Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

coronatae posted:

I can't shake the feeling that they'll try to do some stupid stunt like everything we've seen was in one character's mind and didn't happen.
Ahh, the ol' St. Elsewhere snowglobe ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tennis Ball
Jan 29, 2009
I just love that the freaks have ended up being really lovely people despite the fact that they're "just like us."

Also, what happened to the cops looking for the lobster kid? They came and turned the camp upside down and then just left? Nothing else?

What about Dandy's creepy Oedipus puppet show?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

coronatae posted:

I can't shake the feeling that they'll try to do some stupid stunt like everything we've seen was in one character's mind and didn't happen.

If they don't do something incredibly stupid like that I'll be kind of disappointed. I'm not sure (plot-wise) why anyone would have any motivation to watch the finale other than "it's the last episode of the season".

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I love that the fat girl's been there for a week and everyone is like "oh yeah, been here forever, welp, guess it's time for gang murder, c'mon along"

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

angerbeet posted:

I love that the fat girl's been there for a week and everyone is like "oh yeah, been here forever, welp, guess it's time for gang murder, c'mon along"

Yeah haha.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well when you join a freak show it's kind of implied that you're Cool With Murder. Doesn't matter why you're murdering, or who you're murdering, when a murdering opportunity presents itself you just go with it.

Gee, I wonder why when a murder happens the police always go straight for the freak show?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hey, the fat lady has done lots of things!

Like loving Jimmy!

And...

uh...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Please let this season end with the fat woman doing an anachronistic cover song

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
"Baby Got Back" with one of the freaks running a house key up and down the strings of a banjo to make record scratching sounds

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
"We're just normal people!" has always been the joke. In the first episode Jimmy says it while burying two cops And, in AHS's universe, ending up part of a murder plot at the drop of a hat is like the definition of normalcy.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Gatekeeper posted:

"Baby Got Back" with one of the freaks running a house key up and down the strings of a banjo to make record scratching sounds

The final twist is that the house key is the key to the Murder House.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Tennis Ball posted:

I just love that the freaks have ended up being really lovely people despite the fact that they're "just like us."

Yeah at this point I'm not sure if the writers are doing that intentionally or are just writing a lot of dialogue that isn't backed up by character's actions. Every episode is brimming with the message that freaks are good people just being persecuted by the world but then they go ahead and backstab and murder each other.

Also having Emma Roberts be so gung ho jumping into the box to get sawed in half made no sense. She was cautious about everyone the entire season then this clearly demented weirdo shows up and she like insists on getting sawed in half by him. This season is unraveling just like Coven.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Doltos posted:

Also having Emma Roberts be so gung ho jumping into the box to get sawed in half made no sense. She was cautious about everyone the entire season then this clearly demented weirdo shows up and she like insists on getting sawed in half by him.

When characters do something so unrealistic it's almost horror in itself. They're compelled to do something stupid with a smile on their face but underneath they're horrified at what's about to happen. But instead of it being Twilight Zone it's just American Horror Story: Subpar Writer's Room.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

For whatever it's worth the sawed in half bit was by and large the most horrific moment of the season for me. I hated watching it but couldn't pull myself away. "The bitch deserved it" or whatever kind of sullied it though. Kept expecting the freaks to come out mid saw.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That field they've camped out on sure is getting studded with corpses and body parts.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

a cop posted:

For whatever it's worth the sawed in half bit was by and large the most horrific moment of the season for me. I hated watching it but couldn't pull myself away. "The bitch deserved it" or whatever kind of sullied it though. Kept expecting the freaks to come out mid saw.

True, but I think they tend to do this more often than they should. They get a compelling visual in their head, such as a woman literally sawed in half during the famous trick, and they decide to make it happen, no matter how ridiculous or illogical the set up is. The bees from Coven, the Ajax enema, sex with the Minotaur, all come to mind as other examples.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

I really thought Seal Boy was going to try to save her. His character arc is one of the more annoying things of the season, because they started giving him some background, showed that he's pretty clever about catching onto things, then he took a knife in the stomach straight from their boss who blatantly did not call anyone in medical, somehow went from dying to perfectly fine in like two episodes, then was shown to be smart and investigative again in noticing the new owner was crazy and.... proceeded to do absolutely nothing with it whatsoever. [ED: Also the fact he seems to have forgotten, along with everyone, that Elsa flat out loving tried to kill him and purposely didn't get him help.]

He's actually a decent actor too, so I really thought maybe this would be his time to shine finally.

Also, am I the only one that (until the cuffs got brought out) thought she was going to get her legs sawed off, and not die? I thought that'd been kind of an hilarious ending: The amazing No Hands and No Legs act!

Doltos posted:

Yeah at this point I'm not sure if the writers are doing that intentionally or are just writing a lot of dialogue that isn't backed up by character's actions. Every episode is brimming with the message that freaks are good people just being persecuted by the world but then they go ahead and backstab and murder each other.

The lady at the museum they randomly decapitated (Did they seriously drive all the way back to Florida with a head in a box since they flew in?) that had no idea murder was involved in any of it sure seemed like a pretty unnecessary kill.

angerbeet posted:

But they promised her another cake, man! poo poo got real.

CesiumCanoe posted:

IMDb says it was his son John. I, too, thought it was a CGI de-aged James Cromwell :v:

They really need to find some movie that needs an older/younger character because drat his son really could pull it off.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 18, 2015

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

ShadowCatboy posted:

That field they've camped out on sure is getting studded with corpses and body parts.

For all the money they're raking in with their shows it's worth it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MrSlam posted:

For all the money they're raking in with their shows it's worth it.

You made 15 dollars selling lizards? Why, that's like 18 million dollars in today's money!

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

quote:

The lady at the museum they randomly decapitated (Did they seriously drive all the way back to Florida with a head in a box since they flew in?) that had no idea murder was involved in any of it sure seemed like a pretty unnecessary kill.

If I remember right, she was pretty *wink wink* about the potential source of her exhibits when Stanley and Maggie first spoke to her. At the very least, she didn't ask questions about how they procured the entire corpse of the world's smallest woman, and provided the incentive.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

coronatae posted:

coffee cups with the tophats

gently caress, Queenie is getting a season!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tonight on American Horror Story: "Curtain Call"

The freaks rebel against new management; Dandy prepares for his debut performance; Elsa arrives in tinseltown.

It's the season finale, so I'm sure all the themes and plot threads will be seamlessly woven together into a coherent ending, right?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Maybe Dylan McDermott and Zachary Quinto can show up salvage this season in the midnight hour.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
I have to say that out of all of this mess, the only one I'll miss is Dandy (and maybe Paul the Seal Boy.) What a great, albeit mostly wasted, character, and a slamdunk performance by Finn Wittrock. I think he's only been on soap operas before, I hope he gets noticed and gets a lot more work from this. His portrayal of Dandy was really the saving grace of this season. Twisty was cool too, but we never got enough of him. Seriously, I wish the whole season had just been about Dandy and Gloria (the interplay between them is Freudian-overdrive creepy and I love Frances Conroy) and their encounters with Twisty.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 21, 2015

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Agreed completely - I think that actor was in "Unbroken" as well, but I only saw the previews for it. Twisty was great, and between he and Pepper's story, and the aforementioned Dandy, we got a few tidbits of greatness out of this season at least.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Okay, so far Asylum has the most unique Christmas special I've ever seen.

"I don't have Christmas spirit because I was raped by five men on Christmas." Like, yeah....that'd do it.

Edit: Also, it took me like six or seven episodes to realize I was confusing Joseph Fiennes with Ralph Fiennes.

Edit 2: Dylan! Yay! :neckbeard:

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 21, 2015

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
For a split second I was like "oh poo poo was Dandy the main bad guy in the first Purge movie?" because their mannerisms and expressions are very similar in my head. But then I checked and they look nothing alike. Goons are bad with faces, etc.

Fun little death tally as I'm going through the cast list to make my predictions for tonight. Spoilering for people who aren't caught up:

Main Cast - 45% dead
4.5 deaths - Ethel, Maggie, Gloria, Dell, Stanley (half point?)

Supporting Cast - 20+ dead
Ma Petite, Salty, Twisty, Dora, Dr. Bonham, Meep, Marjorie, Chester's Wife/Lover, Tupperware Ladies, cops, museum curator, toy shop owner, picnic couple, probably a lot more I'm forgetting ...

fullroundaction fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 21, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ryan Murphy tweeted that the Freak Show finale is one of his favorite episodes they've ever done.

I don't know whether to be excited or worried, honestly.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I guess that means Stevie Nicks is showing up again

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Waffleman_ posted:

Ryan Murphy tweeted that the Freak Show finale is one of his favorite episodes they've ever done.

I don't know whether to be excited or worried, honestly.

I only know one type of scene Ryan Murphy loves to ram into every episode! This is gonna be scary!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

fullroundaction posted:

For a split second I was like "oh poo poo was Dandy the main bad guy in the first Purge movie?" because their mannerisms and expressions are very similar in my head. But then I checked and they look nothing alike. Goons are bad with faces, etc.

Fun little death tally as I'm going through the cast list to make my predictions for tonight. Spoilering for people who aren't caught up:

Main Cast - 45% dead
4.5 deaths - Ethel, Maggie, Gloria, Dell, Stanley (half point?)

Supporting Cast - 20+ dead
Ma Petite, Salty, Twisty, Dora, Dr. Bonham, Meep, Marjorie, Chester's Wife/Lover, Tupperware Ladies, cops, museum curator, toy shop owner, picnic couple, probably a lot more I'm forgetting ...

I thought the picnic girl lived?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

She did and she was badass and cool.

Tonight's prediction: systematic murder-suicide on camera for fifteen minutes, followed by playing The Comening from the Heart She Holler for the rest of the episode's runtime.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The Heart She Holler is way more scary than this show.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

pkfan2004 posted:

She did and she was badass and cool.

One of the best moments of this season was "What kind of stuff?" "Clown stuff."

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Woops my head canon was completely different. Which is a shame because this season started so strong and that was such a great scene that I wish I would have remembered it correctly.

If Rabe shows up I'll consider this finale a success but

pkfan2004 posted:

Tonight's prediction: systematic murder-suicide on camera for fifteen minutes, followed by playing The Comening from the Heart She Holler for the rest of the episode's runtime.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

haveblue posted:

Tonight on American Horror Story: "Curtain Call"

The freaks rebel against new management; Dandy prepares for his debut performance; Elsa arrives in tinseltown.

It's the season finale, so I'm sure all the themes and plot threads will be seamlessly woven together into a coherent ending, right?

Hahahahahahaha :allears:

Good riddance, show. Hopefully next season will make up for this one being very lackluster.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wasn't there a sign-hanging scene like this all the way back in episode 1/2?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Isn't it counterproductive to put a new Always Sunny on at the same time?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Waffleman_ posted:

Wasn't there a sign-hanging scene like this all the way back in episode 1/2?

Yeah, it happened in the second episode and brought the police to the camp.

EDIT: I hope we get Dandy singing some numbers from Anything Goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Dandy saying what we're all thinking :allears:

• Locked thread