Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

Trying to make a Securitron from Fallout with an incredibly limited parts selection. I already know the pieces I want to order to fix the arms but is there a better piece for the face? Like a rounded rectangle plate?

That looks like Claptrap from Borderlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

obi_ant posted:

That looks like Claptrap from Borderlands.

It's the colour scheme.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Taeke posted:

It's the colour scheme.

And also the arms and the wheel.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Krazyface posted:

That picture's way too small, dude, I can barely make it out.

Phone posting so I can't tell the size, I'm assuming this is sarcasm and it's loving giant.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 19, 2015

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant posted:

Phone posting so I can't tell the size, I'm assuming this is sarcasm and it's loving giant.

I have a 27" monitor and its la1:1 match with RL blocks.

If it was built out of Duplo.

Also it totes looks like a Securitron.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Neurion posted:

What I'd like to know is if this poor guy is chasing a pipe dream or is actually onto something, albeit in a somewhat misdirected manner.

It really depends on the part, I'm pretty sure the people that buy PAB cups full of cheeseslopes and 1x2 grill tiles (such as the UV glow ones) can make a fairly large profit from flipping them. 2x4 bricks I consider unlikely to work. I think the last time I bought a PAB cup full of 1x8 tiles (I use them alot), the same number of them via online PAB / bricklink would have costs at least 2x - 3x as much. I still can't imagine all the work that goes into running a store and sending out lots of orders etc would make the profit worth the time it takes to do all that work though.

Speaking of which I really wish lego's PAB site wouldn't have a min price of 7 or 8 cents / piece, or alternatively would provide x50 allocations of small pieces, you can fit most likely thousands of some small pieces into a PAB cup while the same amount via the online store would cost 100$, and via bricklink 50$.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Part of the problem with PAB reselling is that most people on Bricklink won't want to pay $3 in shipping just for a couple of cheese slopes. Buyers will be looking to fill a bunch of parts at the same time so you need a large and varied inventory to attract customers, which has a lot of upfront and overhead costs (storage, sorting time, order picking, etc.)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
My local toys r us had dozens of the new micro fighters! ... Except the only one I wanted, which was sold out. AT-AT ;_;

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I just bought a bunch of micro fighters for building little robot guys.. but I can't bring myself to disassemble them!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So the London Toy Fair has confirmed the Scooby Doo sets: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/london-toy-fair-2015-report/

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So the London Toy Fair has confirmed the Scooby Doo sets: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/london-toy-fair-2015-report/

quote:

Headless Horseman (pumpkin on head which lifts off to reveal bad guy)

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Haunted Lighthouse. Love me some lighthouses. Actually they all sound good.

Also on the spiderman set, the Rhino minifig fits inside of brick built rhino sounds interesting. Wonder if the mini fig is normal sized with/without rhino suit or like the Lego video game one. All I know is this is gonna be a expensive Lego year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Miles Morales Spider-Man! Sold.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I don't care for scooby doo at all but I have a feeling I'll be getting all of those sets.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Finally got the Hotdog Guy. I felt up close to 100 bags. Mother fuckers picked them all out. Also, is the Helicarrier a real thing? Cause I am a responsible adult and I have a real Lego budget I need to stick to.... Yeah.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
I always have such good luck at Target, but it's probably because I'm there weekly. Picked up 2 minifig packs for the kids as treats since they were sick, didn't even feel them and I ended up with Hot Dog guy and Archeologist girl. I also managed to score the Friends stable set for 50% off.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Fred Meyer's doing a BOGO40% deal this week, and nothing's excluded, and they have Mixels s4 in stock (at least, my FM had one box. I took the last of the complete sets of 9).

The Lego booth at the Toy Fair is covered to prevent photography from the balconies. It's the only booth with one of these.
I can't find any sneakycam pics of the new sets, either. I don't see why Lego does this. It's not like they have any competitors that could get equivalent sets out soon enough to compete.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 21, 2015

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Need 4 more to finish series 13.

Galaxy Trooper
Paleontologist
Lady Cyclops
Classic King

I've got some Hot Dog guys I can trade, an Evil Wizard, Carpenter and a Goblin I can trade. Anyone?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

obi_ant posted:

Also, is the Helicarrier a real thing? Cause I am a responsible adult and I have a real Lego budget I need to stick to.... Yeah.

From one blog: No word on the UCS Avengers Helicarrier (76042) but there are new rumors that it will be revealed this week. - See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/#sthash.zuWLaHB8.dpuf

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

obi_ant posted:

Finally got the Hotdog Guy. I felt up close to 100 bags. Mother fuckers picked them all out. Also, is the Helicarrier a real thing? Cause I am a responsible adult and I have a real Lego budget I need to stick to.... Yeah.

I am pretty sure it is. It's not at the London Toy Fair but rumor is it might be unveiled next week.

Edit: goddamnit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

But it was also supposed to have maybe been previewed at a big Lego event/con this weekend past, and that clearly didn't happen.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Pyroclastic posted:

The Lego booth at the Toy Fair is covered to prevent photography from the balconies. It's the only booth with one of these.
I can't find any sneakycam pics of the new sets, either. I don't see why Lego does this. It's not like they have any competitors that could get equivalent sets out soon enough to compete.

Bootleg LEGO producers absolutely could.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
There was a little comparison / review of a bootleg Millenium Falcon microfighter, it was pretty impressive.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I guess we've hit peak exosuit because the lego store in Schaumburg is buried in the drat things.

I wanted to buy them all.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Non combat/conflict based Space Theme? Make it so.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I just ordered a bunch of bootleg mini figures by accident. Like 3 dozen. I'll review them when they get here(could be months, you know how these things go). There's Guardians of the Galaxy, TMNT, the new Star Wars blue armed troopers and DC/Marvel superheroes. I ordered them because I didn't realize knockoffs were that up to date.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Please do. I want the Batman and Joker that come with the ucs tumbler, but no way am I gonna pay $50 each. I'd put up with a decent knock-off.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

My Lego store finally got the at-at microfighter back in, so I grabbed two of those, they also got the double decker couch but ran out before I got there. :( next time gadget, next time.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Now I want Inspector Gadget lego sets.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What are we feeling for if we're looking for the Unicorn lady? I want that Unicorn head helmet.

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

RodShaft posted:

I just ordered a bunch of bootleg mini figures by accident. Like 3 dozen. I'll review them when they get here(could be months, you know how these things go). There's Guardians of the Galaxy, TMNT, the new Star Wars blue armed troopers and DC/Marvel superheroes. I ordered them because I didn't realize knockoffs were that up to date.

Where do you even find bootleg figures?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anora posted:

What are we feeling for if we're looking for the Unicorn lady? I want that Unicorn head helmet.

Process of elimination I'd think because everything else in the series is so easy to identify. I think the only possible minifig you could confuse with is the Disco Diva, and the Diva will have more parts floating around in the bag.

But I haven't gone bag pinching yet so I could be way off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Doomy posted:

Where do you even find bootleg figures?

eBay

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Anora posted:

The horn is a separate part and you can feel the ridges / spiral. Also the helm is fairly distinctive.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Anora posted:

The head has the two ears that are pretty distinct and it has the mane on the back, hard to mix up with the cyclops's headpiece which just has the one spike on top. The horn is a good clue and don't forget the unicorn also has a tail, it's semi-firm sort of like a beard and fits over the leg holes.

Here's what worked for me to find figures:
  • Space Marine: two laser guns, helmet.
  • Alien squid: big head piece and round bit for the gun.
  • Evil wizard: only figure this series with a dress piece. His staff is made up of two bits, try not to mix it up with the snake charmer's flute.
  • King: Sword, his crown is part of his hair if you find something with a lot of points.
  • Goblin: big hat piece, the bag is pretty distinct with the little handle on top and the curved sword is easy to find.
  • Snake charmer: turban and flute, but sometimes I'd find the snake first, it has a bend in it.
  • Cyclops: club and head piece, the head piece has the spike on top.
  • Paleontologist: the hat, then use the bone and amulet coin to verify.
  • Carpenter: I usually found the saw or 2x4 first.
  • Hot dog: nothing else feels like it, his suit is huge.
  • Sheriff: his gun or his wanted poster are usually what I found first.
  • Samurai: two swords.
  • Disco: a big hair piece and a bunch of little bits in the bag is her, she's on roller skates and carries the microphone.
  • Fencer: the big helmet and the sword.
  • Egyptian: the sword and shield.
The hot dog and the unicorn are both supposed to be rare, though, and with how easy they are to find, it might take some effort to get them. Despite being rare, I found a lot of disco and cyclops figs, probably less people want them.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

kefkafloyd posted:

Now I want Inspector Gadget lego sets.

I feel like the car would look a lot like the DeLorean

I also grabbed the new advanced tie fighter, which is Darth Vader's tie fighter, now I want one of each full size tie fighter. Unrelated, I now want to watch the original trilogy again.

anotherblownsave fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 22, 2015

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
My girlfriend brought me back some random bootleg figures from Thailand. Gandalf and Jor-El. They were pretty nifty and great quality. Highly recommend taking a chance on some if you're interested in getting some of the rarer figures out there.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

which one of you picked every hot dog guy from the Raleigh LEGO store? dang. girlfriend and I ended up with the Orc and the Cyclops. Not bad I guess

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

alg posted:

which one of you picked every hot dog guy from the Raleigh LEGO store? dang. girlfriend and I ended up with the Orc and the Cyclops. Not bad I guess

To further this post: how often do Lego stores get restocked inventory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

To further this post: how often do Lego stores get restocked inventory?

The one near me says they get shipments twice a week. As for their contents, who knows.