Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

They are not fedora's :argh:

They're not fedora's what? (also post a photo of you wearing a fedora or get out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

They are not fedora's :argh:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Not evil, just bad.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_vmOvfbg90

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
wait, hang on, I got this. I got this. Left, right? Left? Is it left? Right? Is it the right one? No gently caress, it's... No it's left. Pretty sure it's left. Left. ...?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Karate Bastard posted:

wait, hang on, I got this. I got this. Left, right? Left? Is it left? Right? Is it the right one? No gently caress, it's... No it's left. Pretty sure it's left. Left. ...?

Depends where you draw the line...

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

beato posted:

I'm going with the border being the line.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsk6jwqaLc

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012

beato posted:

These loss.jpg edits just keep getting weirder and weirder.

snipermonkey
Jun 30, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

It's a trick question, both of them are the bad side. All though the right side has bats and bats are cute :3:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

The Fat Swordsman posted:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Fat Swordsman posted:

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

But it's not, really. I've seen the pictures of nerds wearing them, there's also tons of normal people that like them. I see attractive women with fedoras or trilbies or whatever standing outside of nightclubs, pop stars and fashion models wear them. Goons make up some weird stereotypes.

You can pull off anything if you're hot enough. The gym today showed a Justin Timberlake video with him dancing around a club in a plaid trilby and he pulled it off because he's Justin loving Timberlake. If you or I showed up to the club in a plaid fedora we'd look like dorks because neither of us have the excess hotness to get away with it. Also I can't remember what else he was wearing but I'll bet it was tastefully put together by professional stylists who's job it was to make the outfit work as a whole and not a formless grimy T-shirt with an iron-on nerd culture logo on it.

The fedora isn't inherently bad, it's just so far out of fashion that unless you're really hot or you really, really know how to dress, it's going to look dumb, and if it's your sole nod towards a "look" in a mess of bad hair and gamer shirts, it's going to look like the crowning turd on a pile of poo poo.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

You can pull off anything if you're hot enough. The gym today showed a Justin Timberlake video with him dancing around a club in a plaid trilby and he pulled it off because he's Justin loving Timberlake. If you or I showed up to the club in a plaid fedora we'd look like dorks because neither of us have the excess hotness to get away with it. Also I can't remember what else he was wearing but I'll bet it was tastefully put together by professional stylists who's job it was to make the outfit work as a whole and not a formless grimy T-shirt with an iron-on nerd culture logo on it.

The fedora isn't inherently bad, it's just so far out of fashion that unless you're really hot or you really, really know how to dress, it's going to look dumb, and if it's your sole nod towards a "look" in a mess of bad hair and gamer shirts, it's going to look like the crowning turd on a pile of poo poo.

Yeah it's called style. You can have style if you have some sort of broader social awareness. I'm sorry if your un-groomed overgrown goatee, pockmarked face and mismatched, ill fitting 'suit' doesn't fit the picture.

The whole joke behind the fedora is that it is a catch all for uber huge beta nerds that fails time and time again to understand just what about this magical hat is so off.

Hint: it isn't the hat. It's you.

(Not you as in the quoted poster. Unless he owns one..)

Professor of Cats has a new favorite as of 02:27 on Jan 19, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Holy poo poo :allears:.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

You should really have let korgan post this. Like, done us all a solid and pm'ed it to him or something

just doesnt feel right without his av/name next to it

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

You should really have let korgan post this. Like, done us all a solid and pm'ed it to him or something

just doesnt feel right without his av/name next to it

But he's Confession Bear, not Tiger...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

From the sitcom thread in GBS

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

But it's not, really. I've seen the pictures of nerds wearing them, there's also tons of normal people that like them. I see attractive women with fedoras or trilbies or whatever standing outside of nightclubs, pop stars and fashion models wear them. Goons make up some weird stereotypes.

An alternate universe David Cross contemplates the choices that led him to this stage of his "life"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto
The Euro's culture can be quite a pickle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That is annoying because the payoff is a Brian Regan routine that has nothing to do with British terms for things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOOkH-bZQyk

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

This man is a professional hockey player:

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
gently caress the hat chat. Here's Skellie, the skeleton who is also a basic bitch.

Thank Miss Skeltal

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Spoeank posted:

That is annoying because the payoff is a Brian Regan routine that has nothing to do with British terms for things

Wait, are you saying that all the others are real? "Slappy ham" and "clammy rodgers" aren't jokes too?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Angela Christine posted:

Wait, are you saying that all the others are real? "Slappy ham" and "clammy rodgers" aren't jokes too?

It's that the payoff is a lazy theft that's not even funny.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Gettin a cold on the cob at my next shift at work.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sandweed posted:

We have reached peak fedora

There's only one thing I know about this guy, without having met him, or knowing anything about him other than what's in this picture.

This man's head smells like an open grave, filled with human poo poo, covered with hair, that is on fire.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

ThaGhettoJew posted:

The Euro's culture can be quite a pickle.

I legitimately want to start calling popsicles "cold on a cob" every time I see this. A perennial favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LogisticEarth posted:

I legitimately want to start calling popsicles "cold on a cob" every time I see this. A perennial favorite.
I descry what you did there.

• Locked thread