Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh my God abortion is worse than World War 2! Raise taxes back to 90%, draft a few million people into federal service, institute rationing, and turn over huge portions of the economy to education, contraceptives, prenatal care, and child welfare to make sure we win the war on abortion and give women every possible opportunity to avoid pregnancy or get her child taken care of if she has it so there's no incentive for them to just kill their embryos in back alleys.

Oh what's that, that doesn't keep women from having sex? Oh okay then, let's not fight the war, we'll just shut down the clinics and shrug it off when kids starve or their whore moms die in butchershops :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rick_Hunter posted:

I know it's been mentioned before, but why aren't we making 'Conservative Logic 101' parodies? Is it because it would muddy the waters or give LL101 more attention or... :shrug:
Probably because it would be like mocking a clown.

There's no way to make fun of their red guy/blue guy comics that they aren't already doing themselves as a side effect of terrible writing, and there's no way to parody a sincere '"Barack is a Mexican (James 2:20)" - @SomeGuy' image that isn't worse or more effort than the original. Half the point is they're making the jokes for us, and they believe them.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

RagnarokAngel posted:

Playing on their terms is a waste of time. LL101 tries to be funny and isn't, just masturbatory, a parallel would come out similarly.

Yeah, all I can imagine is a series of memes and rage faces with '@WeedlordBonerHitler' at the bottom. Good point.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rick_Hunter posted:

Yeah, all I can imagine is a series of memes and rage faces with '@WeedlordBonerHitler' at the bottom. Good point.

I'm pretty sure you could just post the Weedlord Bonerhitler picture every week forever and it would have the same effect. It's really hard to do a CL101 because America's right wing is basically a parody of itself at this point. Like we don't even need to make jokes anymore. I can just say "George W. Bush" in a crowded room and I guarantee at least one person will laugh.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Probably because it would be like mocking a clown.

There's no way to make fun of their red guy/blue guy comics that they aren't already doing themselves as a side effect of terrible writing, and there's no way to parody a sincere '"Barack is a Mexican (James 2:20)" - @SomeGuy' image that isn't worse or more effort than the original. Half the point is they're making the jokes for us, and they believe them.

Back when trolling Tea Party Community was still a big hit in GBS, a lot of people starting making fake memes parodying right-wing thought, including e.g. Adolf Hitler quotes misattributed to Ronald Reagan, lines from Chairman Mao's 'Combat Liberalism' attributed to Glenn Beck, and similar stuff. This kind of died out after the site's actual members starting sharing these joke memes entirely unironically and seriously, seeing them as an accurate representation of their views instead of the parodies they were supposed to be. We were basically making their propaganda for them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mister Bates posted:

Back when trolling Tea Party Community was still a big hit in GBS, a lot of people starting making fake memes parodying right-wing thought, including e.g. Adolf Hitler quotes misattributed to Ronald Reagan, lines from Chairman Mao's 'Combat Liberalism' attributed to Glenn Beck, and similar stuff. This kind of died out after the site's actual members starting sharing these joke memes entirely unironically and seriously, seeing them as an accurate representation of their views instead of the parodies they were supposed to be. We were basically making their propaganda for them.

That said, it gave us John Forling Bynum, so it was worthwhile.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

He is in Valhalla now, scrawling runes with his fellow vikings.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Who?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Idran posted:

I'm curious, who's the one far-left terrorist group in that infographic? Some ecoterrorist group? (Or would they be categorized under "single issue"?) Because I've never heard of any far-left groups that have tried to attack the US.

probably the earth liberation front, they routinely torch rich crackers SUVs and houses out west.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

A long-con troll by goon HEGEL that started with typical tea party poo poo and slowly devolved into straight up white supremacism and RaHoWa poo poo. Had everybody fooled until the very end.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Ahahaha, oh right! She's the one whose gimmick had the sincere TPC users on their edges as he was sniping black ops helicopters from his rooftop.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Now that sounds like an entertaining story.

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!

IDK, I assume this is part of the president's immigration plan. Or totally made up.

gently caress educating our people! What good does that do?? I had to pay full price for college! (ignores that tuition has jumped 30 fold since she went to college)

Moe guns! Always more guns!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Bring up the Texas anti-gun control people who ran a test to show how the situation would go if they were armed...then had only the person who was unarmed and ran getting away alive.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Fulchrum posted:

Meranwhile, in the Politoons thread 5 days ago....

Broken clock. I wonder if this incident can be used to demonstrate Liberaly do understand the difference between legal rights and what someone ought to do.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

hamster_style posted:

IDK, I assume this is part of the president's immigration plan. Or totally made up.

I don't know if the number's right, but I know Oregon had a ballot measure for exactly that that got voted down. It's something that people have been trying to set up so that undocumented immigrants can actually have some kind of ID and ability to move around the country, so that they're less of an American serfdom.

The image isn't dumb because it's something that's not happening, it's dumb because it's anti-undocumented immigrants.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Why can't I say n***** anymore?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Fulchrum posted:

Once again, the brady people are completely, factually 100% correct.

This loving image :allears:

e;
I actually was in a situation very similar to this with the option of using a .357 handgun, what I did was lock the front door. Situation defused. :laffo:

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 18, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

VitalSigns posted:

what baby said THAT?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DoctorWhat posted:

what baby said THAT?

A "man baby" :v:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

MariusLecter posted:

I actually was in a situation very similar to this with the option of using a .357 handgun, what I did was lock the front door. Situation defused. :laffo:

But why did you not immediately leap at the opportunity to slaughter fellow humans without consequence?

Surely it is only the fear of punishment that prevents you from murdering ever single person you meet.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

what baby said THAT?

I got curious, and Wikiquote attributes it to this:

quote:

Chet Beates, definition of Political Correctness used in Son of a Gun : The Life and Times of a Lifer Brat (2007), p. 209. Attributed to a student at Texas A&M University pre 2006

I think we can ignore the student part because Chet there almost certainly just made up that particular story. Imagine what sort of guy would say that and see how close you get.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

VitalSigns posted:

It's a correct definition if you switch "minority" for "majority".

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Aren't the french police armed? I mean, I've been to Paris once, about twenty years ago but I'm sure I remember the police carrying guns. Did I dream it?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Pilchenstein posted:

Aren't the french police armed? I mean, I've been to Paris once, about twenty years ago but I'm sure I remember the police carrying guns. Did I dream it?

French = liberal = no guns (e: unless you're a criminal then it's okay)

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Pilchenstein posted:

No, you didn't. Also french gun control is way, way, way, way less than UK gun control. I can't think of a mainland european state that approaches UK levels of gun control or ownership.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

So, am I supposed to change the channel or (god forbid) turn off the television, or literally stand in my living room with my back to the television screen?
If the latter, do I mute the volume?
So many questions.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Pilchenstein posted:

Yes. The two police officers on the scene were armed (and also killed) and as some gun rights group's tests have shown, arming the civilians wouldn't have mattered.

Also around the Eiffel tower you literally have soldiers patrolling with SMG's.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

usbombshell posted:

So, am I supposed to change the channel or (god forbid) turn off the television, or literally stand in my living room with my back to the television screen?
So many questions.

I'd suggest covering your ears with something to block out the sound and make clear your protest. A hood of some sort would work well. :3:

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

hamster_style posted:

California recently passed one of these laws. The licenses look different, and the immigrants have to provide certain pieces of identifying material from their home country in order to get the license, along with passing the normal written and behind-the-wheel test.

The hope is that it will improve public safety, because there will be fewer people on the road who have not passed a driving test. Also, in California, your car is seized if you are caught driving without a license, so undocumented immigrants would buy cheap beaters and simply abandon the car if it is impounded. The hope is that more licensed drivers will lead people to buy better cars, and there will be fewer unsafe, polluting cars on the road. The licenses will also allow undocumented immigrants to use the IDs to open bank accounts, etc. Which should lead to fewer people taking advantage of a vulnerable population.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Obviously not, because if there had been one armed person there, they would have reacted with perfect calm and inhuman speed and gunned down all the attackers with perfect accuracy as soon as they started shooting, because that's how it works in fantasy world.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

Obviously not, because if there had been one armed person there, they would have reacted with perfect calm and inhuman speed and gunned down all the attackers with perfect accuracy as soon as they started shooting, because that's how it works in fantasy world.

When armed Muslims burst in, everything goes into slo-mo while you draw your gun like in Call of Duty door breach scenes. So long as you're not a n00b you should be able to get four clean headshots in before regular speed resumes.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

usbombshell posted:

So many questions.

Man the hyper right wing is so damned desperate to get one good public zing at Obama. The closest they've gotten was the "You Lie!" back in his first term. They just really, really need to have some massive public show of hatred to confirm their personal fantasies where everyone in the world really hates Obama, but 99% are just to scared to show it.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

usbombshell posted:

So many questions.

That image doesn't have nearly enough jpeg artifacting to be a real Sweet Bro comic.

That's better.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Deltasquid posted:

Also around the Eiffel tower you literally have soldiers patrolling with SMG's.

That's the Gendarme, they're normal French police and you can find them anywhere from the Seinne to strolling the shopping district in Calais.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Spangly A posted:

That's the Gendarme, they're normal French police and you can find them anywhere from the Seinne to strolling the shopping district in Calais.

Actually a lot of those guys are regular Army soldiers. Sometimes they're gendarmes but gendarmes aren't really normal police either, they're a branch of the military themselves and occupy a role about halfway between US state police and the National Guard. They do normal policing duties in rural areas but in bigger cities the normal beat cops are from the Police Nationale or the Police Municipale, with the vast majority being Police Nationale. The Police Municipale sometimes aren't armed but they're a tiny minority of police, Police Nationale officers are always armed.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

usbombshell posted:

So many questions.
Could be they just don't want you to hear the POTUS talking about the gains in the economy or hear about his initiatives to give more tax credits to the middle class, close tax loopholes and raise capital gains taxes, and give qualified students free community college courses? Or about the results of our policies towards Russia that didn't include arms or troops?

That way when Congress acts on none of it you won't blame them because you never heard about any of it except of course for how they could never work.

quote:

CNN reported:
Republicans were dismissive of the tax initiatives unveiled Saturday evening.

"This is not a serious proposal," Brendan Buck, spokesman for House Ways and Means Chairman Paul Ryan, told CNN. "We lift families up and grow the economy with a simpler, flatter tax code, not big tax increases to pay for more Washington spending."

At the bottom of the CNN page, "Promoted Stories:
Net Of Lies Catches Fisherman Who Was Awarded Over $440,000 In Gulf Spill Settlement Based On Falsified Forms State of the Gulf by BP" :suicide:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

people are still mad at Jane Fonda???

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

My ex's mom would still talk about Hanoi Jane randomly at dinner and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

These people are still mad at FDR and the New Deal