Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I remember being really into the first two games, and then finding the third one years later on clearance and couldn't get past the intro dungeon because dang the gameplay was horrid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Two of my friends want Chii to get with Maou instead of Emi and it takes all my willpower not to beat them up. Like seriously, come on...

that is such a bullshit opinion and the mods are just insanely biased or they would do something against this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i am incredibly biased, yes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What didn't help was that as the 4th game didnt really introduce any new characters save for a few bonus ones and I think one optional one, while at least Outbreak had a bunch of new characters to go hunt for if you felt like it instead of digging around for virus cores.

Also the fact that the sidequests and ryu book poo poo were annoying and tedious as hell by the 3rd game where poo poo like the goblin chase became a giant mess of "run at enemy, hope you hit them, repeat for half an hour until they die."

Even the post game dungeons went from good to bad. The mummy ship, the upside down city, and the whale were all chill and cool and then the 4th game's bonus dungeon was a 15 floor gauntlet of potential databugs and you had to do it all in one go and it was very possible to data drain too much and get a game over. I'm glad I didn't get far enough into Quarantine to have to deal with that thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FirstAidKite posted:

What didn't help was that as the 4th game didnt really introduce any new characters save for a few bonus ones and I think one optional one, while at least Outbreak had a bunch of new characters to go hunt for if you felt like it instead of digging around for virus cores.

Also the fact that the sidequests and ryu book poo poo were annoying and tedious as hell by the 3rd game where poo poo like the goblin chase became a giant mess of "run at enemy, hope you hit them, repeat for half an hour until they die."

Even the post game dungeons went from good to bad. The mummy ship, the upside down city, and the whale were all chill and cool and then the 4th game's bonus dungeon was a 15 floor gauntlet of potential databugs and you had to do it all in one go and it was very possible to data drain too much and get a game over. I'm glad I didn't get far enough into Quarantine to have to deal with that thing.

And yet, still a pretty accurate MMO feel. That overwhelming sense of "I have accomplished jack poo poo today, and I literally just killed my 5000000th monster." Not fun gameplay, but an accurate feel for MMOs at the time. Fuckin' Maple Story.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I will always put too much time into games that pretend to be mmos and I blame it all on .hack and maple story

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dryzen posted:

I will always put too much time into games that pretend to be mmos and I blame it all on .hack and maple story

I know just the game that will put you off of that habit then. It is called Mark Leung: Revenge of the Bitch

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Nice try kite but I won't fall for your bad rpg maker games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dryzen posted:

Nice try kite but I won't fall for your bad rpg maker games

No it's fine, it isn't an rpgmaker game. The overworld is designed to be like mmo overworlds, but emptier and uglier.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am late to the what are you watching train but screw it, doing it anyways

G-Reco - This is probably the thing I look forward to the most each week
Yatterman Night - Between Casshern Sins, Gatchaman Crowds, and now this, I'm impressed with Tatsunoko breathing new life into old franchises by giving a different take on them.
Maria the Virgin Witch - Been finding it funny so far, I like the director and the guy behind the manga did Moyashimon, so it's something I was looking forward to and it hasn't disappointed me.
Yuribears - Not as strong of a start as other Ikuhara works but I'm still finding it interesting enough.
Urashiman - Might make a thread for this when I get the time, pretty funny action-comedy show from the 80s.
Build Fighters Try - Sometimes I feel like I'm watching it more out of obligation than anything else at this point, but it does have its moments.
Planetes - Shamefully I have never seen this, so I'm finally fixing that!

Might stick with a few other shows too but those are the things I'm committing to at the moment.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3DYNS-rI7o

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I don't watch a lot of anime but I'm in the middle of playing Pwrsona 4 Golden right now and that game is super anime.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I'm barely watching anything this season so far. Mostly just Jojo, Shirobako, and Durarara.

There's also a small pile of shows (Rolling Girls, Lez Bears, Maria not getting any, Yatterman, ect) Funi picked up that I don't really have an opinion on yet because I'm lazy and waiting for them to upload second episodes to Hulu.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJZljEostE

thank you, sushio

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Im watching some shows.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso the best

Durararararara season 2 Celty-tan <3

Gundam Greco i like how bellri looks when he pulls his hair back

The Rolling Girls I have no idea what is happening

Parasyte better than the manga

Shirobako i like how all the girls drink a lot

also watching Planetes for my friend Sharky and it is a good show

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I think the only thing that I am watching and actively enjoying is G-Reco at this point. I just caught up with Build Fighters Try and it's still pretty bad, and I'm like two episodes behind on Log Horizon 2 with little motivation to watch them because this season is also pretty bad. I can't believe I watched an entire episode of a guy's gamer manifesto.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yuri Kuma Arashi
Parasyte
Kan Colle
ShiroBako
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Death Parade
Idolmaster CG
Assassination Classroom
Koufuku Graffiti
The Rolling Girls
Junketsu no Maria

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im watching death parade, jojo's, the gay magical guy one and shirobako as the main shows. giving maria (awful name but i loved moyashimon) and roller girls a chance. decided not to watch the new shaft show and didn't like the lesbian bears one

ill watch parasyte, music piano girl and durarara sometime in the future probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Episode 2 of yuri kuma just solidified it as some lame rehash of the utena structure, even copying the bad parts where a good 4 minutes of every episode was the exact same animation. i probably won't watch any more of it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I finished Golden Time, it was okay. The ending was so manically happy that I half expected it to end up like Brazil with him strapped up in a padded cell, but it was not to be. Probably still better than the depressing direction it was going in before.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wanted to like Golden Time but just couldn't get into it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Most of the characters start out pretty terrible and it take them a long time to be not terrible. Also the anime has some of flattest and most boring animation and character design I've seen in anything I haven't dropped after like two episodes. Toradora is a lot better.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Haikyuu!!, Ace of Diamond, Yowamushi Pedal, and Jojo are what I usually watch every week. I just finished Monthly Girl's Nozaki-Kun and started Kids on the Slope. Has anyone else watched Kids on the Slope? I'm really digging the music in it and the story seems to be inoffensive so far. Also if you haven't watched Space Brothers then get the gently caress out of my face until you have watched Space Brothers.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kids on the Slope was alright and directed by Watanabe, but I made the mistake of watching the dub which I did not learn was directed by Sentai until the show was almost over. I think around the time I realized this was one of the last few episodes where they're gonna sing My Favorite Things and the English voice actor turns into the Japanese one when she starts singing and I immediately have a huge grimace on my face. It's got good music though, the characters are alright, and the ending is pretty nice.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, Kids on the Slope is great, but then I would watch a literal pile of poo poo if it had Yoko Kanno music and was directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (lol Terror in Resonance). The ending skips a lot of stuff from the manga though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kids on the Slope and House of Five Leaves are my go-to CR catalog recommendations. Now that they have Mononoke I'll have to mix it up a little though.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Kids on the Slope was alright and directed by Watanabe, but I made the mistake of watching the dub which I did not learn was directed by Sentai until the show was almost over. I think around the time I realized this was one of the last few episodes where they're gonna sing My Favorite Things and the English voice actor turns into the Japanese one when she starts singing and I immediately have a huge grimace on my face. It's got good music though, the characters are alright, and the ending is pretty nice.

----------------

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

my favorite part of kids on the slop was when the glasses boy raced to the hospital because he heard the big tall bishie boy had been in a motorcycle wreck. so he gets there and is all like where is the tall bishie boy is he allright? and everyone is like yea he's fine but his sister is like gonna die so glasses boy is like thank god. then he rushes to the roof and sees the tall bishie boy asleep under a sheet on a bench and he pulls back the sheet and underneath was an evangelion and asuka comes down and kisses the girl

----------------

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mr. Spacious you have Asuka on the brain.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Everything Burrito posted:

I wanted to like Golden Time but just couldn't get into it.

Golden Time has a lot of good ideas behind it and could have been something great. However, the animation itself is pretty mundane and lacks polish and so does nothing to help a weak story that could have used some good editing.

I blame J.C Staff because all of their shows are usually like that and Toradora is a huge exception where everything actually came together for them for once.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Let's see, I'm watching...

Yuri Bears for now, mainly I'm bored and annoyed so today has a very good chance of being the last shot i give it.
Shirobako
Maria the Virgin Witch had a decent 1st episode; a lot of the character's faces are surprisingly old-school, reminds me of Toriyama or maybe Dragon Half?
DRRRRRR! Hell fuckin' yes
Aldnoah.zero still stupid. still owns.
Parasyte
Kamisama Kiss :3:
Rolling Girls

List subject to change at the drop of a hat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

my favorite part of kids on the slop was when the glasses boy raced to the hospital because he heard the big tall bishie boy had been in a motorcycle wreck. so he gets there and is all like where is the tall bishie boy is he allright? and everyone is like yea he's fine but his sister is like gonna die so glasses boy is like thank god. then he rushes to the roof and sees the tall bishie boy asleep under a sheet on a bench and he pulls back the sheet and underneath was an evangelion and asuka comes down and kisses the girl

Lol the guys wanted to gently caress so bad and the girl was completely in the way.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Everything Burrito posted:

Kids on the Slope and House of Five Leaves are my go-to CR catalog recommendations. Now that they have Mononoke I'll have to mix it up a little though.

House of 5 leaves is good poo poo

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

This is really really great, and everything i'd want from the group who brought us Moon Pride.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
momoiro clover z is kinda really cool

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

PotU posted:

momoiro clover z is kinda really cool

yep
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpm0un_momoiro-clover-z-moretsu-uchu-kokyokyoku-dai-nana-gakusyo-mugen-no-ai_music

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the general consensus on Durararaexclamationpoints before I bother sitting down to watch it.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Literally The Worst posted:

What's the general consensus on Durararaexclamationpoints before I bother sitting down to watch it.

I like the opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Senor Candle posted:

I like the opening.

I remember the dub was on Toonami and this is all I remember about it.

• Locked thread