Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Red Mundus posted:

I can't remember if it was stated but can you transfer the look of your boss into GooH?

Your last save is referenced- Your Boss would be as they appeared before you start the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I like how the dealbreaker that made me not pre-order this was just the fact that there's no radio. :v:

Listening to '80s pop music while everything explodes is an 100% essential part of the open world genre experience.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Eh, I just end up playing my own music in the background a few hours in when the radio gets played out. It's disappointing but not a deal breaker for me.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Frankly, I bought this on the promise of a throwdown with Shakespeare. As long as GooH delivers on that, it's worth my money.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Medium Cool posted:

Eh, I just end up playing my own music in the background a few hours in when the radio gets played out.
Yeah, honestly the radio in SRIV got pretty boring after a while and I switched to my "THE MIX" Spotify playlist. I suppose I could just do that from the start if when I play GooH, but goddammit there should at least be some Meatloaf in the game :colbert:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Rincewind posted:

I like how the dealbreaker that made me not pre-order this was just the fact that there's no radio. :v:

Listening to '80s pop music while everything explodes is an 100% essential part of the open world genre experience.

Every game climax should include The Touch :colbert:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

When they reboot Saints Row, I imagine that they'll go back to their roots, you as some no-name gangbanger trying to unite the gangs...and then when you accomplish this 100%, the equivalent of Castlevania Symphony of the Night kicks in and you've got another 100% to complete as much more extreme content emerges. Maybe it goes all the way to space aliens, maybe not.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Eh. I hope they start out insane from the get-go.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really don't see them going back to Regular Gangbanger. That's a pretty full territory and no matter what you're losing in comparison to GTA. Going balls-to-the-wall-crazy gives them both a niche that nothing else is filling and makes it easier to design interesting new mechanics.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A reboot as some no name gangbanger in one of the Saints' space colonies, where the local boss is an rear end in a top hat and you end up leading a revolution against him. Make it exotic and cyberpunky.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Pimp cane shotguns and blinged-out El Caminos in black, purple and gold are much cooler than all this superpower and sci-fi nonsense. :colbert:

They'll never be able to please everyone with the direction the next game takes, unless you get to choose whether you want to be a criminal kingpin or superpowered God-Emperor of the galaxy and have completely different storylines for each path. Which will not happen.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

^^^: All the superpower stuff was only in the simulation though (and I guess in Hell now), the 'real-world' bit were played straight. No reason to assume that SR5 would keep them unless it also involved the simulation...

ZearothK posted:

A reboot as some no name gangbanger in one of the Saints' colonies, where the local boss is an rear end in a top hat and you end up leading a revolution against him. Make it exotic and cyberpunky.

This isn't bad, but I still want Saints in Time narrated by Jane Austen and Hell Shakespear

VVV: :master:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

ZearothK posted:

A reboot as some no name gangbanger in one of the Saints' space colonies, where the local boss is an rear end in a top hat and you end up leading a revolution against him. Make it exotic and cyberpunky.

And your particular faction wears red, right?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

WarLocke posted:

^^^: All the superpower stuff was only in the simulation though (and I guess in Hell now), the 'real-world' bit were played straight. No reason to assume that SR5 would keep them unless it also involved the simulation...
That is true, but if they want to keep the balls-to-the-wall crazy direction, it's not like they can take the superpowers and all that poo poo out of the next game. They'd just make up some handwavy excuse for your superpowers working in the real world, and no one would mind.

Psygnosis
Jul 30, 2003

Doc Morbid posted:

That is true, but if they want to keep the balls-to-the-wall crazy direction, it's not like they can take the superpowers and all that poo poo out of the next game. They'd just make up some handwavy excuse for your superpowers working in the real world, and no one would mind.

The Boss was in a coma and never woke up in Saints Row 2. Everything past the boat blowing up in SR1 was a coma induced dream. Saints Row 5 is basically a remake of 2 but with a better engine.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Psygnosis posted:

The Boss was in a coma and never woke up in Saints Row 2. Everything past the boat blowing up in SR1 was a coma induced dream. Saints Row 5 is basically a remake of 2 but with a better engine.
I don't care for the "it was all a dream" trope very much, but since the Saints are now able to pull off all sorts of time travel shenanigans and probably warp the fabric of time and space, I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate timeline where the boss somehow already knows what's going to happen on the boat and doesn't get blown up.

edit: and yes, SR2 with a better engine and a bunch of new gangs to blow up is literally all I want from SR5.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 20, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Doc Morbid posted:

This is what I want out of the next game:

Saints Row 5: Saints in Time

Game opens with Kinzie loving around with Zinyak's time machine mentioned at the end of SR4, and poo poo Goes Wrong. There's an explosion, and all the crew ends up strewn throughout time. So you as the Boss have to go back to these different periods of history to pick up your homies, and while you're there you inevitably gently caress poo poo up so much that everyone starts repping the Row. Like, you go back to save Gat and he's hanging with Genghis Khan, then things happen and by the time you leave the dude is a full-on homie and his armies are reppin the purple. Or Pierce ends up in France sometime and you make him the Purple King while busting his rear end out. You end up literally re-writing history so much that, by the time Zinyak shows up with his fleet (at the end of the game), President Boss has had so many hints and clues and even outright future tech laid out for him/her that when Zinyak shows up the Boss is like "Oh, hey, it's you, gently caress off" blows the entire fleet out of the sky and the game ends with a view of a literal Planet Saints. :unsmigghh:

OK that was my fanfic I'm done now

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

WarLocke posted:

This is what I want out of the next game:

Saints Row 5: Saints in Time

Game opens with Kinzie loving around with Zinyak's time machine mentioned at the end of SR4, and poo poo Goes Wrong. There's an explosion, and all the crew ends up strewn throughout time. So you as the Boss have to go back to these different periods of history to pick up your homies, and while you're there you inevitably gently caress poo poo up so much that everyone starts repping the Row. Like, you go back to save Gat and he's hanging with Genghis Khan, then things happen and by the time you leave the dude is a full-on homie and his armies are reppin the purple. Or Pierce ends up in France sometime and you make him the Purple King while busting his rear end out. You end up literally re-writing history so much that, by the time Zinyak shows up with his fleet (at the end of the game), President Boss has had so many hints and clues and even outright future tech laid out for him/her that when Zinyak shows up the Boss is like "Oh, hey, it's you, gently caress off" blows the entire fleet out of the sky and the game ends with a view of a literal Planet Saints. :unsmigghh:

DONE.

There we go, we solved the problem of where SR5 goes.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Overbite posted:

This was a huge problem with both 3 and 4. All of the funny bits were in the trailers and when I played the games it was disappointing to realize that I had already seen all the good stuff before I even played it. Gat coming back for 4 should not have been a marketing point.

You say that, but for me that was literally the only reason I gave them the benefit of the doubt and pre-ordered. So to each their own I guess.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

I can get behind this.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Where's SR6 go after you control the literal planet and apparently enough tech to take the galaxy too? Saints Effect? Or is this where Boss goes back in time to not get blown up?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oldskool posted:

Where's SR6 go after you control the literal planet and apparently enough tech to take the galaxy too? Saints Effect? Or is this where Boss goes back in time to not get blown up?

Alternate dimensions.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Freespace 3: Saints Row 5

From the depths of space, an invincible army of horrifying efficiency and cruelty advanced upon the known galaxy. They wear purple.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Guys, I can't believe no one has said this yet, but y'all better buy GOoH otherwise there isn't gonna be a SR5. I didn't pre-order, the review makes it sound terrible, but the writing is on the wall.

Volition needs money, and they blew half the loving budget on marketing to get you to buy the drat thing cuz they need the cash.

Support Volition, buy Gat Out of Hell.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The next Saint Row with Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis System. Come on!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Saints Row Activities: The Game doesn't sound very appealing to me. SRIV goes on sale on Steam every two minutes so it won't be long before it's cheap.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Still disappointed Volition didn't go with "Saints Row Goes Fourth".

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Yeah, if Gamestop doesn't honor the 4.99 I'll just pick it up on Steam when it inevitably drops that low, probably during the summer sale. This isn't worth $20. If Volition needs money they probably shouldn't have sold a bloated expansion as a full sequel.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
All I know is if they reboot saints row and particularly saints row 2, if I can land a plane on the road and taxi it into a car mod shop those fuckers better let me in this time.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

mysterious loyall Y posted:

Freespace 3: Saints Row 5

From the depths of space, an invincible army of horrifying efficiency and cruelty advanced upon the known galaxy. They wear purple.

INCOMING JUMP SIGNATURE, PURPLE CONFIGURATION

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
No one's left... Everything's gone... 3rd street is burning.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

There's a little Boss in everyone

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

site posted:

Guys, I can't believe no one has said this yet, but y'all better buy GOoH otherwise there isn't gonna be a SR5. I didn't pre-order, the review makes it sound terrible, but the writing is on the wall.

Volition needs money, and they blew half the loving budget on marketing to get you to buy the drat thing cuz they need the cash.

They're doing well enough that they created an entirely new team which is developing Gat Outta Hell while the actual Saints Row team works on their next proper game. Which is exactly why I haven't been hyped about GOH.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

EngineerSean posted:

No one's left... Everything's gone... 3rd street is burning.

I'm disappointed this never got used in Saints Row IV.

In the glittering darkness of the far future, there is only bling.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I didn't realize how pumped I was to replay/actually finish IV until I preordered on the PSN earlier. GOOH sounds rad too, I'm totally okay with the way the missions seem to work. loving hell I love this ridiculous franchise I can't wait!!!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If I played SRIV on the 360 is there any way to import my boss to the XBox One?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

site posted:

Calm down

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

site posted:

I bought it for five bucks but apparently it's going to be twenty instead, though I thought there was some sort of law about honoring whatever the price is even if there's a fuckup.

e: http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/19/5-saints-row-4-gat-out-of-hell-price-blunder/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sleeveless posted:

They're doing well enough that they created an entirely new team which is developing Gat Outta Hell while the actual Saints Row team works on their next proper game. Which is exactly why I haven't been hyped about GOH.

All of the sudden I'm less tolerant of what sounds like a not-great game :/

So this was, what, training wheels for the new studio? Have they said why they made a new studio instead of expanding the original?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I bought it for five bucks but apparently it's going to be twenty instead, though I thought there was some sort of law about honoring whatever the price is even if there's a fuckup.

e: http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/19/5-saints-row-4-gat-out-of-hell-price-blunder/

I paid through PayPal, but don't seem to have a PayPal charge on my bank account yet, so I'm guessing I didn't buy this?

• Locked thread