Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Link please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

prezbuluskey posted:

Exactly what I am looking for. Can it carry supplies, like basic first aid, phone, and some clif bars and stuff?

Yeah, I have the 5 liter version, so that gives you a bit of room for a phone / jacket / thermo blanket and stuff. It also has some easily accessible pouches for gels and small items. There is a 12 liter version if you need more space.

The best part is that fits nice and tight. It becomes part of your body, no bouncing around.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I didn't know my shoe purchase would cause such a ruckus. I kinda took it as a "Hey grandpa, lose the lame-o kicks and get yourself some of this poo poo"...

Its OK though cause I pretty much am a lame-o with my plain old shoes.

The shoes you posted are fine. They aren't some classy dress shoes, but they fit perfectly in the "boring shoes no one will notice" which is probably what you were going for in the first place. Most people who don't particularly care about fashion (which is the vast majority of people) won't think twice about them.

Just got myself this :

I've been getting into spirits in the past year or two and found that I love gin. I have 3-4 kinds which is enough for now, I also enjoy whisky but scotch is overpriced for what you get I think. This will be my first really good rum and it's going to be my "sipping it neat" one, I have barbancourt 3 stars for old fashioned and such and some kraken for coke.

Next up will be getting myself a nice bourbon or rye

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I bought this because its B1G1 and higher than average abv for light beers.

KingColliwog posted:

The shoes you posted are fine. They aren't some classy dress shoes, but they fit perfectly in the "boring shoes no one will notice" which is probably what you were going for in the first place. Most people who don't particularly care about fashion (which is the vast majority of people) won't think twice about them.
Oh my god the :smug:.

Blendy posted:

Jeez people need to chill out on this derail. I didn't tell him to buy those shoes, I wasn't telling anyone to buy green loafers. I was just posting a remark and thought the shoes in the CONTENT i was posting had a better shape/silhouette to them. All my comments on that dude's shoes were about the design and construction and I was giving an example of something more simple in design that would work for casual wear. I didn't feel like googling shoes and posting a bunch of options. If the guy likes his shoes then kudos to him, and everyone can just stop being butthurt over some shoes I didn't even buy or even look at more than to say "these are less distracting than his shoes" because who cares.

Content: I'm almost out of hand soap in the bathroom so I bought a three pack of Mrs. Meyers basil scented hand soap. I hope this doesn't outrage a bunch of goons.
I just think you were condescending in your post and none of it was necessary.

I bet you guys leave your sneaker tongues on the outside of your jeans.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I want to buy some Crocs just to annoy the snobs in this thread.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

kannonfodder posted:

You can borrow mine, I just wear my toe shoes now.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I wish I could buy shoes and get all huffy about whether or not they're fashionable, but my achilles is super hosed up from a weight-lifting injury 3 years ago and at this point I will dump any amount of money into any shoes that don't feel like red-hot iron on my tendon.

Related purchase:

$600 worth of EPAT treatments in a last-ditch effort to avoid major surgery on my tendon. It's the first thing I've tried in 3 years that has shown any improvement at all. I might be back to lifting next year if all goes well!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

kannonfodder posted:

I think that's normcore.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Cage posted:

Oh my god the :smug:.

How was my post smug? They are normal boring shoes and that's a truth. I am part of that majority that doesn't really care about fashion and therefore wouldn't think twice about those shoes. They are very normal shoes. I wasn't saying that dumb plebeians wouldn't notice that they were ugly. I don't wear slip-ons, but that's pretty much the only reason why I wouldn't wear them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cage posted:

This is the coolest.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Hydration pack talk: I just got a Nathan HPL 020 and it's fantastic. 2l bladder and enough storage for the essentials. It's the cheapest and lightest of the packs I looked at, and it's comfortable even on bare skin, very happy with it so far. Done a few 8-10 milers with it on local trails and I'd recommend it to anyone that needs a running pack. I got it to train and to use for a 50 mile race this year and it's exactly what I wanted in a pack.

http://www.amazon.com/NATHAN-5025NU-P-Nathan-HPL-Vest/dp/B009T42F38

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Jan 19, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

a real rear end nigga posted:

So you just assume that the only people who use gloryholes are gay men? Who's the homophobe now? Retard.

Yeah he's horrible. But like if I wanted to prove that women also use glory holes, where would I go?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

Yeah he's horrible. But like if I wanted to prove that women also use glory holes, where would I go?

yer mums

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cage posted:

If you don't do that nobody will know what brand they are.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

I think they call it a clam vent in the ladies room.

Also, Meyers Basil hand soap and Rosemary hand soap are legit.

colas has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Jan 19, 2015

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bought a Fitbit Charge HR. Now I'm sperging over my heart rate while jogging and resting. My resting heart rate is 58 which could be good or it could mean I'm dying.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I bought a Fitbit Charge HR. Now I'm sperging over my heart rate while jogging and resting. My resting heart rate is 58 which could be good or it could mean I'm dying.

Under 60 is pretty darn good.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Mu Zeta posted:

58 is about par for the course but everyone is different. It certainly wouldn't get your doctor worrying that is for sure.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah I'm not worried about my heart. I'm still constantly pressing the button.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

My resting heart rate is 58 which could be good or it could mean I'm dying.

we're all dying.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Mu Zeta posted:

My resting heart rate is 142 (i'm 5'10" and 140lbs with no cholesterol or land whale issues), had all kinds of ECG's and stuff and told that i'm still 'ok' in spite of peaking at 159bpm in a 24 hour review.

I'm pretty sure 58 is perfectly fine.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cage posted:

Why are you wearing jeans baggy enough that this is a choice? It's not the 90s. ;)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

88h88 posted:

Why are you wearing jeans baggy enough that this is a choice? It's not the 90s. ;)

Why are you wearing pants at all?

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

Echeveria posted:

I bought this in a feeble attempt to tidy our main floor bathroom, by moving all my makeup and hair poo poo into the vanity, in our bedroom.

Tell me if this works for organization. If there isn't an extra bathroom in my new place I'm going to do this just to the bathroom isn't so cluttered with ladystuff.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Mu Zeta posted:

I ordered mine a week ago and posted in this thread, but it's currently "On truck for delivery"... and has been since Friday :argh:

Also, yesterday I bought some Nike running shoes (to go with said Fitbit), but I feel like if I post them, I'll be told they're terrible and I'm terrible :ohdear:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

dpack_1 posted:

My resting heart rate is 142

RiP man.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

dpack_1 posted:

My resting heart rate is 142 (i'm 5'10" and 140lbs with no cholesterol or land whale issues), had all kinds of ECG's and stuff and told that i'm still 'ok' in spite of peaking at 159bpm in a 24 hour review.

Are you Jason Statham?

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

dpack_1 posted:

Peaking at 159bpm is perfectly normal, 142 resting is definitely not. Adult average is usually around 70, under 60 is common for people in good physical condition. Even if it's steady, constant pulse of over 100 is a big strain on your heart and you seriously need to see another doctor.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I wish I could buy shoes and get all huffy about whether or not they're fashionable, but my achilles is super hosed up from a weight-lifting injury 3 years ago and at this point I will dump any amount of money into any shoes that don't feel like red-hot iron on my tendon.

Related purchase:

$600 worth of EPAT treatments in a last-ditch effort to avoid major surgery on my tendon. It's the first thing I've tried in 3 years that has shown any improvement at all. I might be back to lifting next year if all goes well!

I had a similar treatment on my knee and it was some of the most excruciating pain I have felt. They kept telling me it shouldn't hurt. Come to find out I had a shattered Tibia Plateau and they were literally rattling my bones.

Glad it's helping you, being able to walk without pain is worth the money.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

dpack_1 posted:

My resting heart rate is 142

You almost have the metabolism of a cat. I hope you'll make it to 30.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

JibbaJabberwocky posted:

Tell me if this works for organization. If there isn't an extra bathroom in my new place I'm going to do this just to the bathroom isn't so cluttered with ladystuff.

Seems to be. It's an adjustment to shower then go into the bedroom to get dressed and put on makeup, but none of my poo poo is scattered all across the bathroom anymore, so it's much easier to tidy and clean. I also put an organizer in the drawer, so instead of having all my makeup shoved in a makeup bag, All my brushes are in one compartment, shadows in another, lash curler, eyeliner and mascara in another, etc. It's much easier to find it all.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

dpack_1 posted:

My resting heart rate is 142 (i'm 5'10" and 140lbs with no cholesterol or land whale issues

This second part cannot possibly be true. Either that or you measured your "resting" heart rate after going for a brisk jog.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah, I think he measured it after "resting" after a run or something. RHR is measured after you wake up or haven't been physically active for hours.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This second part cannot possibly be true. Either that or you measured your "resting" heart rate after going for a brisk jog.

Jokes on you, he's a 140lb 5'10 newborn

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That's his secret, he's never resting

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Speaking of shoes and being a landwhale, I, for the first time in my life got "fitted" for real running shoes. Tried on a bunch at this local place, and went with these Brooks Glycerin 12 ones that felt the most supportive and comfy to walk in. As a bonus, they were by far the least neon looking shoes I tried.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

JEEVES420 posted:

I had a similar treatment on my knee and it was some of the most excruciating pain I have felt. They kept telling me it shouldn't hurt. Come to find out I had a shattered Tibia Plateau and they were literally rattling my bones.

Glad it's helping you, being able to walk without pain is worth the money.

Yup, worst pain I've ever felt too. Doctor told me it's more effective at higher levels, so I had him crank it up as high as possible and he had me point out where on the tendon it hurt the most so he could focus it there. Like you say, totally worth the pain & money to be able to walk without pain again.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I didn't know my shoe purchase would cause such a ruckus. I kinda took it as a "Hey grandpa, lose the lame-o kicks and get yourself some of this poo poo"...

Its OK though cause I pretty much am a lame-o with my plain old shoes.

I hope you actually did buy those shoes because they are seriously :krad:

I bought a canvas print Mondrian; I just need to figure out 1) how to hang it and 2) where to hang it in the office.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Dell Ultrasharp P2715Q. 27" of 4K goodness

iPhone 6

Hibiki 12yr. Delicious

I make poor financial decisions :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Blendy posted:

Jeez people need to chill out on this derail. I didn't tell him to buy those shoes, I wasn't telling anyone to buy green loafers. I was just posting a remark and thought the shoes in the CONTENT i was posting had a better shape/silhouette to them. All my comments on that dude's shoes were about the design and construction and I was giving an example of something more simple in design that would work for casual wear. I didn't feel like googling shoes and posting a bunch of options. If the guy likes his shoes then kudos to him, and everyone can just stop being butthurt over some shoes I didn't even buy or even look at more than to say "these are less distracting than his shoes" because who cares.

Content: I'm almost out of hand soap in the bathroom so I bought a three pack of Mrs. Meyers basil scented hand soap. I hope this doesn't outrage a bunch of goons.

Yeah but you also unironically suggested he read the fashion threads on SA so..