Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bensnotacat posted:

I don't know if ice accidents count as OSHA but here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WgwpwFq2qA

this kind of thing really stretches the definition of accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I imagine everybody was telling that idiot he was going to die, but he just ignored them. The most baffling thing is that he was purposely keeping the door open so he could bail. Even he knew it was a bad idea.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/01/19/mystery-in-shinjuku-as-woman-plunges-to-death-on-visiting-restroom/

It's not really a mystery but I believe it belongs in this thread.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A Vietnamese badminton tournament experiences a slight disruption:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw4x8OnnFow

quote:

“This stadium was too old, nearly 30 years old,” said Mai Ba Hung, deputy head of the city’s Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism told Reuters. “It is awaiting major reconstruction, so safety checks may have been a bit loose.”
http://www.foxsports.com.au/what-th...7a0cd9c14c5aba3

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

zakharov posted:

Cross post from the Everest thread. This is the most metal sign I have ever seen.

There's definitely treasure in that cave.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

If you can think of an easier way to wash a train, I'd like to hear it. :colbert:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Tempered glass floor mats... what could go wrong?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

There's definitely treasure in that cave.

"This guy's wetsuit is worth $500 alone!"

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Do not challenge the machine.

No idea what it's from.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

Tempered glass floor mats... what could go wrong?

the plastic ones will do that after enough time, too

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

boo_radley posted:

Do not challenge the machine.

No idea what it's from.

Is that even salvageable or is that an "amputate immediately" thing? :stonk:

I would be amazed if that could be recovered at all.

Any doctors in the house willing to give their opinion on this?

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

the plastic ones will do that after enough time, too

I went and got a bamboo one. The plastic ones generated WAY too much static electricity. I would touch my computer case and it would BSOD.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 19, 2015

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

"Well, it looks broken."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Three-Phase posted:

Is that even salvageable or is that an "amputate immediately" thing? :stonk:

I would be amazed if that could be recovered at all.

Any doctors in the house willing to give their opinion on this?

I went and got a bamboo one. The plastic ones generated WAY too much static electricity. I would touch my computer case and it would BSOD.

Educated his but with all the individual... pieces of arm hanging off would be too difficult to restore even the most basic of functions to the muscle tissue. So I'd bet on chopping it off and getting a good prosthetic.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
True fact: I met a cat named Osha today. She was cute.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I would think with the loss of blood flow the chunks of tissue would be dying and there's no way to get that all meshed back together, let alone thinking about how to reattach nerves, arteries, tendons, and so forth.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zakharov posted:

True fact: I met a cat named Osha today. She was cute.

did she cite you for any safety violations?

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Tunicate posted:

That'll buff out.

"You feel this vehicle is safe for highway travel?"

"Yes, I do. It's not pretty, but it will get you where you want to go."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Well, that's not right, parking sideways like that.

Rhombic Drive
Apr 15, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Divers find dead guy, decide to go back down for dead guy, one of the divers die and the other can't go back down but the dead guy and the original body drift upwards enough to be pulled up IIRC

Reading the description of the diver's helmet cam footage as he was dying was pretty terrible.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Centripetal Horse posted:

"You feel this vehicle is safe for highway travel?"

"Yes, I do. It's not pretty, but it will get you where you want to go."

The radio is clear as a bell.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Well, he technically wasn't trying to commit suicide, so it kinda does count as an accident :v:

The best photograph ever in my hometown newspaper was a shot of the lake at the edge of town. It's a wide shot of the lake covered in ice, taken from the shore. Waaay out in the middle, there are a couple men standing around. You can just make out that they are all standing in a circle, looking down at the middle between them. Headline: "Icehouse Falls Through Lake".

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001

Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Sorta OSHA:

(Phoneposting, sorry if huge)

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but I guess it's one way to prevent people from impaling themselves on whatever these things are

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Say Nothing posted:

Well, that's not right, parking sideways like that.
This extreme parking trend is getting out of hand (4 posts apart, c'mon!)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

ExecuDork posted:

This extreme parking trend is getting out of hand (4 posts apart, c'mon!)
Did you look really closely, and on a related note, do you perceive time and if not would you say that anything was wasted by your post?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
D'oh! I did not. Please excuse my idiocy. Sorry.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Grape Soda posted:

Sorta OSHA:

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but I guess it's one way to prevent people from impaling themselves on whatever these things are

Those little things aren't like rebar, they're just for snowplows to know where the curb is, they're too floppy to impale anyone.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Grape Soda posted:

Sorta OSHA:

Posting from Ohio in the middle of winter I can tell you thats just a glove someone found and put on the orange marker pole so it would be easier to see. You'll see those all over snow states mostly with the stick up the middle finger to boot. No OSHA here just a lost glove.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Speaking of rebar, that stuff looks dangerous as poo poo and is everywhere on construction sites. Why don't you ever see any injury videos? I guess it's not funny enough to be made into a gif?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Double awesome because the dust looks like an evil force yoinking the car.

KernelSlanders
May 27, 2013

Rogue operating systems on occasion spread lies and rumors about me.

Three-Phase posted:

I would think with the loss of blood flow the chunks of tissue would be dying and there's no way to get that all meshed back together, let alone thinking about how to reattach nerves, arteries, tendons, and so forth.

I'm not a physician but having worked in prosthetics design, that looks like the kind of thing that would probably be stitched poorly back together, then have the patient undergo three or four more surgeries before finally cutting it off, at which point quality of life finally begins improving.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

KernelSlanders posted:

I'm not a physician but having worked in prosthetics design, that looks like the kind of thing that would probably be stitched poorly back together, then have the patient undergo three or four more surgeries before finally cutting it off, at which point quality of life finally begins improving.

The old Rocket Romano.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

boo_radley posted:

No idea what it's from.

And that's what happens when you fist the Hulk.

Looking at the base of the arm, it looks like it's already been removed from the body. I'm not saying amputated. Just removed.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I believe the post on reddit said industrial meat processor.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Grape Soda posted:

Sorta OSHA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lydiy-VcB_4

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bhodi posted:

Speaking of rebar, that stuff looks dangerous as poo poo and is everywhere on construction sites. Why don't you ever see any injury videos? I guess it's not funny enough to be made into a gif?

Rebars usuailly stuck together in big jungle gym frames before cement is poured over it. You only usually see the exposed sharp ends like in the movies when a buildings being pulled down

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
there goes the extent of my building knowledge from working in a building office and never having set foot on site :downswords:

Eurekapile
Jan 9, 2008

don't horace around
This just happened last night. The old Hopple St. overpass on I-75 collapsed as they were tearing it down. One construction worker dead. New highway below it closed for a little bit while they clean up.

http://queencitydiscovery.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-former-hopple-st-overpass-collapsed.html

quote:

“In 2009, Kokosing was awarded the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program Star Mobile Workforce Status."

quote:

Agents from OSHA are investigating the scene. The Ohio Department of Transportation was also contacted, Blackwell said.

Eurekapile fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lone77wulf
Jan 11, 2005

UC Special Task Force Unit Operative

Eurekapile posted:

This just happened last night. The old Hopple St. overpass on I-75 collapsed as they were tearing it down. One construction worker dead. New highway below it closed for a little bit while they clean up.

http://queencitydiscovery.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-former-hopple-st-overpass-collapsed.html

Not a bit, its 12 hours + and its still closed, they're saying it may go past 48 hours too. There was a semi driver who was unlucky enough to be right at that location as it collapsed, so he slammed into the piece that fell. They built a new bridge above this one and were tearing the old one out prior to this collapse. Kokosing has been doing the I-75 project for years, so they have a good track record on safety. Going to be interesting to see what the investigation finds. It's a oddly clean looking break though.

• Locked thread