Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gandi is awful

but i had to use them to register the european tld i needed to buy myfirstna.me

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

the rats are fleeing

http://www.businessinsider.com/ex-googler-tons-of-engineers-want-to-leave-google-2015-1

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lol the 4th paragraph says its an annual thing after the bonuses

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Shaggar posted:

I didn't even know that was a thing. why would you ever host anything w/ goog

why would you depend on anything from goog that you'd like to use in 5 years time?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

https://medium.com/backchannel/google-search-will-be-your-next-brain-5207c26e4523

oh shut the gently caress upppppp

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Shaggar posted:

I didn't even know that was a thing. why would you ever host anything w/ goog

p sure its a new opportunity 2day

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hahahahahahahahahahahabahahabahahahababahahahahahahabahabahahahahahah

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=82949#c483

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

what a poo poo show

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Progressive JPEG posted:

Just use gandi

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

kalstrams posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahabahahabahahahababahahahahahahabahabahahahahahah

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=82949#c483

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

holy poo poo

is there actually android customer support?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

democraticleftalliancespants.com???

jaroslawaleksanderkaczynskidayspants.institute???????

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
if i'm looking for "butt" domain, why would it offer me "tit", "titty", "bosom" and "knocker" domains.

it's like it doesn't realize the tits/rear end schism

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

PleasureKevin posted:

holy poo poo

is there actually android customer support?

no, there are just random forums around google domains where you can leave feedback to be only read by other people also wanting to leave feedback.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wheany posted:

if i'm looking for "butt" domain, why would it offer me "tit", "titty", "bosom" and "knocker" domains.

it's like it doesn't realize the tits/rear end schism

yea pretty straight forward, tits are really good and rear end is second class. its really all about the tits. rear end men are subhuman, and, honstly? PRobably stupid in real life

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Smythe posted:

yea pretty straight forward, tits are really good and rear end is second class. its really all about the tits. rear end men are subhuman, and, honstly? PRobably stupid in real life

well, regardless of your objectively wrong (and stupid) opinion, google should suggest domains with words like "rear" or "rump" or "buns"

unless all rear end-related domains have been taken already (due to their superiority)

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Smythe posted:

unsurprisingly, Smythe knows whats up

ufarn
May 30, 2009
i've only ever received support for the ads system, and the customer support there is blazingly effective. it's loving hilarious how obvious they make it their only priority

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

i remember when i did babby's first AI project (a limit holdem bot) i got mocked, moreso than usually, for using neural nets because genetic algorithms and pure bayesian networks were the future YET my NN outperformed all other bots after i switched from monte carlo simulations to a 9GB lookup table and fed it ~4GB of pokertracker data

lemme tell ya i made DOZENS of dollars off that fucker

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Smythe posted:

but guys don't have tits?!?!

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

entropy9

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Forums Terrorist posted:

but guys don't have tits?!?!
stop hanging out with swole fucks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

newreply.php posted:

i remember when i did babby's first AI project (a limit holdem bot) i got mocked, moreso than usually, for using neural nets because genetic algorithms and pure bayesian networks were the future YET my NN outperformed all other bots after i switched from monte carlo simulations to a 9GB lookup table and fed it ~4GB of pokertracker data

lemme tell ya i made DOZENS of dollars off that fucker

lol a 9gb lut?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

lol a 9gb lut?

preflop odds are about 2.5 gb for three handed play so 9 is a reasonable size. its not any faster preflop than monte carlo (think its just 1.3 million options) but it is on the later streets. also this was in 2006 when computers just werent as fast and i had to do 12 tables at a time + respond in ~5 seconds

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/google-glass-explorer-program-dead-now-what/

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

scroogled again

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
google's raw profit on glass was somewhere between 290 million and 435 million btw

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

google's raw profit on glass was somewhere between 290 million and 435 million btw

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

yeah but how much did it take to prop up that organization and how much did they have to repay a16z for their consortium investments?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nintendo Kid posted:

google owns and i hope they continue to innovate new and imaginative ways to bilk nerds out of tons of money

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nintendo Kid posted:

lol no

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

$1500 sale price
~$50 build and shipping cost

200,000 to 300,000 devices sold

theflyingexecutive posted:

yeah but how much did it take to prop up that organization and how much did they have to repay a16z for their consortium investments?

probably a decent bit less than they took in as raw profit from the actual sales

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hmm, i think there were some r&d costs, nintendo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

kalstrams posted:

and i doubt they exceeded 290 million over the about 6 years they were doing it before release

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

kalstrams posted:

who?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Elder Postsman posted:

remember when it was google talk, and the google talk application was nice and small and worked reasonable well. lmao.

and worked in gmail too. it was nice, compact, sufficient

we should have seen the writing on the wall the moment it appeared

altho tbh that was back when people had hope for google products

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

i feel sad that i have to disagree

i mean boobs are great. they look awesome and a good cleavage is truly a site to behold. but they are all entree. rear end is the main meal and dessert rolled into one.

eat dat rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

rear end men don't like looking women in the face I guess

• Locked thread