Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

6 "Powers of the C'Tan" Cards huh? Looks like Necrons are getting psykers, or an identical rules equivalent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheChirurgeon posted:

6 "Powers of the C'Tan" Cards huh? Looks like Necrons are getting psykers, or an identical rules equivalent
Or like IG orders. I'm okay with them having some weird not-psychic equivalent, or at least something to do in that phase.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

SRM posted:

Or like IG orders. I'm okay with them having some weird not-psychic equivalent, or at least something to do in that phase.

It's more a problem with having a psychic phase, really (or creating a phase that multiple armies can't do anything during). Yeah, hopefully they aren't just re-skinned psychic powers.

Do the orders have cards?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The orders at least had cards when the codex came out; I've got a set.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Orders have cards.

If they were Psychic powers there'd be seven of them.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

It's likely some random D6 table in card form. They did the same with the DE combat drugs.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
I should have known the orders would be packaged and available for $24.99. Good point about there being 7 for psychic powers, though.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
:siren: Attention LordAba :siren:

I have painted up two of your generous donations to the Tyranid cause! No longer will I have metal models falling on their head all day! You are a saint and the Hive Mind thanks you!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

PierreTheMime posted:

I have painted up two of your generous donations to the Tyranid cause! No longer will I have metal models falling on their head all day! You are a saint and the Hive Mind thanks you!

Those look rad. Good job!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

PierreTheMime posted:

I'm loving the sharp contrast of pale flesh and red carapace. I do kind of feel that the squiggly brain bits could pop a bit more--their color is pretty similar to the carapace.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

Sweet sassy mo'lassy those look good! You must have painted those guys pretty fast, too. The only bad thing about the finecast ones is that they tend to be weak at the tail (same with the metal version, to be fair)... Hopefully they will last you a long time!

This weekend may be the last time I use zoanthropes for a while. So far I am 2 for 2 on games where zoanthropes in a droppod do nothing. I am also 2 for 2 on my hive tyrants rolling warp blast and either failing the manifest or missing.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

I'm loving the sharp contrast of pale flesh and red carapace. I do kind of feel that the squiggly brain bits could pop a bit more--their color is pretty similar to the carapace.

I concur. A Deneb stone drybrush followed by a red glaze would work wonders on the brain.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Anyone ever bought these bases?

I was wondering if they have similar bezel size to GW bases, and if there is hollow space under them similar to GW ones. I need bike bases for my converted horse-bikers but I like the uniform edge of GW edges and there is enough space under for me to glue my magnets under them without much pain. Their texture is not really a big deal since I will sand and rock them anyway.

On another note, do you guys know a nice but still cheap place to get new Chaos pads? I can bit order the classic CSM pads but some variety would be nice. I know places like puppets of war and other premium bit sites have them but they are too rich for my blood.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Does that say $165 for the Cryptek edition???

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ghetto wormhole posted:

Does that say $165 for the Cryptek edition???

Yes?

So, how badly will the mindshackle scarabs be nerfed? I vote no point change, but only a normal leadership check.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

LordAba posted:

Yes?

So, how badly will the mindshackle scarabs be nerfed? I vote no point change, but only a normal leadership check.

Have all the special editions been that expensive? That's brutal even by GW standards.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Does anyone have instructions to the Stormtalon that they could scan and share? Or would that be :filez: ?

I bought one off a local ham, and it looks pretty straightforward, but I don't want to mess anything up. I promise to post pictures when it's done.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ghetto wormhole posted:

Have all the special editions been that expensive? That's brutal even by GW standards.

Blood angels was the same price.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I love reading rumors that are obviously fake. Some guy claimed that Resurrection Protocols are no more, which would be a bit silly given the recent release of the Mephrit Dynasty detachment that lets you reroll 1s on RP.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah I seriously doubt they lose the Rez protocols, but I could see it being replaced for something a bit easier, like not taking place at the end of the phase but instead immediately or something to that effect.

The Tomb Awakened could be similar to the Space Wolf thing they got with the formations etc...

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 18, 2015

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Then it would literally be FnP. If anything is going to change, it'd probably get changed back to happening at the end of the turn instead of each phase.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was make a roll and a random number of models getting back up. 1 roll for the whole unit that suffered casualties basically.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
$34 Canadian for a robot skeleton holding a scythe and a ball. One guy.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

They like, don't even understand that they make toys anymore. They have forgotten what miniatures are.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Enentol posted:

Does anyone have instructions to the Stormtalon that they could scan and share? Or would that be :filez: ?

I bought one off a local ham, and it looks pretty straightforward, but I don't want to mess anything up. I promise to post pictures when it's done.

Pm me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

They used to be double the base price.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

They like, don't even understand that they make toys anymore. They have forgotten what miniatures are.

Because they're selling small, jewel-like objects of magic and wonder that we call Citadel miniatures, NOT crappy plastic toys.

e. No plastic Cryptek, really? Or even a loving destroyer lord instead of yet another overlord? gently caress.

Sweet limited edition box though. Would have been sweeter with a matching Cryptek kit.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 18, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Because they're selling small, jewel-like objects of magic and wonder that we call Citadel miniatures, NOT crappy plastic toys.

e. No plastic Cryptek, really? Or even a loving destroyer lord instead of yet another overlord? gently caress.

Sweet limited edition box though. Would have been sweeter with a matching Cryptek kit.

It's only the first week. :ssh:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

ijyt posted:

It's only the first week. :ssh:
Grey Knights say hi :colbert:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
looking forward to the schadenfreude

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

HiveCommander posted:

Grey Knights say hi :colbert:

Actually good point, don't see the reason for many new plastics for Necrons as they've already got a bunch of neat models.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ijyt posted:

Actually good point, don't see the reason for many new plastics for Necrons as they've already got a bunch of neat models.

That's why I was hoping for a Cryptek kit. It doesn't matter too much, because GW probably couldn't top Guitartek.

And the new boxed set content.

If Preatorian/Lychguards don't suck balls anymore, then the contents are pretty sweet.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

No PMs. :(

I'm at username @ gmail . com

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
There's a Dutch guy selling the all-metal Thunderhawk on the 40K Facebook groups...800 Euro!

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

krushgroove posted:

There's a Dutch guy selling the all-metal Thunderhawk on the 40K Facebook groups...800 Euro!

Probably 80% postage.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

Is that 0101-1000 supposed to be the limited edition numbering because if so they need to look up how binary works.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Shallow posted:

Is that 0101-1000 supposed to be the limited edition numbering because if so they need to look up how binary works.

Nope they're correct, it's very limited.

To 8.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Shallow posted:

What does binary have to do with numbering things out of a thousand??

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Yeah I was pretty sure I paid like $100-120 for the space marines limited edition codex, just so I could get my black templar bro on the cover, and that was when I was swimmin in disposable income. Still, the girlfriend plays Necrons, and this would make a mighty fine present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

A minor codex update to 7th with a few rule changes is exactly what the Necron's need, the 5th book is still completely 100% viable. So hopefully not to many changes will be made and there will be a downshifting o points on some things.

• Locked thread