Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Wait I should have 1 litter box since I have zero cats?
Lifehack: roommate always blocking the only bathroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DemeaninDemon posted:

Wait I should have 1 litter box since I have zero cats?

Yes. :colbert:

Do not question crazy cat lady math, it only makes things worse.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Dude you never know when a cool rear end cat is gonna be like "hey you're my pet now, got any food?"
It's more likely than you think!

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Angela Christine posted:

Lifehack: Cat making GBS threads in inappropriate places?
Shoot it in its dumb face. Cats are assholes and not to be trusted, dogs are the greatest ever.

:colbert:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
you ever notice how cat people are like "oh yeah dogs are cool too but cats are great" and dog people are like "CATS ARE loving EVIL THEY ARE LITERALLY THE DEVIL INCARNATE AND DESERVE TO DIE ONLY DOGS SHOULD LIVE DEATH TO ALL FELINES"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Little Mac syndrome. Cat people have a way higher population on the internet since dogs encourage people to go outside and run around, whereas owning a cat encourages people to video them and upload it to youtube.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Lifehack: Force a dog person to interact with used kitty litter and they will become a cat person whether they want to or not! :toxogond:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

InediblePenguin posted:

you ever notice how cat people are like "oh yeah dogs are cool too but cats are great" and dog people are like "CATS ARE loving EVIL THEY ARE LITERALLY THE DEVIL INCARNATE AND DESERVE TO DIE ONLY DOGS SHOULD LIVE DEATH TO ALL FELINES"

I hate dogs and the only thing keeping me from kicking any stupid dog I see in its stupid dopey face is the fact I would be no better than a dog owner if I gave into that sweet temptation. Kill all dogs.

Cats are the best animal. They are fluffy and small.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Screaming Idiot posted:

They are fluffy and small.

Being a dog, and being fluffy/small are not mutually exclusive.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Cats are generally quiet also you don't have to get up first thing in the morning and walk them, you can just lie in bed. If you have an auto feeder or have made an effort to disassociate you feeding them with getting up, the cat may not even wake you up!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cat Hatter posted:

Being a dog, and being fluffy/small are not mutually exclusive.

All good cats are fluffy and small. A dog that is fluffy and small is merely a large breed of rodent to feed to a cat.

Also, cats are quiet. Even vocal cats are more quiet than dogs.

Lifehack: Throw your dog in the garbage and adopt a cat. If the dog tries to come back in call the police, the dog wants to steal your valuables.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Plus, if you get tired of your cat you can just put it back then reach in the dumpster and pull out a brand new cat.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Cats are our most precious and abundant natural resource. They also make for a clean-burning fuel, but please, do not burn your cats.

Burn your dogs instead. Before they burn you.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Screaming Idiot posted:

All good cats are fluffy and small. A dog that is fluffy and small is merely a large breed of rodent to feed to a cat.

Lifehack: Throw your dog in the garbage and adopt a cat. If the dog tries to come back in call the police, the dog wants to steal your valuables.

Trust me, you don't have to tell the police that it's doing something. The fact that it's a dog is already a death sentence.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Real quick, go find me a cat that will keep the entire drat neighborhood awake because it heard a squirrel fart three blocks away.

Seriously though, everyone I've ever met who had a cat/s that "kept pooping all over the house, I just don't know what to do" had one litter box for multiple cats and scooped it like once a week. I will never understand this. We had one box for two cats when I was growing up, it got scooped every morning before I went to school, and the cats never peed anywhere else unless they were sick. NOT DIFFICULT.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Sex Hobbit posted:

Real quick, go find me a cat that will keep the entire drat neighborhood awake because it heard a squirrel fart three blocks away.

thats because if you have cats every single squirrel for 6 blocks is dead, as well as birds. They are destructive little bastards. I say this as a proud cat and dog owner.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The rise of coyote populations in suburban and exurban communities in New England has been hugely beneficial to migratory birds, because cats either stay inside or get picked off.

There still aren't significant coyote populations in my city, but they're probably coming. Wild turkeys are everywhere around here now.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Look at all these fools. The best pets are clearly bunnies. Sheesh.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Darth Freddy posted:

thats because if you have cats every single squirrel for 6 blocks is dead, as well as birds. They are destructive little bastards. I say this as a proud cat and dog owner.

We have a cat. He has a short leash for when he wants to go outside. Fucker must attract mice and rabbits to him for how many he manages to kill each spring and summer. He's on a 6 foot leash that's pegged into the ground when he isn't being taken for a walk, I'm surprised the local vermin haven't started referring to that area as the circle of death.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

bunnyofdoom posted:

Look at all these fools. The best pets are clearly bunnies. Sheesh.

True. You could cook the bunny when you're done with it, too.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Randalor posted:

He's on a 6 foot leash that's pegged into the ground when he isn't being taken for a walk.

:catstare: Can you elaborate on this? Are you sure it's a cat and not some sort of small dog or pony?

Also, I bought a cast iron pan off a catboot last year. Best. Purchase. Ever. Seriously, sand it down with some steel wire, wipe it in fat, leave it in the oven on the top heat for a couple of hours, take it out and never wash it again. It shouldn't smoke, you may have forgotten to take the factory coating off if it was new.

#lifehacks Catboots are fantastic, over the past year I've spent about £18 and that got me a giant Le Creuset enamelled roasting dish, an enamelled crock pot type thing with no lid and an awesome frying pan. Still looking for a saucepan but I'll find one eventually. They're so heavy that people buy them, realise they can't be bothered to lift them and so sell them for pennies.

Nettle Soup has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Jan 17, 2015

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously all that chat about a cat? I just close the bathroom door all the time and he shits where he should.

P.S. rescue cat so his prev. owner likely trained something b/c he's usually right on the drain.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Nettle Soup posted:

:catstare: Can you elaborate on this? Are you sure it's a cat and not some sort of small dog or pony?

Also, I bought a cast iron pan off a catboot last year. Best. Purchase. Ever. Seriously, sand it down with some steel wire, wipe it in fat, leave it in the oven on the top heat for a couple of hours, take it out and never wash it again. It shouldn't smoke, you may have forgotten to take the factory coating off if it was new.

#lifehacks Catboots are fantastic, over the past year I've spent about £18 and that got me a giant Le Creuset enamelled roasting dish, an enamelled crock pot type thing with no lid and an awesome frying pan. Still looking for a saucepan but I'll find one eventually. They're so heavy that people buy them, realise they can't be bothered to lift them and so sell them for pennies.

Man, you're going to have to explain Catboots for me

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Carboots, i.e. car boot sales, i.e. places where you drive up with a carload of poo poo you want rid of and people buy it off you.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
In the States they're called flea markets because you can reasonably expect the majority of the participants to be parasite-ridden

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

thespaceinvader posted:

Carboots, i.e. car boot sales, i.e. places where you drive up with a carload of poo poo you want rid of and people buy it off you.

I got carboots, I was just wondering if catboots was something weird and different, or some cool quirky British slang that hasn't been in a Guy Ritchie movie yet

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

All the cats got into my head. :suicide:

Nettle Soup has a new favorite as of 14:00 on Jan 17, 2015

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

I see you have not met enough Siamese cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSYm1NPHP4

This for approx 90 mins to 2 hours per day, spread out across all 24 hours.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Funny, none of the 8 Siamese cats I've known have ever done that unless they're being driven to the vet or whatever.

You must have gotten one from a bad batch. It's no problem though, look up thread for tips on resolving this issue.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

ladron posted:

I got carboots, I was just wondering if catboots was something weird and different, or some cool quirky British slang that hasn't been in a Guy Ritchie movie yet

I was just assuming it was like a carboot, but all merchandise was transported/displayed in hollowed out cats.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nettle Soup posted:

When he wants to go outside, we have a leash that we attach him to so he doesn't run out into the street or into the garden and so we can keep an eye on him. Either he'll sit under the van watching birds or hide in the long grass and try to eat the birds/mice/bunnies/dogs.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Cat leaches aren't very weird, some cats have a lot of energy and curiosity, so taking them outside on a leash is better than them trying to run out of the door every time your open it.

The reaction you get from your cat when you first put the harness on them is pretty funny.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Life hack! You can like whatever you want, don't listen to anyone else's opinions, and don't share yours with others. World peace achieved.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Lonely Virgil posted:

Cat leaches aren't very weird, some cats have a lot of energy and curiosity

LifeHack: Put leaches on your cat to drain them of energy.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
A leash may leach a cat's energy but that's what it gets for trying to leech off you all the time when you are enjoying delicious lychee nuts.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
I've tried a leash on both my cats. I think they would prefer leeches.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Karma Monkey posted:

I've tried a leash on both my cats. I think they would prefer leeches.

My cat will handle a leash. He walks around for a bit and then promptly lays down.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I have opinions about cats and dogs.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Just get a couple rats. They are the legit best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

moerketid posted:

I see you have not met enough Siamese cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSYm1NPHP4

This for approx 90 mins to 2 hours per day, spread out across all 24 hours.

Is it weird that I freaking love their little weird voices? The little one is clearly freaked out by the big one.

My cat freaks out when I'm in the shower, too. She isn't afraid of water and I've had her since she was little so I know she has no traumatic experiences with water; she just hates when I'm in the shower. She's never been very vocal, just gets loud when she's hungry or I'm in the shower. Once I turn off the water, she walks away like nothing has happened. Occasionally she'll be extra affectionate because she's just so relieved that I survived the big water monster.

Life hack: if your cat does this, try not talking to it. Mine quiets down after a few minutes if I don't say anything.