Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Waffleman_ posted:

Kill la kill is also basically Sonic Adventure 2.

Once it's over, you decide to live and learn never to watch lovely anime again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Maleketh posted:

Once it's over, you decide to live and learn never to watch lovely anime again?

Never. There's still SAO: Season 2 to look forward to.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here's the trailer kiddos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0u21uL2QMU
:unsmigghh:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That music was savage

I need that goddamn track lol

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 17, 2015

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I hope you guys are ready for more Huey, because Stephanie Sheh voices Nui in KLK.

I expected this for a while now. I guess they just needed to wait until they had more stuff dubbed since they probably have 1-19 dubbed now.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Waffleman_ posted:

Kill la kill is also basically Sonic Adventure 2.

Except sa2 Is good

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
First time reactions to this are gonna be pretty good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dangerous Person posted:

Oh, undoubtedly.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm new to it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dangerous Person posted:

Probably the only reason I'm gonna bother watching this time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Probably the only reason I'm gonna bother watching this time.

This + I'm interested in hearing the English cast.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I stopped watching KLK after like the 5th episode so this sure is going to be a thing.

I also cannot wait for the flood of first time watchers.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I will not fail you all. I am not afraid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You best start believin' in mediocre-at-best anime...

*Steps into the moonlight, causing me to change into a sailor suit*

Cuz yer in one.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:stare: ... drat...... they're really goin' in this with both fists, aren't they?

"First trailer of our newest show!!" *LOTS OF UNDERAGE PARTIAL NUDITY*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

75% of this drat show is partial nudity!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

:stare: ... drat...... they're really goin' in this with both fists, aren't they?

Well you see that transformation sequence quite a bit so no sense pretending it doesn't exist.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

See... any other context, and I might not have a problem with this. Hell, I might even enjoy it.

But this context...... no.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh believe me, you'll stop noticing/caring about that poo poo faster than you'd think. It just washes over you eventually. There's much worse poo poo in that show.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still godawful

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This seems like the perfect show to have family members randomly walk in the room while your watching.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Waffleman_ posted:

Cuz yer in one.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

actually age of consent in Japan is 16

:goonsay:

but really though, the outfits are a little gross but if that was the worst of it it would be fine. unfortunately though it's not

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 17, 2015

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
i was originally coming in here to talk about Eric Andre but then i see this

and i'm all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6YMov3fYvs

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Rhonne posted:

This seems like the perfect show to have family members randomly walk in the room while your watching.

RIP new toonami kiddies, they will get caught and will never get their anime boners.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Cuz yer in one.

I wish I could make this the thread title.

Also it will be my first time watching and I'm pretty sure if I made it through the SAO near-rape scene and the Hellsing necrophilia I'm pretty much invincible so I'm in for the long haul.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rhonne posted:

I already watch pro wrestling so I'm used to this

Waffleman_ posted:

No but you see they also have partially nude men so its automatically okay!

TwoPair posted:

I wish I could make this the thread title.

Also it will be my first time watching and I'm pretty sure if I made it through the SAO near-rape scene and the Hellsing necrophilia I'm pretty much invincible so I'm in for the long haul.
Honestly I would argue what happens in KLK is no worse than those scenes or the Hansel and Gretel arc from Black Lagoon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, we complain, but we've really seen worse.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, we complain, but we've really seen worse.
I mean I'm probably going to only one here who genuinely enjoyed the show for what it was sans those terrible scenes and reusing plot lines over again. It has good music, I like the art style (even though admittedly the animation is lovely), and the side characters really make the show for me. I could give two fucks about most of the main protagonists and antagonists.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I enjoyed it for what it was, but I was pretty content with watching it once.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I think I have to also admit that I missed some episodes during the period where it gets really bad/boring what with college and just rewatched them by skipping to scenes that looked cool or fun. But this time I guess I have no excuse.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
On the one hand, Solid, KLK's not the next AOT but it's a decent little worker of a cartoon and it acquits itself without too much hassle (Except that scene of course because, frankly we can't even begin to have a discussion about that without everyone turning into children who mistake 'six' for 'sex' and make childish oh'ing when anyone says it) and I can think of worse new show choices right now what with Viz's Sailor Moon being a visual shitheap.

On the other, this is rather ballsy to put on at 2330, and I would have thought it would have been the replacement show for GL as part of that Aniplex block.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

ConanThe3rd posted:

On the one hand, Solid, KLK's not the next AOT but it's a decent little worker of a cartoon and it acquits itself without too much hassle (Except that scene of course because, frankly we can't even begin to have a discussion about that without everyone turning into children who mistake 'six' for 'sex' and make childish oh'ing when anyone says it) and I can think of worse new show choices right now what with Viz's Sailor Moon being a visual shitheap.

Hey alongside DBZ Kai it might not look too bad, and besides with how shittily the HD feed is compressed (at least it is on cable) the visual blunders of Viz's Sailor Moon wouldn't even really show up most likely.

But yeah, I enjoy KLK. Its not meant to be taken seriously and its just a fun trip. It gets weird at the end but this is Pseudo-Gainax Trigger we're talking about here, its fairly typical.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Eric Andre is the hero we need.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This thread grew by 2 entire pages over one single new show being announced.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Gaunab posted:

Eric Andre is the hero we need.

Rick Springfield getting punched was entertaining.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I can't wait to totally accidentally miss KLK, I've been needing some help to start sleeping at night again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Gohan, having succeeded at surviving in the wilderness, begins his martial arts training with Piccolo. Goku reaches the end of Snake Way and meets King Kai. They tell some jokes and King Kai tells Goku to catch his monkey bubbles. King Kai's planet has ten times Earth gravity though, so it's pretty drat hard.

One Piece: We're out of clipshow hell!

Gurren Lagann: Seven years later, humanity has thrived on the surface under Simon's leadership, and he's even engaged to Nia! Good for him. However, when the population of the world reaches one million, the thread that Lordgenome spoke of in his dying words makes itself known and takes Nia away.

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

Slayers Next: We beat up a princess with a made-up god (Atheism: 1), a weird priest tricked us into robbing a bunch of Macho Men (OH YEAH), and the party split up to help two dueling wizards gently caress with each other, though there may be more to the situation than we think.

Yoshihiko: We didn't watch Yoshihiko last week so pretty much same as always.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Tonight on Slayers: To destroy a lich for good, you have to destroy its phylactery.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

TwoPair posted:

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly I would argue what happens in KLK is no worse than those scenes or the Hansel and Gretel arc from Black Lagoon
On the one hand, this does not fill me with confidence. On the other, I made it through all of Hellsing and even watched the entirety of Black Lagoon (Roberta's Blood Trail included) on Blu-ray together with my dad. (Sidenote: he loving loved it, and said he wished he'd had cartoons like that back when he was growing up.) I'm also somehow enjoying Inuyasha: the Final Act.

However, I couldn't make it though the second half of SAO; it just got so loving bad, even for my somewhat low standards.

So, semi-serious question: Given the above, can I make it all the way through KLK? I'll certainly try, I just want to know if I should brace myself for anything "SAO: part 2" levels of bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The nice thing about KLK is that by the time things get questionable, you're already along for the ride. So probably not.

• Locked thread