Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Takoluka posted:

SP/Musou meters.

Thanks for the clarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kin posted:

Thanks for the clarity.

It is the yellow bar under your hearts.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Unsealing the Master Sword's special ability just requires all the weapons from the original Adventure map, right? I don't have to do Cia/Volga/Wizro's stuff on Master Quest?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

jivjov posted:

Unsealing the Master Sword's special ability just requires all the weapons from the original Adventure map, right? I don't have to do Cia/Volga/Wizro's stuff on Master Quest?

Correct.

Also, it appears you have to get all levels of weapons (from the original adventure mode.) There are some weapons that I skipped the level 1 and level 2 versions and just snagged the level 3 version and it appears to not have been good enough to start letting me get the Master Sword's ability... I don't want to go grab a bunch of pointless level 2 weapons.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is the yellow bar under your hearts.

At my house this is called the anime meter.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Any recommendations for where to get the Master Sword KO's quickly? I'm guessing just find your favorite Rack Up KO's stage in the Master or TP map and go to town over and over?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Some Zant tips from me to you: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668508&pagenumber=115&perpage=40#post439674387

Basically Zant has actual flaws unlike the best characters in the game but he can still do just fine in most missions (i.e. ones not involving giant bosses).

What are your thoughts on Zant's C4, the one where he does some short hops forward before dropping a giant energy ball on the enemies? It's pretty much become my go-to combo for him in keeps. It doesn't have the invuln of C3, but it moves him around to cover more area, has a big suction effect, hits more reliably, and the hits come out fast enough to stop anything smaller than a named officer from interrupting.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

ElegantFugue posted:

Any recommendations for where to get the Master Sword KO's quickly? I'm guessing just find your favorite Rack Up KO's stage in the Master or TP map and go to town over and over?

What are your thoughts on Zant's C4, the one where he does some short hops forward before dropping a giant energy ball on the enemies? It's pretty much become my go-to combo for him in keeps. It doesn't have the invuln of C3, but it moves him around to cover more area, has a big suction effect, hits more reliably, and the hits come out fast enough to stop anything smaller than a named officer from interrupting.

The bottom left corner of the MQ map is a KO mission that drops high level stuff, so I used that. It is also Agitha commanding an army of Dark Ganondorfs so it is ridiculous anyway.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've noticed that amiibo rewards seem to be overwhelmingly weighted toward 3rd tier weapons. I wasn't getting any swords or gauntlets for Link until I unlocked the Power Glove and Magic Sword, now they're showing up off and on in among the Spinners and Eponas.

I wish it was just a straight random weapon...I'd like at least a shot at a decent tier 2 for certain characters to help me with their tier 3 maps.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
When you get a tier 2 or 3 weapon from adventure mode, does that mean all weapons of that type/level are going to be what drops or are they just going to be mixed in with the regular trash that drops?

I noticed a level 2 gauntlet for link had a different name (it was golden something).
Or do you only get level 2 and 3 weapons from finishing a quest in adventure mode?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Takoluka posted:

Haha, I forget that waggle controls even exist for this game. Still, I wonder. Are a lot of you new to Warriors games in general?
Yup, never played any of them before. I might go back and get one now, though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

ElegantFugue posted:

His C4 is okay but I've been hit from the side during it often enough that I generally don't go to it. It's also much slower at filling the crazy bar than C3 and I think even C6.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Kin posted:

When you get a tier 2 or 3 weapon from adventure mode, does that mean all weapons of that type/level are going to be what drops or are they just going to be mixed in with the regular trash that drops?

I noticed a level 2 gauntlet for link had a different name (it was golden something).
Or do you only get level 2 and 3 weapons from finishing a quest in adventure mode?

Once you've unlocked a new rank of weapon then it gets added to the random drops you can get normally. Harder levels/difficulties skew higher ranked weapons, and weapon skills/apothecary potions can also affect your drops, but it's mostly just a crapshoot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Alacron posted:

Once you've unlocked a new rank of weapon then it gets added to the random drops you can get normally. Harder levels/difficulties skew higher ranked weapons, and weapon skills/apothecary potions can also affect your drops, but it's mostly just a crapshoot.

Adding to this: yeah, different weapon tiers have different names. Link's Gauntlets are Silver Gauntlets, Gold Gauntlets, Power Glove; for example. The 8-bit weapons (most of which are in the Master Quest and Twilight maps) are equal in strength to the 3rd tier weapons.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

ElegantFugue posted:

I feel pretty much the same way. C3 and C4 are the only trash-killing combos I think are worth using with Zant, and they're actually pretty good at building meter and clearing groups respectively. The only problem I have with C4 is that when it ends there's a slight delay before you can dash cancel and it's gotten me hit a few times, but you're far less stationary than with the later combos so it's still better. And as Shadow Ninja said, C4 fills the bar slowly, but I find it easier to control how much I gain that way.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Augh, just tried to tackle a level ~85 network Link with my level 50 Zelda. It was certainly an epic 45 minutes, and I won, but it really wasn't worth the time.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Vaguely steeling myself already for the torment that is to come. Luckily it comes out on a Thursday, which is the start of my 4-day weekend. Gonna crush this adventure map into the floor.

Everyone else might not like the difficulty, but I actually enjoyed the TP map? I would've been bored if I just steamrolled everything with no effort.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Everyone else might not like the difficulty, but I actually enjoyed the TP map? I would've been bored if I just steamrolled everything with no effort.

I wasn't put off by the difficulty per se so much as the grinding I would need to do to get anything done. I only had 3 characters in the 90s going into the TP map because the other maps were A-rankable without excessive grinding. I don't have the rupees nor interest to get everyone high enough to A-rank the TP stages and I'm expecting the MM map to be more of the same.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't mind that the TP map is difficult, I mind the A-ranks being nigh-impossible to get because the damage requirements for A-rank don't scale with the increased damage enemies do. I can beat stages fine, I just can't A-rank them which annoys me, because every mission on the map near the center of it is basically a "Don't get hit!" mission if you want to A-rank. And that's just lovely and unfun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vanrushal posted:

I wasn't put off by the difficulty per se so much as the grinding I would need to do to get anything done. I only had 3 characters in the 90s going into the TP map because the other maps were A-rankable without excessive grinding. I don't have the rupees nor interest to get everyone high enough to A-rank the TP stages and I'm expecting the MM map to be more of the same.

I think its been said before, but weapon quality (particularly the combo booster skills) matters way, way, way more than level. I'm using characters anywhere from ~50-70 and am capable of getting A ranks on the twilight map if it weren't for being careless and taking too much damage. Level certainly helps, but a good 5 star tier 3 weapon will get you much farther. The balanced attack maps are the only ones I consistently struggle with.

Granted that's just exchanging one grind for another, but finding a usable weapon isn't as annoying as just flat out grinding cash or levels.

Also giant sword Impa is also proving to be really good for a lot of the missions if you only care about unlocking the map, since her combos generally help her avoid hits by getting her out of the way, the water debuff helps with damage more than most other debuffs, and her special attack has huge range and is really strong.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 19, 2015

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

chumbler posted:

I think its been said before, but weapon quality (particularly the combo booster skills) matters way, way, way more than level. I'm using characters anywhere from ~50-70 and am capable of getting A ranks on the twilight map if it weren't for being careless and taking too much damage. Level certainly helps, but a good 5 star tier 3 weapon will get you much farther. The balanced attack maps are the only ones I consistently struggle with.

Granted that's just exchanging one grind for another, but finding a usable weapon isn't as annoying as just flat out grinding cash or levels.

It's been a while since I've played but I'm pretty sure most of my dudes have at least a 4-star tier 3, I know I have several 5-stars. Hopefully the skill removal option will help optimize that a bit, so there's that to look forward to at least.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wish Anju was in teh Majora's Mask dlc.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

she ran a hotel waiting for a her love to come back only to have Link help reconnect their lives on the final day.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anime Curator posted:

I wish Anju was in teh Majora's Mask dlc.

Unlockable costume for Lana.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In the later levels does each level hit a certain flat rate? Been grinding a couple characters up in the bottom left of MQ map just to kill time and I noticed Twili Midna has always gotten 5 levels each time she's ran through it.

Also it's hilarious getting 3000+ kills with her, she's bonkers and I forgot how :allears:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
the worst part of lana's skullkid outfit is that it simultaneously guarantees skullkid will never be playable in a video game, and also confirms they'll never use the mask as a weapon or something. so it's double jeopardy bullshit

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I dunno, while skull kid seems like a no-brainer, what exactly would he do? His primary gimmick, loving with the moon, is already covered in spades by this game. Not that they couldn't just invent a new move set for him, but you get what I mean, right? I honestly would have wanted to see the Happy Mask Salesman...I can think of like 8 different combos that could be done with different masks, and his lack-of-transition-animation movement style would be SUPER surreal in this game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

jivjov posted:

I dunno, while skull kid seems like a no-brainer, what exactly would he do? His primary gimmick, loving with the moon, is already covered in spades by this game. Not that they couldn't just invent a new move set for him, but you get what I mean, right?

you can't use this excuse anymore because agitha

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
He beats the crap out of stuff, all his focus/special attacks involve an angry moon crashing into the world or the world ending. Done. :)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Skull Kid is dumb and I'm happy he's not in. :twisted:

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

jivjov posted:

I dunno, while skull kid seems like a no-brainer, what exactly would he do?

He's still a Skull Kid who just happens to have Majora's Mask. Skull Kids in Ocarina of Time have flutes that they can use like blowdarts to attack people they don't like.

This Skull Kid is a thief, he stole Epona, the Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask.

He also has two fairies who hang out with him.

Majora's Mask alone can turn into a sentient mask that can transform into giant forms and smash things.

So, there was no excuse. You can ignore the moon all together and Skull Kid + Majora's Mask can do a lot of things.

C1) Toss Fairy (like a projectile).
C2) Scream. (Paralyzes nearby enemies)
C3) Flute Blow Dart
C4) Punch (He punches his fairy friend for saying too much)
C5) ?????
C6) Goofy Dance (As seen through the telescope). Similar to Lana's Block Rolling Attack; big crowd clearing move.

Special A Button: Plays "Oath to Order" on his flute and the 4 giants show up and clear the screen.
Magic Meter: Puts on Majora's Mask and turns into Majora's Wrath. As long as the magic meter isn't depleted, control Majora's Wrath and make stuff die.

There, just invent one more combo move and he's a character.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Skull Kid is dumb and I'm happy he's not in. :twisted:

You are a monster.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Young Link's Musou has him killing Skull Kid so he's in the game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i mean tingle pops balloons and throws kisses at people. coming up with five or six moves for a crazy three-stage boss like Majora shouldn't be any trouble at all.

but it's easier to just scale down Link and slap all of this into one attack right!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

People's obssession with Skull Kid is weird. They treat him like he's one of the Most Important Characters Ever and it's shocking Nintendo isn't leveraging the poo poo out of him or whatever.

Excels posted:

i mean tingle pops balloons and throws kisses at people. coming up with five or six moves for a crazy three-stage boss like Majora shouldn't be any trouble at all.

but it's easier to just scale down Link and slap all of this into one attack right!!!

Tingle has been in multiple games and literally is the star of two games. He has been playable more than Zelda has.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the fact that we can't play as Majora's Incarnation is the real crime here

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Excels posted:

you can't use this excuse anymore because agitha Tingle

Fixed.

Excels posted:

the worst part of lana's skullkid outfit is that it simultaneously guarantees skullkid will never be playable in a video game, and also confirms they'll never use the mask as a weapon or something. so it's double jeopardy bullshit

It's like Ridley all over again! (Really, I would have preferred Happy Mask Salesman as the weird borderline joke MM character, but we all saw this coming so eh).

mycot fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 19, 2015

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Tingle has been in multiple games and literally is the star of two games. He has been playable more than Zelda has.

the majora's mask pack contains one skullkid outfit and Fierce Deity, everything else in that pack has nothing to do with Majora

also those OOT outfits are models ripped straight from the 3DS version, imo they should be free even if you didn't buy the full dlc pass

Excels fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 19, 2015

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

ImpAtom posted:

People's obssession with Skull Kid is weird. They treat him like he's one of the Most Important Characters Ever and it's shocking Nintendo isn't leveraging the poo poo out of him or whatever.

Yeah after they made the iconic villains of Twilight Princess and Skyward sword playable, it's totally weird that people would expect the Majora's Mask dlc to make that game's iconic villain playable, I dunno where that's even coming from

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Suaimhneas posted:

Yeah after they made the iconic villains of Twilight Princess and Skyward sword playable, it's totally weird that people would expect the Majora's Mask dlc to make that game's iconic villain playable, I dunno where that's even coming from

And the villains of Hyrule Warriors are playable, even.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Majoras Mask sucks anyway. I'm glad they included two characters that aren't exclusively from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Excels posted:

the majora's mask pack contains one skullkid outfit and Fierce Deity, everything else in that pack has nothing to do with Majora

also those OOT outfits are models ripped straight from the 3DS version, imo they should be free even if you didn't buy the full dlc pass

Tingle debuted in Majora's Mask. Also I think it's a bit early to go "Young Link has nothing to do with the Majora's Mask version" when we've barely seen his moveset.

Suaimhneas posted:

It is perfectly reasonable to expect it but to get super-angry that they didn't include him and act like it's completely bewildering they didn't is sort of weird.

People did the same poo poo with Smash Brothers and it made even less sense there.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 19, 2015

• Locked thread