lazy and criminal while giving up their parasitic relationship with government.

This is either going to be hilarious or depressing as gently caress. The Republicans recognize that income inequality is something people care about, especially young voters, women, and minorities, but their world view doesn't permit addressing income inequality in a way their "target demographic" will care about or approve of.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cythereal posted:

This is either going to be hilarious or depressing as gently caress.

Spoiler alert: it's guaranteed to be both simultaneously. Stock up on your booze now

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I think libertarianism is going to be really big in the Republican 2016 primary. One could say, "It was the year when they finally immanentized the Eschaton."

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Good Citizen posted:

Spoiler alert: it's guaranteed to be both simultaneously. Stock up on your booze now

Republicans were against class warfare before they were for class warfare

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

I think libertarianism is going to be really big in the Republican 2016 primary. One could say, "It was the year when they finally immanentized the Eschaton."

So does immanentizing involve crushing any and all libertarian influence or completely surrendering and renaming birth certificates "berth certificates" and talking about how we all sail the seas of commerce only as our mutually agreed upon contracts demand?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Joementum posted:

Well, if we're casting about for a candidate who could afford a gold-plated submarine....

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm desperately hoping a crowd of second- and third- tier candidates take a look at the field, realize this is crazy enough to be anyone's ball game, and we go full on looney-tunes by the time Iowa rolls around.

God Bless the USA.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

VanSandman posted:

I'm desperately hoping a crowd of second- and third- tier candidates take a look at the field, realize this is crazy enough to be anyone's ball game, and we go full on looney-tunes by the time Iowa rolls around.

God Bless the USA.

Reince will murder John Bolton with a shovel

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Can someone please ask Romney his opinion about climate change as well?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Mitt would never hear the question over the din of 15 washing machines running in the next room.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

shadow puppet of a posted:

Mitt would never hear the question over the din of 15 washing machines running in the next room.

Uhh excuse me washing clothes is for the plebes who have to wear them a second time.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

PupsOfWar posted:

Reince will murder John Bolton with a shovel

If anyone physically assaults anyone else and it gets recorded I'm going to have to call a doctor because my erection will last way more than four hours.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Adar posted:

Uhh excuse me washing clothes is for the plebes who have to wear them a second time.

Like Romney has any idea how or which clothes from the tailor spontaneously appear in his closet later.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cythereal posted:

Like Romney has any idea how or which clothes from the tailor spontaneously appear in his closet later.

Of course he does. It's Ann.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Of course he does. It's Ann.

I suspect they have at least one maid or other servant who does that for them. Can you really see that woman doing laundry or arranging a closet?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Mitt Romney somehow makes pictures intrinsically funny. He doesn't even have to be doing anything in particular to look ridiculous.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Cythereal posted:

I suspect they have at least one maid or other servant who does that for them. Can you really see that woman doing laundry or arranging a closet?

Cleaning and arranging all the garments, let alone the overclothes, would be a full time job during Romney Rustic Retreat weeks.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Cleaning and arranging all the garments, let alone the overclothes, would be a full time job during Romney Rustic Retreat weeks.

Dont forgot the Magic Underwear

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
The question really is, is the Bush Machine stronger or weaker than the Romney Machine, and will the people who could be in both choose Bush or Romney?

Bush's machine is at least eight years old. Romney's has the stink of loser.

Romney _does_ have an approximation of modern communications and command and control.

Bush has Ailes and Rove.

I wouldn't bet too heavily on Bush stomping Romney. He might just get starved out early.

At the high level, it's a question of personal commitment. Romney, plastic as he is, can lead.

Can Bush inspire CEO-types to sign on with him?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

meristem posted:

Can someone please ask Romney his opinion about climate change as well?

Hey guys, I really loving got it wrong on FEMA and Sandy...

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Sorry MIGF, I ran into John Fogerty the other day, Rauner has no plans to run in 16, and his team is already getting heavy calls from everyone for Iowa.

They're probably going to split up instead of moving to one candidate.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Is this image supposed to convince me Mitt Romney actually pretreats the stains on the collars of his own shirts before washing them?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
With Warren out and O'Malley seemingly out, how does Hillary not just cruise to the nomination?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Cigar Aficionado posted:

With Warren out and O'Malley seemingly out, how does Hillary not just cruise to the nomination?

She cruises. This is actually bad news for the Sanders "campaign" because without any in-party opposition it's harder for him to get a debate platform against Hillary to advance his agenda.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Joementum posted:

She cruises. This is actually bad news for the Sanders "campaign" because without any in-party opposition it's harder for him to get a debate platform against Hillary to advance his agenda.

Democrats need to take a page from professional wrestling and have a mysterious masked opponent who shows up at debates to double team Hillary with Sanders. At the last debate they're unmasked and it was Bill the whole time! Hillary then elbow drops his rear end and climbs the ladder to grab the nomination.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Oh god please tell me Linda McMahon is going to run in the Republican primary. You know she is thinking about it. She knows she could take on Hillary toe to toe.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Democrats need to take a page from professional wrestling and have a mysterious masked opponent who shows up at debates to double team Hillary with Sanders. At the last debate they're unmasked and it was Bill the whole time! Hillary then elbow drops his rear end and climbs the ladder to grab the nomination.

Wouldn't it really be that much worse if we just made Vince McMahon dictator for life?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

That and John Podesta is leaving the White House next month to work for her.

Hold on, Karl Rove is saying that there is still a chance that Hilary won't run for president.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Based on the wear on his jeans, Mitt carries his wallet in his left pocket. Is he left-handed?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This is the best Romney + clothes picture.

And this is the best poll.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

withak posted:

Based on the wear on his jeans, Mitt carries his wallet in his left pocket. Is he left-handed?

Yeah, both him and Obama.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

I love how they included Lindsey Graham with 0% of the vote. They might as well have put me there, it's basically the same thing!

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Fulchrum posted:

Yeah, both him and Obama.

Also John McCain, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, Bob Dole, Ross Perot, and George H.W. Bush. It's loving bizarre - George W. Bush was the only right-handed president or nominee in the past 25 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

My Imaginary GF posted:

He's running, only question is when. You don't lay down $30 mil of your own cash for improving the IL Governor's Mansion and lobbying the state lege for northing.

Ask a statehouse reporter, Chicago journalist, or anyone who shares a board position with Diane--Bruce wants the White House, and he's willing to work with Democrats to win it. Christy without the bloat and mob ties, if you will.

An Illinois politician without mob ties? Surely you jest.

edit: or is that :thejoke:

• Locked thread