Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Reading the page on corellians highlights the star wars 'everyone is their whole race thing' only thing it was missing was saying all corellians wore vests.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian

quote:

Corellians were often considered intrepid and maverick by other Core peoples, spawning expressions warning against telling a Corellian the odds for success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

fancy sauces posted:

Still reading through this thread, but has anyone mentioned these dudes yet? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T%27landa_Til

Sentient rhinos with psychic horns that make people feel like they're on ecstasy. The rhinos bring space tourists to a planet and then brainwash them into joining their slave-cult, and then have them harvest space-drugs from spiderwebs. Han Solo had to rescue his then GF from a space rhino Jim Jones with the help of a cat man named Muuurgh. I actually remember that one being fairly decent.

I remember that one, I think it was pretty decent because it was a pulpy "Drug smuggler gets in over his head with a Space cartel" story with no greater Saving the Galaxy implications. It was part one of a Han Solo origin trilogy, I don't think I ever read the other two and I'm sure there was some hilarious retconning to make it fit into continuity since it was set in the prequel era but was written before the prequels came out.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
why didn't they make an ewok cartoon to compete with MLP they could have a all female voice cast and 1 song and dance number per episode. They could also just use ewoks to make a smurfs knock off.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

david... posted:

Reading the page on corellians highlights the star wars 'everyone is their whole race thing' only thing it was missing was saying all corellians wore vests.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellian

That's really loving lame

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

TOILETLORD posted:

why didn't they make an ewok cartoon to compete with MLP they could have a all female voice cast and 1 song and dance number per episode. They could also just use ewoks to make a smurfs knock off.

They already did an Ewoks cartoon. And Droids, but that one was shorter lived. I used to have a pair of Ewoks roller skates when I was in like, kindergarten. And I think I have a sheet of stickers from the cartoon around somewhere.

I guess it wasn't popular enough to justify a revival. All I really remember is a little of the theme song, but that's mostly because it was just the Yub Nub song with lyrics.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

TVs Ian posted:

They already did an Ewoks cartoon. And Droids, but that one was shorter lived. I used to have a pair of Ewoks roller skates when I was in like, kindergarten. And I think I have a sheet of stickers from the cartoon around somewhere.

I guess it wasn't popular enough to justify a revival. All I really remember is a little of the theme song, but that's mostly because it was just the Yub Nub song with lyrics.

ollllllllllllllllllld, are you

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody detail this so I can laugh at it.

I dont know if I made that up or not. Star Wars EU is scary like that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

i just want a series that follows gilad palleon or jag fel on their journeys

Maybe Max Von Sydow's character in Episode 7 will be Pellaeon.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

TOILETLORD posted:

ollllllllllllllllllld, are you

Yup. I have vague memories of watching Droids: The Great Heep on my grandparents' TV (no cable, just an antenna).

Oddly enough, I never had Star Wars toys as a kid other than those skates. I was more into Transformers and He-Man, at least until I got my NES.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TVs Ian posted:

Yup. I have vague memories of watching Droids: The Great Heep on my grandparents' TV (no cable, just an antenna).

Oddly enough, I never had Star Wars toys as a kid other than those skates. I was more into Transformers and He-Man, at least until I got my NES.

It was strongly implied that the war between the Silentium and the Abominor were the source of the Yuuzhan Vong's technophobia, suggesting that they were the race which invaded Yuuzhan'tar in the past. This link was finally made into canon in the Official Blog article The Droids Re-Animated, Part 2, by Rich Handley and Abel G. Peņa on July 5th, 2013.

lol

freethought
Feb 24, 2011
How come Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru talked like they knew Luke's dad considering they only met him once?

Why did Beru think Luke was too much like his father? From her extremely limited knowledge he was just some douchebag jedi who liked murdering sand people.

And why would Owen be afraid Luke would follow Ben in some drat fool crusade just like his father? His father literally never did that, he whined every time Ben asked him to pass the salt. Either way Owen would have no way of knowing this since he only met Ben after Anakin died.

When did he start calling himself Ben anyway?

Come to think of it, didn't C-3PO work on Owens farm for years before Anakin came back in Episode II? So Owen and Beru retain these intimate memories of a guy they met for a couple of hours yet totally forget owning and dealing with the gayest droid in the galaxy for years?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

quote:

KT-10 was an astromech droid with a programmed female personality. She was captured by the giant droid known as the Great Heep on Biitu, and she and fellow astromech R2-D2 became romantically interested in each other while the two were being held captive in the Heep's droid harem.

fuckin lol it just doesn't stop getting worse and worse

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freethought posted:

How come Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru talked like they knew Luke's dad considering they only met him once?

Why did Beru think Luke was too much like his father? From her extremely limited knowledge he was just some douchebag jedi who liked murdering sand people.

And why would Owen be afraid Luke would follow Ben in some drat fool crusade just like his father? His father literally never did that, he whined every time Ben asked him to pass the salt. Either way Owen would have no way of knowing this since he only met Ben after Anakin died.

Come to think of it, didn't C-3PO work on Owens farm for years before Anakin came back in Episode II? So Owen and Beru retain these intimate memories of a guy they met for a couple of hours yet totally forget owning and dealing with the gayest droid in the galaxy for years?

Cause the prequels are asinine burning toxic waste dumps.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

oohhboy posted:

Cause the prequels are asinine burning toxic waste dumps.

That and everyone knows Georgie had no idea what the clone wars was, who Anakin was before (except for 'good friend' and 'best fighter pilot in the galaxy'), who the gently caress Qui Gon Gin was (like when ghost Obi-wan talks about Yoda training him), etc. etc.. He completely just made poo poo up when it came to the prequels and didn't even worry about how it didn't fit.

edit: mentioning ghost Obi wan talking about Yoda training him, I'm VERY surprised they didn't dub over Alec Guinness' lines with "Was I any different when -Qui Gon- taught me?"

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 18, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Munns are the space bankers fyi.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

KiddieGrinder posted:

edit: mentioning ghost Obi wan talking about Yoda training him, I'm VERY surprised they didn't dub over Alec Guinness' lines with "Was I any different when -Qui Gon- taught me?"

They handled this sort of by showing Yoda teach Jedi Kindergarten. Which is still dumb, why would obi Wan compare how he was at 6 or w/e to Luke?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Otisburg posted:

They handled this sort of by showing Yoda teach Jedi Kindergarten. Which is still dumb, why would obi Wan compare how he was at 6 or w/e to Luke?

I hated the kid jedi having the same blaster helmet and little flying droids that they jury rigged for Luke's training sequence.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I hated the kid jedi having the same blaster helmet and little flying droids that they jury rigged for Luke's training sequence.

Well you see, these moisture farmer robes also just happen to be the same outfit as the Jedi.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

redshirt posted:

Well you see, these moisture farmer robes also just happen to be the same outfit as the Jedi.

I guess it makes a lot of sense that when trying to maintain a low profile you'd wear your official outfit and fill your house full of training gear, live 20 minutes away from a force sensitive then use none of it to train him until he just randomly shows up at your door.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jace Madan posted:

Not that I know of. In the "Republic Commando" book series a Clone Commando and a Jedi have a kid and later it becomes a Mandalorian.

Guess who wrote that. :allears:

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

effectual posted:

Guess who wrote that. :allears:

Karen Traviss!!!

Also I forgot the book features a Jedi Knight who defects and also becomes a Mandalorian, as well as some shape-shifting alien spy-dog.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

fuckin lol it just doesn't stop getting worse and worse

I was about to call you an rear end in a top hat for making fun of a droid character that was made in honor of a little girl that died of cancer, then I quickly realized you were talking about another KT droid.

Meet R2-KT. She was also in an episode of Clone war.

http://www.r2kt.com/

"November 13, 2004: a little girl named Katie Johnson was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It was a sad, sad day to be sure. Her father, Albin Johnson, was the founder of the 501st Legion, a Star Wars costuming fan club that did charity work all over the world. Over 4000 501st Legion members and countless more Star Wars fans rallied together to support the ailing child. "

This is the only good thing that came out of the star wars community.

Hingehead fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 18, 2015

Smerdyakov
Jul 8, 2008

Hingehead posted:

I was about to call you an rear end in a top hat for making fun of a droid character that was made in honor of a little girl that died of cancer, then I quickly realized you were talking about another KT droid.

"November 13, 2004: a little girl named Katie Johnson was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It was a sad, sad day to be sure. Her father, Albin Johnson, was the founder of the 501st Legion, a Star Wars costuming fan club that did charity work all over the world. Over 4000 501st Legion members and countless more Star Wars fans rallied together to support the ailing child. "

Also Dengar's EU adventures were p. cool sometimes. For example, did you know scientists cut out the part of his brain that can feel love?

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Hingehead posted:

I dunno man, I see stuff like that and think, well that sure is a memorial to her father's love of star wars.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

freethought posted:

all throwaway lines since the movie was most liekly to never make it past one movie at the time.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

freethought posted:

because all that stuff was all you needed to know about the star wars backstory at the time for the movie to work effectively, and then george lucas went and hosed it up because he's a giant hack

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Just do yourself a solid and ignore the prequels ever happening. Enjoy your three classic movies and ignore all this hideous nerd poo poo, for the love of god.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Just do yourself a solid and ignore the prequels ever happening. Enjoy your three classic movies and ignore all this hideous nerd poo poo, for the love of god.

clone wars

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those guys who run around pretending to be stormtroopers are really loving weird.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The original movies are hideous nerd poo poo. Just a bit more focused and better than the prequels, and with the exception of Empire, not by a lot. Revel in the retardedness of Star Wars and just accept it.

That being said, most of the EU is worse than even the most retarded of official Star Wars.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Smerdyakov posted:

Also Dengar's EU adventures were p. cool sometimes. For example, did you know scientists cut out the part of his brain that can feel love?

Dengar you mummy gently caress.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Those guys who run around pretending to be stormtroopers are really loving weird.

they're all too chicken to dress up as nazis so they have to be space nazis

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

When are we going to get our Ed Wood style movie about George Lucas tripping over himself making the prequels

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I guess it makes a lot of sense that when trying to maintain a low profile you'd wear your official outfit and fill your house full of training gear, live 20 minutes away from a force sensitive then use none of it to train him until he just randomly shows up at your door.

lol you're upset about this but aren't even mentioning they gave Luke his father's surname - the father they're trying to hide him from.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

lol you're upset about this but aren't even mentioning they gave Luke his father's surname - the father they're trying to hide him from.

but it's not like they have a public service records depository for non empire worlds or an internet to look up sky walkers. Maybe skywalker is like the smith of last names and there are literall several million luke sky walkers on tatooine.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

but it's not like they have a public service records depository for non empire worlds or an internet to look up sky walkers. Maybe skywalker is like the smith of last names and there are literall several million luke sky walkers on tatooine.

Skywalker was Shmi's name, I assume, as Anakin had no father.

Perhaps it's a slave name.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

Skywalker was Shmi's name, I assume, as Anakin had no father.

Perhaps it's a slave name.

could be the quivalent of john doe, that would be funny.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sky walker bring the common man of the SW universe would be cool

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
they should remake clerks, but make it star wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

they should remake clerks, but make it star wars.

"Death Star Contractors"

• Locked thread