Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I remember those covers. Who thought that was a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Soonmot posted:

Every editor of every female aimed book see also: Emma Frost covers.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I particularly like this Doctor Strange costume, and I'm using it in the game.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Schneider Heim posted:

Isn't that Nico Minoru's Staff Of One?

Hm, very similar.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm trying to find something objective to say about that costume.

I just can't. I suppose I'm glad that others can? :unsmith:

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Turtleneck. Trenchcoat. Tan slacks. The best look in the world.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's just an unnamed uru staff, despite being similar in style.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
It almost looks a bit like a caduceus, which would maybe be in line with the character.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Say Nothing posted:

Isn't that Nico Minoru's Staff Of One?

Hm, very similar.

Good god I can't wait for the next proper Runaways volume so I can just pretend that Avengers Arena and its sequels never happened.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Kellsterik posted:

Turtleneck. Trenchcoat. Tan slacks. The best look in the world.

Needs a bitchin' medallion.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Soonmot posted:

see something fucky happening in early 00s Marvel comic? thats Bill Jemas

Schneider Heim posted:

I like the compromise between low-key/casual and Sorcerer Supreme that Emma Rios came up with (on the left)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

fatherboxx posted:

see something fucky happening in early 00s Marvel comic? thats Bill Jemas

I like the compromise between low-key/casual and Sorcerer Supreme that Emma Rios came up with (on the left)

Most importantly, it has the requisite pimp medallion of mystery. Approved.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I liked Doc with the short-lived Trenchcoat of Levitation, because he's still got the Eye on.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's some sketches of other Phoenix looks Cockrum was working on.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

prefect posted:

I liked Doc with the short-lived Trenchcoat of Levitation, because he's still got the Eye on.

That vest looks like it would be a complete pain in the rear end to draw for every panel.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

zoux posted:

I like Lady Iron Fist.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

zoux posted:

More heroes need a Captain Marvel half-cape.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Die Laughing posted:

I like Lady Iron Fist.

Didn't they establish a historical Lady Iron Fist was the Phoenix in AvX? Between that and White Phoenix, that art seems to have surprising long term influence.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

404GoonNotFound posted:

More heroes need a Captain Marvel half-cape.

I'm a sucker for those sash belts ala the other Captain Marvel, and Phoenix.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

Whenever someone praises a costume in this thread, I feel like I'm the only person who can see color. Yeah, the design and cut of a costume is important, but so is color and there's nothing good about the combination of red, brown, black and white. Its loving garish.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Irish Joe posted:

Whenever someone praises a costume in this thread, I feel like I'm the only person who can see color. Yeah, the design and cut of a costume is important, but so is color and there's nothing good about the combination of red, brown, black and white. Its loving garish.

You know I usually avoid mentioning red text but jesus gently caress :stare:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I'm a sucker for those sash belts ala the other Captain Marvel, and Phoenix.

Billy had the sash belt first, too :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Venom's new look.

Also is this Venom in Cosmic thing going to be semi-permanent or are they just enjoying loving around before they blow the whole thing up? I'm not reading the book but I've seen scans of Venom-rocket and Venom-groot.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Tracula posted:

You know I usually avoid mentioning red text but jesus gently caress :stare:

If you haven't added Irish Joe to your ignore list yet then you are loving up big time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Venom's new look.

Also is this Venom in Cosmic thing going to be semi-permanent or are they just enjoying loving around before they blow the whole thing up? I'm not reading the book but I've seen scans of Venom-rocket and Venom-groot.

Does he work for Cerberus now?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I haven't read the character since Maximum Carnage, and I think this look is pretty cool.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

zoux posted:

Venom's new look.

Who knows? It's comic books. There's also Venom Drax!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

It looks more yellow than brown to me, but if you get rid of the red cloak, you're going to get jerkoff fanboys (:wave:) bitching about it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

zoux posted:

Venom's new look.

Flash was unconscious and the symbiote jumped around to the various GotG members briefly, that stuff's all over now. They're dealing with some symbiote homeworld thing right now so this must be what happens when that all shakes out.

Kind of a cool look, interesting to see that they're making him big and bulky again instead of the more sleek, agile Venom we've had for a while.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelp Plankton posted:

Flash was unconscious and the symbiote jumped around to the various GotG members briefly, that stuff's all over now. They're dealing with some symbiote homeworld thing right now so this must be what happens when that all shakes out.

Kind of a cool look, interesting to see that they're making him big and bulky again instead of the more sleek, agile Venom we've had for a while.

Is it still Flash inside there? I liked it when Flash-Venom was more sleek, because he was president of the Spider-Man fan club in high school, and I could see him wanting to look like his hero. :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NotAnArtist posted:

I haven't read the character since Maximum Carnage, and I think this look is pretty cool.

I haven't read him since his latest ongoing ended without resolving anything and I also think it looks fine. Also is that a Nova Corps shield on the sleeve?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

prefect posted:

Is it still Flash inside there? I liked it when Flash-Venom was more sleek, because he was president of the Spider-Man fan club in high school, and I could see him wanting to look like his hero. :allears:

Yep, still Flash Thompson. They even went out of their way to make Flash Thompson into Agent Venom on the current Spidey cartoon so he's pretty popular and probably going to stick around for a while.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

zoux posted:

Venom's new look.

So is that a symbiote or some sort of exoskeleton/power suit?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Hah, looks super Mass Effecty to me too.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

prefect posted:

It looks more yellow than brown to me, but if you get rid of the red cloak, you're going to get jerkoff fanboys (:wave:) bitching about it.

Eh, real fanboys would know that Strange didn't have the red cloak for the first year and a half that he appeared in Strange Tales. A lot of times in the Ditko stories he doesn't wear a cape at all.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Seriously. I like it, but drat. Venom has had some great redesigns. I've liked almost all of them, which is funny considering how much I hate how Carnage looks in everything ever.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

prefect posted:

It was supposed to be gold but always printed dark yellow/brown.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

zoux posted:

Venom's new look.

Wait... is he wearing robot legs or something in his "un-armored" look, or is he keeping the symbiote active 24/7 now?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dunno. Since he's hanging with the Guardians I'd assume he has access to decent prostheitcs, as long as Rocket doesn't need them for a scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

zoux posted:

Dunno. Since he's hanging with the Guardians I'd assume he has access to decent prostheitcs, as long as Rocket doesn't need them for a scheme.

They got Jack Flag out of his wheelchair; I'd think new legs would be a snap for the space doctors.

• Locked thread