Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Did anyone else catch the ref patting her on the rear end after he secured the arm? Hell yeah dude...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

super macho dude posted:

Did anyone else catch the ref patting her on the rear end after he secured the arm? Hell yeah dude...

He was checking for foreign objects, get your mind out of the gutter

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jimmy was nowhere near that match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Today I learned from Jericho's podcast that Uso means bro/sis in Samoan depending on the gender of the person speaking.

The Uso Brothers are the Brother Brothers. :aaa:

That is so perfectly wrestling.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Today I learned from Jericho's podcast that Uso means bro/sis in Samoan depending on the gender of the person speaking.

Isn't the team name just The Usos?

Literally a twin tag team called The Brothers.

Still perfect.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Would at least change up introductions a bit to replace all brothers with Usos.

"Introducing Kane...

...Undertaker...

...the USOS of Destruction"

"Scott and Rick, the Steiner Usos"

Actually, nah, better not.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Germansimp posted:

Would at least change up introductions a bit to replace all brothers with Usos.

"Introducing Kane...

...Undertaker...

...the USOS of Destruction"

"Scott and Rick, the Steiner Usos"

Actually, nah, better not.

Uso crazy.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

According to to Onita's wiki article Uso also means "lie" in Japanese (Onita briefly used it as a promotion name), which sounds like they should be teaming with Jado (evil ways) and Gedo(heresy).

They're really not cool enough for CHAOS though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Thauros posted:

According to to Onita's wiki article Uso also means "lie" in Japanese (Onita briefly used it as a promotion name), which sounds like they should be teaming with Jado (evil ways) and Gedo(heresy).

They're really not cool enough for CHAOS though.

Shouldn't Jado be alligned with AJ Styles, then?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

That's why they are teaming up with Hogan at Wrestlemania.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

That's why they are teaming up with Hogan at Wrestlemania.

...Wait, what's the most recent card we have for WM?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Tizz Shizz is just Karl and Chris Harris this week. Nothing special.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I still can't get over Gallows calling Kim Jong Un "one of the boys" last week.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Where do these WOL callers come from?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Most of them are those who want to listen to Bryan Alvarez but are too cheap to get a sub.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Where do these WOL callers come from?

I was at the Milwaukee Hilton for work all week and on Thursday night people started arriving for a gaming convention and there was a big fat goon in a figure four shirt.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Now that I think about it, there were a lot of hambeasts at the Super China Buffet this year.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

Most of them are those who want to listen to Bryan Alvarez but are too cheap to get a sub.

Never really "got" that aspect about the regular PWTorch Livecast callers until it was pointed out to me.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Arbite posted:

Now that I think about it, there were a lot of hambeasts at the Super China Buffet this year.

Overweight people at an all you can eat buffet?

I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't confirmed by the wrestling observer

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Overweight people at an all you can eat buffet?

I wouldn't believe it if it wasn't confirmed by the wrestling observer

Dave's got the scoops (of meatballs) brother

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
There's a lot of Benoit talk on the Wrestlemania XX audio and it's obvious he's still massively shaken up about what happened to Eddie and Benoit, especially Benoit, his voice was close to breaking at a few points. Man, it's hard to listen to in places :(

EDIT: "In many ways it was the worst 6 weeks of my life, because I didn't live, I existed" I lost it a little here, jesus christ

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 19, 2015

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

There's a lot of Benoit talk on the Wrestlemania XX audio and it's obvious he's still massively shaken up about what happened to Eddie and Benoit, especially Benoit, his voice was close to breaking at a few points. Man, it's hard to listen to in places :(

EDIT: "In many ways it was the worst 6 weeks of my life, because I didn't live, I existed" I lost it a little here, jesus christ

At least it's fun to try to read between the lines of Dave's comments about Cena

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Yeah it's a pretty intense listen that I wasn't really expecting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Brock can do anything he wants to do." "Can he go to TNA?" "Brock doesn't want to go to TNA."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

"Brock can do anything he wants to do." "Can he go to TNA?" "Brock doesn't want to go to TNA."

Maybe that was Rollins' plan. He curbstomps Heyman, and Brock's then so dumb he'd go to Dixie.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

At least it's fun to try to read between the lines of Dave's comments about Cena

What was the Cena comment? I listened to the show this morning but missed a few things because people were coming into my office.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

What was the Cena comment? I listened to the show this morning but missed a few things because people were coming into my office.

First saw him in 99 he was a good promo but not a very good wrestler. "I'm not saying he's a great wonderful person but ya know the charity work he does is great and wonderful".

"He's in a position not to like me but when we bump into each other at WWE events he is so nicer than he ever has to be. It’s not ever sarcastic nice I almost have this impression that he believes that I’m so nice that uh I’m I don’t know he just a really nice you know he’s just a really nice guy the charity work that you don’t hear about is uh yeah again I think the world of John Cena’s work as the face of the company."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So did Cena try to get Dave naked or what?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did Dave used to go to UPW shows live when they ran in California?

I never made the connection that Dave would might have been around for that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

Did Dave used to go to UPW shows live when they ran in California?

I never made the connection that Dave would might have been around for that.

He did. Wrestling Observer Live did shows there too. Rick Bassman and Dave were/are friendly.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
This week's MLW starts out interesting, they're talking about the Vince writing RReign's promos rumor, Alex Greenfield says that back when he was head writer and Rey Mysterio was champ that Vince personally wrote Rey's promos and that they have the same exact voice as Reign's recent promos. He mentions the feud Rey had with Mark Henry at that time as having promos that are particularly egregious of this.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

The most nasally sperg caller I've ever heard on sunday's WOL @ around 19:30-- Ryan from Cumberland, Maryland

Bryan: What PPV did you go to?
January Jackpot!
:goonsay:
Bryan: January Jackpot! That sounds like the Seahawks win here
O....kay.
:goonsay:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Ryan calls in every single show and never has anything interesting to say.

They're doing another WOL today and... Ryan called in already.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Ryan is the guy who called in after the Jones/Cormier fight and said that UFC was trying to make whites vs coloreds fights on all their cards so that people would be more interested.

He's a treat.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Isn't there that one guy who always calls in to talk about the divas?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Jim from Virginia stopped calling in about a month ago.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

im so glad

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There's another diva stalker though. Ed from San Antonio or something like that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Apparently he's been very sick - I did find it rather touching that despite apparently going :rolleyes: when he calls in, they were concerned when they hadn't heard from him for awhile. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There's another diva stalker though. Ed from San Antonio or something like that

Ed isn't anything new.

• Locked thread