Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pomp posted:

He raped and murdered like 5 people.

And possessed people to force them to commit murders and poo poo. Like dude got off easy. Jotaro and the rest of the SC would have just loving murdered him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm pretty sure being killed is better than "living" as a rock, unable to eat, breathe, sleep, etc.

I bet Cars would love to die.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Everybody always talkin bout angelo the rock but nobody ever bringing up the haunted book made up of that guy who could fold anything into paper

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Pomp posted:

He raped and murdered like 5 people.

Oh, I'm not saying he didn't deserve it. I just love that Jotaro says Josuke's healing powers come from his good heart when Josuke does stuff like threaten to kill Yukako, traps a person in a book and heals a beaten man so he can beat him again.. He even put a sign up on Angelo's Rock that says Please Have Your Dog poo poo Here.

Yet he never kills anyone.

Josuke is cool.

e: Pretty sure he also beats the poo poo out of Rohan before healing him. Rohan totally had that coming though.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 19, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He also burned down Rohan's house, conned him out of money, and pissed him off so bad that he cut off his own finger.

Diamond is Unbreakable is basically Ed, Edd, n' Eddy only better.

Rohan would be a pretty good Rolf, in hindsight.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The alien is Rolf, actually.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Even given the possibility of pissing Josuke up enough that he turns you into a horrifying immortal but inanimate abomination, part 4 is probably the best place to do it. They're remarkably chill about hanging out with former enemies in Morioh. On the other hand, if you're an enemy in part 5 you may as well just kiss your family goodbye the moment you get a stand.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Life has many Heaven's Doors, Jo-boy!

Edit: Also, you're only half-right. Part 4 is Ed Edd n Eddy crossed with Always Sunny.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The end of the theoretical part 5 anime should just be Purple Haze: Feedback instead.

Please do not insert Fanfiction into the JoJo timeline and let Araki's stupid poo poo be its own, thanks.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He also burned down Rohan's house, conned him out of money, and pissed him off so bad that he cut off his own finger.

Josuke fixed Rohan's finger and offered multiple times to fix his house.

"Hey, it's Rohan! I hate that guy!" may be the best line out of Josuke

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Also he didn't end up getting any money out of that whole deal

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Josuke is the best JoJo and I don't know how anyone could say otherwise, with the possible exception of Johnny but really he has a ton of help from Gyro there.

Rohan is basically the best character in history, though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I feel like Rohan kinda overpowers Part 4 when he shows up, but I cannot wait to see that part where Rohan kills and eats a spider so he can learn how to draw it better animated.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Beef Waifu posted:

Please do not insert Fanfiction into the JoJo timeline and let Araki's stupid poo poo be its own, thanks.
In my fanfiction, Sol is a Jojo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nahxela posted:

In my fanfiction, Sol is a Jojo

That's not too far of a stretch given how he oras and yares

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

Life has many Heaven's Doors, Jo-boy!

Edit: Also, you're only half-right. Part 4 is Ed Edd n Eddy crossed with Always Sunny.

Jaw is Unbreakable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also Rohan is CLEARLY Kevin.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

It was pretty good fanfiction to be fair.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

I still don't get one thing about King Crimson. We once see Diavolo dodge bullets by erasing the time when the bullets hit, but I think that contradicts the solution for finding out when time has been erased. If Polnareff drops blood on his hand isn't it very likely that the blood falls through his hand where he wouldn't notice it, making it useless?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He's just watching for the blood to skip.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Mugticket posted:

I still don't get one thing about King Crimson. We once see Diavolo dodge bullets by erasing the time when the bullets hit, but I think that contradicts the solution for finding out when time has been erased. If Polnareff drops blood on his hand isn't it very likely that the blood falls through his hand where he wouldn't notice it, making it useless?

Only Diavolo is removed from causality during erased time, everything else happens normally, including blood falling onto someone's hands. The rules of the erased time is that nothing interacts with Diavolo, who in turn can't interact with anything, and otherwise, everything happens exactly as Epitaph predicted.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Doesn't he splash blood in someone's eyes during the erased time once?

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

I checked the scene again and he is clearly looking at the place where the droplets fall and when one appears he knows to get ready. Watching the blood skip would definitely work though, so maybe it's just a stylistic choice to show the erasure of time with the splatters.

edit:^^Thanks. Now everything makes sense.

Mugticket fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 19, 2015

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Josuke is the best JoJo and I don't know how anyone could say otherwise, with the possible exception of Johnny but really he has a ton of help from Gyro there.

It's entirely possible because Jolyne exists and is so goddamn badass that she makes all other JoJos look like clowns in comparison.

Agreed.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

I think he throws it so that it floats in front of their face, instead of directly putting it in their eyes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's entirely possible because Jolyne exists and is so goddamn badass that she makes all other JoJos look like clowns in comparison.

I dunno, I love Josuke's blend of Joseph goofiness and Jotaro badassery. Jolyne is great too, though; honestly the only one that isn't at least really good is Jonathan.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Joseph will never not be the Best Jojo.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I like Giorno.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

:siren: SPEEDWAGON IS PLAYABLE IN THE NEW JOJO GAME :siren:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

RatHat posted:

I think that's one rather ingenious loophole Diavolo exploits: during erased time, only he can move freely, so of course he can't murder someone until normal time resumes (which is why The World is still better offensively, if it weren't for King Crimson's unparalleled strength). But his blood counts as part of himself, so he can place it freely as well!

Man, the more people talk about King Crimson, the sadder I get he never really got beat in a proper fight. Fighting him would be like facing The World. And the worst thing about it? Giorno already had the perfect ability to counter ten-second prediction: a punch that made the target experience time much, much slower... Then Diavolo could erase a few milliseconds at best, and that just wouldn't be enough to actually move somewhere else during erased time. Make Diavolo believe he's safe when he isn't, like Jotaro did during the rat fight in Part 4, and land a single punch. Araki probably forgot about that ability immediately after it was used against Bruno, but that would've been a sweet comeback, no? :v:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

I dunno, I love Josuke's blend of Joseph goofiness and Jotaro badassery.

Josuke is sort of a typical shonen manga hero at a glance. He's goofy and fun, but gets serious if he has to. But because this is JoJo, it's amplified x10 and it never feels stale. Him coming right after Jotaro "Punch Man" Kujo really feels refreshing.

He's a great mix of Joseph and Jotaro and still feels like his own even when sharing the screen with them. Josuke's great.

He also has great hair.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 19, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araki tried to top Josuke in the amazing hair department with Giorno, but fell just so slightly short, and then he took another swing with Jolyne and didn't come close and just gave up.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Torquemadras posted:

I think that's one rather ingenious loophole Diavolo exploits: during erased time, only he can move freely, so of course he can't murder someone until normal time resumes (which is why The World is still better offensively, if it weren't for King Crimson's unparalleled strength). But his blood counts as part of himself, so he can place it freely as well!

Man, the more people talk about King Crimson, the sadder I get he never really got beat in a proper fight. Fighting him would be like facing The World. And the worst thing about it? Giorno already had the perfect ability to counter ten-second prediction: a punch that made the target experience time much, much slower... Then Diavolo could erase a few milliseconds at best, and that just wouldn't be enough to actually move somewhere else during erased time. Make Diavolo believe he's safe when he isn't, like Jotaro did during the rat fight in Part 4, and land a single punch. Araki probably forgot about that ability immediately after it was used against Bruno, but that would've been a sweet comeback, no? :v:

Eh, Araki tends to have the final confrontations rely more on thematic stuff (at least since part 2/3) than on continuing how the storyline has gone so far. Diavolo's entire MO is about cheating, taking shortcuts, and doing anything possible to avoid risking himself. Stability and success at any price. Gold Experience Requiem then proceeds to blow through all of that by simply being stronger than anything he can do and forcing him to live in a world of perpetual failure and uncertainty.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

:siren: SPEEDWAGON IS PLAYABLE IN THE NEW JOJO GAME :siren:

Speedwagon's eyes are the true Eyes of Heaven.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Effectronica posted:

Eh, Araki tends to have the final confrontations rely more on thematic stuff (at least since part 2/3) than on continuing how the storyline has gone so far. Diavolo's entire MO is about cheating, taking shortcuts, and doing anything possible to avoid risking himself. Stability and success at any price. Gold Experience Requiem then proceeds to blow through all of that by simply being stronger than anything he can do and forcing him to live in a world of perpetual failure and uncertainty.

I wrote it before, Diavolo's fate is pretty cool. But being stronger than absolutely anything the enemy could do because you happened to luck into the specific power that counters him perfectly? Super boring. The only comparable finale would be that of Part 7, and that ultimate counter to the big bad's ability was not only earned, it had tons of build-up, it wasn't the immediate end of the battle, and Johnny actually lost his next fight with it. Golden Experience Requiem is just such a weak resolution.

...I don't wanna talk about Part 5 anymore. :(

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I think your ultimate problem is that the good guys won because the author wrote them a way to win, which is how people win against other characters in works of fiction.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I think your ultimate problem is that the good guys won because the author wrote them a way to win, which is how people win against other characters in works of fiction.

In a way that's out of step with how Araki normally writes resolutions to his conflicts and-

Oh nevermind, the subtlety must be lost on you.

The Diavolo resolution is terrible, and it's generally agreed upon to be terrible for a specific reason.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I don't care what a bunch false intellectual morons agreed upon. It was resolved in the ways of anime, the way or true power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Nothing pisses me off like some D&D guy challenging me on anime like he knows anything in life except how to waste it.

• Locked thread