Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What's the Barry hunter up to this window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Dunban posted:

As it turns out, he's actually poo poo and overrated and I never wanted him anyway

Agreed

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

euroboy posted:

Wenger also promised him first team action for Arsenal this season if he signed for them.

Wengy's empty promises coming back to bite him...

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Drogadon posted:

Wengy's empty promises coming back to bite him...

If it's Joel Campbell you're thinking of you can hardly blame Wenger for preferring Alexis over him. I'm sure Campbell will play quite a bit now with Podolski and Sanogo out.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Dunban posted:

As it turns out, he's actually poo poo and overrated and I never wanted him anyway

Agreed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Pardew wants to sign Cisse but the news is that he'd reject the move. West Ham want to sign Dirk Kuyt too since he'll be available on a free in the summer

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Wigan have rejected a bid for Callum McManaman from WBA, with Wigan boss Malky Mackay claiming "6 million was not enough".

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

West Ham want to sign Dirk Kuyt too since he'll be available on a free in the summer

lol this would be the Big Sammest transfer ever but I really hope it happens because I'd love to see Big Dirk back in the Prem.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

euroboy posted:

Martin Ødegaard has agreed on a contract with Real Madrid and will sign for them as soon as the clubs have agreed on a fee.

He will be a part of the first team squad but will play for Castilla for the rest of the season, and his father will work as a coach or scout. The fee will be in the region of £2-3m.

Bayern was the preferred club for a long time and Guardiola did a lot to make him sign for them. Wenger also promised him first team action for Arsenal this season if he signed for them. Finally Real Madrid made them an offer it was impossible to refuse. It's quite exciting tbh.

http://www.dt.no/SISTE___degaard_takker_ja_til_Real-5-57-23627.html

lol they are giving his dad a job???

West Ham want to sign Darren Fletcher apparently

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

The Big Taff Man posted:

lol they are giving his dad a job???

Back when the 90 minute academy travel rules were in place Man U used to do this all the time, 90% of their groundsmen were parents of youth players.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

His dad was a pro player until 2007 and is currently assistant manager to a team that was just promoted to the top division, so he'll probably be given a job as some sort of coach.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheRat posted:

His dad was a pro player until 2007 and is currently assistant manager to a team that was just promoted to the top division, so he'll probably be given a job as some sort of coach.

At Real Madrid????

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The Big Taff Man posted:

At Real Madrid????

At Castilla or a youth team or some poo poo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Blue Star Error posted:

Wigan have rejected a bid for Callum McManaman from WBA, with Wigan boss Malky Mackay claiming "6 million was not enough".

Agreed :twisted:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

euroboy posted:

If it's Joel Campbell you're thinking of you can hardly blame Wenger for preferring Alexis over him. I'm sure Campbell will play quite a bit now with Podolski and Sanogo out.

It is but I'm not serious, I'm sure if Campbell isn't happy playing 3 minutes every 3 weeks his agent will negotiate a loan move to some mid table La Liga team

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Blue Star Error posted:

Wigan really aren't in the position to reject that kind of offer

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:eyepop:

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Drogadon posted:

It is but I'm not serious, I'm sure if Campbell isn't happy playing 3 minutes every 3 weeks his agent will negotiate a loan move to some mid table La Liga team

There was some talk by the Guardian that Villareal might take him on loan as part of whatever deal they might be concocting for Gabriel.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Wigan really aren't in the position to reject that kind of offer

It was only 4m really I just wanted to make that joke

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

It was only 4m really I just wanted to make that joke
So you're saying it wasn't 6 million then? Was there even an offer at all

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Chris de Sperg posted:

So you're saying it wasn't 6 million then? Was there even an offer at all

hahahaha

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
the autism is strong in this one

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

ephex posted:

um

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

ephex posted:

Do you know if the transfer from FC Nurnberg to Spurs of Jeuden Raus is still on?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Blue Star Error posted:

lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Is Balotelli leaving or no?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Ødegaard will get the same salary as Isco, drat

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
Vålerenga and Iceland striker Vidar Örn Kjartansson will leave the club for about £2M. They just accepted a bid from the chinese club Jiangsu, and he will travel to China for a medical.

Meh.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Reports say Palace are preparing a £9.3m bid for Gomis.

lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

azathosk posted:

Vålerenga and Iceland striker Vidar Örn Kjartansson will leave the club for about £2M. They just accepted a bid from the chinese club Jiangsu, and he will travel to China for a medical.

Someone hide the endangered animals!

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:

sassassin posted:

lol

why are so many teams supposedly interested in a guy who could only just get on the swansea bench

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spiffeh posted:

why are so many teams supposedly interested in a guy who could only just get on the swansea bench

He was behind a £28m striker. Supposedly Monk promised him he'd play two up front but the pre-season game against Valencia was a massive disaster and it means moving or dropping Gylfi.

But really they're not and Gomis and his agent are just throwing toys out of the pram and trying to get another payday. The rumours all come either from them or from lazy journalists that see a player sitting on a bench for a while and decide he's going to move even if circumstances have now drastically changed.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

euroboy posted:

How much is that?

Blue Star Error posted:

Someone hide the endangered animals!

Lol

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Drogadon posted:

Word now is that he'll either go on loan or sign permanently for Real Sociedad for £8m. Sounds like a very good deal IMO.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

sassassin posted:

lol

There's apparently this though:

quote:

Now let’s talk about Swansea’s Bafétimbi Gomis for a bit. He could well leave the club - possibly for Crystal Palace - this transfer window despite Wilfried Bony having already signed for Manchester City.

The interesting thing about any Gomis deal, though, is that Swansea apparently have to pay the player around £8m if he leaves. Which seems bonkers. Here is the background:

Gomis moved to the Liberty Stadium on a free transfer from Lyon last summer under the Bosman ruling, and the player is due a payment of around £8m to be met over the duration of his four-year deal. The 29-year-old would be due that figure regardless of whether he leaves the club this month, effectively meaning Swansea would seek in excess of that amount to ensure they made a profit on his sale. It is unclear whether the same commitment would be due if Gomis formally requests a transfer.

So, if I’ve understood this correctly, the player could leave Swansea this transfer window, get paid his £8m and then start earning a salary elsewhere. No wonder he is considering a move.

On the Guardian's transfer window ticker: http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jan/20/transfer-news-live

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Wengy posted:

On the Guardian's transfer window ticker: http://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2015/jan/20/transfer-news-live

lmao

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Spiffeh posted:

It may just be Pardew - we were constantly linked with him when he was here as well?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

euroboy posted:

Wengy posted:

Football really is dead

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wengy posted:

I wish I could negotiate a salary like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Looks like Kyle Naughton is going to Swansea for £5m.

• Locked thread