Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

How's that compare to Bookers? It's my current favorite.

It's a scotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry
Yeah. Booker's is sweeter and higher proof, and bourbon, not Scotch. But depending on where you live, Highland Park 12yr should cost $30-50 ($35 is average for me) so it's cheaper than Booker's. If you like Scotches, it's one I'd pick over many others unless I wanted an Islay. If you do want something smokier, Kilchoman Machir Bay is fantastic.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I bought this in a feeble attempt to tidy our main floor bathroom, by moving all my makeup and hair poo poo into the vanity, in our bedroom.

gypsycabdriver
Apr 19, 2007
Rainier Arms short throw selector

Noveske NSR handstop kit

M42
Nov 12, 2012

(click)

Refurb 3+ black on ebay for $270.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

M42 posted:

drat thats not a bad price at all. Reminded me to post..

I grabbed a Toshiba Camelio XSports just before Christmas, bit bigger than the gopro but saves me shopping around for a few accessories I would have wanted anyway

Fitbit One for the lady

Galaxy Tab3 8" 4g. Galaxy Notes are for pussies.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Paper, frames and ink. Hoping to move back to Chicago this summer so I'm getting geared up to market and sell some prints.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

gypsycabdriver posted:

Rainier Arms short throw selector

Noveske NSR handstop kit

Gun or bike?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

Gun or bike?

Likely an AR15

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ChocNitty posted:

I stick my guitar tuner and capo to it for easy access. Also doubles as a smartphone camera stand.

And in between sets you can play Connect 5.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I've been looking for a nice pair of casual slip ons. Found a pair of Tsubo Carrados for $12. They're usually $100 shoes. Bargain of the week for sure.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

woot fatigue posted:

Paper, frames and ink. Hoping to move back to Chicago this summer so I'm getting geared up to market and sell some prints.

How much do you usually sell prints for?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I've been looking for a nice pair of casual slip ons. Found a pair of Tsubo Carrados for $12. They're usually $100 shoes. Bargain of the week for sure.

Wow. Where at?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

obi_ant posted:

Wow. Where at?

An outlet store called Gabriel brothers. I'm pretty sure they're only in the northeast. A lot of their stuff is either factory seconds or warehouse buyouts. It takes a little time to find the right sizes and double checking to make sure zippers and seams and poo poo aren't totally hosed but I get all my clothes there. All name brand stuff for a fraction of the typical cost. I highly recommend them.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Seriously those look like shoes only 70+ year olds would wear :confused:

Are you over 70?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Jerry Cotton posted:

Seriously those look like shoes only 70+ year olds would wear :confused:

Are you over 70?

I'm not ancient but I've outgrown whatever the hell most shoes have become. Alot of the sneakers I see look like some kind of day-glo nightmare from 1991. It's like a giant highlighter monster has been going around and making GBS threads in the dye vats at the shoe factories.

I like my new shoes. They're comfortable and look classy with jeans.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I'm not ancient but I've outgrown whatever the hell most shoes have become. Alot of the sneakers I see look like some kind of day-glo nightmare from 1991. It's like a giant highlighter monster has been going around and making GBS threads in the dye vats at the shoe factories.

I like my new shoes. They're comfortable and look classy with jeans.

Hey, I'm glad you like your shoes and they are comfortable but let's not go around throwing out words like "classy." The soles and shoe construction are solidly not classy. If you like the shoes I'm not going to say that's wrong but if you wanted something nice you could have found some loafers. There's a big gap between the sneakers your talking about and all the types of shoes you could have bought. If you're interested in shoes check some of the fashion threads on SA. One suggestion would be look for something like on the model in the photo of the pants I just got.

Content:

Books

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blendy posted:

Hey, I'm glad you like your shoes and they are comfortable but let's not go around throwing out words like "classy." The soles and shoe construction are solidly not classy. If you like the shoes I'm not going to say that's wrong but if you wanted something nice you could have found some loafers. There's a big gap between the sneakers your talking about and all the types of shoes you could have bought. If you're interested in shoes check some of the fashion threads on SA. One suggestion would be look for something like on the model in the photo of the pants I just got.

Content:

Those shoes are loving tacky dude. The ones Grumbletron bought won't make him look like he's headed to his shift at the gloryhole.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice

Blendy posted:

Content:

Books

The main reason I got them is because they were $12. And they fit well and they're my style. I saw a nice pair of wingtips at the same store but they didn't have my size. My everyday boots are my pair of Red Wing safety hikers I need for work and my Iron Age 8 eye metatarsels. I don't get many opportunities to wear my other shoes, which consist of a pair of Merrel low tops, Timberland docksiders and a very worn pair of Doc Martens. I know what a really classy shoe is but I rarely if ever have a chance to wear something like that. Pretty much anything not a boot feels uptown to me.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

LTBS posted:

How much do you usually sell prints for?

Yeah, do you have an online shop? Where do you buy your frames?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Good call choosing the superior original version over the ugly computer-colored and censored one.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Good call choosing the superior original version over the ugly computer-colored and censored one.

This is so amazing whenever I see it. It's like they hired 14 year old Deviantart me to do the work and also didn't show me the original coloring.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Jesus christ did Möbius approve this? Or is he dead?

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Those shoes are loving tacky dude. The ones Grumbletron bought won't make him look like he's headed to his shift at the gloryhole.

Ha cool homophobic comment about some generic looking boat shoes. PCOS Bill you're why I still read these forums everyday.

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

The main reason I got them is because they were $12. And they fit well and they're my style. I saw a nice pair of wingtips at the same store but they didn't have my size. My everyday boots are my pair of Red Wing safety hikers I need for work and my Iron Age 8 eye metatarsels. I don't get many opportunities to wear my other shoes, which consist of a pair of Merrel low tops, Timberland docksiders and a very worn pair of Doc Martens. I know what a really classy shoe is but I rarely if ever have a chance to wear something like that. Pretty much anything not a boot feels uptown to me.

Like I said if you like them I'm not going to say that's wrong. I was just saying if you wanted a casual but nice looking shoe you could find something that may look nicer, the shoes you got are over designed despite trying to go for a minimalist look. You can also find dress boots so I don't know what you mean by "uptown." And you said yourself you got them mainly because they're $12, so if that works for you then you don't need to justify it.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Whoa I've never seen that version and I'm glad I've avoided it. My friends and I have been geeking out over the Humanoids stuff and Taschen stuff lately. I got it awhile back but holy crap the Taschen Little Nemo is amazing. I also was lucky enough to lock it for nearly half off when it was up for pre-order. At some point I'll pick up The Metabarons stuff. I've looked at the Humanoids Barbarella and it looks cool but I don't know if it's actually interesting to read.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jesus christ did Möbius approve this? Or is he dead?

He's dead now but wasn't around the time of the new edition. I have no idea if he was consulted over the re-coloring, but it was the editor's decision because supposedly that was more suited for the new launch on the American market (even if they did the same for the French version):

http://joglikescomics.blogspot.be/2009/04/desastre-hurlant-t4-is-man-good.html

My guess is it was to make it easier for the Humanos to market the whole Jodoverse as a coherent, realistic dark sci-fi universe, while the original Incal looked more magical and satirical.

The ugly realistic coloring is much more in line with the other stories from the mythos like the Metabarons or the Technopères.

At least they understood their mistake and re-edited these "classic editions" of the Incal.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Jan 18, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah I... yeah, nah.

e: On a positive note, thanks to this thread for letting me know a really lovely version of these exists because I've actually been thinking of reading them. (I've only read the first album as a kid.)

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah I... yeah, nah.

e: On a positive note, thanks to this thread for letting me know a really lovely version of these exists because I've actually been thinking of reading them. (I've only read the first album as a kid.)

You are right, I mixed realistic coloring and dark universe. The Jodoverse is certainly not realistic.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Jan 18, 2015

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

PCOS Bill posted:

This man has bad taste.

Can anyone recommend a hydration pack?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

M42 posted:

(click)

Dangit, this is a good deal. And me without enough discretionary dollars :(

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Blendy posted:

Content:

Books

Maybe he didn't want to look like a suburban white liberal with one black friend

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Wow, people are getting mad over a guy (fairly nicely) pointing out that a guy bought fugly rear end dad shoes.

Van Dis posted:

Maybe he didn't want to look like a suburban white liberal with one black friend

That's better than looking like the senior manager at Burlington Coat Factory imo

Content:
I rented this yesterday, thought it was really great.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Coffee And Pie posted:

Wow, people are getting mad over a guy (fairly nicely) pointing out that a guy bought fugly rear end dad shoes.
Because that guy posted even worse shoes (though there was nothing wrong with the first pair). If wearing green loafers with blue pants is fashionable I'm perfectly happy being unfashionable.

If your shoes/sneakers/loafers whatever aren't all black you are doing something wrong.

Cage has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Jan 18, 2015

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Edit: gently caress it, nevermind.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

prezbuluskey posted:

Can anyone recommend a hydration pack?

Depends on what you need it for. I have a Salomon Advanced Skin S-Lab 5. It's perfect for trail running, but not cheap.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Cage posted:

Because that guy posted even worse shoes (though there was nothing wrong with the first pair). If wearing green loafers with blue pants is fashionable I'm perfectly happy being unfashionable.

If your shoes/sneakers/loafers whatever aren't all black you are doing something wrong.

Jeez people need to chill out on this derail. I didn't tell him to buy those shoes, I wasn't telling anyone to buy green loafers. I was just posting a remark and thought the shoes in the CONTENT i was posting had a better shape/silhouette to them. All my comments on that dude's shoes were about the design and construction and I was giving an example of something more simple in design that would work for casual wear. I didn't feel like googling shoes and posting a bunch of options. If the guy likes his shoes then kudos to him, and everyone can just stop being butthurt over some shoes I didn't even buy or even look at more than to say "these are less distracting than his shoes" because who cares.

Content: I'm almost out of hand soap in the bathroom so I bought a three pack of Mrs. Meyers basil scented hand soap. I hope this doesn't outrage a bunch of goons.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Basil is good in food, bad outside of food.

Today I bought $50 worth of dog treats because my dogs get more love and care than I do. And spark plugs for my car because it's been... a long time and a lot of miles since I even checked them, so I figure I might as well spend $15 and replace them when I check them. And some razor blades, I ran out of them and it's kind of hard to cut carpet and such without them.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Some new clothes from Marks because I have a gorgeous date tomorrow.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Turambar posted:

Depends on what you need it for. I have a Salomon Advanced Skin S-Lab 5. It's perfect for trail running, but not cheap.

Exactly what I am looking for. Can it carry supplies, like basic first aid, phone, and some clif bars and stuff?

arts and craps
Nov 20, 2011

Blendy posted:

Ha cool homophobic comment about some generic looking boat shoes. PCOS Bill you're why I still read these forums everyday.

So you just assume that the only people who use gloryholes are gay men? Who's the homophobe now? Retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

College Slice
I didn't know my shoe purchase would cause such a ruckus. I kinda took it as a "Hey grandpa, lose the lame-o kicks and get yourself some of this poo poo"...

Its OK though cause I pretty much am a lame-o with my plain old shoes.