Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

NTRabbit posted:

Presented without comment, a photographic series;

entitled "Tank Destroyers? Missions? Maps? West."

Had something similar happen yesterday on Erlenberg assault where we were defending. Almost all of our team just followed the river and sat in the middle of the map for some reason, I was the only one to go to the west flank and two TDs sat in the A0 forest. I have no loving idea how but we still won it, between me whittling down 6-7 tanks to low hp after they took it in turns to peek out at me instead of just rushing me and killing me in a few seconds, they then went out one at a time to get destroyed by the TDs in A0. These missions create the weirdest games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

kemikalkadet posted:

Had something similar happen yesterday on Erlenberg assault where we were defending. Almost all of our team just followed the river and sat in the middle of the map for some reason, I was the only one to go to the west flank and two TDs sat in the A0 forest. I have no loving idea how but we still won it, between me whittling down 6-7 tanks to low hp after they took it in turns to peek out at me instead of just rushing me and killing me in a few seconds, they then went out one at a time to get destroyed by the TDs in A0. These missions create the weirdest games.

I think I figured out your problem.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Rorac posted:

I'm not sure what you're complaining about? You get 60% of the shells he does in less than half the time spend reloading, with much better accuracy and a comparable aiming time. His has more damage and pen, but his is also a tier higher gun than yours. That seems... about right?

To be honest I think the 10 shot on the walker bulldog is a specialized anti-autoloader weapon; it's specifically designed to fight autoloader lights (and non-autoloader bulldogs), but that full reload is huge in comparison to most of the others. You should be able to take one if you can catch it reloading, easily.

It's very bad when a same tier auto-loader scout can clip you when you can't clip them back when your role is pretty much the same. Compared to the Chinese and American light lines the 12t and 13-75 are both pretty poo poo and need a look at. It's WG m.o. to make sure a line has a stinker or two to help with the gold selling (unless its the Russian lines) but having two not very good tanks one after the other its a problem.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

RandomPauI posted:

If you ever want to borrow an account to try out a bunch of tanks let me know in the password thread and I can connect you to someone.

ill definitely take you up on the offer later.

I've realised with sadness it's going to take months to acquire a glorious russian german t54

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Foxtrot_13 posted:

It's very bad when a same tier auto-loader scout can clip you when you can't clip them back when your role is pretty much the same.

The autoloader Bulldog will do a good job of wrecking every single light tank in the field bar a well driven 13 90. If I see one close in my WZ-131 I tend to fire once and then gently caress off in the opposite direction asap, because I simply don't stand a chance of getting in enough shots to kill it first.

Also the most pointless thing in the game is trying to drive a tier 7 scout on a narrow lane map with 6 tier 10 mediums on the other side. Such a loving waste of my time.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 18, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

NTRabbit posted:

The autoloader Bulldog will do a good job of wrecking every single light tank in the field bar a well driven 13 90. If I see one close in my WZ-131 I tend to fire once and then gently caress off in the opposite direction asap, because I simply don't stand a chance of getting in enough shots to kill it first.

Can't wait to get my Bulldog, I
I'm already wrecking poo poo with the Mt-25 and the thing is a dopey potato of a tank.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jan 18, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Proposal: The WZ-111 1-4 has variable armour generated by the server each time you enter a battle

Evidence:
Battle 1: Facing a mixture of front on, angled, and with the rear sometimes partially up a slope decreasing the front angle, the WZ-111 1-4 bounces approx 3k damage from an Obj. 268 shooting AP, a top gun ST-I shooting HEAT, a top gun Tortoise shooting AP, and a top gun T28p shooting AP

Battle 2: With the same mix of angling, a rushing IS-6 not terribly familiar with the concept of aiming puts 4 AP shots through the pike and turret front, and a top gun Caernarvon rounds out the remainder of the damage through the front pike with AP, no bounces recorded

Conclusion: gently caress Chinese tanks that aren't the WZ-131 and 132

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 18, 2015

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

rossmum posted:

No word of a lie, pubbies have this backwards. It's loving incredible.

During the WOWs weekend, a lot of people were charging straight at their opponents with forward guns blazing. Although a legitimate idea if the your goal is to get closer to an opponent, these people would never turn to broadside once in a good range. They just turn away and start using the aft guns.

When I told some guy he sucked for doing that, his excuse was that he was doing it to mitigate damage. I then promptly showed him the error of his ways by doing a full broadside in his face. Too bad it didn't one shot him, that would have proved my point.

drat I miss botes. All of you with Alpha are making me envious.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

NTRabbit posted:

Proposal: The WZ-111 1-4 has variable armour generated by the server each time you enter a battle

Evidence:
Battle 1: Facing a mixture of front on, angled, and with the rear sometimes partially up a slope decreasing the front angle, the WZ-111 1-4 bounces approx 3k damage from an Obj. 268 shooting AP, a top gun ST-I shooting HEAT, a top gun Tortoise shooting AP, and a top gun T28p shooting AP

Battle 2: With the same mix of angling, a rushing IS-6 not terribly familiar with the concept of aiming puts 4 AP shots through the pike and turret front, and a top gun Caernarvon rounds out the remainder of the damage through the front pike with AP, no bounces recorded

Conclusion: gently caress Chinese tanks that aren't the WZ-131 and 132

lol you must love being wrong. also, bad

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I other news :

This is all

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Atal Vataman posted:

lol you must love being wrong. also, bad

Congratulations on posting nothing to refute or support actual achieved results, you're an idiot

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

During the WOWs weekend, a lot of people were charging straight at their opponents with forward guns blazing.

Although a legitimate idea if the your goal is to get closer to an opponent, these people would never turn to broadside once in a good range. They just turn away and start using the aft guns.

That was not uncommon with newer players. Most of us who pay regularly know better and enjoy unloading a full broadside into someone and connecting on multiple hits. I sank a Cleveland last night in one volley from my Fuso. It was glorious.

This latest patch they tweaked the aiming mechanics making it a little tougher to sink every shot all the time. Also and while you are moving and zoomed in on your target is more difficult to get a good bead on it. I like that it's less easy.

I just unlocked the Amagi and probably won't get some sweet sweet Yamato action before the beta weekend next week.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

demonR6 posted:

I just unlocked the Amagi and probably won't get some sweet sweet Yamato action before the beta weekend next week.

There's another beta weekend next week?! :magical:

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Foxtrot_13 posted:

It's very bad when a same tier auto-loader scout can clip you when you can't clip them back when your role is pretty much the same. Compared to the Chinese and American light lines the 12t and 13-75 are both pretty poo poo and need a look at. It's WG m.o. to make sure a line has a stinker or two to help with the gold selling (unless its the Russian lines) but having two not very good tanks one after the other its a problem.

Don't stand there and get clipped by an autoloader scout? I know goons tend to be aggressive (gently caress knows I am too) but trying to trade 1-1 with a tank with a bigger autoloader clip is a bad idea, try not doing that. I mean, I agree that the 13 75 and 12t might do with a little bit of buffing after the new lights were introduced but they're not going to extend the clip size after all this time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's amazing how, after months of it never really happening due to the difficulty, suddenly with a mission demanding it all kinds of people in artillery are suddenly pulling off strings of successful counterbattery shots from just a single shot to track.

It's almost like there's some kind of beacon shooting up into the sky to let them know. A pole of light perhaps. Coloured red.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

NTRabbit posted:

Quite likely.

Dalael posted:

During the WOWs weekend, a lot of people were charging straight at their opponents with forward guns blazing. Although a legitimate idea if the your goal is to get closer to an opponent, these people would never turn to broadside once in a good range. They just turn away and start using the aft guns.

When I told some guy he sucked for doing that, his excuse was that he was doing it to mitigate damage. I then promptly showed him the error of his ways by doing a full broadside in his face. Too bad it didn't one shot him, that would have proved my point.

The funny thing is that with about a thirty degree angle off your stern/bow you can get all your broadside onto a dude and still not be showing a flat side to him. People who know more guns = better don't tend to take advantage of that.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

demonR6 posted:

That was not uncommon with newer players. Most of us who pay regularly know better and enjoy unloading a full broadside into someone and connecting on multiple hits. I sank a Cleveland last night in one volley from my Fuso. It was glorious.

This latest patch they tweaked the aiming mechanics making it a little tougher to sink every shot all the time. Also and while you are moving and zoomed in on your target is more difficult to get a good bead on it. I like that it's less easy.

Hope they're not making it too hard tho. That one weekend I played, plenty of my shots wouldn't fully land, which is how it should be in my opinion. Lead was okay, just 1 or 2 shots would tend to go to high or wide, so only part of the salvo's would hit. If they mess with this too much, I can imagine all the people bitching because they can't land all shots in.

xthetenth posted:

Quite likely.

The funny thing is that with about a thirty degree angle off your stern/bow you can get all your broadside onto a dude and still not be showing a flat side to him. People who know more guns = better don't tend to take advantage of that.

Next time I get to play, I'll try that. I tend to give more of a 45 degree angle, which allowed people to land pretty solid shots on me. I can see how 30 would minimize the silhouette even more.

Another nice thing about angling your ship like that, is that a lot of people seem to have a hard time figuring out your trajectory and can't lead properly.

Are torpedo destroyers still such a bitch to deal with? If there was one complaint I would have about this game, is the number of fish in the water at any given time. They might miss most of the time, but its loving annoying to spend as much time trying to avoid them as you try to shoot the prick that launched them.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

Yessir want the info linked? NA server goes down on the 20th in preparation so maybe by Friday?

Dalael posted:

Hope they're not making it too hard tho. That one weekend I played, plenty of my shots wouldn't fully land, which is how it should be in my opinion. Lead was okay, just 1 or 2 shots would tend to go to high or wide, so only part of the salvo's would hit. If they mess with this too much, I can imagine all the people bitching because they can't land all shots in.

Next time I get to play, I'll try that. I tend to give more of a 45 degree angle, which allowed people to land pretty solid shots on me. I can see how 30 would minimize the silhouette even more.

Another nice thing about angling your ship like that, is that a lot of people seem to have a hard time figuring out your trajectory and can't lead properly.

Are torpedo destroyers still such a bitch to deal with? If there was one complaint I would have about this game, is the number of fish in the water at any given time. They might miss most of the time, but its loving annoying to spend as much time trying to avoid them as you try to shoot the prick that launched them.

Most of the people who have been around since early Alpha agree it was too easy once you get the hang of it and making it harder was a good idea.

DE's are still a pain in the rear end and if you land a match with a couple of those and CV's kiss you rear end good bye. I habitually run behind our bigger BB's and appear out of nowhere in the middle of a firefight in someone's face unloading a full spread of torps into them running off cackling. It does not work 100% of the time but when it does it is the equivalent of scoring an ammo rack in your little shitter tier 2 on a much higher tier tank. Fulfilling.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 18, 2015

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

BVTG3-4BX2G-7GSM8-HTZ5R-DM3X7 some bonus code or something enjoy

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Sandweed posted:

BVTG3-4BX2G-7GSM8-HTZ5R-DM3X7 some bonus code or something enjoy

Thanks for the tank kind goon!

Edit: And gold and premium. You're cool.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

demonR6 posted:

Most of the people who have been around since early Alpha agree it was too easy once you get the hang of it and making it harder was a good idea.

I was only playing the first beta weekend and my main gripe with the game was exactly this. So them making it harder makes me cautiously optimistic for the future (of mankind).

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Dalael posted:

Think angling a maus turret only backwards. Angled when shooting, straight when not.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Keksen posted:

I was only playing the first beta weekend and my main gripe with the game was exactly this. So them making it harder makes me cautiously optimistic for the future (of mankind).

But what I am trying to say is once you play enough games where you get the hang of it is becomes almost as easy as an autoaim which is no fun. I don't want point & click on my WWII botes. I want to work for it.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Atomizer posted:

That's called "suiscouting!" :eng101: It means you are literally a pubbie. :shrug:

Desuwa posted:

Did you confirm that they spawned at their spawn? Not really useful information to your team, and there's a very limited set of maps where you can spot that early and have anyone on your team ready to shoot.

Protip, if you die during your initial scouting run it means you messed up and got too close or were too exposed. Maybe a slight exception if an enemy scout suicides into you to get his one kill and you can't break contact.

It wasn't a suicide scout. I sat in a bush near lake on Lakeville and lit up the entire enemy team moving into city and middle road while my teammates took shots. I died trying to move in to flank. Nice assumptions though assholes, you don't get that much xp for a suiscout.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Dalael posted:

There have been a few times in modernish times where a full on, head on charge was possibly warranted. One off the top of my head was Hood v. Bismarck. The British commander knew that his old outdated battle cruiser armor was highly vulnerable to long range, plunging German shells, so he went flank speed to close the distance while only firing the forward guns. Then he could broadside, thus allowing all 8 of his guns to fire and presenting his strongest armor profile to the flatter point-blank fire he expected.

Great plan in theory, but we all know what happened when the Hood started to make its turn... :spergin:

Yeah, don't do this in botes.

E: I absolutely cannot wait to troll in game chat about WOTAN CEMENTED STEEL ARMOR and how German ships were generally terrible. Forums are already shitholes for this.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 18, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Missing Name posted:

There have been a few times in modernish times where a full on, head on charge was possibly warranted.

HMS Jervis Bay, HMAS Yarra, the tin can charge in the Battle off Samar

Worth noting all but one of those ships also sank

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 18, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

HMS Jervis Bay, HMAS Yarra, the tin can charge in the Battle off Samar

Worth noting most of those ships also sank

Samar was a goddamn miracle that any of the US ships survived their suicide charge at the main battle fleet.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Missing Name posted:

Samar was a goddamn miracle that any of the US ships survived their suicide charge at the main battle fleet.

Only the Heerman survived. Signals confusion and misidentification by the Japanese contributed.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

NTRabbit posted:

Congratulations on posting nothing to refute or support actual achieved results, you're an idiot

He's not wrong, though.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

How bad is the KV-4 if we forget it sees tier 10?
I have been having fun in the KV-5 by playing aggressively and giving no gently caress, and if the KV-4 is somewhat similar it might be rather fun. Also since the ST-I seems like a fun tier9 heavy.

Case in point why KV-5 is fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duGoBnajzg
Good players on my team decide to hold alley on Himmels, I say gently caress it and charge across the court yard. Killing bad IS-6 drivers never gets old.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

warcrimes posted:

He's not wrong, though.

He is if he's trying to say the tank doesn't have incredibly variable and unreliable upper front armour.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

He is if he's trying to say the tank doesn't have incredibly variable and unreliable upper front armour.

I concur with you. I saw little people reprogramming the code before everyone of your matches.

brosef
Jan 19, 2009
Armor isn't variable at all you goober.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Goons are terrible at reading jokes, news at 11

The armour is variable in that it isn't the same across the pike, and unreliable because 2 degrees of turn in any direction and a random dice roll can be the difference between bouncing a tier 10 TD and being penned by a tier 8 heavy.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 18, 2015

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NTRabbit posted:

Goons are terrible at reading jokes, news at 11

The armour is variable in that it isn't the same across the pike, and unreliable because 2 degrees of turn in any direction and a random dice roll can be the difference between bouncing a tier 10 TD and being penned by a tier 8 heavy.

Well then try to play while taking into account that your hull armor is unreliable, I guess?

What do you want us to tell you? That you're a very good player unfortunately held down by some sort of shadowy WG conspiracy?

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Cardiac posted:

How bad is the KV-4 if we forget it sees tier 10?

Pretty much a KV-5 that's better in every way, really. It handles itself acceptably in tier 9 matches and makes a mockery out of tier 8 tanks.

As soon as you mix in those 10's though, it's like the KV-3 all over again; a slab of slow, flat armor. Though this time with a Tiger II gun.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

WitchFetish posted:

Well then try to play while taking into account that your hull armor is unreliable, I guess?

What do you want us to tell you? That you're a very good player unfortunately held down by some sort of shadowy WG conspiracy?

As though this thread isn't 95% pointless bitching about tanks or pubbies. If you want everyone to stop that the thread will dry up.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I want that T-55a DDR tank so badly, someone tell me how to set an enemy tank on fire in a medium :argh:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

maev posted:

I want that T-55a DDR tank so badly, someone tell me how to set an enemy tank on fire in a medium :argh:

HE.

No seriously, grab an M4 and take the 105.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

maev posted:

Shoot a KV-1 a lot in the rear sides. Or load gold and intentionally aim for an M4's lower plate.

Oh or shoot a T29/T34/T30/T32 in the rear sides.