Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I had somebody post a comment on one of my videos once and it made me feel pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My favourite comment was when someone got upset at me for not playing Mario's Time Machine properly

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
My favorite comment was a woman who accused me of using bad language in a video with a Barney & Thomas game (done for how bad the emulation was making Barney sound possessed and making Thomas impossible to complete). The worst word I used in my video was Hell. She was telling me I should flag my own video to keep kids from stumbling on it since her 3 year old had "accidentally" come across it several time. She claimed she was watching what her child was watching but then, it wouldn't have happened more then once.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
comments are terrible. i'm pretty sure i just disable them on every video.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

comments are terrible. i'm pretty sure i just disable them on every video.

You're missing out on all the great Dash Rendar bar stories people could come up with.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I only want to hear the bar stories that all you loveable goons come up with :unsmith:

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!
I used to have Rainbow Six Rogue Spear videos on my channel and one of the videos took place in the Kosovo level where I had comments featuring political bickering between Serbians and Kosovans. It's funny because that's another reoccurring theme among video game videos where I once saw a Civilization V video where someone was playing as Washington and oddly enough people were talking about communism in the comments.

I don't get it, isn't that what places like D&D are for? Why Youtube Let's Play comments?

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

mateo360 posted:

My favorite comment...

"Paedophilia is okay" at least fifty times.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Captain Sheepy posted:

I don't get it, isn't that what places like D&D are for? Why Youtube Let's Play comments?

The concept of forums quite possibly doesn't occur to a lot of people.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

The concept of forums quite possibly doesn't occur to a lot of people.

Forums are kinda old fashioned at this point, I'd imagine. Most people are more familiar with terrible comment fields and various instant messaging, I bet.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Well, let them stay on their Facebooks and Twitters and Youtubes then. I'll post on forums, tyvm.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Look, if y'all are gettin so many terrible comments, maybe it's time to step back and evaluate the real root of the problem. Like, if all those Lp stars who are terrible get bad comments, then maybe you are terrible too and get the comments you deserve? Ever think of that, hmmmm?

My youtube comments are good btw and I treasure each of them :3:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tin Tim posted:

Look, if y'all are gettin so many terrible comments, maybe it's time to step back and evaluate the real root of the problem. Like, if all those Lp stars who are terrible get bad comments, then maybe you are terrible too and get the comments you deserve? Ever think of that, hmmmm?

My youtube comments are good btw and I treasure each of them :3:

I refute this claim. The vast majority of the comments I get are great, but I'm objectively and measurably garbage at lp :colbert:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Yeah well, we all know you get carried by Grace so my point kinda works :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tin Tim posted:

Yeah well, we all know you get carried by Grace so my point kinda works :v:

:iceburn:

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.

Tin Tim posted:

I dunno, most comments are pretty awful all-around, regardless what the uploader does.

I watched SuperGreatFriend's latest stream video on YouTube, seeing how I missed the stream, and a good portion of the comments are throwing a huge fit over the chatbox.

Over someone talking about dresses during that Laser Lords game. Remember, talk about video games all stream, every stream, or else.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I am lucky to have attracted an erudite audience and thusly the comments sections for the videos are utopias of free-thinking and intellectualism unseen since the forums of Rome. #humblebrag

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

judge reinhold posted:

I am lucky to have attracted an erudite audience and thusly the comments sections for the videos are utopias of free-thinking and intellectualism unseen since the forums of Rome. #humblebrag

i'm going to start commenting on your videos.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i think he's talking about his anonymous personal channel.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

muike posted:

i think he's talking about his anonymous personal channel.

He's secretly making a historical in-joke because Roman forums were also full of self-important people bickering about nothing of any real importance.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Friends, forum, senate and to the people of Rome, I ask of thee: Bring back the Blasting Arena!

wait poo poo not that kind of forum

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Friends, forum, senate and to the people of Rome, I ask of thee: Pull my finger!

I couldn't resist.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

Tin Tim posted:

Look, if y'all are gettin so many terrible comments, maybe it's time to step back and evaluate the real root of the problem.

My dulcet British tones must have a pied piper effect over rapists and paedophiles... from now on I will talk more like a prison warden! That'll fix it!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Mr DJB posted:

My dulcet British tones must have a pied piper effect over rapists and paedophiles... from now on I will talk more like a prison warden! That'll fix it!

Well assuming you went to prison after your Guy Game video you are going to learn from the real thing right? If not you should at least start your own inflation adventure :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pewdiepie seems fed up with his fanbase. Also, this is loving hilarious.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hey so as far as youtubers playing horror games with webcams go, HarshlyCritical is pretty good. He doesn't overplay his emotions like a shreaking banshee and when he's surprised, it's underplayed and genuine. His series on a weird indie game called "Spooky's House of Jump Scares" is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HarshlyCritical

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So his fan sent him something it sounds like he would say in a video and that upset him?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Getting $4 million a year but having dumb comments sent to you sometimes is truly a Monkey's Paw-esque fate. I pray for Pewd to find the strength to carry on somehow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lazyfire posted:

So his fan sent him something it sounds like he would say in a video and that upset him?

He doesn't deserve this, Lazyfire! Please pray for Felix.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

judge reinhold posted:

Getting $4 million a year but having dumb comments sent to you sometimes is truly a Monkey's Paw-esque fate. I pray for Pewd to find the strength to carry on somehow.

Felix typically translates to "lucky" but he carries a dreadful curse

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lazyfire posted:

He produces his poo poo but is not used to eating it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Looked at her profile. I'm guessing he's upset because she's too old for his tastes?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Hey so as far as youtubers playing horror games with webcams go, HarshlyCritical is pretty good. He doesn't overplay his emotions like a shreaking banshee and when he's surprised, it's underplayed and genuine. His series on a weird indie game called "Spooky's House of Jump Scares" is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/HarshlyCritical

I like this guy! I am not that bothered by the facecam because he doesn't abuse it by making it absolutely gigantic and hamming up his visual response to ~spooks~. Also, he is not a moron, so he doesn't put it in a place where it's covering up the goddamn hud like almost every other Youtube facecam LPer ever.

Like, take this random Five Nights at Freddy's video I pulled up for example. He put the facecam under the flashlight thing where there are no hud elements ever so that it wouldn't get in the way of the actual game. We need more people like this man and then maybe facecams won't be garbage for garbage Youtubers.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 17, 2015

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Are there any competent Don't Starve playthroughs out there? Blind or not. It was a hard game for me to progress at, and all the videos I ever saw were annoying people stumbling around and failing worse than I did, so it would be interesting to see someone handle their poo poo.

Actually, suggestions for any competent playthroughs of roguelike games would be welcome, now that I think about it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I mean, if you want to go down that rabbit-hole, Northernlion's a very competent and informed Binding of Isaac player.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Jamesman posted:

Are there any competent Don't Starve playthroughs out there? Blind or not. It was a hard game for me to progress at, and all the videos I ever saw were annoying people stumbling around and failing worse than I did, so it would be interesting to see someone handle their poo poo.

Actually, suggestions for any competent playthroughs of roguelike games would be welcome, now that I think about it.
http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/162

Also agent355 did kind of a megathread of roguelikes back in the day and some of them were pretty enjoyable, like DoomRL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4037YoQDUes

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

CJacobs posted:

I like this guy! I am not that bothered by the facecam because he doesn't abuse it by making it absolutely gigantic and hamming up his visual response to ~spooks~. Also, he is not a moron, so he doesn't put it in a place where it's covering up the goddamn hud like almost every other Youtube facecam LPer ever.

Like, take this random Five Nights at Freddy's video I pulled up for example. He put the facecam under the flashlight thing where there are no hud elements ever so that it wouldn't get in the way of the actual game. We need more people like this man and then maybe facecams won't be garbage for garbage Youtubers.

hahahahaha this dude fuckin' owns

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Anyone who bothers editing their videos to skip dead air/aimless wandering gets points right off the bat. HarshlyCritical rocks.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcTugr4bRs

This isn't so much of an LP, but more of a non-commentary long play of all the in-game cutscenes.

There's a version with the fights cut out too, for those that don't want to see the gameplay element.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZwsZukb2LM

As a complete movie it actually works pretty well, if not a little cheesy and contrived (just like the full motion movies!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Roman Reigns posted:

Anyone who bothers editing their videos to skip dead air/aimless wandering gets points right off the bat. HarshlyCritical rocks.

I just randomly saw some of his RE4 Mercenaries videos, and while I think he's ok to listen to/watch, he is not that good at this whole 'staying alive' thing. Odd how you had just mentioned him, and I happened to come across his stuff.

• Locked thread