Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Holy poo poo you guys, slow down! I don't have enough hours in the day to watch all these stellar LPs!

Please don't ever slow down, this is awesome!

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Best Friends must have some sixth sense of all the old games I've never seen full video playthroughs of, because it's been three for four lately. And I just got the soundtrack for Eve, too.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
drat, they're starting 2015 off crazy.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Zaibatsu hardest working youtubers

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I know literally nothing about Parasite Eve other then I hear people talk it up all the time so I'm extremely hype for this new playthrough.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Going off the rails on this crazy LP train, geez.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's a theory I've heard multiple times for years now, and some of the in-game dialog REALLY points towards it. I mean, one of the main game mechanics in NMH is jerking off a sword, and messages on Travis' answering machine really hammers home the fact that he's sexually inexperienced. That being said, this game is made in Japan, and their culture and views on sexuality are way different than ours. You don't have to approve of it, but with all the evidence, I think it's fairly clear. All of Suda's games have a high degree of sexuality in some form anyway.

That being said, Silent Hill 2 has alot of sexual allusions as well, and it seems from Pat's explanations, almost every enemy in the game is some sorta reflection of James' sexual frustrations/thoughts.

Edit: I honestly don't know what to say about the audio in the latest NMH part. I edited almost all the episodes in giant chunks, and I don't remember doing/trying anything different for the Shinobu episode. Sorry guys :(

It's fine! Though somewhat interested in reflection, I'm sure you kind of understood it when going through it but in Silent Hill Homecoming all the trophies for killing monsters are like "MEMORIES OF JAMES" for beating up a dog or "THOUGHTS OF EDDIE" for fighting those white monster things.

I hope you're understanding why that is the worst thing ever and makes literally no goddamn sense.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Are these all Pat's bucket list LPs? Is he dying?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Zach's gotten super diva lately and demands money for all his luxurious desires.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

floor is lava posted:

Are these all Pat's bucket list LPs? Is he dying?

Pat has seen the signs. One of the Zaibatsu is planning to kill him.

"No. It's too soon. I have to get this SMT footage to the editing room. The people have to know."

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I kinda disagree with Pat's DMC2 comparison for 3rd Birthday.
It's more like RE6, where they just go "Alright, guess this is a shooter franchise now."
Seriously though, what's next? Are Woolie and Liam just going to play FF7 or something?
vvv Alright yeah that's kind of indefensible.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 19, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

KaosMachina posted:

I kinda disagree with Pat's DMC2 comparison for 3rd Birthday.
It's more like RE6, where they just go "Alright, guess this is a shooter franchise now."

No. RE6 doesn't make your HP you clothes sexily ripping off.

gently caress 3rd Birthday.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
DMC2 is Empire Strikes Back compared to the poo poo that Third Birthday was to the Eve franchise. Not spoilering it, you don't actually play as Eve and kill the real one in a pedophilia situation manner.

tokyo_vamp
Jan 17, 2015

poisoned by cowboy killers
I honestly never thought that I'd see a Parasite Eve LP from you guys from virtue of the fact nobody ever loving does them. Horror games always make for my favorite LP's by you guys, so I'm absolutely losing it because we have SH2 and Parasite Eve going concurrently

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo a Parasite Eve LP. You guys need to stop reading my brain and picking the exact LPs I'd love to see.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

So I got a PSM issue way back in the day (like 98/99?) that had a demo for some game which I thought was Parasite Eve. You would have to activate different traps to kill someone. The whole point of the demo was laying traps down on the ground? Is that Parasite Eve? Or what was that?

E: I thought the game was called Parasite Eve since playing that demo as a kid, but now watching this LP I realize I'm probably not right.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

goldblums eyes posted:

So I got a PSM issue way back in the day (like 98/99?) that had a demo for some game which I thought was Parasite Eve. You would have to activate different traps to kill someone. The whole point of the demo was laying traps down on the ground? Is that Parasite Eve? Or what was that?

E: I thought the game was called Parasite Eve since playing that demo as a kid, but now watching this LP I realize I'm probably not right.

That's probably Deception/Trapt. Pat and Liam ran thru one of the games in that series, actually.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

goldblums eyes posted:

That sounds like contraption or Trapt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkuwYGhUP3A

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

No it was a PS1 game from around 98/99. There would be a ~2/2 green-line square that would glow around the trap on the ground as you laid it. I wish I knew more, it was like a tactical rpg but non-turned based (whatever that genre is called) and I swore it was in a mansion.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

goldblums eyes posted:

No it was a PS1 game from around 98/99. There would be a ~2/2 green-line square that would glow around the trap on the ground as you laid it. I wish I knew more, it was like a tactical rpg but non-turned based (whatever that genre is called) and I swore it was in a mansion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6zehz6g23Y
I think it may have been this, an earlier entry in Deception, which was once localized as "Trapt" for whatever reason.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Sorry guys you were right, thank you so much!!! It was Kagero: Deception II. For some reason I always thought that was Parasite Eve? So I was confused when I started this LP haha.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Sorry for the double post, but I'd like to ask a question:

If I wanted to moldbinge through a full LP over a weekend, what would you recommend? Doesn't matter the genre or length, I just want a good game + good commentary.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

If I wanted to moldbinge through a full LP over a weekend, what would you recommend? Doesn't matter the genre or length, I just want a good game + good commentary.

Barkley and I Have No Mouth are both great for the commentary and game. I also loved the NMH2 playthrough, but I'm a huge nerd for Suda 51, and from the sound of it, it wasn't popular. So your mileage might vary, and I expect playing the sequel first might have restricted the views to people that played the first game.

If you want a BAD game with good commentary, which are my preference, check out the Sadness Trilogy, if you haven't seen it. Man Vs Wild and Prison Break are also both hilarious.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

goldblums eyes posted:

Eternal Darkness felt like a complete package of going into a good game with sustained good commentary.

Alternatively, I really dug the Beyond Two Souls MST3K-level commentary, but I went right into that one before the Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy LPs, so I don't know how many other people in this thread would back me up when I say just go watch Beyond.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

I just binged through Barkley recently and I can highly recommend it.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin

goldblums eyes posted:

"Good game" is in question but my personal Greatest Hits are:

Silent Hill Downpour + Homecoming
Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
I Have No Mouth
Resident Evil 4
the Dungeons and Dragons beat-em-up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

just thinking about 3rd birthday's dumb loving simultaneously thin and confusing plot makes me exceedingly angry

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You would love Senran Kagura

(senran kagura is garbage)

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Thank you guys. I'm gonna run through RE4 since I've never done it/have never played it (my gaminglog is bad). I Have No Mouth will fit in somewhere in the next two weeks, which will be hard with all the new LPs :/

PS, from Liam's rec., everyone should watch Samurai Flamenco if you haven't.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Here's my main problem with it: you're making it sound like No More Heroes' story is about sex. It's not, it's about Travis being a manchild and his sexual immaturity is just part of his general immaturity. Sexual imagery is a big part of the game, but saying "these boss fights are about sex" just undersells the whole thing.

I don't think we're really even disagreeing on what the game's about. I just don't like how you're presenting it.

Um, ok?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Eternal Darkness felt like a complete package of going into a good game with sustained good commentary.

Alternatively, I really dug the Beyond Two Souls MST3K-level commentary, but I went right into that one before the Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy LPs, so I don't know how many other people in this thread would back me up when I say just go watch Beyond.

I'd say that Beyond can stand on it's own two feet, mostly because you get to watch Pat and Woolie start off actually excited for the game's concept and have their enthusiasm slowly crushed by David Cage. It helps if you know how bad Cage's storytelling can get going in, though.

I'll pretend this conversation never happened if you do.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Deal!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I stopped watching the Beyond Two Souls LP right during the underwater Chinese base for no particular reason. I wonder if I should go back, if only to see where the story goes from there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You probably should.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I stopped watching the Beyond Two Souls LP right during the underwater Chinese base for no particular reason. I wonder if I should go back, if only to see where the story goes from there.

It's like the opposite of Wonderful 101, it manages to reach new lows in storytelling constantly

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Spoilers (To Every David Cage game because their endings are all always loving pointless and are the worst): loving nowhere.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Matt, I have no doubt it's already happened, but please make a video with Zach. I love Zach. Zach is so cute. Zach.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So Matt, My friend made some decisions and after a particularly stupid afternoon at looking at domain names he now owns the domain https://www.bibleblack.club and I'm using it as a secondary email address.

PM if you want further information.

MattMcMuscles@BibleBlack.Club would look really nice on your non-existent business card.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I want to say the underwater chinese ghost base is actually the apex of 'this is loving stupid, David Cage you are stupid' but I actually forgot if the native poo poo happened before or after it.

Just watch it all, you'll be constantly surprised by how many stupid ideas David Cage can push into one game.

David Cage: Just pushin rope.