Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'd submit it as a bug but I'm sure I'd just get a message back saying "RAPADOO!" and maybe "feature working as intended" underneath it in tiny print.

If you have two devices you can do the online quests on each of them and get paid for both, by the way. I also just unlocked gold tier Roman Reigns. Now I just need to get a gold Trish and I'll have a perfectly compatible gold team with HHH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Immortals double bug update: I thought it was just wrestlers who were currently alive that could show up, but I just got an invisible copy of the enemy's dead Paige showing up and doing a signature move on me. The camera had no idea where to go, and it just veered off to the right of the actual proceedings.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheJoker138 posted:

I'd submit it as a bug but I'm sure I'd just get a message back saying "RAPADOO!" and maybe "feature working as intended" underneath it in tiny print.

If you have two devices you can do the online quests on each of them and get paid for both, by the way. I also just unlocked gold tier Roman Reigns. Now I just need to get a gold Trish and I'll have a perfectly compatible gold team with HHH.

Both of my first two gold boosters gave me Trish, which was both awesome and terrible because I can't use her in online since she brings my team rating up too high for my bronzes to be anything but dead weight

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

yeah, that sounds like john cena all right

Yeah they nailed it

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jonny Angel posted:

A new evolution in the double enemy bug I've encountered: one of them is invisible! I only learn they're even there when they hit a signature move!

Ohhh that's what was happening! I thought I was getting some weird lag or animation glitches.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
No no, it's like we're fighting against a super-virus that's constantly mutating. It owns.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I can't get past even the first of the DOOM CLOCK missions in Immortals. I wasn't having any trouble with previous missions, but then they suddenly want you to do 10,000 damage in two and a half minutes, and I don't think I have the sheer output for that. Especially with blocks and super animations chewing up time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Erebus posted:

I can't get past even the first of the DOOM CLOCK missions in Immortals. I wasn't having any trouble with previous missions, but then they suddenly want you to do 10,000 damage in two and a half minutes, and I don't think I have the sheer output for that. Especially with blocks and super animations chewing up time.

Skip Doom Clock missions until after you've done everything else in the tier unless you're overpowered for them already. Also the big three meter super moves pause the clock, so what you do is just switch characters every time you get a super meter full, and then unleash all of their three meter moves on each of the opposition. With three golds, levels 28-25, I'm just steamrolling all of the Doom Clock stuff with over a minute left.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Got my first gold card, Trish Stratus. Passive is a bit lame, but she's still so much more powerful than anything else I'm fighting currently.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Liar Lyre posted:

Got my first gold card, Trish Stratus. Passive is a bit lame, but she's still so much more powerful than anything else I'm fighting currently.

Is she the only gold level Diva? I wanted to make Team Total Divas :smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Is she the only gold level Diva? I wanted to make Team Total Divas :smith:

As of now, yeah. But seeing as there's a cyborg Brock in there that's not playable yet I'm assuming they're going to release other characters as time goes on, so I wouldn't be shocked to see gold level Bellas and Paige at some point.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I haven't ground up 75k gold yet so I'm still rocking my all-bronze WITCH SQUAD of Paige and both Bellas (in practice, solo Paige, because I'm finding her way stronger than the Bellas, especially Brie whose Headscissors signature seems bugged and does next to no damage). It saddens me that I can't get a gold level WITCH SQUAD or anything like it - and it also saddens me that Banshee Knight is a silver and not a gold, because that's a straight up cool looking fantasy character design.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

they need to turn on the multiplayer servers for android already this is getting ridiculous

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I caved and bought a Silver booster pack so I could keep progressing up the singleplayer campaign, which in battle 12 has started adding silvers with 2-3000 health and 1500 attack, so my team is now Authority HHH, Yes Movement DB, and Sorceress Paige. I like my team.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liar Lyre posted:

White Aegis is pretty good, actually. It's no Cena but you can take out half of someone's health with her second special after blocking.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I caved and bought a Silver booster pack so I could keep progressing up the singleplayer campaign, which in battle 12 has started adding silvers with 2-3000 health and 1500 attack, so my team is now Authority HHH, Yes Movement DB, and Sorceress Paige. I like my team.

This is a mistake, because you're going to get to the next tier and then be completely stalled because silver just doesn't cut it after about halfway through the third tier. Should have ground out the 75k for gold. Once you get one of them poo poo becomes a joke, and the payouts start getting way bigger (up to 15k for one ladder in single player) and it gets way easier to build your team.

I just got another gold D-Bry, and made my current one legendary. Not sure how big of a boost I got from that because I forgot to look at the before/after stats.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

This is a mistake, because you're going to get to the next tier and then be completely stalled because silver just doesn't cut it after about halfway through the third tier. Should have ground out the 75k for gold. Once you get one of them poo poo becomes a joke, and the payouts start getting way bigger (up to 15k for one ladder in single player) and it gets way easier to build your team.

I just got another gold D-Bry, and made my current one legendary. Not sure how big of a boost I got from that because I forgot to look at the before/after stats.

Ok, so I messed up. At least having HHH will make it easier to grind out that 75K. What's the preferred grinding method in this game? Do I just run Battle 11 (the last one I can effortlessly win) over and over? Go back to tier 1 and fight Kane repeatedly?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

Ok, so I messed up. At least having HHH will make it easier to grind out that 75K. What's the preferred grinding method in this game? Do I just run Battle 11 (the last one I can effortlessly win) over and over? Go back to tier 1 and fight Kane repeatedly?

The Daily Quests in Online are pretty good

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

projecthalaxy posted:

I'd say do Battle 11 over and over. You will get your cash and hopefully be able to level up your team to beat battle 12.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Daily online quests, and push as far forward in single player as you can. Don't replay story stuff because the payout is less the second time around on it all. Make sure you're doing the post-boss ladders on every tier because those pay out big money. And for multiplayer do Main Events. The risk is higher, but you get a higher pay out for them if you get through all the way that makes it worth it. Plus it gets you up the tournament rankings faster, and the higher you get there the more you'll get in two days.

I actually did the same thing as you, blowing a bunch of credits on a silver Undertaker, but was able to recover pretty easily. Get that gold booster as soon as you can though and watch the game totally break under your power.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got Lumberjack Big Show.

gently caress Lumberjack Big Show.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Swagger Dagger posted:

If my first gold character ends up being Big Show I'll probably just delete the app.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I got Necromancer Undertaker and... I'm still not doing so hot.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So while playing my first online match, I got to experience everyone's favorite glitch. I lost because Invisible Roman Reigns decided to run in and kickbomb Bryan while he was fighting Nikki.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

keep in mind that the "online" for this game isn't really online, you're playing against other user's characters and names but it's controlled by AI

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

What level do you have him at, and what level do you have him going against? I was getting my rear end kicked as gold HHH until I got him to about level 5, and then he became THE rear end KICKER.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

If my first gold character ends up being Big Show I'll probably just delete the app.

I was all pumped to replace my bronze Big Show with my first gold and it was another goddamn Big Show.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cardboard Box posted:

keep in mind that the "online" for this game isn't really online, you're playing against other user's characters and names but it's controlled by AI

yeah just like injustice, I just want the android server up so I can play the challenges and fight some crazy high level people.

Swagger Dagger posted:

i really really want that awful character

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Daniel Bryan posted:

I don't know how the other golds play, but gold Undertaker feels really slow. Slow enough that the "constantly tap and drop the ends of combos" thing doesn't work well and sometimes he doesn't seem to respond to commands at all.

Just remember that he has a ton of health and he gains a 25% damage bonus for every enemy knocked out (he doesn't have to be active when they KO). He's good for cleaning up and tanking more than being your main fighter.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah... Gold Roman Reigns especially just punches the poo poo out of Gold Undertaker and it's very difficult to block. Who knew that Roman Reigns was Muhammad Ali?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yeah... Gold Roman Reigns especially just punches the poo poo out of Gold Undertaker and it's very difficult to block. Who knew that Roman Reigns was Muhammad Ali?

Reigns and Bryan are the two fastest dudes in the game, which is weird because Reigns ain't that fast.

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes

Swagger Dagger posted:

I got the lumberjack big show

I had no complaints...

Till I brought a second gold pack and got another one :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr Gorgon Holmes posted:

I had no complaints...

Legendary Lumberjack Big Show. A shameful Big Show.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mr Gorgon Holmes posted:

I had no complaints...

Literally the same thing happened to me :( gently caress this game

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Are these daily challenges you guys are talking about only on ios? I'm not seeing anything like that on my Android tablet and I'm just grinding single player missions for 75k.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Devo posted:

Are these daily challenges you guys are talking about only on ios? I'm not seeing anything like that on my Android tablet and I'm just grinding single player missions for 75k.

the servers aren't up for android i've been in the same boat. just do the post-boss challenge stuff you get the most money and experience for it right now

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The penultimate boss fight against Cena pays out 22k. I might just do it again and see what it pays out the 2nd time around, cause even half that would be an easy way to get that 75k every day.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheJoker138 posted:

The penultimate boss fight against Cena pays out 22k. I might just do it again and see what it pays out the 2nd time around, cause even half that would be an easy way to get that 75k every day.

What about the last one, that would in theory pay out more, right?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

What about the last one, that would in theory pay out more, right?

The last ones pay out more, but are also more fights to go through. So I wonder if it's quicker to just do the two fights, then boss, or grind all the way up the final fight ladder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
It's a shame that Kane's a Bronze and not particularly a good one, because his basic combo animations look sweet as gently caress.