Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
insurance paperwork finalized and i could replace the ps3 with a ps4 but is there actually any reason to. bloodborne is march but is there anything else actually worth playing on a ps4 (keep in mind the only computer i have is a lovely macbook air lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the guy from gta v has a bit part in broad city and he's hilarious

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

lol if you own a ps4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kenny Logins posted:

c ps+ s: finished prototype 2 and it was fun up to a point but they really phoned in the 3rd act

tried hitman 2: silent assassin hd and it is gloriously unplayable garbage. didn't even bother with contracts but i'm going to give blood money a spin as i never actually tried that one

when people say they like hitman what they mean is they like blood money. that game's so good it made people forget how crap all the others were.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The controls in Hitman 2 were so bad only a literal masochist would play it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

bump_fn posted:

insurance paperwork finalized and i could replace the ps3 with a ps4 but is there actually any reason to. bloodborne is march but is there anything else actually worth playing on a ps4 (keep in mind the only computer i have is a lovely macbook air lol)

new uncharted later this year i think, the new batman game will be at its best on the ps4 (original devs of the first 2 making this), final fantasy 15 if youre into that, kingdom hearts as well if you like and no mans land (but this is a wait and see)

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

lol if you own a ps4

i do, it owns and apparently the world agrees

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

like how you can run but if you run where any npc can see you then they trigger an alert

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

the guy from gta v has a bit part in broad city and he's hilarious

which guy i missed it

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh trevor. yeah i definitely missed that

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

As a Millennial I posted:

which guy i missed it

trevor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPW_lwU_Hwc

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what's the game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

some waifu hunting simulator i guess, steam has had recent influx of those

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

some waifu hunting simulator i guess, steam has had recent influx of those

yup http://store.steampowered.com/app/342380/

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
wife and me love our ps4 sorry you hate playing video games yospos

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pinterest Mom posted:

what's the game

dota but he typoed lay hands on yourself

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

bump_fn posted:

just get the ps4, it's worth more than a ps3 especially if you decide to sell it instead, and buy a ps3 with the sale money and still have extra left over

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

univbee posted:

just get the ps4, it's worth more than a ps3 especially if you decide to sell it instead, and buy a ps3 with the sale money and still have extra left over

there's no time pressure so I could wait until a good game is actually out for it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

why are people in such a hurry to get rid of their old consoles

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

thank you.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

mhfu is so loving stiff holy poo poo. its goddamn gorgeous on ppsspp tho

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bump_fn posted:

there's no time pressure so I could wait until a good game is actually out for it

how are you on gta because i think it's the best game out for the system right now

the exclusives have all been pretty meh, infamous was okay but not as good as the earlier ones

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

goddamn they really did make the characters after the actors didn't they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-EIBtXBbo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Liver Disaster posted:

why are people in such a hurry to get rid of their old consoles

Im not it was stolen lol

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

hubris.height posted:

wife and me love our ps4 sorry you hate playing video games yospos

you got married over the break?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
mh4u demo s: its monster hunter but faster and more fluid and i really like the insect glaive but i think u need a circle pad pro or a c-stick to make the most of it

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Liver Disaster posted:

its a walking simulator about emotions, so i cant find anything wrong with it
were they the wrong feelings for you?

i'll admit to being extremely spergy here but if a game tries to sell itself on the options the player has, telling bozo the clown to gently caress off and grabbing your kid right then and there should be an option, even if that means the game ends after 20 minutes. see also: the walking dead. i want my choice 'em ups to have ALL the choices, including ones that break the game

see also (spoiled in case you still don't know how the heavy rain ends lol) the killer can literally not die and if you do absolutely nothing in the scene where he's about to drown in the car, he just ends up saving himself lol. also, no matter what you do, the killer is always the same guy.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bump_fn posted:

Im not it was stolen lol

oh poo poo that was you oh man sorry about that :(

Katana Gomai posted:

i'll admit to being extremely spergy here but if a game tries to sell itself on the options the player has, telling bozo the clown to gently caress off and grabbing your kid right then and there should be an option, even if that means the game ends after 20 minutes. see also: the walking dead. i want my choice 'em ups to have ALL the choices, including ones that break the game

see also (spoiled in case you still don't know how the heavy rain ends lol) the killer can literally not die and if you do absolutely nothing in the scene where he's about to drown in the car, he just ends up saving himself lol. also, no matter what you do, the killer is always the same guy.

i was just being an rear end, some illusion of choice games are ok while some arent but heavy rain wasnt v good anyway

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Katana Gomai posted:

the writing is also very bad

somehow it managed to avoid the third act sci-fi that other david cage games have but because they cut out ethan having a ~psychic~ connection to the killer there's a huge plot hole

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jerry Cotton posted:

corn in the bible posted:

like how you can run but if you run where any npc can see you then they trigger an alert
i tried hitman 2 for like 30 mins this morning and this was my experience. you walk super slow, stealth-walk extra super slow, crawl at a glacial pace, and run at a barely tolerable rate but you're never allowed to run. also as a bonus the first mission at least is roughly 5x larger than it really needs to be, making the movement speed absolute torture as you move around the giant areas full of absolutely nothing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
broad city owns

didn't catch that the first time around although understandably since i wouldn't have played gta5 for another few months afterwards

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Katana Gomai posted:

Also the FBI officer is just William Shatners Tekwar forced into one character.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

theres a fabled lands pc port holy poo poo

http://flapp.sourceforge.net

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
haha. to add to the immersion in hitman2 you literally had to walk 7 miles of open field before you got to the mission area.

I remember being thrown off in blood money at the carnival because you start like 10ft from the bad guys

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Kenny Logins posted:

c ps+ s: finished prototype 2 and it was fun up to a point but they really phoned in the 3rd act

tried hitman 2: silent assassin hd and it is gloriously unplayable garbage. didn't even bother with contracts but i'm going to give blood money a spin as i never actually tried that one

dont play hitmans that arent blood money

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

hitman absolution is actually really good

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Vintersorg posted:

and youre gonna continue playing it, arent you?

if so, lol

how else will i get that sweet ludonarrative dissonance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hitman Absolution is the game where if you fail the level, instead of restarting you from the beginning of the mission or from a checkpointed state in the middle of the mission, it starts you from a checkpointed location with the beginning of mission state, which is profoundly idiotic.

• Locked thread