Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

iyaayas01 posted:

Well this was a thing that happened so

Wait, you're making GBS threads me right? This thing doesn't have a manual backup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sure it does. The ejection handles!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

kane did nothing wrong

YouTube has a Hell March for every occasion

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

You fight evil around the world every day, Drone striking weddings and using vaccine programs to catch freedom fighters. Then you wake up and realize you are the Brotherhood of Nod and China are actually the good guys.

Peace through (superior fire-) Power

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I would go back and do it all again if Joseph Kucan would record all my mission briefings in front of a giant NOD logo.

CMD598 posted:

Wait, you're making GBS threads me right? This thing doesn't have a manual backup?
The manual backup is usually a handle that blows the canopy breaker explosives. If it's a choice between a tornado of fiberglass and explosions, or waiting for the firemen to cut me out, I know which one I'm going with.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
The manual backup on an F-22 is a speed handle and a poo poo ton of cranking.

I can't remember why that wasn't an option in the photo but cutting the canopy is definitely preferable to blowing it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Watching muds rice fields get carpet bombed while hell march plays in the background got me pretty hard, not gonna lie.

Also, flamethrower tanks just seems like the most metal idea we've ever had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WnZyxp_Wo meanwhile this is Japan's hell march, not that I expected anything better.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 19, 2015

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
http://www.tpnn.com/2015/01/19/seth-rogen-insults-american-hero-chris-kyle-in-a-big-way/

lol for a variety of reasons

First, the tea party news network. Second, this is deffo going to make some crazy people insanely butthurt.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Every day that isn;t the American national anthem is a day we all live a lie.

Imagine the podium at the Olympics as this blares at full volume reminding all the lovely little countries that the only thing keeping them from being turned in to a glass parking lot is a small string of restraint

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

http://www.tpnn.com/2015/01/19/seth-rogen-insults-american-hero-chris-kyle-in-a-big-way/

First, the tea party news network. Second, this is deffo going to make some crazy people insanely butthurt.

Rogen actually is kinda right about that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI1fqOELQ48&t=150s

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

pretty apt, not sure why anyone's feelings are hurt tho nazi snipers are cool, like ed harris in that one flick

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Yea...not really if you think about it at all.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Rogen got higher than gently caress and said that it kinda sorta reminded him of it.

Two dudes, sniping other dudes, and some emotions.

Close enough for a high twitter post. Or tumblr. Or whatever the gently caress it was.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The manual backup on an F-22 is a speed handle and a poo poo ton of cranking.

I can't remember why that wasn't an option in the photo but cutting the canopy is definitely preferable to blowing it.

Some screws came loose in just the right fashion to physically prevent the canopy from being able to open.

The best part is that the sequence of events started with a red ball for canopy unlock indication...so after cycling it several times and being unable to get it to clear, after the last cycle is got stuck in the down and locked position (i.e., the cycling caused the last bit of movement for the screws to finish working themselves loose into the position needed to physically prevent the canopy from opening.)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

quote:

Perhaps as a Canadian, Rogen doesn’t quite understand the concept of ‘freedom’ and what our military gives up in their fight for it.

loving lol

I had no idea that the tea party news network was a thing, I'm really curious how many people read it and honestly think that America is the only country that understands the concept of freedom. Hopefully very few.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Generation Internet posted:

loving lol

I had no idea that the tea party news network was a thing, I'm really curious how many people read it and honestly think that America is the only country that understands the concept of freedom. Hopefully very few.

it's even more blatantly propaganda than fox is, i glance at it every so often
it's actually a pretty good indication about the state of the world because they're pretty much always wrong about everything

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

You fight evil around the world every day, Drone striking weddings and using vaccine programs to catch freedom fighters. Then you wake up and realize you are the Brotherhood of Nod and China are actually the good guys.

this is the face of a man not afraid to make his dreams happen

Kane 2016

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Let's be honest here, there's not much worth celebrating about someone who invades a foreign country and shoots a bunch of people resisting said invasion from half a mile away. He sure as poo poo wasn't defending anyone's freedom.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Let's be honest here, there's not much worth celebrating about someone who invades a foreign country and shoots a bunch of people resisting said invasion from half a mile away. He sure as poo poo wasn't defending anyone's freedom.

There is when the IEDs and HUMINT provided by over watch saved a bunch of dudes who didn't deserve to be fragged themselves either.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Let's be honest here, there's not much worth celebrating about someone who posts on a forum and shits on a bunch of people doing their job from half an internet away. He sure as poo poo wasn't defending anyone's freedom.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't get that last paragraph. The world record for longest kill is held by a Canadian who scored it in Afghanistan.

Oh wait, I do get it: the Tea Party is full of retards.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

:nallears:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this drone footage seems to indicate they had a bit of a dustup at the Donetsk airport

and CNN is reporting that Russian forces proper have entered eastern Ukraine

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

this drone footage seems to indicate they had a bit of a dustup at the Donetsk airport

You had me climbing all over the walls looking for something on AP. But there's nothing there because it's just a press release from Ukraine about how the 'rebels' have amazingly high end Russian hardware.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

Russian military in Ukraine? Truly breaking news,

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
well I figured stating it was coming from CNN was enough for people to assume nothing had happened, that's why I didn't link it, lol

still, though, I don't think that place qualifies as an airport anymore

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
You'd think that the Russians know better than anyone not to start an invasion in winter.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CMD598 posted:

Pilot egress. As in cutting your way in to egress pilot because everything is hosed.

we had to do this to an F22 a number of years ago, think i still have the pictures of that mess somewhere

efb maybe i should read the rest of the thread before posting

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

You'd think that the Russians know better than anyone not to start an invasion in winter.

That rule doesn't apply to them.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That rule doesn't apply to them.

The Finns would beg to differ.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

WarpedNaba posted:

The Finns would beg to differ.

You know that one fat chick you slept with and got caught sneaking out of her dorm room the next day, and nobody will let you live it down? The Winter War is Russia's fat chick.

Afghanistan is the long term abusive relationship that eventually failed when the booze money ran out.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Speaking of Canadians and snipers, it looks like un-freedom having Canadians have engaged IS in Iraq

quote:

Canadian soldiers have fired on Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq, in what is thought to be the first confirmed ground battle involving Western forces.

Acting in self-defence, the Canadians used sniper fire and did not suffer any casualties, said the general in charge.

It happened as the Canadians had moved closed to the front line after a meeting with Iraqi leaders.

There are 600 Canadian troops helping in airstrikes against IS, which took over large parts of Iraq and Syria.

"My troops had completed a planning session with senior Iraqi leaders several kilometres behind the front lines," Canadian special forces commander Brigadier General Michael Rouleau said on Monday.

"When they moved forward to confirm the planning at the front lines in order to visualise what they had discussed over a map, they came under immediate and effective mortar and machine gunfire."

He said the Canadians used sniper fire and "neutralised" the enemy without taking any casualties.

This was "the first time we've taken fire and returned fire" in Iraq, he added.

I didn't actually know that we had so many people in the region, it's not something that's being heavily reported here, at any rate. I wonder how much stuff like this goes on that never sees the light of day.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
How many coalition forces are on the ground in total? It's gotta be well over 5,000 at this point.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

not caring here posted:

Rogen got higher than gently caress and said that it kinda sorta reminded him of it.

Two dudes, sniping other dudes, and some emotions.

Close enough for a high twitter post. Or tumblr. Or whatever the gently caress it was.

I thought we'd established during the controversy over The Interview (or probably before, who knows) that Seth Rogen is a lovely, desperately unfunny comedian who's competing with even more lovely and unfunny Jonah Hill to be the right-hand man to leader of the man atop the comic pile of poo poo, James Franco.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought we'd established during the controversy over The Interview (or probably before, who knows) that Seth Rogen is a lovely, desperately unfunny comedian who's competing with even more lovely and unfunny Jonah Hill to be the right-hand man to leader of the man atop the comic pile of poo poo, James Franco.

Pineapple Express was good. All of their other poo poo sucks.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I wonder what the campaign ribbon for our non-war in Iraq is. GWOTEM?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

You know that one fat chick you slept with and got caught sneaking out of her dorm room the next day, and nobody will let you live it down? The Winter War is Russia's fat chick.

Afghanistan is the long term abusive relationship that eventually failed when the booze money ran out.

And Chechnya is the ugly, herpes-infected hooker that Russia is still loving because it's too drunk to care anymore.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Russia is junior enlisted as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

IPvSH6T posted:

And Chechnya is the ugly, herpes-infected hooker that Russia is still loving because it's too drunk to care anymore.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Russia is junior enlisted as gently caress.

QFT

• Locked thread