Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

VDay posted:

To be fair, Oliver got stabbed in the chest as opposed to the heart, which in TV land might as well be a scratch if the writers want it to be. I could see him being recovered right after he fell and slowly nursed back to health with the stab wound being hand-waved away as "a very serious injury that almost killed you" or something similar. I mean, it'd feel pretty cheap to just have Oliver recover from a fight to the death with Ras by putting some scooby-doo bandaids on his wounds and having him take some magic flintstones vitamins, but it certainly isn't unthinkable.

Honestly they could do whatever they wanted. Hell in the last Batman movie Bane breaks his loving back and Bats just hardens the gently caress up and gets over it. TV/movie logic, folks. :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, where did we saw the Lazarus Pit?

Is the Mirakuru?

Or Ra's beautiful tub? :v:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I mean, he's obviously bullshitting when he says "I hope he survives. I like playing him", so I don't know just how much of the answer is just him bullshitting.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

evenworse username posted:

I would be much, much happier with them using the Lazarus Pit explanation than most other potential bullshit that they might use to explain a guy who was run through with a sword and thrown off a cliff surviving, but I shall wait and see what they end up going with.

Oliver was a clone the whole time

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Her Mom could die her hair too. She is a vegas cocktail waitress.

But is she Jewish on her mother's side or her father's side?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

VDay posted:

To be fair, Oliver got stabbed in the chest as opposed to the heart, which in TV land might as well be a scratch if the writers want it to be. I could see him being recovered right after he fell and slowly nursed back to health with the stab wound being hand-waved away as "a very serious injury that almost killed you" or something similar. I mean, it'd feel pretty cheap to just have Oliver recover from a fight to the death with Ras by putting some scooby-doo bandaids on his wounds and having him take some magic flintstones vitamins, but it certainly isn't unthinkable.

Still, my money's on that quote from Amell being simple misdirection or maybe some kind of technically correct thing where he isn't just dunked in it but gets healed/revived by it anyway.

Well a perforated lung will kill you too, particular when combined with a steep vertical drop and hypothermia. I do like that he acknowledged that Oliver's bag of herbs are basically magic.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Whenever people complain about television or movie characters surviving seemingly impossible injuries I just remember that in real life some people have died from falling off of their bicycles while others have survived falling from thousands of feet.

Life's hosed up, man.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Azhais posted:

Sure that body died but his consciousness was immediately downloaded into a new one.

There are only 12 vigilante models.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
That aloe vera poo poo fixes everything, doesn't it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I guess it's fine if Oliver survives without a Lazarus Pit but I'm super interested in the explanation behind Ra's' apparent age. I guess he could have just lied to Ollie but the dude doesn't look like he's in his 80s.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sure that body died but his consciousness was immediately downloaded into a new one.

They have a plan*

*citation needed

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

MrFlibble posted:

I don't read the comics but i'm assuming if arsenal is still a super-hero he gets some kind of cloned arm / robot arm / telepathic hoverbow.

Robot arm.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

I dont know posted:

Well a perforated lung will kill you too, particular when combined with a steep vertical drop and hypothermia. I do like that he acknowledged that Oliver's bag of herbs are basically magic.

Oh for sure, I'm just saying that getting stabbed anywhere that isn't your heart or your head (and even then there's some wiggle room based on the stab) on TV falls under the "gunshot wounds are non-lethal 99% of the time" umbrella of injuries, so Ollie not needing a Lazarus Pit because he didn't actually die is still totally plausible if, again, kind of cheap (from a storytelling perspective).

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

"To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else."

:tinfoil:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Does this mean we get this in live action

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

WarLocke posted:

Honestly they could do whatever they wanted. Hell in the last Batman movie Bane breaks his loving back and Bats just hardens the gently caress up and gets over it. TV/movie logic, folks. :stonklol:

Didn't his chiropractor prisoner friend "unbreak" it?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

Didn't his chiropractor prisoner friend "unbreak" it?

If I'm remembering correctly (and I might not be) I think one of his vertebrae was just dislocated, and the dude in the prison strung him up from the ceiling to straighten it out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh baby I loving hope so.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JohnnySmitch posted:

Yeah but wait till we find out that Malcolm Merlyn is Robert Queen's dad.

It turns out that all 500 people who were murdered were Malcolm's kids, and since he isn't bringing charges against himself as the aggrieved party, everybody just decides to forgive him and move on with their lives.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

You know what the world needs? A "scud: the disposable assassin" tv show.

I don't know why your post made me think of that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

raditts posted:

But is she Jewish on her mother's side or her father's side?

You can't be Jewish on the paternal side.
:goonsay:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

You can't?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Gaz-L posted:

Depends on whether you're Orthodox or Reform. The latter allow it to pass patrilineally so long as the child is raised Jewish.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Azhais posted:

That was no ORDINARY salmon ladder...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobkatt013 posted:

I didn't know Roy spent time as Cat Welder.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I didn't know Roy spent time as Cat Welder.

More like Cat Bludgeoner.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

I don't know why it took this post to make me realise but Lucy Lawless needs to be in Arrow since, like, yesterday.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

incredible bear posted:

I don't know why it took this post to make me realise but Lucy Lawless needs to be in Arrow since, like, yesterday.

I would buy a Lucy Lawless Wonder Woman on TV (the look, I mean)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I just realized that a live-action Sportsmaster would be a perfect villain for Roy to take on and get some character development on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sadly, Lucy would probably have to be Hippolyta at this point.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hiddenriverninja posted:

I would buy a Lucy Lawless Wonder Woman on TV (the look, I mean)

But Xena was already on TV?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, she'd have to keep her top on, which might be hard with all the Spartacus people around.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

bobkatt013 posted:

Is that the Red Lantern cat? Diggle's nemesis confirmed?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rhyno posted:

More like Cat Bludgeoner.

Nah he's a Cat Wielder. All his weapons are variations on cats.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

He casted ReRaise on himself before he got to the top of the mountain.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Scyantific posted:

I just realized that a live-action Sportsmaster would be a perfect villain for Roy to take on and get some character development on.

Young Justice has rehabilitated him as a character so much.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

jscolon2.0 posted:

Young Justice has rehabilitated him as a character so much.

Roy or Sportsmaster?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Scyantific posted:

Roy or Sportsmaster?

Sportsmaster. Wanna see that Hammer Throw/Black Manta fight in live action.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Justice.

• Locked thread