Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

hosed up that you forgot about cynthia, the third member of the justice cabal

And Girl Morgan doesn't mock Owain.

She manipulates the gently caress out of him, sure, but she's girl Morgan. For her, messing with people is like breathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Am I just prejudiced, or Awakening and Working Title actually look worse than 9/10?

I don't like the art style but everything else looks way better

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Quick question: Could I use second seal to reclass Kellam from a General to a Trickster? I'm not sure what decides what class you can reclass to.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Yes, but you have to reach level 10 in General first.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ern Malley posted:

Making a shopping team is a cool thing to do, although you may want to add in some gear, because the legendary weapons aren't buyable off of streetpass teams. You can buy almost anything from streetpass teams, except the legendary stuff and the Boots (and a few other things I might be forgetting).

I stuffed my Streetpass team full of stat-boosters, a second seal, and rare stuff, like a Hammerne staff.

My greetings are all Space Robot references, so if you got a Streetpass from an Avatar named Mary Sue who screamed, "Pak, chooie, unf" at you, that was me!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Vegetable posted:

Quick question: Could I use second seal to reclass Kellam from a General to a Trickster? I'm not sure what decides what class you can reclass to.

Basically if you're level 10 or above you can turn into any class of the same tier you could normally turn into. So Kellam can turn into a Trickster/Assassin/Great Knight/War Cleric/Sage from level 10 General. If he's below level 10 he can pnlh become a knight/thief/priest.

All characters except the Avatar have 3 base classes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How can anyone not like Lissa's ridiculously fancy pigtails? :colbert:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

i hate to break it to you, but you can't have both female robin and female morgan.

Right, that relates to this how?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That it's not an easy choice because you can't have both?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The original context was choosing between male and female Kamui. The point was that both the female counterparts in Awakening were better, so picking girl Kamui sounds like a good idea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly even if they had the exact same dialogue female kamui would be more interesting because the FE series has had like 15 male lords and like 3 female ones

and the number of female lords who were the definitive main character of their games is effectively zero

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 19, 2015

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

For sure.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

who is kamui??

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

sharrrk posted:

who is kamui??

I'm pretty sure that's the translation for the character who is believed to be MU in the next game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
either the prince and princess warrior is the next MU (which would be cool) or IF is just giving us two silver haired characters.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

frankly even if they had the exact same dialogue female kamui would be more interesting because the FE series has had like 15 male lords and like 3 female ones

and the number of female lords who were the definitive main character of their games is effectively zero

Eirika.

I mean, you could easily say she's rubbish at it, but she's at least as much the main lord of her game as Eliwood was for his.

(Let's see. Other female lords. Cecilia, Lyn, Lucina, Micaiah, Robin depending on player choices. So, six. Compared to twelve male lords, it's still not a great ratio. On the other hand, the ratio for translated games is a much more tolerable five to seven.)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The GameXplain guy that isn't the Andre dude that talks too fast and that a lot of people don't like did a Secrets and Hidden Details video of the Fire Emblem trailer/Nintendo Direct info. Some of it is obvious, some of it less so. Here it is if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgDBJqeNQs

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Eirika.

I mean, you could easily say she's rubbish at it, but she's at least as much the main lord of her game as Eliwood was for his.

(Let's see. Other female lords. Cecilia, Lyn, Lucina, Micaiah, Robin depending on player choices. So, six. Compared to twelve male lords, it's still not a great ratio. On the other hand, the ratio for translated games is a much more tolerable five to seven.)

Eirika wasn't the definitive main character, she and Ephraim split main character duties. Same with Lyn and what's her face, the white haired girl from FE10.

Robin isn't a lord technically and Lucina is allowed to die, she just has the lord class from Chrom. I dunno who Celicia is off the top of my head so I can't comment on her.

edit: oooh right, Celica's the girl from Gaiden. She's also splitting the lord duty with Alm. So really there are four female lords.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 19, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

chiasaur11 posted:

Eirika.

I mean, she's the character you start with but it's her brother who actually gets everything done, and leads the army to the enemy stronghold without her before the evil final boss gets summoned.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

chiasaur11 posted:

Eirika.

Eh...Gonna disagree with that. Eirika is at the very least a co-protagonist, but the main story of FE7 is completely and totally about Eliwood. Even in Hector's story, it still revolves around Eliwood and his motivations. I mean it starts with everyone looking for Elbert, and then his death is used a motivation to hunt down the Black Fang until Ninian gets killed which serves as his motivation to continue on and kill Nergal.

I suppose in much the same way it could be argued that FE8's story is more about Eirika than Ephraim, but that's a hell of a lot closer than Hector's case for co-protagonist.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

That video identifies someone wielding an axe as a "mage."

Also I had to double check the pronunciation after he said "mer-my-din" to make sure I wasn't confused and the top comment for the youtube pronunciation video is "thank you from the Fire Emblem community."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

In non-IF talk, I just want to say that after playing a billion hours of Awakening, I feel very silly for making Jill tiptoe around archers in Radiant Dawn (because Dracos don't have bow weakness).

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Since FE10 was my first, it didn't occur to me that Marcia could be weak to bows since I had other fliers like Jill going rambo on archers.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Eirika wasn't the definitive main character, she and Ephraim split main character duties. Same with Lyn and what's her face, the white haired girl from FE10.

Robin isn't a lord technically and Lucina is allowed to die, she just has the lord class from Chrom. I dunno who Celicia is off the top of my head so I can't comment on her.

edit: oooh right, Celica's the girl from Gaiden. She's also splitting the lord duty with Alm. So really there are four female lords.

Eirika had at least a number of chapters devoted to her and they were pretty plot important. Lyn and Micky not so much.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lyn had her own story devoted to her. It wasn't tied to the main plot but it was entirely her own thing.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Manatee Cannon posted:

Lyn had her own story devoted to her. It wasn't tied to the main plot but it was entirely her own thing.

it's a pretty worthless prologue that's better skipped outright. The game begins with Eliwood's plot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like her campaign and don't get why you'd skip ten chapters of gameplay.

Not that the quality of it really matters to my point anyway.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they're pretty boring

i normally play them because i can knock them out in an hour and get better units that way but they're not exactly that fun

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's boring, easy, and it basically only serves to give you a failsafe in case Rebecca or Lowen doesn't turn out. It also forces you to go through all the tutorials until you've beaten it the first time, which is dumb.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The last mission where you have to go through heavily wooded forest AND rain is a real poo poo slog.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You're all entitled to being wrong, I won't try and stop you. :colbert:

tho yeah chapter 10 in the prologue sucks

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Lyn might not be the star of the game but I give her points for always turning out better for me than Eliwood did.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anatharon posted:

Eirika had at least a number of chapters devoted to her and they were pretty plot important. Lyn and Micky not so much.

Micaiah had all of Act 1 as the main Lord and I think at least 2 maps were fairly plot important. :shobon:

It's kind of shame she just got less and less prominent as the game went on because I enjoyed the novelty of playing as the enemy general who regrets the war and is sorry for the destruction they've caused but still does it anyway because they are intensely nationalistic and loyal to their king for no adequately explored reason.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Internet Kraken posted:

Lyn might not be the star of the game but I give her points for always turning out better for me than Eliwood did.

That's not hard considering he's super average with poo poo caps and she's a myrm+ with an amazing unique weapon. It would take significant effort for Lyn to not be better than Eliwood.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

also blood pacts

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The 1st part of radiant dawn is worse than I thought. As in half the team being utter poo poo and the other half is good except you almost immediately get 5 people that are instantly better so why bother with the dawn Brigade outside of Nolan.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i like using jill too

e: wait i think you were just talking about the starting DB

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

The 1st part of radiant dawn is worse than I thought. As in half the team being utter poo poo and the other half is good except you almost immediately get 5 people that are instantly better so why bother with the dawn Brigade outside of Nolan.

The answer is you don't because they are boring. Or you use them solely so that you can have more actually helpful units in Part 3.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Speaking of, the last chapter you use the Dawn Brigade is is Really loving Hard. I dunno, it felt the first few times I tried it, that it would be seriously impossible to progress. That is, unless I just abused the black knight being there as much as possible. Ultimately I didn't, but still.

Now you're all gonna tell me that chapter is actually pretty easy and I'm just bad, right? (I wouldn't be surprised). I was on Hard, though.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Tae posted:

Edward always came out as a complete hoss and supported well with nolan, so I always gave him a spot.