Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I totally understand why a bunch of people find the OSU fanbase insufferable but this current team actually owns a whole lot and if they were in any other unis, they'd be universally loved.

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I totally understand why a bunch of people find the OSU fanbase insufferable but this current team actually owns a whole lot and if they were in any other unis, they'd be universally loved.

They seem to have one player who is likeable so that is a bit of a stretch.

Those yes most hate of teams isn't based on the players but the institution. So this could apply to most.

There are exceptions of course, like FSU.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

They seem to have one player who is likeable so that is a bit of a stretch.

Those yes most hate of teams isn't based on the players but the institution. So this could apply to most.

There are exceptions of course, like FSU.

Cardale, Tyvis Powell, Darron Lee and Zeke all own and they have a LB named after a member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cardale, Tyvis Powell, Darron Lee and Zeke all own and they have a LB named after a member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

I'm assuming this LB ain't nothin to gently caress wit?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'm assuming this LB ain't nothin to gently caress wit?

He is not, was on the field a bunch as a true freshman. Raekwon Mcmillan, was the #1 prospect out of GA last year.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
U-God Smith doesn't exactly strike terror into the hearts of opposing offenses.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
looks like unlv is getting red helmets, which hopefully means we'll look less like a wanna be ohio state

give me info on an all black look tho. only then will i know sanchez is serious

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Naw people would hate them as any program that regularly wins and love them as any underdog.

Urban seemed to do a real good job of playing up the disrespect card in private to fire the team up but having everyone be really measured in public, like even after they won no one really came across like a cocky rear end in a top hat.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Kent State has a player named Raekwon and isn't Ohio State so there you go.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Naw people would hate them as any program that regularly wins and love them as any underdog.

Urban seemed to do a real good job of playing up the disrespect card in private to fire the team up but having everyone be really measured in public, like even after they won no one really came across like a cocky rear end in a top hat.
If you feel awkward about rooting for Ohio State, just pretend Ohio State is an SEC Team that has been lovely for years that Urban started coaching and now they're good.

Pretend Ohio State is Kentucky or something. Kentucky football not Kentucky basketball.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
people don't like your stupid team deal with it

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
the best feeling is probably when everyone hates your team cause you just won a championship

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

anne frank fanfic posted:

the best feeling is probably when everyone hates your team cause you just won a championship

I can confirm this

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Groucho Marxist posted:

people don't like your stupid team deal with it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Also people hate Ohio State and their douche fans because they do that ridiculous "THE" Ohio State university.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

ya

vyst posted:

Also people hate Ohio State and their douche fans because they do that ridiculous "THE" Ohio State university.

also :smug:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHgD-rcp1-E

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The best thing to ever come out of Ohio was Charles Woodson.

And he went to Michigan.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jesse Owens probably

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Then Nick Saban.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hey, have I got an interesting fact for you about Nick Saban being in Ohio.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

The best thing to ever come out of Ohio was Charles Woodson.

And he went to Michigan.

Lebron?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

You assume.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Jesse Owens
Nick Saban
A bunch of astronauts
Michael Keaton

Then Charles Woodson

Then like 25 of the 50 presidents somehow

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

And here I thought you Michigan guys liked Bo.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Bo Schembechler wishes he were 1/10th of the coach Nick Saban is.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jesse Owens
Nick Saban
A bunch of astronauts
Michael Keaton

Then Charles Woodson

I will give you Jesse Owens but that is it

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

vyst posted:

A few years ago FSU wanted everyone to do this but I guess they figured out it was annoying and backpedaled. I still write the Florida State University though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Nick Saban went to Kent State but he was born in West Virginia. The state of Ohio can't claim him any more legitimately than Alabama can claim those those four or five national championships. You know the ones.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

SEC is such a pack of failures.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

SEC is such a pack of failures.

A step in the right direction, but I doubt that's going to have any impact on Saban-esque forced medical retirements and cutting scholarships the day before guys get on campus.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jesse Owens
Nick Saban
A bunch of astronauts
Michael Keaton

Then Charles Woodson

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

JT Jag posted:

Nick Saban went to Kent State but he was born in West Virginia. The state of Ohio can't claim him any more legitimately than Alabama can claim those those four or five national championships. You know the ones.

The last 3 or 4 ones once the wins get vacated due to recruiting violations?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Thoguh posted:

A step in the right direction, but I doubt that's going to have any impact on Saban-esque forced medical retirements and cutting scholarships the day before guys get on campus.

Are these guys going to count against incoming class limits or does it mean they just get to keep getting paid for four years if they have ever signed a LOI?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

computer parts posted:

I'm not sure we'll ever see another super-serious infractions case against a major program before the amateurism model is fundamentally revised.

Also, pays to be Bama.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Are these guys going to count against incoming class limits or does it mean they just get to keep getting paid for four years if they have ever signed a LOI?

It means an LOI is a binding 4 year contract now and not performing to expectations will, much to the SEC's chagrin, not be a valid reason for dumping them and not renewing their 'ship.

What this will mean initially is just bullshitting medical redshirt reasons(a smart kid would refuse one unless they pay him some cash under the table to take it) and being the world's most unbelievable douchebags(not a stretch for 99% of head coaches) to force transfers but this is a good start and a move forward.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

computer parts posted:

He's probably referring to seasons like 1941 where they went 9-2 and finished #3 in the SEC and #20 in the country in the AP Poll but claim the national championship anyway, or 1964 when, as #1 they lost the Orange Bowl to #5 Texas (while #2 Arkansas beat #6 Nebraska) and claimed the national championship anyway, or 1973 when, as #1, they lost the Sugar Bowl to #3 Notre Dame and claimed the national championship anyway.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

computer parts posted:

Cam Newton came and went and no programs were punished for the brazen recruiting violations involved in his transfer, if that can happen then Alabama will never get hit.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

In the SEC, they come to play ball, not school :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Pakled posted:

He's probably referring to seasons like 1941 where they went 9-2 and finished #3 in the SEC and #20 in the country in the AP Poll but claim the national championship anyway, or 1964 when, as #1 they lost the Orange Bowl to #5 Texas (while #2 Arkansas beat #6 Nebraska) and claimed the national championship anyway, or 1973 when, as #1, they lost the Sugar Bowl to #3 Notre Dame and claimed the national championship anyway.

This one makes me extra mad because it is our lone SEC title in all of our existence. Not only that, but about half of our starting line up from that team went on to die in WWII, so we couldn't even build off of that success.

• Locked thread