Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A 32-year-old man was found dead in an Internet cafe in Taiwan after a marathon three-day gaming binge, the island's second death of an online gamer this year.

The man, surnamed Hsieh, entered the cafe in Kaohsiung, Taiwan's second largest city, on January 6, Jennifer Wu, a police spokesperson from the Hunei district precint told CNN.

An employee found him motionless and sprawled on a table at 10 a.m. on January 8 and he was rushed to hospital, where he was pronounced dead from cardiac failure, she added.

It is not known exactly how long the man lay dead in the Internet cafe but police said his corpse had begun to stiffen so he must have been dead for several hours before they arrived on the scene.

Police said gamers in the café continued as if nothing happened even when the police and paramedics arrived.

"The CCTV footage from the Internet cafe showed that he had a small struggle before he collapsed motionless," said Wu.

Cold temperatures and over-exhaustion from the long hours spent playing games likely contributed to Hsieh's cardiac arrest, a police statement said.

According to the Taipei Times, the man was a "regular customer" who often played for consecutive days.

"When tired, he would sleep face down on the table or doze off slumped in his chair," the staff member was quoted as saying.

"That is why we were not aware of his condition in the beginning."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

well? what was he playing?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
maybe he was watchign agdq

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Valeyard posted:

maybe he was watchign agdq

all gamers dead quick?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lolé perfect for when Oculus becomes a big thing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266430/

I'm going to market a catheter with cloud stat uploads and achievements on Kickstarter.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
they should search the premises for cunningly hidden fans

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

univbee posted:

all gamers dead quick?

:pray:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

univbee posted:

all gamers dead quick?

inshallah

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

all gamers dead quick?

asian gamers dying quietly

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ludwig van Halen posted:

the quest design in Dargon age the third is incredibly bad

how a game like this wins goty in a post divinity original sin world is inconceivable

both games are way overrated.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

kalstrams posted:

gis dragon age inquisition faces

is it as nice as dragon age: origins?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Ludwig van Halen posted:

how a game like this wins goty in a post divinity original sin world is inconceivable

i played like 2 seconds of it, what am i in for

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

divinity original sin is probably the best version of that kind of game ever made, it's just too long.

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
how do you die of exhaustion from playing games. shouldn't you just fall asleep involuntarily or something.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BrettRobb posted:

how do you die of exhaustion from playing games. shouldn't you just fall asleep involuntarily or something.

look at this filthy casual lol

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

BrettRobb posted:

gallons and gallons of lovely energy drinks

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Blackula69 posted:

divinity original sin is probably the best version of that kind of game ever made, it's just too long.

the beginning of the game is way too long, boring and obtuse.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

the beginning of the game is way too long, boring and obtuse.

Much like your posting!

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Valeyard posted:

look at this filthy casual lol

I was pretty proud of my self the other day. my new computer chair hadn't come in yet so I was using this lovely table chair. after a while my rear end started to hurt so I laid on the floor and ended up passing out, on the floor, with the lights on all night.

was like I was a drunk college kid again, but actually just an aging gamer

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

i played like 2 seconds of it, what am i in for

you have a requisitions officer that you talk to and she just has a single voice line of "this would really help the cause" or something similar then you get a fetch quest stealth added to you journal. and then you walk up to the requisition table and turn in your 10 boar asses that are never explained why you need them in the first place

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Ludwig van Halen posted:

you have a requisitions officer that you talk to and she just has a single voice line of "this would really help the cause" or something similar then you get a fetch quest stealth added to you journal. and then you walk up to the requisition table and turn in your 10 boar asses that are never explained why you need them in the first place

thanks I've updated worldofwarcraft.txt

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

lol

is there a movetoqt command

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

yeah divinity has fuckin horrible quests too so idk what his beef is

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

a bioware game? complete and utter garbage???

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

is it as nice as dragon age: origins?
faces look ugly as gently caress there

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
just put beards on everyone and never worry about terrible looking faces again

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

saucepanman posted:

just put beards on everyone and never worry about terrible looking faces again

this has the opposite effect irl typically

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jerry Cotton posted:

the facial animations in alan wake are :lol:

oh good, it's not just me

alan was acting like jaws when the sheriff took him to the lake at the end of ep 1

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ludwig van Halen posted:

maybe its because EA has a lot of money to buy good reviews with

maybe you shouldnt have been a retarded manchild who bought a bioware game in the hopes that this time their broken excuse for a writing team could deliver something good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

computer parts posted:

alan was acting like jaws when the sheriff took him to the lake at the end of ep 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

maybe its because EA has a lot of money to buy good reviews with

maybe you shouldnt have been a retarded manchild who bought a bioware game in the hopes that this time their broken excuse for a writing team could deliver something good

i bought it for $30 and had fun with the first one so i think i'll be okay with my purchase

no loving clue what's happening in the beginning though, think there was some sort of cinematic i missed. i think maybe the keep gives you a personalized one?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

computer parts posted:

Yeh when I said :lol: I meant it literally.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FsHpNiz-4M

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 19, 2015

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Sid Meier version of starships unlimited sounds like it would be cool

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

im the nerd game

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

im the nerd

we know

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i only play non-nerd games, like halo and madden. let's bro out.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

:tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

~bonus youtube comment~

quote:

18T2206 hours ago

0:31

This is how our planet would look now without religion.

• Locked thread