Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
can you imagine if they gave kraid the same makeover

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

can you imagine if they gave kraid the same makeover

the kraid stage is coming back in the DLC

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'd be ok with that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What is hoo haa, I am uncultured swine and know little other than it got the 280,000,000 get in a Diddy Kong thread like an hour ago

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Oh my GOD leffen vs armada was incredible.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

laplace posted:

Oh my GOD leffen vs armada was incredible.

armada's fox :worship:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So they said in the Direct that there's going to be a 3DS patch in February for amiibo support, and I wonder if that'll also be the patch for Miiverse and tournament stuff.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

bef posted:

armada's fox :worship:
life as we know it would be over if he got the double 4-stocks

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Is there a trick to the 'clear 20 Crazy Orders as Mario'?

I got to 12, barely, I just don't see how 20 is possible.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sharrrk posted:

other m ridley is ugly as sin. not even in a charming way. he's supposed to be a crazy bone dragon not this weird disgusting muscle beast. get him out

Yeah seriously, this Ridley is the loving worst.

Rorus Raz posted:

So they said in the Direct that there's going to be a 3DS patch in February for amiibo support, and I wonder if that'll also be the patch for Miiverse and tournament stuff.

lol

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm convinced there's a huge overlap between people who want Ridley playable in Smash and Gamergaters. Call it a hunch.

I really wished that score screen with the Ridley icon leaked before they confirmed he's a stage hazard that could be KO'd. :can:

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Jesus, crazy grand finals so far.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Stallion Cabana posted:

Is there a trick to the 'clear 20 Crazy Orders as Mario'?

I got to 12, barely, I just don't see how 20 is possible.

Equipment.

-Fast Fireball
-Quick Batter
-Home Run Bat
-First Strike Invincibility

You'll get it eventually. Try to fight as few enemies as possible so you have a higher chance of getting in the first hit, then go nuts.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 19, 2015

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind if there were a few designated "item zones" where items would end up spawning, kind of like how old FPS games had designated spots where the power weapons spawned. It would encourage mobility because protecting the item zones would be important for preventing an opponent from seizing the advantage, and also reduce randomness a good deal.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I dont think most stages are that big friend

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
How do you play mario effectively in For Glory? People keep saying he's a good character, but what makes him good? None of his moves feel particularly effective.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

prom candy posted:

How do you play mario effectively in For Glory? People keep saying he's a good character, but what makes him good? None of his moves feel particularly effective.

I've fought really good Mario players that just trap me in their punches and I have no idea how to get out of them. They do this uppercut move with him like 4 or 5 times in a row and I swear it's impossible to get out of it, and then follow it up with a kickflip. Mario aint no joke

They're also terrifying when it comes to you trying to get back on screen, cause his downward punch if he gets you off stage will gently caress up your day

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
This sucks. I've beaten Classic with every character. I got the Milestone, and I obviously have every trophy, but I haven't unlocked the "Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 or higher with all characters" Challenge and I'm not sure how I'll be able to tell which characters I still need to complete the challenge. The problem is that I did a bunch of Classic in Co-Op mode with my friend, and the select screen doesn't keep track of who beat it in that mode.

Can anyone think of a way for me to figure this out short of going in and replaying Classic with all the characters again?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

prom candy posted:

-His forward air will meteor people. Use it.
-His down smash is quick and effective against rollers.
-The cape is stupidly effective and annoying if used properly, especially against projectiles like Villager's lloyd rocket.
-Use his down air spin as a ground attack when you can.

Mario is really good but I like Dr. Mario better.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Macaluso posted:

I've fought really good Mario players that just trap me in their punches and I have no idea how to get out of them. They do this uppercut move with him like 4 or 5 times in a row and I swear it's impossible to get out of it, and then follow it up with a kickflip. Mario aint no joke

They're also terrifying when it comes to you trying to get back on screen, cause his downward punch if he gets you off stage will gently caress up your day

That's his uptilt. It's brain dead easy to do . At low % if you get in close just grab them, down throw and uptilt spam until it looks like they're going to escape, then just jump and upair spam.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
mario's aerials are really good

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
His NAIR comes out fast, stays out long, and has crazy priority. Throw out that kick and fast fall your way to easy damage.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!

Reinanigans posted:

This sucks. I've beaten Classic with every character. I got the Milestone, and I obviously have every trophy, but I haven't unlocked the "Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 or higher with all characters" Challenge and I'm not sure how I'll be able to tell which characters I still need to complete the challenge. The problem is that I did a bunch of Classic in Co-Op mode with my friend, and the select screen doesn't keep track of who beat it in that mode.

Can anyone think of a way for me to figure this out short of going in and replaying Classic with all the characters again?

I had this exact same problem.

Basically you are screwed.

First, try all the characters which had their own challenges you might have attempted on lower difficulties (clear classic quickly with olimar etc).

Second, go into the trophy gallery, sort by order obtained, and find all the character trophies you got playing in blocks with your friend. Rule them out (if you are certain you had no failed runs), and find the character trophies from earlier solo play sessions and try them.

Third, you can't trust the solo character select screen either. If you are assuming someone is done because it says 7.0 next to their name, are you sure that was not a failed run at 7.0 that you quit halfway through? Look for scores that are suspiciously lower than scores of characters you definitely finished 7.0 with (although the scores won't be that different if you quit near the end).

I got super lucky and the challenge popped on my 5th character rerun. It was someone I was sure I had done in co op but must have skipped on account of already having the trophy from an earlier low difficulty run.

Good luck, it's a terrible position to be in.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Reinanigans posted:

At that point I'd say "gently caress it, I did it" and hammer it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Szmitten posted:

At that point I'd say "gently caress it, I did it" and hammer it.

Good life advice.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Took the plunge and bought this, never played a Smash game in my life. So far I learned that at least one of the characters I like (Rosalina) is high tier so hopefully I won't spend too much of my time getting wrecked.

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

Raserys posted:

Equipment.

-Fast Fireball
-Quick Batter
-Home Run Bat
-First Strike Invincibility

You'll get it eventually. Try to fight as few enemies as possible so you have a higher chance of getting in the first hit, then go nuts.

I usually roll with vampire rather than first strike invincibility, but that's the general idea.

Also, always take metal battles if you get the option. They don't attack as often and die in one swing just the same.

Reinanigans posted:

If you decide to do the All-Star on hard with everybody, I recommend keeping a list.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Thanks for the advice! It actually popped on my second character. It was Wario. I had done his challenge of 5.5 with no customs at exactly 5.5 and then did another small challenge with him at a low difficulty but forgot. When I saw I had 2 of his trophies I assumed one of them was a co-op run.

The only challenges I have left are 700 trophies (I'm at 650+), all hats (I need 11 more), 300000G (I'm at 100k+), all custom moves, and 50000 blocks in Trophy Rush. All of them are just going to be tedious, but luckily, aside from Trophy Rush, I can probably complete them all through playing All Star and Crazy Orders.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

In some tournament videos I've seen people do some kind of tech where they use their neutral-b in midair and it like makes them shift quite a bit to one side while falling? i've seen this done with Wii Fit and Villager and seeing as those are my favorite characters I was wondering if someone knows how to that.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Lets Pickle posted:

In some tournament videos I've seen people do some kind of tech where they use their neutral-b in midair and it like makes them shift quite a bit to one side while falling? i've seen this done with Wii Fit and Villager and seeing as those are my favorite characters I was wondering if someone knows how to that.

Just tap the opposite direction as you press B. It can't be done from neutral stick position, so you have to be moving a direction; Push the stick the full diameter across and hit B as it taps.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!

Reinanigans posted:

Thanks for the advice! It actually popped on my second character. It was Wario. I had done his challenge of 5.5 with no customs at exactly 5.5 and then did another small challenge with him at a low difficulty but forgot.

You're very lucky!

I also only need a few challenges but pretty different ones.

I am putting off the all star on hard one cos even though I've been keeping a list I'm dreading a similar thing happening.

Lon Lon Rabbit fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 20, 2015

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Some good tips for Trophy Rush with the Doc:

1) Save the gold blocks for when they'll fill you up a ton. There's no point to breaking one if a few more regular boxes will lead you to a bonus.

2) When you go have a bonus round raining down on you, stop attacking about a second before it ends so that there are a ton of coin hexagons everywhere. You can then attack those to fill up a ton of the bonus bar really fast.

3) Give the Doc a good amount of speed and some defense. Pretty much everything is going to break with any attack or at the very least a minimum power smash attack.

All this said, you still have to get pretty lucky with drops!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anyone have any good tutorials for Jigglypuff?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
bait them by holding onto the ledge, this will naturally gravitate them towards you as they think it will be easy to kill you. They are wrong. Time this next move correctly...keep on grabbing the ledge to achieve a bit of invincibility frames if you are about 2 be attacked (but only for a while!!! you only have 5 grabs). Next step is important. Surprise them with Jiggly's hidden sleeper: Sing. They will be instantly paralyzed and helpess for the next 3 seconds...Nows your chance...get your sweet sexy jiggly rear end right in the opponents face and land them with REST!!!!

bef fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 20, 2015

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Do Training Final Smashes not count as the Final Smashes for the 'view every character's Final Smash'?

I thought I did all of them but apparently not?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stallion Cabana posted:

Do Training Final Smashes not count as the Final Smashes for the 'view every character's Final Smash'?

You are essentially playing Practice mode. its not the real thing.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Stallion Cabana posted:

They did in the 3DS Version.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Have you unlocked all the characters? :v:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

NTT posted:

Have you unlocked all the characters? :v:

I have, indeed. I guess it's off to random smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Stallion Cabana posted:

I believe training does count, but it won't count if the CPU uses a final smash; it has to be a human player.

• Locked thread