Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Don't buy live.

Get 2K15 its the best basketball game ever.

If you can't deal with 2k gameplay then there's nothing really else out there worth playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Biggest problem I have with 2k15 (as someone that came from 2k14 pc) is the load times. Between Inquisition and this, I'm doing a lot of 3DS short sessions in between.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
ITT people who don't have SSD's

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I think we should get a crew together and play some park tonight in Rivet City. PS4

thompson fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 14, 2015

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

thompson posted:

I think we should get a crew together and play some park tonight in Rivet City.

PC?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

thompson posted:

I think we should get a crew together and play some park tonight in Rivet City. PS4

I'm down for this. PSN: Mandrel71

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Mandrel posted:

I'm down for this. PSN: Mandrel71

Okie doke, add me. I'm brb_alcohol. Maybe bigblindjeef will be on tonight. If not, I have a bunch of friends i've picked up in Rivet city who are really good. It turns out a lot of people like to play with you if you have an athletic big man, which I do. :)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are there ever any legit locker codes or is it all just a cesspool of phishing attempts

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Had some monster plays in the park this morning. Pretty fun.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KxnXlsY8nEc&feature=youtu.be

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz2hJuZx0Jc&feature=youtu.be

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Got 2K15 today. Thank you nice dudes for steering me back my roots and not giving in to Live. I used to play 2K every single night for hours and hours running franchises for years. It was my favorite thing, hopefully I'll get that feeling back after checking out of the series for a few years.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

thompson posted:

Okie doke, add me. I'm brb_alcohol. Maybe bigblindjeef will be on tonight. If not, I have a bunch of friends i've picked up in Rivet city who are really good. It turns out a lot of people like to play with you if you have an athletic big man, which I do. :)

My bad bro, I forgot. Just added you, gonna be on for a little while this afternoon if you feel like jamming

(open invitation to anyone else who's on right now also)

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Mandrel posted:

My bad bro, I forgot. Just added you, gonna be on for a little while this afternoon if you feel like jamming

(open invitation to anyone else who's on right now also)

I'll be back at my appt in like 10 and I'm going to much on lunch pretty quick. I'm pretty :350: so odds are I'll be playing.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

thompson posted:

I'll be back at my appt in like 10 and I'm going to much on lunch pretty quick. I'm pretty :350: so odds are I'll be playing.

Sick

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Going to broadcast to twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/brb_alcoho1/mobile

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?
Good playing yesterday, someday we'll win a game :negative:

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

the wildest turkey posted:

Good playing yesterday, someday we'll win a game :negative:

We can dream. One day our dreams will become a reality.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
when you guys play the park is it normal to play with randoms who don't understand the basic idea of passing?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Metapod posted:

when you guys play the park is it normal to play with randoms who don't understand the basic idea of passing?

Every park game I play is 7 foot big men who don't play defence and go straight for the dunk. Sadly it works most of the time

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Metapod posted:

yes these are the unspoken rules of the park

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Just played 3 games with Paul George in the park. That was pretty loving cool.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

thompson posted:

WHAT

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Yes it was epic, he was ooping to me all 3 games and it was probably the highlight of my video game life! :)

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

thompson posted:

Yes it was epic, he was ooping to me all 3 games and it was probably the highlight of my video game life! :)

howd you know it was him?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Because they actually get their real in game player models as their myplayers, 2K hooks that poo poo up. A bunch of NBA guys play in the park pretty regularly on PS4.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

howd you know it was him?

They have the nba logo by their username but I looked up the gamertag.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thompson posted:

That is pretty dope

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

thompson posted:

They have the nba logo by their username but I looked up the gamertag.

what. I saw someone on PC with that in the park and had no idea what it meant. What nerd NBA player would be playing on PC?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gordon Hayward.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Stevie Lee posted:

what. I saw someone on PC with that in the park and had no idea what it meant. What nerd NBA player would be playing on PC?

Tim Duncan

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gordon Hayward.

I seriously would bet that it was him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

hopterque posted:

Because they actually get their real in game player models as their myplayers, 2K hooks that poo poo up. A bunch of NBA guys play in the park pretty regularly on PS4.

Oh wow i had no idea

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
George was an all star level 1...he's played over 100 games I think with that.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
in mycareer/park, does upgrading rebounding have any significant affect?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Metapod posted:

I get 10 boards per game on HoF My Career as a under 7 ft Point Guard, can't imagine it'd make too much difference, it just seems to be based on position more than anything.

Also I started a new career on the Rockets because on my other save the AI made crazy stacked teams and left me with a bunch of poo poo. In the end I hadn't even heard of half my team, it's never a good sign when they don't even have pictures in game. Rockets are really fun to play with as PG, it's a pleasure to play with Howard & Harden since they make nearly all their shots.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I think you need a certain level of rebounding to be able to do putback dunks, and it helps later on for games you sim, but it seems worth it only as an afterthought

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Metapod posted:

I have a slightly different perspective. In the park (where I do most of my stuff now) rebounding does matter. 80 gets me by with a 6'9'' maxed out athlete PF, but there are some games where I am hosed. Real fundamentals like boxing out help out there as they do in the career, but there are just some games where guys shithouse you because they clearly maxed it out or at least have a higher rebound.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thanks for the advice. I'm going improve rebounding to ~75 and see if I need to upgrade it more to make Wilt 2.0

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE
Is anyone else suddenly having problems with signing in to 2K's servers and/or MyPark lag once you can finally sign in? I spent half an hour trying to get it to sign in last night and once I got to the park it was so laggy I could barely play. My internet connection is fine as far as I can tell, and I can use other games' online services without issue.

E: Spelling. Also, it just refused to sign in again.

RockNRoll Jesus fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 20, 2015

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

Is anyone else suddenly having problems with signing in to 2K's servers and/or MyPark lag once you can finally sign in? I spent half an hour trying to get it to sign in last night and once I got to the park it was so laggy I could barely play. My internet connection is fine as far as I can tell, and I can use other games' online services without issue.

E: Spelling. Also, it just refused to sign in again.

I just started the game up and it won't seem to connect to the servers. My internet is fine so it's definitely something on their end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE

Kilometers Davis posted:

I just started the game up and it won't seem to connect to the servers. My internet is fine so it's definitely something on their end.

Good so it's not just me. That actually makes me feel better for some reason.

• Locked thread